Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Family Secrets

Sam and Laura go to Los Angeles, but Sam's patience is tested when they visit a strip club. Elsewhere, Kirk and Laura must wait to discover the fate of Laura's pregnancy; Toi and Rouvaun have the biggest argument of their newlywed life; and Nadine and Erik contemplate telling her father about Erik's past.

I felt bad for Kirk and Laura -- it would be awful to be in that limbo of not knowing. However, I did NOT like the editing in which we had to visit them for each of the five days prior to the final ultrasound. What more could they say? "Ummm, we still don't know anything ... Yup, still waiting ... Etc etc ..."

I thought a lot of this episode was painfully slow. I do feel bad for Erik who still desperately wants a father figure ... And his FIL is so dry and humorless.

• Love 2

Also, why the need to "suddenly" tell AnnoyingBlonde's dad that her husband has been married before?

Maybe the realization they already admitted it on camera? I have a feeling Dad supplements their lifestyle.

That whole storyline was worth it for the first scene. "We need to grow up and just tell him". "I agree. So how is the email to him coming?" HA!

• Love 3

Rouvan was being such a jerk to Toi about the closets. She was right about him wanting his way with his pool table but had no space for her. I thought it was cute, actually when her son stood up for his mom(in his own guy way) by suggesting it's not war when you're on the same team. I like how it was settled. Toi made it happen. They actually have a very cute way of expressing things to each other. They're my favorite couple.

• Love 2

6 episodes in and I'm still not seeing a great love between Sam & Laura. Laura is really bitchy and I'm liking her less and less the more we see of her. She's incredibly negative and critical. Sam's regret and sadness about leaving LA and the career opportunities there are written all over her face. There's going to be resentment if it's not there already.

Nadine is just such a princess. That's what I get from her. I'm curious about next week because Erik is so desperate about having a father and having a family that I'm so intrigued about the story with his mom.

Toi & Rouvan- the final conversation about the pool table, etc had me rolling, so funny! He is right about one thing- if she pays for an office, then she shouldn't expect to share his in the house. As a fellow work from home worker, I hear you Rouvan!

Laura & Kirk- it's sad and it took me back to my own experiences. It was nice to see a different side of him though.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 1

Deeply Shallow, I am right there with you on the Laura/Sam thing. I was actually surprised that Laura was the cut-up in the strip club and Sam was more reserved. I always thought, based on Sam's family dynamics, that she was the carefree, wild one. In the beginning, Laura seemed more quiet and shy. Something about them though...I don't know... I'm just not feeling happily forever and ever.

I was fairly indifferent to Toi up until this week. I feel like she is very aware of the cameras at all times. With some couples, like Kirk and Laura, I feel like when they are talking, that's it...no pretense, just communicating. Perhaps it's because she comes from a showbiz family, but I can't tell where "Toi" ends and Toika begins. At this stage in life, I can see how that type of thing can be very tiring for someone like Rouvan who has already divorced once before and seems to have a somewhat laid back personality.

• Love 1

I relate to Toi..I have Lupus SLE and it will totally and completely take over your life...and aside from meds...there isn't anything you can do about it. My husband is amazing thankfully.

Laura and Sam...yeesh! What is up with those two? I don't get why they're even together, let alone married. Sam is super shady and a liar. Laura is a tightly wound ball of rage who hates everyone around her. How did they stay together so long? Such a bad vibe with them. I could actually see that relationship ending violently.

Also what kind of writing was Laura doing that she couldn't work in LA? Don't get me wrong, I get preferring LA to NYC (or vise versa), but I don't get how LA is a bad city for a freelance writer. Does she have another job we don't know about? Does she write about specific things that don't happen in LA? I feel like we're never getting anywhere near the full story with those two.

• Love 1

Also what kind of writing was Laura doing that she couldn't work in LA? Don't get me wrong, I get preferring LA to NYC (or vise versa), but I don't get how LA is a bad city for a freelance writer. 

I don't know either but I have heard/watched several other shows mention this as well, even a few episodes of House Hunters have had cast members mention how better NYC is for writing over LA/West Coast.

• Love 1

After watching last night's (May 5) episode, I'm wondering how Laura even managed to get into a graduate writing program, let alone win a prize from one. If the reading was an example of her best writing, I'd hate to see her worst.

• Love 2