Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: I Drank the Mold!

• Start Topic

During his birthday sleepover Beverly has planned, Adam's friend Garry shares his dad's home brewed beer and gets everyone sick. Many of the parents believe Adam is a bad influence and forbid his friends from hanging out with him. Meanwhile, Murray tells Barry and Erica he will buy a new CD player only if they are able to write the greatest song ever. What they write is horrible but when Murray hears the song, he recognizes Erica's singing talent and her love of music.

Big Tasty cracks me up every time. Weird Al is so proud of his face being on Adam's shirt. He sent the photo out on Twitter and Facebook. I think Big Tasty and Weird Al need to create the greatest song in the history of the world. That would be amazing.

• Love 6

I loved the part where Barry and Erica tried to pass off "Your Song" as an original song, thinking their dad would not recognize it.  When Murray called them on it, knowing it was an old Elton John hit, they were shocked he knew the song.  When they asked him how he knew it, since he never listened to music, he says he knows it because he lives on earth!  Also, it's been a while since he dropped trou at the door.  I thought maybe they had done away with it, so I was happy to see it again.  I know.  I'm very easily amused.

• Love 6

I didn't get my first Discman in the early 90s, so I don't recall that much skipping. I couldn't really walk with it, but normal standing/sitting with small movements didn't skip them. I don't believe my first one (that I saved up money for months for) had ESP (electronic skip protection), but my later Discmans did. I also had one that played MP3 data CDs for the longest time until the mid 2000s.

• Love 1

I got my first Discman in the early '90s and it wasn't that bad, really. When I later got a new Discman with memory that supposedly would put an end to skipping, I found that it was actually more sensitive.

I missed that Weird Al was on Adam's shirt. Given how into making videos Adam is, it makes sense that he would love Weird Al's video parodies. I hope for a Weird Al storyline and maybe even appearance some day!

• Love 2

The whole family was on point in this episode.

And I love that Dave Kim's mother calls him Dave Kim.

I miss you all. 

Even you, Dave Kim!

BTW: Anything with Stephen Tobolowsky?  A winner.

• Love 1

I got my first Discman in the early '90s and it wasn't that bad, really. When I later got a new Discman with memory that supposedly would put an end to skipping, I found that it was actually more sensitive.

Maybe.  But it was also probably that your CDs were older by that point.  CDs were not really as reliable a medium as all that. 

It boggles my mind how crazy expensive new technology was before the nineties.  I remember my family not getting a VCR until the late eighties because they were too expensive to justify for the longest time.  A CD player was completely out of the question, though I did know people who had them.  Apple prices don't seem so outrageous by comparison.

I bet the real Murray would have appreciated that the investment he made in buying his young son an expensive video camera truly paid off.

• Love 4

My sister got the same cd player as Barry (or looked identical) had for Christmas when she was 13. It was "portable" but not a discman, you were supposed to carry it and put it some place and plug your headphones in you weren't supposed to walk around with it.