Type keyword(s) to search

AMC Actors: Where Are They Now?

My heart dropped when I read the news. Rest in peace you magnificent actor. I loved, hated, loved to hate, and then loved Adam Chandler all over again, thanks to David’s immeasurable talent. He will be so missed! RIP & thank you Mr. Canary <3

• Love 7

I was stunned to read this in my newsfeed. David Canary was one of the finest actors to grace daytime television, helping to create two indelible characters on AMC, and rolling with the punches whenever the writers rebooted Adam and Stuart's history, relationships, even their personalities. He brought humor, elegance and passionate commitment to his work. I hope he enjoyed his retirement. He'd earned it.

• Love 13

RIP, David Canary. You always made Adam and Stewart fun to watch, even if the writing wasn't at it's best. And he had chemistry with just about anyone he worked with. Definitely one of the best actors in daytime ever.

• Love 6

So sad about DC. I always considered him the most talented one on the show because of how good he was playing Adam and Stuart, two totally different characters, so convincingly.

Not only that, but playing two different characters pretending to be each other distinctively. I loved watching Adam pretend to be Stuart and Stuart pretend to be Adam, you could always tell, though not enough to make it silly that the characters they were interacting with couldn't immediately tell. THAT is SERIOUS talent. This news hit me hard yesterday... RIP David Canary.

• Love 7

My late mother-in-law was a good but super proper woman who wouldn't be caught dead watching anything sexy or -- heaven forbid! -- anything even resembling a soap.  Imagine my surprise, then, when in her 80s, she visited us and asked whether we minded if she turned on "her show" to watch.  She tuned in to All My Children!

I never watched the show or any other current soaps, but I saw David Canary perform on both TV and on stage.  He was a fine actor, and I'm sorry he was taken from us.

• Love 1

RIP David Canary.

Gone to soon .....Adam was never boring...neither was Stuart. I quite often forgot they were played by the same actor.

I even remember him on Bonanza as Candy.

What a talent...and a genuinely nice human being. You will be sorely missed, sir. You were one of a kind.

• Love 5

I was deeply saddened to read this. David Canary was an immensely gifted actor who brightened my soap-viewing experience. I'll admit, I never got quite as into AMC as I did OLTL and GH, but Adam and Stuart were among my favorite characters.

• Love 1

I was stunned to read this in my newsfeed. David Canary was one of the finest actors to grace daytime television, helping to create two indelible characters on AMC, and rolling with the punches whenever the writers rebooted Adam and Stuart's history, relationships, even their personalities. He brought humor, elegance and passionate commitment to his work. I hope he enjoyed his retirement. He'd earned it.

Couldn't have said it better. I had such a respect and admiration for this actor.

• Love 1

Anyone remember Hayley's crazypants mom Arlene? The actress, Olivia Birkelund, is on tonight's episode of Law & Order: SVU. She doesn't look like she's aged a single day since she last appeared on AMC in 2002. Either great genes or a great plastic surgeon.

• Love 1

I'm setting the DVR to record Thursday as well.  Just the other day I found and bought a copy of the All My Children Family Scrapbook at the thrift store.  I started watching all the ABC soaps in grade school, way back in the late 70s, and this book brought back so many great memories! 

Reading through it makes the current state of soap affairs all the more sad, though.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eden Riegel (Bianca) appeared in the finale of One Day at a Time (the 2017 reboot) as an event manager. She looked great.

She sure did!

Relatedly, at first glance, I thought Lori - the receptionist at the main character's job - was played by Brooke Newton, who was Colby Chandler on the PP AMC.  But nope, different actress. 

13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

There was a reunion of AMC stars with Lucci on her co-hosting gig on Home & Family TV the other day.  We don't get the whole thing, but here are some clips and photos:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/all-my-children-reunion-124658/photos/cameron-mathison-amc-reunion-230424

Wow, that bring back some memories.

I barely recognized John Callahan. Eva LaRue looks great back with her dark hair. I'm surprised another show hasn't picked her up.

On 3/29/2017 at 10:20 AM, SmithW6079 said:

The original Tara and the original Phil were the best Tara and Phil.

They sure were!  I was glad to have the character back, but Nick Benedict never looked or acted like the sexy but cerebral Philip that Richard Hatch embodied.

I did enjoy Nancy Frangione (is that spelled right) as Tara.

As I have a serious gay mancrush on Chris Bruno, here's some stuff he's done recently.

He appeared in Asylum's Five Headed Shark Attack

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6719524/

but doesn't end up as full on shirtless until the very end.

He also appeared on a recent episode of To Tell The Truth 

and he recently produced, co-wrote, and starred in the movie A Remarkable Truth,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2172402/?ref_=rvi_tt

(which, from what he says in this interview, at around 53:25 https://theabsurdpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-29-guest-chris-bruno

was a bitch to shoot because he and his then girlfriend/co-star did not get along.  His brother, Dylan, is in it and they both have a great chemistry together.  It's too bad they're related because they actually made a cute couple.

He's mostly fighting in the MMA, so good for him.  Personally, I think he would be perfect for the role of Wildcat in one of those Arrowverse shows as he and that character have a lot in common.

He also provided the voice of Jack Slate in the first Dead to Rights game, which was released back in 2002.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Per Susan Lucci's Instagram account, it appears Mark LaMura (Mark Dalton) has passed away.  :-(  May he RIP. Susan posted a great pic of them together with the news, though.

Oh, no!  I loved his acting.  

I vividly remember the scene (this is before Erica knew Mark was her brother) where Erica is deciding to sleep with Mark or not. We knew they were related so the audience is screaming "Don't do it Erica" and...she didn't. But she almost did.   ;)

• Love 2

I was lucky enough to meet him, back in 1983, out here in SF, at a benefit dinner I was lucky enough to be included in.  I approached him hesitantly, not wanting to intrude he recognized that, got up from his table and we talked briefly, me nervous as hell.  I'll never forget that smile or his kindness.

• Love 4

Longtime AMC fans probably remember Michael B. Jordan playing Reggie Montgomery, Jackson's adopted son. Few fans likely remember that the role of Reggie was originated by Chadwick Boseman who is currently slaying movie box offices as Black Panther. MBJ is also in the movie, playing Black Panther's archnemesis, Killmonger. Apparently TPTB at AMC quickly recast Reggie in part because they wanted him to be younger. Boseman is about ten years older than Jordan.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Longtime AMC fans probably remember Michael B. Jordan playing Reggie Montgomery, Jackson's adopted son. Few fans likely remember that the role of Reggie was originated by Chadwick Boseman who is currently slaying movie box offices as Black Panther. MBJ is also in the movie, playing Black Panther's archnemesis, Killmonger. Apparently TPTB at AMC quickly recast Reggie in part because they wanted him to be younger. Boseman is about ten years older than Jordan.

I had no idea, thank you!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I loved Reggie. I always thought Michael B. Jordan was good for his age when he was on AMC. I really liked him in Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, and Fruitvale Station as well. Didn't Reggie have Amanda Seyfried as a love interest? I forgot what her character's name was.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Misslindsey said:

I loved Reggie. I always thought Michael B. Jordan was good for his age when he was on AMC. I really liked him in Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, and Fruitvale Station as well. Didn't Reggie have Amanda Seyfried as a love interest? I forgot what her character's name was.

He was also good in the wire and Creed. His chemistry with Tessa Thompson was so damn good.  Fruitvale station haunted me because of what was going on in the world. He was really good in it...The cinematography was spectacular..

It cannot be said enough, Wakanda forever!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

He was also good in the wire and Creed. His chemistry with Tessa Thompson was so damn good.  Fruitvale station haunted me because of what was going on in the world. He was really good in it...The cinematography was spectacular..

It cannot be said enough, Wakanda forever!

Oh geez. I cannot believe that I forgot about The Wire and Creed. He was very good in both of those as well. I was so glad he was getting more recognition after Fruitvale Station came out, because I thought he was such a good actor.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Oh geez. I cannot believe that I forgot about The Wire and Creed. He was very good in both of those as well. I was so glad he was getting more recognition after Fruitvale Station came out, because I thought he was such a good actor.

Fruitvale station really showed his acting skills and Octavia Spencer played his mother.  I am so happy to see soap opera actors succeeding in Hollywood.  Plus, his character Killmonger in Black Panther was a sympathetic villain.  There are people who want a prequel about Killmonger...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3