Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: [Camera Zooms Into Your Mouth And To Your Vocal Cords]

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

Still watching after all these years and after all the cast changes.  So sad to learn we are losing Paul Guilfoyle/Jim Brass at the end of this season.

• Love 2

Haven't been able to watch this show in awhile... after Gil and Sara split/divorced. It had nothing to do with the split/divorce though, to be honest. It was just the way they handled it. BAD hands down. It felt like a slap in the face to the fans, and I thought that Gil would at least be able to tell her either face to face or in a better way than what was done in the show. Poor taste. And frankly I'd had enough of it. Was a fan since the beginning, along with my mom, and now neither of us even give it the time of day.

The Grissom/Sara divorce was bad.   Why bother to have them married at all?   Or once they went there, they should have just stuck with the long distance relationship even after Peterson made it clear he would not do anymore guest appearances.

I almost dropped the show with the Super Ray years.   Then they saved it with the introduction of DB.   Then they ruined that character with his granddaughter being kidnapped.   That, plus SuperShue and WonderMorgan are just too much.   Now that Brass is leaving, I have to wonder if Nick and Greg are enough to keep me going.   And considering TPTB have always dumped on Greg Eads, I don't figure he will be long for the show either.

• Love 1

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I read that the April 30 episode "Kitty" will also be the imbedded pilot for the spinoff about a cyber crimes unit.  I can only assume this means CSILV will be goingthe way of Old Yeller in the off-season.

Is anyone watching?

At this point I am watching CSI because there is nothing else I want to watch at 10 pm on Wednesdays.  So if it goes, I probably won't miss it.   It's had a nice long run.  Time to end it with some class. (well I can hope can't I?)

• Love 1

With Paul Guilfoyle leaving, I'm done after this season.  It's been a struggle to stay with the show this long but Brass was always my favorite.  If there's not a hockey game on, I can always watch Duck Dynasty at 10pm on Wednesdays.  They have much better writers ;-)

This has become the show I nap to.  I never see it "live" so I watch On Demand over the weekend when I feel a food crash coming on or if I'm just plain tired.  I always seem to sleep for just about 30 minutes so I see the beginning and the end and generally don't feel a need to see the middle.  That said, I did watch the last episode all the way through, but I broke my normal cycle.  I watched in Thursday night, lol.  I don't know how this pattern emerged as I do like the show, oh well.  It works for me.

CSILV is now the 2nd longest running scripted show still on TV, behind Law & Order SVU.  Other shows it has gone past:

12 years:  NYPD Blue, My Three Sons, Murder She Wrote, Hawaii 5-0 (with Jack Lord)

11 years:  MASH, Cheers, Happy Days, The Jeffersons

10 years:  Murphy Brown, Friends, 90210

and longer than:  Seinfeld, Star Trek (any of them), L.A. Law, Mission Impossible, Magnum PI, I Love Lucy, Barnaby Jones, MTM, etc.

I wonder how it will hold up to time, 'cause Nina Zuik-heimer have ridden this horse harder than Barbaro.

They should have put it out of its misery long ago.   After the Ray years definitely when they threw everything about the show away because the writers were all "OMG Laurence Fishbourne."  They redeemed it a bit with the intro of DB, set him up as a supervisor, low key, not the focus of every episode.   Then they should have killed it when Marg Helgenberger left and they brought in Elisabeth Shue.   Where they made almost every single mistake as they did with the Ray character.  The only mistake they did not make was they actually made her an experienced CSI so her knowledge made sense.   But then they put her front and center and let her swallow the show.   If not then, they absolutely positively should have killed it when they decided to kidnap DB's granddaughter.  That was so out there as to destroy everything that had been established about his character.

Sure in the early seasons there was a lot of CSI in peril, T!I!P! (Sara and DV cases comes readily to mind), not to mention personal involvement in cases they should not have been.   Anyone remember Catherine butting into the investigation of the death of her ex-husband?   And outlandish stuff -- a recording in a clay pot, really????    But it wasn't every other episode.   It wasn't to the point you wondered why ANY of these people still had a job.  

Now it is clear the writers just want to write incredibly out there stories that put the CSI's in more and more danger each time.   Kill it, kill it with fire and destroy all trace evidence.

• Love 2

CSI moving to Sunday nights 10 p.m..  Some things to look forward to:

--shortened season

--missing weeks so they can introduce CSI: Cyber into the same time slot

--lots of delayed starts during football season.

They did the same thing to Miami, look where they are now. 

(edited)

Haven't even watched this show in awhile... Ted Danson aside, I just haven't wanted to watch. I wonder how many people will be watching next season... hopefully it'll do ok.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray

I hope that they don't replace Nick. They have a big enough team now. Sara has episodes where she is only on part of time. So ihope they don't replace Nick. Even have Crawford on more too. Or better yet pay Jim Brass to come back.