Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Renee's hair get fried from a perm? Like, that doesn't look like the typical result of over worked/styled hair. And although you can't see it in the above still, she seems to have burnt or broken roots too. And her bangs must have been hair sprayed by JB, as they move as a stiff unit in the wind.

Oh goodness - stiff unit - oh well

She looks like she has very thin hair. It is very hard to wear long hair when you have that, it looks scraggly as it gets longer. I have hair like that though I have a ton of natural curl. After my son was born, I lost that curl and had to resort to perms, but I kept my hair shorter. Thank God my curl came back.

She probably does try to perm it to give it more volume, probably with an in home kit. Add in a poor diet,  tons of hairspray and cheap shampoo and your hair shows it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
  • Sad 12
50 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Just thought of this - have we ever seen JillPM riding that electric bike her blessings bought her for Mother's Day, I think? 🤔

Once with Janessa in a bike trailer from what I recall.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I am thinking they are having problems with Samuel and Phillip. The last 2 posts of Samuel has him impatiently tapping his foot in one and playing with a hair brush in the other. He refused to smile and perform when mama turned the camera on him for extended amount of time in both.

Phillip starts back to classes next week. So he will hopefully go to school, eat the cheap lunch there, go to work and hide out in the upstairs attic to sleep on a regular schedule.

Samuel will do what?? Build shelving for mama, run the staple machine in the print shop 4 times a year, travel with the rod circus, get a job and leave Gabe with all that manly work of setting up on the grift tour?? Sammers registered to vote earlier this year so maybe was allowed to get a driver's license, yet no beg on mama's sm for a car for him for whatever reason he might need one.

Has Samuel ever "just hopped on" mama's fb to post a glowing review?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 15
  • Useful 1

Has Samuel officially graduated from the Rodrigues Home School Academy of Perpetual Boredom? He looks ready. Jill has to fill out some paperwork for that to happen, and she hasn't been around very much. He would then get a special day with his parents and a friend (!). However, if he's sulking for the camera, he's not getting anything.

Sam should join Phillip at the Bible College. There's probably a family discount, and they can come and go in the same car. The school also tries to find the students part-time jobs, a bonus for Jill and Hunk. 

• Like 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Has Samuel officially graduated from the Rodrigues Home School Academy of Perpetual Boredom?

Sam should join Phillip at the Bible College.

There has been radio silence on Samuel finishing the rod home school academy. No pics of him on graduate celebration sunday at their church like Phillip had or anything.

Samuel was at the potential new student event at Phillip's bible college in the spring and heard the sales pitch of "even if you are unsure of your future plans you can't go wrong achieving our 1yr bible certificate"

For Gabe there was sales pitch for the virtual bible certificate program for HS students.

But that would have meant both Gabe and Samuel needed to be working this summer to pay their way debt free and we haven't seen evidence of that since they are always in mama's videos. Print shop, barndo, rv breakdown, grifting locations, ONCE a year vacay, etc

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling that Samuel quit school. I think he's going to be living at home for a while, taking over DBD's carpentry and mad electrician skills. I think he may also be groomed to take over the printing. 

Gabriel seems to want to preach, so he will probably end up at Massillon next year.

• Sad 10
  • Useful 1

I do not recall what the cost was last year but bible college is offering a discount this year.

Massillon Baptist College makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum.

Fees *DISCOUNTED FOR 2023-2024!

Tuition per semester (12 credits or more)
 $400.00*

Less than 12 hours, per credit hour
 $61.00

Room and board, per semester
 $1,000*

Application fee (non-refundable)
 $35.00

Dormitory Reservation
 $25.00

Conditional Fees

Class Dues, per semester
 $10.00

Pictures
 $35.00

Yearbook
 $25.00

Small Refrigerator Fee (optional) you provide, per semester
 $22.50

Add/Drop Class Fee
 $5.00

Graduation Fee, per semester of Senior Year $50.00

Certificate Fee, per semester
 $10.00

Transcript Fee
 $5.00

Air Conditioner Fee (optional) you provide, per month $25.00

A detail of all fees is included on the Catalog CD. Textbook costs may total between $280 and $300 per semester depending on individual course of study.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 10
  • LOL 1

I suspect Jill gets creative with the portfolios she has to submit to the state because the older Rodlets graduated without learning much about anything, and we know faking is well within Jill's skill set. 

Being unwilling or unable to complete this poor excuse for a school is not a good sign for anyone's future. Sam had better find a literate wife, especially if he takes over the print shop. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 6

Maybe Sam wants to move. Is he to young for the still somewhat church-y Plath daughter? Maybe he's interested in her or someone like her - another state and less Fundy - and JillR is forbidding it.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I have a feeling that Samuel quit school. I think he's going to be living at home for a while, taking over DBD's carpentry and mad electrician skills. I think he may also be groomed to take over the printing. 

Gabriel seems to want to preach, so he will probably end up at Massillon next year.

That’s unfortunate and sad. But if you’ve ever heard Samuel speak, he’s even more inarticulate and dim than most of the other kids, and that’s saying something 🥲

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I suspect Jill gets creative with the portfolios she has to submit to the state because the older Rodlets graduated without learning much about anything, and we know faking is well within Jill's skill set. 

Being unwilling or unable to complete this poor excuse for a school is not a good sign for anyone's future. Sam had better find a literate wife, especially if he takes over the print shop. 

Right? How hard would it be for Jill to fudge any paperwork needed? Not much is required. 

33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Sam wants to move. Is he to young for the still somewhat church-y Plath daughter? Maybe he's interested in her or someone like her - another state and less Fundy - and JillR is forbidding it.

I doubt the Plaths want anything to do with this family. 

• Like 12

Weren't the Rods caught cheating on some year-end tests a few years ago?  Or was it on the portfolios?  I think I remember the incident, but I don't remember any repercussions.  Based on what we have seen posted, I'm guessing Jill just fills in what ever paperwork is necessary.  These children don't receive any any true "education".

• Like 6
  • Sad 8

yes - back in West Virginia maybe. The end of year test or something Jill said they discovered 3-4 kids had cheated. Never named. Olivia has been shown stating she isn't good at studying, hard to focus on it or something. I can't remember her wording. Needs to be prayerful, needs correction or something. That was a year or so ago. (girl always shown squinting needs an eye exam Jill!!!)

As for Samuel - at age 16 he was shown during home school doing 3rd grade level long division. No algebra math for him.

Why on earth Tim didn't sell his lucrative lawn business to Sammers on a rent to own basis is beyond me. Well, Tim not keeping his business he claimed made $5,000 per month, then working some other job and then going back to gutter cleaning is also beyond me.

Not beyond me is there is no way on this earth timbits was making $5k a month mowing lawns.😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

yes - back in West Virginia maybe. The end of year test or something Jill said they discovered 3-4 kids had cheated. Never named. Olivia has been shown stating she isn't good at studying, hard to focus on it or something. I can't remember her wording. Needs to be prayerful, needs correction or something. That was a year or so ago. (girl always shown squinting needs an eye exam Jill!!!)

As for Samuel - at age 16 he was shown during home school doing 3rd grade level long division. No algebra math for him.

Why on earth Tim didn't sell his lucrative lawn business to Sammers on a rent to own basis is beyond me. Well, Tim not keeping his business he claimed made $5,000 per month, then working some other job and then going back to gutter cleaning is also beyond me.

Not beyond me is there is no way on this earth timbits was making $5k a month mowing lawns.😂

Staying up to all hours, and always on "vacation" or church, it is no surprise. 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I hope Heidi's parents are making sure Tim has some means to support a family before they yoke their daughter to him. He's failed at college, at making flying a career, and at making rational business decisions. He did, somehow, manage to buy a house.

David went into marriage with a skill and a job, which, of course, he inexplicably quit after Jill started pumping out kids. God must wonder why he bothered these people functioning brains since they seem so determined not to use them. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 5

Are Tim and Heidi still an item, or is it over for Tim, too?  How do broken "getting to know you" arrangements reflect on the matchmakers mothers?  I would guess Jill's reputation has spread in their community.  Is there any hope for these kids?

I really feel sorry for Renee.  It sounds like MM actually has some sense. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

I didn’t make it all the way through this video. Plexus cured Jill’s anemia, and then she went on to name her grandfather who suffered from bad gut health, with running to the bathroom and constipation. She wished Plexus was around then. Click

screenshot from the video:

AE180524-AD89-4274-8E62-B1AB0078F332.jpeg

• Mind Blown 7
  • LOL 7
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t make it all the way through this video. Plexus cured Jill’s anemia, and then she went on to name her grandfather who suffered from bad gut health, with running to the bathroom and constipation. She wished Plexus was around then. Click

So it cures anemia? I wonder if the plexus people know that? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
36 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are Tim and Heidi still an item, or is it over for Tim, too?  How do broken "getting to know you" arrangements reflect on the matchmakers mothers?  I would guess Jill's reputation has spread in their community.  Is there any hope for these kids?

I really feel sorry for Renee.  It sounds like MM actually has some sense. 

Tim & Heidi still say they're in relationships with one another on FB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 6
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Rats, can't find a way to report it. 

• Like 8
27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sammers is even dimmer than Tim. I feel sorry for whoever becomes his meek broodmare wife. 

He's tall and good-looking. Some foolish young girl will end up with a life of poverty and boredom with him. 

• Sad 16
11 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Just thought of this - have we ever seen JillPM riding that electric bike her blessings bought her for Mother's Day, I think? 🤔

We will be seeing her ride it now that you have posted about it! Her post will be something like:

I had the BEST afternoon bike riding with my GODLY GIRLS who are my BESTIES! We rode and PRAISED GOD for this BEAUTIFUL world he created for US! 🥰💗🚴‍♀️🥰

• LOL 19
26 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Who printed this shirt?  The spacing is way off.  Is this a recent picture, or is Jill posting history again?

It was posted for Timmy's birthday in March. I believe I spied one of those hideous portrait blankets at that time as well. Had Tim and Heidi's engagement pic on it. No idea where jill is buying this crap. but every couple seemed to get the portrait blanket or pillow for christmas or shortly there after

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

It was posted for Timmy's birthday in March. I believe I spied one of those hideous portrait blankets at that time as well. Had Tim and Heidi's engagement pic on it. No idea where jill is buying this crap. but every couple seemed to get the portrait blanket or pillow for christmas or shortly there after

Shutterfly? I have no idea.

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

So it cures anemia? I wonder if the plexus people know that? 

Gee whiz, here I've been getting IV iron infusions for anemia for three years and counting, and all I needed to do was drink some Plexus! Damn those hematologists! 

So anyway, is Heidi going to take over bleaching Timmy's hair after her marriage and righteous deflowering, or will Jill come over and do it for her baby boy? 

• Like 11
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Gee whiz, here I've been getting IV iron infusions for anemia for three years and counting, and all I needed to do was drink some Plexus! Damn those hematologists! 

So anyway, is Heidi going to take over bleaching Timmy's hair after her marriage and righteous deflowering, or will Jill come over and do it for her baby boy? 

See, all you need to do is reach out to Jill! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Her grandfather passed away in 2014. Plexus wasn't around then or jill just wasn't shilling it yet? Also the man was 94 years old so maybe gut health wasn't his only problem. The man was a WWII military veteran "who had the honor to open the gates at one of the concentration camps" according to jill🙄

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Her grandfather passed away in 2014. Plexus wasn't around then or jill just wasn't shilling it yet? Also the man was 94 years old so maybe gut health wasn't his only problem. The man was a WWII military veteran "who had the honor to open the gates at one of the concentration camps" according to jill🙄

Who the heck knows with Jill. She also mentioned her 19 pregnancies in the “ad”. It was all over the place.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would think a professional printer would get the spacing better than that shirt.  Can Dave print on cloth?

From Jill, we know that Dave is an expert at everything he does. If he didn't print that shirt, he probably designed it. He's a master printer, after all. And look behind Tim in the photo to see an example of Dave's work as a master electrician. Jill is so lucky to have such a talented guy who labors at so many jobs, 24/7, to support his family. 

Oh, wait. If this were true, Jill wouldn't have to keep sticking her face in front of a camera and spouting outrageous claims to hawk an overpriced vitamin and caffeine powder.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 12

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill's eyes look like dull, crusty black pots with shiny copper lids. Is this a look anyone really wants? 

I don't recognize her top. Has she been shopping again? 

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

Rene would look nice with a short hair style. To her shoulders max. She does have thin, fine hair. 

Her hair is fried and the hair style is not flattering for her.

Also she looks over being a servant for precious Mahmo. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 11
18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Janessa was sticking her hand in Nemo’s eye. And the adults were laughing manically as usual. No one said no Janessa do not poke the baby in the eyes.

35B24EBF-B5C8-4674-8E4F-EFE363E86846.jpeg

A6EE3507-03C0-4317-A93D-6061ED8DAF68.jpeg

That is because they are morons. The adults, not the kids. Kids need guidance, they need to know what they can and can't do. This should have been stopped right away. It isn't funny. Kids get a laugh out of stuff like this from the adults and  will repeat the behavior.  

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 14
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is because they are morons. The adults, not the kids. Kids need guidance, they need to know what they can and can't do. This should have been stopped right away. It isn't funny. Kids get a laugh out of stuff like this from the adults and  will repeat the behavior.  

Janessa is a mean bully. Her behavior is unacceptable. Guess she is just like her momsy Jill. 

Jill is not correcting Janessas behavior and Janessa is going to act out even worse. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Janessa is a mean bully. Her behavior is unacceptable. Guess she is just like her momsy Jill. 

Jill is not correcting Janessas behavior and Janessa is going to act out even worse. 

I still wouldn't call her a bully, but she is turning into one. And it isn't her fault, it is the fault of the morons who are raising her. 

• Like 16
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Janessa was sticking her hand in Nemo’s eye.

Jill told Janessa to kiss him on the cheek. Why? I don’t think Janessa was trying to hurt him, she was trying to turn his head to follow Jill’s instructions, because she was sitting behind him on the “horsie”. The laughing at it by freaking adults was ridiculous. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 2