Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: URL, Interrupted

(edited)

That not sure if that episode was terribly stupid or stupidly terrible.  This week, social media will bully you, then kill you and everyone you love.

I like how Mundo was strong-arming Owen Campbell, correction ... assaulting Owen Campbell in the interrogation room in Charlotte, NC, and it turns out he didn't even do anything. 

Mundo: "She ran through a stop sign and she has ammo.  She means business."

Does anyone review the dialog for this show before filming ?

And it turns out the cyberbully is the guidance counsellor that Jordan Tan dumped months ago that was doing it all along.  Where exactly did she get these mad hacker skillz from ?  

That bit at the end with Zoey Tan and the guns in the trunk was beyond stupid.

Since when does a Federal agency jump into action when a local school girl has gone missing a few hours just because its one of SAIC Avery Ryan's former patients who is the father of the missing/suicidal girl ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

Sigh... Tuesday nights on CBS are suppose to be Person of Interest nights, not... this.

Oh, Byron Mann!  You were so awesome as Yao Fei on the first season of Arrow: is this really the best you can do, now?  At least he didn't embarrass himself, which, for this, show, is probably the best you can hope for.

They went big for this one.  Cyberbullying.  Catfishing.  Fear that the victim was either going to kill herself or go on a shooting spree.  The internet is so evil, y'all!

This episode was a bust for me simply because I called the guidance counselor in the first scene.  Just the way she was acting with the father in that scene came off shady.  Subtly is not this show's strongest suit.  Nor is motive.  OK, I'm sure there are people out there really that selfish, but I was rolling my eyes over the whole "He picked me over his daughter! Me!  Who has only been dating him for a couple of months!  What an asshole!!"

More back-story, I guess.  Peter MacNicol has a son who is, at best, a wimp who folds under peer pressure, or, at worst, an asshole.  I don't know if it was the acting or directing, but the guy really didn't seem all that upset over what he did.  More like he was upset over just getting caught.  Meanwhile, Raven of course, was a victim of bullying, so that's what caused her "descent", into becoming a Blackhat.  And, she was apparently arrested for shutting down the power grid of New Hampshire.  I wonder how she decided on that state?

I don't know what it is: I usually have a good tolerance level with snarky pairs, but there is something about Krumitz and Bow Wow, that just sets my teeth on edge.  They are just so annoying.  I don't know what is.  For comparison, I'm not a huge fan of Eric/Nell on NCIS:LA, but I would take those two easily over these knuckleheads.

• Love 1

Also, staying up late on the Internet is apparently called vamping, because even the most mundane, boring behavior needs to have a terrifying name to frighten the old people.

I think the most hamfisted part of the show (and it's a tight race) are the PSAs. Last night, we had two, one on social media and the other on teen bullying. Oof.

Edited by Kate the Great
  • Love 1

Favorite line of the night (as it should have been): "This is agent Avery Ryan.  We're in hot pursuit of an angsty teen who may be having self-esteeme issues and making vague threats against internet trolls."  Man, the resources these guys can throw at a problem that doesn't exist yet.  

Also loved how they invented a fake message site (so-as not to cast aspersions at Twitter) then say 'It's like Twitter'.  Oh, the scriptwriting process.

And let this be a lesson to us all - proper trunk-latch maintenance may not seem sexy but it saves lives.  It could happen TO YOU.

Edited by henripootel

CSI Cyber was on last night?  My TV guide didn't show it, but it says that CSI C is on tonight, but it's supposed to be a different episode.  Something about planes getting Wi Fi hacked or something.

What was that?

The high school guidance counselor was a psycho and a super hacker and the girlfriend of one of her student's dads and no one thought anything was amiss?

As soon as the dad said he broke up with the woman he was seeing because the bullied, missing daughter wanted him to break up with her, what excuse did they have for not thoroughly checking her out?

CSI Cyber was on last night? My TV guide didn't show it, but it says that CSI C is on tonight, but it's supposed to be a different episode. Something about planes getting Wi Fi hacked or something.

They advertised it as "on a special night" and then it was on again tonight with a different, unrelated episode. The ad you saw is for next week. It's almost like they're burning them off. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I just caught up with this one. The bullied girl missed a great opportunity at the end. She gave that solemn video statement to her schoolmates and bulliers about how their words had consequences, etc., but what she should have done was started out by saying something like "Do you dorks realize that you just followed like sheep a site started by your GUIDANCE COUNSELOR???"

Edited by Corvino
  • Love 1

Just got around to watching this, too. Pegged the shifty-eyed counselor before I even knew she was the jilted lover. Try harder, show. It's almost not even fun to snark it because It's just so glaringly bad. Why did that innocent blue crosstrek gal run a stop sign, anyway?