Type keyword(s) to search

The Android (Zoie Palmer)

In personality, she is more butler-like than your typical robot – concise, staid, yet surprisingly possessed of a subtly wry sense of humor, she is an indispensible member of the crew since she can exercise control over all the ship’s systems. And she isn’t shy about reminding everyone of the fact. An outsider among the ship’s human passengers, she is almost child-like in her earnest desire to fit in.

the actor is doing a great job.

Question Received: "How is it going."

Interpretation: status query about away team.

Formulate Reply: "It is going well."

Reformulate with Weighted Random Informality: "So far, so good."

Output as Speech: "So far, so good."

Personality Simulation: Gesture <jocular_elbow_swing>

• Love 3

At the time of Andromeda up to Dorian on Almost Human android/robot characters have been more human than Data. On Humans and now  with Android the intent seems to be to make them act more machine like.

• Love 1

At the time of Andromeda up to Dorian on Almost Human android/robot characters have been more human than Data. On Humans and now with Android the intent seems to be to make them act more machine like.

They'd be more successful if the writing for her wasn't so bad.

I think she's one of the best things about the show so far. Loved her little attempt at human body language this episode and her tiff with David Hewlitt's character. She's often the one providing some humor like back in the episode when she tried to engage evil corporation's goons in small talk. What I like best about her is that she seems mostly curious about her shipmates without any longings to be human (so far) - you get the impression for her this is all a very interesting experiment (which might be true though I doubt that the show is really going down that route).

• Love 3

Also like this most recent episode's scene:

"Can i drag you away somewhere?"

"I do not think you can. Despite your low center of gravity, you do not possess the physical strength to move me."

• Love 4

At the time of Andromeda up to Dorian on Almost Human android/robot characters have been more human than Data. On Humans and now  with Android the intent seems to be to make them act more machine like.

It all depends on what aspect of AI the writers want to explore.

And I did like this point made in Andromeda:

"You ask why we give our Ships' Computers normal Emotions? Do you really want a Warship Incapable of Loyalty? Or of Love?"

The Unshattered Allegiance,

High Guard Frigate

Artificial Intelligence Rights Activist,

C.Y. 7309

• Love 3

Sadly the Android's line readings are still generally terrible, especially when she's forced to deliver technobabble.  It's not entirely her fault, since the quality of the technobabble is near universally awful, but she still shoulders some of the blame.

• Love 1

She's an android with friends.  I can't remember the exact quote or what episode it came from last season, but that was my favorite.   In S02e01, she had little to do, but her line about being okay with the tech guy's head on a platter was great.  I don't know if there's going to be another season of Lost Girl, but I mostly like Zoie better here than there.

On 2015-07-20 at 11:48 AM, Mars477 said:

Sadly the Android's line readings are still generally terrible, especially when she's forced to deliver technobabble.  It's not entirely her fault, since the quality of the technobabble is near universally awful, but she still shoulders some of the blame.

This!  

I can't stand to hear her voice anymore!  I mute the sound when she "talks".  

On 7/20/2015 at 8:48 AM, Mars477 said:

15 minutes ago, sisterspoon said:

This!  

I can't stand to hear her voice anymore!  I mute the sound when she "talks".  

Interesting. This is a 2-year-old quote. I can see how she would appear terrible back then, but knowing her better two more seasons down the road I can hear the blend of programming and personality in her voice. We know she cooks for the crew with love and basil, feels badly about finding out she was just meant to be a container for someone else's consciousness, gets a bit salty if you diss her ability to rip your head right off your body with ease if she feels it necessary, and lately is enjoying her new clothes. ("Boobs. Boobs... boobs.") I like her expression of doe-eyed innocence through everything she says and does no matter how sweet or horrific. She could have been played as another ST:TNG's Data but I appreciate her uniqueness. 

• Love 7