Type keyword(s) to search

Quote Thread: Say what you're gonna say, or prepare for eternal fucking silence!

Wilowy

Trixie:  Why not take your tale of woe to the Doc?

Alma:  I feel Dr. Cochran judges me.

Trixie:  Lucky, then, you come to me, that takes you to my bosom, smoothes your hair and tells you all will be well. 

I can tell you this much, Mrs. Garrett.  If you take the tea, lay plenty of dope in.  'Cause I've killed seven; and every bleeding out I laced on good and tight and for a long fuckin' while after.

Doc:  You, Al, are an object lesson in the healing powers of obstinacy and a hostile disposition.

Jarry:  And you, Mr. Wolcott; I find you the most severe disappointment of all.

Wolcott:  Often to myself as well.

walnutqueen I quoted that very first line in the Doc thread. Though I saw it as 'abject'.

I hate anything having to do with that fucking asshole Hugo Jarry. To this day I cringe whenever Tobolowsky is in anything I watch. He'll always be the Motorboating Yankton C********* to me! GROSS!

Al:  Pain or damage don't end the world; or despair or fucking beatings.  The world ends when you're dead.  Until then, you got more punishment in store.  Stand it like man - and give some back.

Trixie:  I come to apologize for my work with the decimals and my attitude over my  errors.  And since I do tend to be prickly when in the wrong, if you on your part was to realize  Moses did the heavy lifting already, the fuckin' tablets and so forth, that might lighten the atmosphere too.

Bullock:  Sure.

Saul:  Guidance for me, before you turn to your numbers?

Trixie:  Tread lightly, who lives in hope of pussy.

• Love 2

Merrick:  And thus, the uncharted journey continues.

Al:  Merrick, please; as we'll be more often in each other's company, when given to utterance of that type - consider drinking.

Wolcott:  I am a sinner, who does not expect forgiveness.  But I am not a government official.

• Love 3

Seth Bullock (to Martha, after Will's funeral) : What ever will let us live ...  {as we are now}

To this day, my brain insists on hearing this as : Whatever will let us live?  ...  {as we are now}

I think both may apply.

• Love 1

Al: I need your truthful reply.  Lie, I will know it, and death will be no respite.

E.B.:  I told Hearst nothing of Bullock and the widow.

Al:  I will profane your fucking remains, E.B.

E.B.  Not my remains, Al.

Al:  Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig.

Jane:  Mrs. Bullock asks me to author with her to give the children an account of my scouting for Custer.

Joanie:  I think I'd like to hear that story myself.

Jane:  Custer was a c***.  The End.

• Love 2

Ah, Jane, I've been waiting for that line of dialogue.

Wow, surely lost a lot of respect for Bullock tonight; the beatdown of EB was just inexcusable. The man is dreadful, but hasn't the physical presence to defend himself against Bullock. Really gratuitous.

Ah, Jane, I've been waiting for that line of dialogue.

One of my favorite lines, ever.  About half a century ago (or so), I read a book called "Custer's Fall" by David Humphries Miller, which was the Indians' story of the "massacre".  Custer was indeed a c***.

This is every swear in the first season. HOW did this person find the time? I'd say about 40% are awesome moments. The rest are just filler 'fucks'. 

Still funny. xD

Jane: "Question I wake to in the morning and pass out with at night: What's my popularity with my fellow white people?" to General Fields.

Trixie to Alma, when the latter fires her: "Alack for me." How I hoped I could work here, forever."

Great word, "alack."

• Love 1

I love it when Dan tries to explain stuff to Johnny.

Johnny:  I'm askin', what was decided?

Dan: They're publishin' the letter as witness.

Johnny:  Witness?

Dan:  Witness in the sense that, uh ...

Adams:  Witness the letter.  It's content.

Dan:  Yeah, the letter's contents is witness ... that Bullock wrote a nice fuckin' letter.  And it proves that that's the sort we are here; the carin' sort that would write a letter of that ilk.  Furthermore, we don't give a fuck who knows it.  George fuckin' Hearst included.

Adams:  Fucking Hearst especially.

Johnny:  Is the witness.

Dan:  Better late than fuckin' never, Johnny.

• Love 1

More of Al Swearingen's wit and wisdom:

"I wouldn't trust a man who wouldn't try to steal a little"

Al: We're forming a fucking government!

Merrick: Who is?

Al: Us! You and me! Come to me in a vision! Ya stupid bastard

{in re Trixie after her assassination attempt on Hearst} Loopy fucking c***.

I love that last one because it's said with such a perfect combination of irritation and affection. And... I've actually used it, though only in very select company.

• Love 3

This is an incredibly interesting read along those lines. Incidentally, both AuntiePam and DonLogan were on the old HBO boards with us during Deadwood's run, and as you'll see, he has further cred. He worked tirelessly to save the show. 

It seems that Milch's story changes with his mood.

• Love 1

Late to the party, but have loved Deadwood for many years. :-) 

Favorite quotes (the first scene here with Jane and Doc is one of my all time favorites):

Doc: "Well, you are an entangled inebriate, are you not?"

Jane: "This happens to be a rig and contraption of my own devising, against repeated accidental falls, that has temporarily malfunctioned."

Doc (Trying to untie rope): "Very well knotted."

--

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere? I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know. I just met you."

-

Sol Star: "Even in an Eden such as this, wrongs can occur."

• Love 2

E.B. : Cavalry in camp, Doc. May I number you in the reception committee?
Doc : Fuck the cavalry and the committee that receives 'em

Not only is Doc's delivery awesome, but when he says it the camera is focused at Al standing at the bar of the Gem. He is just about to take a shot and has the hugest smile on his face when Doc says it.

• Love 1
(edited)

To my eternal delight, there is a YT clip of this moment in Season 1, between Bullock & Dan, where Bullock not-so-subtly hints about the fate of Alma's father.  And Dan responds:

"Just so's I understand ya...if he don't die.."

Practically my favorite exchange in the whole series, what did not include Keith Carrardine.

Edited by voiceover
Found da link
  • Love 2