Type keyword(s) to search

Sort the Housewives into Houses from Harry Potter's world

• Start Topic

(edited)

So, a post where thesupremediva1 compared Brandi to a dementor from Harry Potter got me thinking about houses for each of the women and what this says about I see their personalities. Obviously I recognize that people can share traits from all four houses (or have none at all I suppose) but this is just for fun and an easy way of breaking it down, and I'm curious to see if there will be a general consensus or if the results will be varied with some people say seeing LisaV as a Slytherin while others see her as a Gryffindor or maybe even a Ravenclaw since a lot of people see her as one of the smarter cast members. 

Current Cast (I'll give my explanations for my choices below.)

Lisa Vanderpump = Slytherin (Lol, why do I immediately feel the need to quickly explain that I still love LisaV? ;-) )

Kyle Richards = Gryffindor

Yolanda Foster = Ravenclaw

Brandi Glanville = Slytherin

Lisa Rinna = Gryffindor

Eileen Davidson = Ravenclaw

Kim Richards = Slytherin

I basically think that LisaV is a Slytherin done right. I think she's cunning, ambitious, resourceful, etc. Even when she does some questionable things she seems to have been able to hold on to most of the goodwill she's earned since she's been on the show. She's willing to use people for her own benefit at times but she's also a helpful friend to have at the end of day and seems like she's an overall nice person. I think the main reason I wouldn't place her in Ravenclaw is because she doesn't seem that interested in knowledge for the sake of it. 

Kyle definitely comes across as a bold Gryffindor. She's popular in some ways but she also often finds herself in a position where she isn't necessarily on the side of the majority of the audience and I think she's shown a sort of courageousness in the way that she sticks by her friends even if they are going through tough times or aren't particularly popular with the viewers. I'm thinking about times where Kyle has stuck up for Kim, Taylor, Adrienne, Faye, LisaR, etc. 

I don't see Yolanda as an intellectual or anything exactly but she does seem like a thoughtful and sensitive person and even when I disagree with her I typically see her as somebody who expresses themselves well and seems to try to see things from more than one perspective. She definitely landed on her feet in the game of life and I think that she has to have something going on intellectually in order to interest an arrogant and conceited man like David Foster. Even the Ravenclaw colors seem to suit Yolanda best.

Brandi is an example of the worst sort of Slytherin. She's has low cunning, she's definitely not as sharp as Lisa, she's ambitious without being hardworking, she's deeply selfish, and she has wild insecurity and jealousy issues. 

LisaR comes across as a Gryffindor because of her peppy, energetic, almost cheerleader-ish personality in addition to I think demonstrating certain courageous qualities. She's brave enough to face her problems and mistakes that she's made, she'll tells people what she really thinks of them, she'll boldly face off with a person who is trying to hurt her husband, etc.

Like Yolanda, Eileen seems intelligent, sensitive, and thoughtful. I loved that she and Kyle wanted to go to a museum instead of just shopping as though they don't already go shopping frequently. Eileen sees things from other people's POVs, she has a relaxed and serene quality about her, and so far her blogs are pretty well written. I also like that her house had loads of books and that they weren't just leather bound sets and hardbacks that people buy to make themselves look like readers. It was all hodgepodge and I love that.   

Kim is the toughest of the current ladies to sort but I have to go with Slytherin mainly because of the success that Kim has had with lying to people over the years. I definitely don't think of her as brave and courageous. I've never had a sense of her being particularly bright or having a love of learning anything new. She's far from just and I wouldn't describe her as being loyal like Hufflepuff. 

I'll throw in the past housewives too:

Joyce Giraud = Gryffindor

Taylor Armstrong = Slytherin

Camille Grammar = Ravenclaw

Adrienne Maloof = Hufflepuff

Marisa Zanuck = Hufflepuff

Dana Wilkey = Slytherin

Faye Resnick = Slytherin

Joyce did an admirable job of trying to stand up to Brandi all the while trying to fend off Yolanda and Carlton (and even Andy!) at times. She stood up for her husband, her race, her bilingual abilities (crazy that she was criticized so much by Brandi for this!), her name (again, sad that she had to defend something like her name), etc.

Taylor is ambitious no question and I'd say that somebody with that Grifter-ish sort of history has to be fairly cunning. She slimed her way through seasons one and two and by season 3 managed to not only get sympathy from many viewers but there are still people to this day who would like to see her back and think that the show was better with her.

Camille actually does strike me as a person who probably enjoys reading and history and probably wishes that she had a better education on some level (not that I think she'd ever admit that since she has a pretty high opinion of herself even if she knows better now than to be so obvious about expressing how Jesus like she is.) One thing that always struck me about Camille even during season 1 is that she is a very good listener and at least since season 2 she has a tendency to think before she speaks. I think this is typically true of LisaV as well.  

I put Adrienne and Marisa into Hufflepuff mainly because they seemed ill suited for the other three. They're kind of like Kim though where I don't really feel like they can be sorted.

Dana is phony and ambitious. She isn't particularly cunning but she tries to be so I guess she gets points for that. 

Faye is a total snake. That is all.

ETA: House Descriptions for those unfamiliar with the books or movies. (Thanks, WireWrap for the suggestion! Stole this from a wiki page.)

Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. Its emblematic animal is the lion and its colours are scarlet and gold. Gryffindor corresponds to the element of Fire.

Hufflepuff values hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its members. Its emblematic animal is the badger, and Yellow and Black are its colours.

Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit. Its emblematic animal is the eagle, and its colours are blue and bronze.

Slytherin values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness. Its emblematic animal is the serpent, and its colours are emerald green and silver.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'll play!

Lisa Vanderpump = Ravenclaw (for a housewife, she's generally smart and logical)

Kyle Richards = Slytherin (jealous, power mad, sneaky, self absorbed, wants to be in charge)

Yolanda Foster = Hufflepuff (I honestly think she's generally a positive, friendly person, hopeful, in spite of Lyme issues) 2nd, Griffindor, brave little shit left home to work as a teen, helped support her family.

Brandi Glanville = Hufflepuff before her divorce, a pleaser.  Now?  Maybe by the skin of her teeth Griffindor, foolishly, rashly brave.

Lisa Rinna = Slytherin, anything for a buck.

Eileen Davidson = Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, too soon to call.  I don't think we've seen the real Eileen yet.

Kim Richards = Slytherin, but probably born a Hufflepuff.  Her childhood threw her into Slytherin.  He ex husbands still adore her, good sign.

Joyce Giraud = Gryffindor (for lack of a better choice, if pageant girl could be Gryffindor.)

Camille Grammar = Ravenclaw  (give her this for her excellent redemption tour in season 2.  Applause! Take note Jill Zarin, that's how it's done!)

Adrienne Maloof = Slytherin, money, pride, money, money, horrid taste, boasting, lies.

Marisa Zanuck = Hufflepuff  (who knows, chick was barely on, but seemed so out of place, so yeah, an H.)

Dana Wilkey = Slytherin  (no question there!)

Faye Resnick = Slytherin (again, no question there!) 

Edited by Umbelina

Great thread idea but I have to disagree on Dana. Girl is most definitely a squib. She's got no business being on RH and Hogwarts certainly wouldn't accept her ;)

• Love 3
(edited)

Umbelina, I agree with your take about Kim probably having Hufflepuff tendencies prior to being an adult. I get the feeling that she was a pleaser as a child and of course she was a hard worker. 

Actually, I think I might agree with you too about Adrienne. She was ambitious she just wasn't willing to work hard. Almost all of the other women were better playing the Housewife game than Adrienne.

Lol, Rho, so basically Dana didn't get her letter but got to take an extended tour of the school? I guess it's more than Petunia got. ;-) 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 1

Great thread idea but I have to disagree on Dana. Girl is most definitely a squib. She's got no business being on RH and Hogwarts certainly wouldn't accept her ;)

Same here. Dana would Gryffindor for me. If Kyle defended Taylor throughout this show, one thing I will say about Pam she did for Taylor in season 2. "If my girl said it happened (the abuse), it happened." Pam had Taylor's back 100%. Sorry Dana just always made me smile. To me she definitely was a girls girl.

So, a post where thesupremediva1 compared Brandi to a dementor from Harry Potter got me thinking about houses for each of the women and what this says about I see their personalities. Obviously I recognize that people can share traits from all four houses (or have none at all I suppose) but this is just for fun and an easy way of breaking it down, and I'm curious to see if there will be a general consensus or if the results will be varied with some people say seeing LisaV as a Slytherin while others see her as a Gryffindor or maybe even a Ravenclaw since a lot of people see her as one of the smarter cast members.

Current Cast (I'll give my explanations for my choices below.)

Lisa Vanderpump = Slytherin (Lol, why do I immediately feel the need to quickly explain that I still love LisaV? ;-) )

Kyle Richards = Gryffindor

Yolanda Foster = Ravenclaw

Brandi Glanville = Slytherin

Lisa Rinna = Gryffindor

Eileen Davidson = Ravenclaw

Kim Richards = Slytherin

I basically think that LisaV is a Slytherin done right. I think she's cunning, ambitious, resourceful, etc. Even when she does some questionable things she seems to have been able to hold on to most of the goodwill she's earned since she's been on the show. She's willing to use people for her own benefit at times but she's also a helpful friend to have at the end of day and seems like she's an overall nice person. I think the main reason I wouldn't place her in Ravenclaw is because she doesn't seem that interested in knowledge for the sake of it.

Kyle definitely comes across as a bold Gryffindor. She's popular in some ways but she also often finds herself in a position where she isn't necessarily on the side of the majority of the audience and I think she's shown a sort of courageousness in the way that she sticks by her friends even if they are going through tough times or aren't particularly popular with the viewers. I'm thinking about times where Kyle has stuck up for Kim, Taylor, Adrienne, Faye, LisaR, etc.

I don't see Yolanda as an intellectual or anything exactly but she does seem like a thoughtful and sensitive person and even when I disagree with her I typically see her as somebody who expresses themselves well and seems to try to see things from more than one perspective. She definitely landed on her feet in the game of life and I think that she has to have something going on intellectually in order to interest an arrogant and conceited man like David Foster. Even the Ravenclaw colors seem to suit Yolanda best.

Brandi is an example of the worst sort of Slytherin. She's has low cunning, she's definitely not as sharp as Lisa, she's ambitious without being hardworking, she's deeply selfish, and she has wild insecurity and jealousy issues.

LisaR comes across as a Gryffindor because of her peppy, energetic, almost cheerleader-ish personality in addition to I think demonstrating certain courageous qualities. She's brave enough to face her problems and mistakes that she's made, she'll tells people what she really thinks of them, she'll boldly face off with a person who is trying to hurt her husband, etc.

Like Yolanda, Eileen seems intelligent, sensitive, and thoughtful. I loved that she and Kyle wanted to go to a museum instead of just shopping as though they don't already go shopping frequently. Eileen sees things from other people's POVs, she has a relaxed and serene quality about her, and so far her blogs are pretty well written. I also like that her house had loads of books and that they weren't just leather bound sets and hardbacks that people buy to make themselves look like readers. It was all hodgepodge and I love that.

Kim is the toughest of the current ladies to sort but I have to go with Slytherin mainly because of the success that Kim has had with lying to people over the years. I definitely don't think of her as brave and courageous. I've never had a sense of her being particularly bright or having a love of learning anything new. She's far from just and I wouldn't describe her as being loyal like Hufflepuff.

I'll throw in the past housewives too:

Joyce Giraud = Gryffindor

Camille Grammar = Ravenclaw

Adrienne Maloof = Hufflepuff

Marisa Zanuck = Hufflepuff

Dana Wilkey = Slytherin

Faye Resnick = Slytherin

Joyce did an admirable job of trying to stand up to Brandi all the while trying to fend off Yolanda and Carlton (and even Andy!) at times. She stood up for her husband, her race, her bilingual abilities (crazy that she was criticized so much by Brandi for this!), her name (again, sad that she had to defend something like her name), etc.

Taylor is ambitious no question and I'd say that somebody with that Grifter-ish sort of history has to be fairly cunning. She slimed her way through seasons one and two and by season 3 managed to not only get sympathy from many viewers but there are still people to this day who would like to see her back and think that the show was better with her.

Camille actually does strike me as a person who probably enjoys reading and history and probably wishes that she had a better education on some level (not that I think she'd ever admit that since she has a pretty high opinion of herself even if she knows better now than to be so obvious about expressing how Jesus like she is.) One thing that always struck me about Camille even during season 1 is that she is a very good listener and at least since season 2 she has a tendency to think before she speaks. I think this is typically true of LisaV as well.

I put Adrienne and Marisa into Hufflepuff mainly because they seemed ill suited for the other three. They're kind of like Kim though where I don't really feel like they can be sorted.

Dana is phony and ambitious. She isn't particularly cunning but she tries to be so I guess she gets points for that.

Faye is a total snake. That is all.

I watched the first Harry Potter movie for the first time this weekend lol. Don't laugh at me, I found it fascinating. I can't contribute but I like the thread.

FYI, I watched it with my son he loved it. I'll be seeing the others soon.

Easier than reading all the books lol.

Gryffindor

Gryffindor values courage, bravery, nerve, and chivalry. Its mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet and gold. The Head of this house is the Transfiguration teacher and Deputy Headmistress, Minerva McGonagall, and the house ghost is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, more commonly known as Nearly Headless Nick. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire. The founder of the house is Godric Gryffindor.

Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff values hard work, patience, justice, and loyalty. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and black are its colours. The Head of this house is the Herbology teacher Pomona Sprout, and the house ghost is The Fat Friar. According to Rowling, Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth. The founder of this house is Helga Hufflepuff.

Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit.[HP5][HP7] The house mascot is an eagle and the house colours are blue and bronze (blue and grey in the films). The head of this house is the Charms professor, Filius Flitwick, and the house ghost is The Grey Lady. According to Rowling, Ravenclaw corresponds roughly to the element of air. The founder of this house is Rowena Ravenclaw.

Slytherin

Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, leadership, and resourcefulness; the Sorting Hat said in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone that Slytherins will do anything to get their way. The house mascot of Slytherin is the serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. Salazar Slytherin founded the house. The Head of House is Severus Snape until near the end of the sixth book. Then, Horace Slughorn, the previous Head of House, comes out of retirement re-assuming authority. The ghost of Slytherin house is The Bloody Baron.[26] According to Rowling, Slytherin corresponds roughly to the element of water.

SQUIB

Someone born who should have witch or wizard skills, but has none.  Basically a human who knows about witches/wizards since he/she was raised in that culture, but possesses no magic.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

Love that my analogy inspired this thread! I'll definitely play.

Kyle - Gryffindor through and through, constantly defending honor, battling lunatics, and ultimately putting herself in harm's way (bravely or foolishly, depending on your take)

Kim - Slytherin now, due to the nasty streak and manipulation, but I think she started out a Gryffindor and eventually crossed to the dark side due to substance abuse or bad childhood experiences

Vacant Parasite - Dementor. No house for you. Joy sucker. Bringer of doom. Cold as ice.

Yolanda - Gryffindor, as she believes all her actions to be brave, noble, and worthy, even if she can be a tad annoying at times

Eileen - Ravenclaw, elegant, intelligent, refined. Cream of the crop in terms of brains and class.

LisaV - Ravenclaw, Bobby Fischer chess master who's always thinking three steps ahead of everyone and uses her superior intellect to avoid messy and unnecessary conflict

LisaR - Hufflepuff, with a sweet nature, good intentions, and a healthy sense of humor, all of which ultimately pave the way to hell because she has no survival instinct or ability to see the big picture. She's the type who'd try to pet Nagini and get eaten.

• Love 1

Thanks Umbelina and Avaleigh, the descriptions/definitions help a lot!

My take on the HWs........

LisaV, Ravenclaw............She is smart, witty and thinks before she says something most of the time.

Eileen, Ravenclaw...........She is much like Lisa V.

Yolanda, Hufflepuff..........She is loyal to her detriment, has more patience than most and demands people make apologies to each other.

Kyle, Griffinder..................She is a bit old fashioned and will defend someone even when it is not the best idea/move.

LisaR, Gryffindor................She is much like Kyle IMO.

Brandi, Slytherin..................She will do/say anything to be relevant, will do/say anything to win, even lie....VERY Cunning

Kim, Squib...........................She was/is too lazy/high/self absorbed to learn/develop the skills needed because she is in 100% pain ALL the time! lol

• Love 1

You should really mention Harry Potter in the title otherwise you are wasting some readers time who open this thread and have to skim it and it seems fair.

Into houses:

Brandi - Poor house

Kim-Nut house

Yolanda- Sick house

Lisa- Castle house

Lisa R- guest house

Eileen- set house

Kyle-plane or yacht since she humble brags about them so much

You know less vague title for clarity esp those who don't know or like Harry Patter.

• Love 2

Avaleigh..... You sure managed to change the mood around here. Who would have guessed that almost everyone has been unhappy with the storyline this season?

I'd play but Harry Potter never interested me so I didn't read the books or watch the movies.

Enjoy!!

You should really mention Harry Potter in the title otherwise you are wasting some readers time who open this thread and have to skim it and it seems fair.

Into houses:

Brandi - Poor house

Kim-Nut house

Yolanda- Sick house

Lisa- Castle house

Lisa R- guest house

Eileen- set house

Kyle-plane or yacht since she humble brags about them so much

You know less vague title for clarity esp those who don't know or like Harry Patter.

I think I need a mod to change the title thread otherwise I'd do it myself! Sorry about that, Petunia that you feel your time was wasted!

I think I need a mod to change the title thread otherwise I'd do it myself! Sorry about that, Petunia that you feel your time was wasted!

If you click "edit" under your first post and when it opens, click on "use full editor" you should be able to change the title.

Please don't feel you have to do it because of what I said about Harry Potter. I just wanted to give you a high five for changing the mood around here.

• Love 1

If you click "edit" under your first post and when it opens, click on "use full editor" you should be able to change the title.

When I go to full editor it's not letting me edit the title...?? I've never noticed before because I don't start that many posts. 

I'll PM a mod.

When I go to full editor it's not letting me edit the title...?? I've never noticed before because I don't start that many posts.

I'll PM a mod.

I'm sorry.

I know it's a an availabe feature because I've used it on forums running the same software. They must have that feature switched off. It's so simple to do and It's a shame to have to bother a mod to change your own thread title.

Edited by AnnA

Now on to previous cast members:

Adrienne: Ravenclaw, though maybe not as astute as LisaV and Eileen... and she gets an honorary Gryffindor mention for her ability to stand up to Vacant Parasite after what was done to her family

Joyce: Gryffindor - beautiful, brave, unafraid to speak her mind, read VP's playbook of evil torment in short order, always articulate, steadfast in her defense of herself, her family, and her culture; honorary Ravenclaw mention for having the brains to run away from this show when it became clear that VP's antics were tolerated

Camille: Hufflepuff - completely clueless about how she comes across on camera, attempted to be calculating but was far too transparent (very much has the same traits as LisaR, and don't get me wrong, we could use more Hufflepuffs around here)

Carlton: Slytherin - and not in the Draco Malfoy sense, more Crabbe and Goyle, very much a poseur, fake, hapless, ghoulish, unable to tolerate joy on any level, constantly in search of imaginative slights from others that would give her opportunity to unleash her pitiful wrath

Taylor: Hufflepuff - she just wasn't all there and seemed to be a tragic mess, but I always felt her heart was in the right place

• Love 2

I just noticed this thread. Don't judge.

You guys were très witty and slammin'--so good!

thesupremediva1, what can be said(?). You were hot, hOT, HOT!

Gosh, TWPers, reading this thread was immensely fun! So much smiling and giggling on my part :-) Thanks!

• Love 2