Type keyword(s) to search

AMC Actors: Where Are They Now?

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh yeah, there has to be a rich backstory waiting to be shown for Killmonger. I also it hope it gets a prequel. Jordan and Boseman are a killer combo.

Killmonger's mother should be a part of the prequel.  I vote for either Vanessa Williams who is on Days of our lives or Taraji to play her..

Jordan and Boseman are dynamite together..

(edited)

Chadwick Boseman, who played Reggie briefly and was later recast with Michael B. Jordan, in the role. He gave a commencement speech today at his alma mater, Howard University. He alluded to his firing, from All My Children. He had had misgivings about the role and voiced them to the producers. He got fired for speaking truth to power. He basically said that he used that experience, to give him purpose and to fuel his dreams.  He encouraged the graduates to do the same: to find a purpose in life and not just a career.

Chadwick is very sensitive about the portrayal of Black males in Hollywood. He has always said that he is very particular about the roles that he play and how that impacts his people.   He has played Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall and now T'Challa a.k.a the Black Panther.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He alluded to his firing, from All My Children. He had had misgivings about the role and voiced them to the producers. He got fired for speaking truth to power. He basically said that he used that experience, to give him purpose and to fuel his dreams.

Cady McClain (Dixie) had a similar experience.  She was uncomfortable with the storyline of Tad burying the doctor alive, torturing him to get information on the whereabouts of their daughter.  It was during the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, and she thought the storyline was inappropriate, especially for their overseas audience.  Next thing she knew she was eating poisoned pancakes.  Must have been such a pleasant place to work.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I remember he played the Charlie Brent who dated Hayley for a bit.  RIP

Charlie & Haley were pretty popular. This was before Mateo came around. I remember thinking he was too old for her but they had really good chemistry. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Charlie & Haley were pretty popular. This was before Mateo came around. I remember thinking he was too old for her but they had really good chemistry. 

He was too old But he was really good with all the Martin's, very believable with Tad and Joe and especially Mary Fickett's Ruth.

He had Mateo beat by a mile IMO

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought so too. RIP, Charlie.

• Love 2

The best part was the theme music and “new” opening credits. 

The Great and the Least,

The Rich and the Poor, The Weak and the Strong, In Sickness and in Health, In Joy and Sorrow, In Tragedy and Triumph, You are ALL MY CHILDREN

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2