Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I don't put it past MG & Co to make Felicity the BC for a few episodes. I mentioned it in the Arrow Spoiler thread. It would probably not be a wise idea on multiple levels & fronts, but that has not stopped them before. It would be a really ballsy move, but it would cement that their motto that they are writing Arrow with their own vision.

Personally, I'm not even sure who I want to be this new BC. SL would be a great option considering how naturally her story and talents blend perfectly with the title. But I'm annoyed by the concept that LL needed to die for that. I'm also annoyed that LL would bequeath the title back in that secret convo she had with OQ in the hospital, which is the current speculation on the Arrow thread. If they did want to pass it back SL as a legacy/honor my sister thing, the least they could do is have an actual moment and scene between the Lance sisters. 

Honestly, its all really messy now. And as much as I want SL to get her title back - it seems at the sacrifice of LL which is inaccurate since LL stole the crown first.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cross-posting this from the Mind Your Surroundings thread in the Arrow forum, but with the spoiler tags removed - here are my scans of the LoT spoilery pages from TV Guide's Comic-Con Special issue...

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi25.phot

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi25.phot

Edited by tv echo

Giving it to Felicity would cause more problems then I think they'd want. It would have to be Sara or someone new to cause less blacklash. 

Or I suppose they could get Alex Kingston back to play Dinah Drake from Earth whatever number they want. Or cast someone to play a younger version of her a different time or Earth. That might be their better option to keep it with because comics. 

I won't rule out that they give it to FS just because it would cause them more problems than they want. If anything, I think that might encourage them to do it. Plus they could give FS the mantle for a few eps, use her to show how no one can replace LL and then let the BC title die in present day.

I'm not comfortable with just passing it back to SL - even if it makes sense. SL should take back a black outfit, but her name should be Canary again. I don't like if the writers set-up that the Lance sisters as interchangeable it diminishes them as individual characters.

I think they would be better off just casting the BC from another time and outside of current Lance actors, AK included. And having it be a one on/off scenario. Not that I think she deserves it, but KC/LL was the Flarrowverse BC and it should stay like that at least for a full season - otherwise its too much residual drama. I do wonder with it being a time traveling show, if they are going to have the BC title go to a descendant of OQ (or other TA member, but OQ just makes so much sense). I imagine that might be a possibility with OQ's daughter being the new BC in the future that helps start JLA. Who her mother is will remain a mystery for a future season. Similar to what they did with Connor last season.

(edited)

I think they know that if they make Felicity BC it will piss off a lot of people, Laurel fans, Sara fans and Felicity haters. I would think they are smart enough to know that. 

While I don't want Sara tied to because comics. I wouldn't want a Queen descendant to have that name. The title started with the Lance family and should be worn by someone that cared about the previous title holder. I highly doubt Oliver will talk about Laurel that much down the line. He barely cared to talk about her when she alive. I can't see a kid of his wanting to take the title of hero that lasted a year. They could have Sara name her future daughter Dinah and she takes up the mantle to keep it in the Lance family. And it could be an interesting story to see Sara meet her future daughter before she even knows she's going to have a kid. 

It would also be interesting if they ever let Sara have a scene with Dig again having met a version of his future son. Of course I still don't know if she knows that Dig named his daughter after her. Which is another reason you can tell they never really thought the whole Laurel and Sara storyline through. Dig naming his daughter after Sara should mean she was gone for good. Bringing her back just showed me they liked writing for Sara better and that's why she had more of the comic BC qualities. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't put it past MG & Co to make Felicity the BC for a few episodes. I mentioned it in the Arrow Spoiler thread. It would probably not be a wise idea on multiple levels & fronts, but that has not stopped them before. It would be a really ballsy move, but it would cement that their motto that they are writing Arrow with their own vision.

How would that be a writers vision when some fans have liked the idea or wanted Felicity to be BC since as early as season 1 or 2?. Those Felicity as BC theories/specs are as old as the show itself.

Plus they could give FS the mantle for a few eps, use her to show how no one can replace LL and then let the BC title die in present day.

I thought that was the whole point of Evelyn/Baby Canary.  

I think they would be better off just casting the BC from another time and outside of current Lance actors, AK included.

Agree this is a far better option (to me).  Have someone out of time, either from the past or the future as a Canary.

And it could be an interesting story to see Sara meet her future daughter before she even knows she's going to have a kid. 

LOL no more Dinahs, but yeah I like the idea of Sara's daughter as future BC much better. I fear they will think its a brilliant idea to make it Oliver's kid too, bonus incentive if they can get Felicity to be the mother. Arrow writers have no respect for the Lance family, I dont think they have any love left for them, they only love to take stuff from them to advance their favourite characters. The least they could do is keep the Canary legacy in the family and pass it to LoT to deal with it. . Just my 2 cents.

Edited by WildcardC

I wouldn't want Sara to name her daughter Dinah or Laurel but from what I learned watching these comic books shows it seems that the name is the most important part of character, not their personality or skills or their comparisons to the actual comic character. Sara's not the Black Canary when she has quite a lot in common with comic BC (enough where I heard Sara when watching Justice League Unlimited) all because her name isn't Dinah or Laurel. So I think if they want to make a third BC that is not Sara then their name has to be Dinah and I can only see Sara using a family name for her daughter. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

While I don't want Sara tied to because comics. I wouldn't want a Queen descendant to have that name. The title started with the Lance family and should be worn by someone that cared about the previous title holder. I highly doubt Oliver will talk about Laurel that much down the line. He barely cared to talk about her when she alive. I can't see a kid of his wanting to take the title of hero that lasted a year. They could have Sara name her future daughter Dinah and she takes up the mantle to keep it in the Lance family. And it could be an interesting story to see Sara meet her future daughter before she even knows she's going to have a kid. 

It would also be interesting if they ever let Sara have a scene with Dig again having met a version of his future son. Of course I still don't know if she knows that Dig named his daughter after her. Which is another reason you can tell they never really thought the whole Laurel and Sara storyline through. Dig naming his daughter after Sara should mean she was gone for good. Bringing her back just showed me they liked writing for Sara better and that's why she had more of the comic BC qualities. 

Sara having a kid would be fine too. I just think its harder to believe that SL is going to have a child while she is traveling through time. That really doesn't leave time to have kid. Meanwhile OQ is in static time, so he can have a child at any time without having to compromise his mission. That is why I chose him. I also think that it allows for more crossover opportunities.

I agree its still very unclear as to whether SL knows about baby Sara. I just hope Lyla is not pregnant again and we get a Laurel Diggle that decides to become the BC. No more Lance inspired Diggles, one is enough.

Edited by kismet

It would be a future kid and because Sara is traveling through time I think it would be easier for her to have a grown kid that shows up. She can go to any time, raise a kid then come back to the present or future her sends the kid to the present. So we wouldn't even to see her raise a kid because the kid could be born a couple years from now. 

• Love 1
(edited)

So I think if they want to make a third BC that is not Sara then their name has to be Dinah and I can only see Sara using a family name for her daughter. 

Well comic purists exists but its not everyone and it doesnt automatically spell doom, and at least not forever.  Jax is non canon and is accepted as Firestorm just fine as others like Thea, Curtis. Heck Laurel wasnt even using the classical Dinah name, yet got some purists to come around.  But YMMV, you feel how you feel based on your own experience. I wouldnt personally care what her name is.

But Im not against the idea of the Dinah name being passed through generations. If men can do it, why not women. At least it should be acceptable in fiction, its a start.

Edited by WildcardC
47 minutes ago, WildcardC said:

How would that be a writers vision when some fans have liked the idea or wanted Felicity to be BC since as early as season 1 or 2?. Those Felicity as BC theories/specs are as old as the show itself.

It still would be the writers' vision because they are the ones that actually write the stories. Just because its a fan theory does not give it any actual validity as part of the show canon/story. And the idea may have stemmed from the writers' room initially.

I thought that was the whole point of Evelyn/Baby Canary.  

Even if that was the point of Evelyn, the Flarrowverse writers love to rinse/repeat storylines. I fully expect them to do this with whatever new BC they have if they set her in the present day. And FS was the last one to touch the baton. So if there is someone in line on the show to take up the Legacy in present day, I see the potential of FS volunteering & failing. It kills 2 birds with one stone. It explains why Arrow can not have a BC & why FS does not go into the field. Plus TPTB like to play with fire and this would stir up so much fire.

Agree this is a far better option (to me).  Have someone out of time, either from the past or the future as a Canary.

That is why it perhaps it better to set up the new BC as out of present time. Because then it is not a Legacy to LL thing. It's a JLA and a revision/rebirth of the BC in the Flarrowverse. And with that it doesn't need to be connected to any of the drama that revolves around the BC v. Canary v. WC and the whole BC as the failed LI of the Arrow. It can be just about the BC.

The part where WM says that their decision "will make more sense...even to the fans who were really vehemently opposed to it" - that to me sounds like an already existing character.  It's true, it might mean just having someone, anyone, else pick up the BC mantle.  Obviously there are fans very opposed to that.  But my first reaction on reading that is that it's someone who they already know there's some opposition to taking it up.  

Of the existing characters that it could be (as opposed to someone new taking it up):

- Thea - I don't know that there's opposition to it because I'm not sure the idea has ever really occurred to most people.  So I don't think it's her.  

- Felicity - yeah, that idea's been out there for a while, and yes, it's been vehemently opposed, even by Felicity fans (not all of course).  But MG is on record as being adamantly against the idea of Felicity ever getting a costume.  And I don't believe they're quite as uncaring of public reaction as Kismet seems to think.  Making Felicity BC after killing off Laurel - that would not be pretty.  I don't have a high opinion of some of the choices they've made but I don't think they're quite that stupid.

- Baby Canary aka Evelyn Crawford Sharp.  Already ruled out because 

Spoiler

she's going to be taking the code name of Artemis.

- That leaves us with Sara.  Unless it really is going to be a new character, there's really no one else it can be.  

1.  Caity Lotz mentions at a con that she might be getting a new costume in season two.

2.  Stephen Amell gives a no comment when asked if any LoT cast members will be in the Arrow season premiere (translation: yes).  The title of the Arrow season premiere is 

Spoiler

Legacy, and apparently a statue of Laurel will be unveiled.

3.  WM gives a very evasive answer when asked if there could be another Canary, leading to the distinct impression, that yes, there will be. 

4.  When MG is asked whether Laurel could appear on LoT as a member of the JSA, he says no, that it would interfere with other plans they have.  

Each one, taken by itself, might not mean much.  But altogether they say Sara to me. *shrug*.  I guess we'll see what happens.  If it is Sara, I'm kind of expecting it to be announced Saturday night at SDCC.  It would allow them time to create new promotional material with her in the BC costume rather than the White Canary costume, leading up to season two.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not saying I care, I said that was the whole argument as to why Sara could never be Black Canary. She didn't have the name, despite having almost everything else in common with BC. They didn't make Sara BC for that reason, so I can't see them making another random new character BC unless she has Dinah in the name. 

Edited by Sakura12

Folks, please remember that this is specifically the Legends of Tomorrow spoiler thread, not the Sara thread or the Black Canary thread or the Arrow spoiler thread.  At this point I'm not even sure what Legends spoiler all this is coming from :)  Try to keep to the topic at hand, thanks!

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought this was the Spoilers and Speculation thread? We're speculating about something that was from the LoT article posted above about the other plans they have for the Black Canary character.

If we can't talk about it here, can we make a Spec thread? Since this is spoiler spec for LoT season 2 I didn't think it would be right to talk about in the Sara thread. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Sara is part of the Legends of Tomorrow, how is her spoilers not relevant to S &S thread? And sometimes spoilers interconnect, LoT is after all in a shared universe with  3 other shows, or 4 if Vixen counts. 

True, but other than the mention that BC's NOT going to be in the JSA there's no indication that the character will be appearing on LoT or actually that it will have anything to do with Sara.  Plus, not everyone watches or cares about all the shows; I've never been a fan of Arrow and have watched less than a season and a half of it total.

2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think there's a lot of indications that it will be Sara.  There's no proof yet of course.  But I think the likelihood is very high.

I'd consider this spoiler speculation of Sara's role in Season 2 of LoT. It's not much but it's all we have until the LoT SDCC panel. Even if all the shows are not watched, these shows are connected and Sara is connected to Arrow still, her father is a main character. So some spec is bound to cross paths with the others shows. 

• Love 1
(edited)

True, but other than the mention that BC's NOT going to be in the JSA there's no indication that the character will be appearing on LoT or actually that it will have anything to do with Sara. 

If you read it that way, I personally read it as that they were totally shutting down KC's version appearing on LoT or anywhere for that matter, that she is dead dead. Not necessarily that BC wont be on LoT (Based on what MG said and Mericle by extension, my mind raced to a past or future BC coming to LOT ). Different interpretations of spoilers. I feel also Sara is a potential candidate, even if thats not my preference.

I would love to discuss whats up with other team characters or the team as a whole but they ain't any new spoilers. The LoT specific TV guide article seem to regurgitate what we already know, Imo.

Edited by WildcardC

A lot of this stuff is speculation and not spoiler, but we don't have a speculation only field here. And most of this speculation does not have enough factual info to put it is the Sara thread. So if not in this field then where? And this particular speculation does have a lot of crossover because of the Lance connection and the fact that BC is from Arrow but is also a member of JLA which is supposed to be part of the LoT s2.

• Love 1

I didn't even know we had that thread. Of course then the problem becomes that the whole premise the SL may become BC again is directly connected to the Flarrowverse Spoiler that BC may return to Arrow or Justice League. So you would have to spoiler tag most of the posts anyway.

The Black Canary question might be moot.  Katie Cassidy's apparently signed one of those cross-show contracts like Miller and Barrowman.  I hope this means we get a sisterly reunion before everything goes to heck again.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, squidprincess said:

The Black Canary question might be moot.  Katie Cassidy's apparently signed one of those cross-show contracts like Miller and Barrowman.  I hope this means we get a sisterly reunion before everything goes to heck again.

That's the worst (show related) news I could have possibly gotten.  I cannot stand that character. I was so happy that we were done with her when she was killed off on Arrow.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

That's the worst (show related) news I could have possibly gotten.  I cannot stand that character. I was so happy that we were done with her when she was killed off on Arrow.

You said it. I don't care if she comes back to Arrow; I barely made it though last season. I just don't want her on LoT. Nothing good can come from that particularly for Sara.

• Love 2

The Black Canary question might be moot.  Katie Cassidy's apparently signed one of those cross-show contracts like Miller and Barrowman. 

Im glad they gave one such contract to a female actress, I was starting to think they were only for males. 

I  dont know what LoT will do with KC, Time travel to the past?, alternate timeline/reality Laurel? Other Earths Laurel?.  I'm just more excited to have Black Siren back on The Flash, that show could use some more female characters.  Arrow is done with KC/Laurel, except in Flashbacks. 

As for the Black Canary question, Im not sure this news rules out a new Black Canary/s in the distant future or far in the past. Anything is possible with a time travel show like LoT. Just look how we are getting Vixen's great grandmother in her youth.

Has it been confirmed how many episodes will be there in Season 2?

Im sure it hasnt changed from last season, still 16.

(edited)

Im glad they gave one such contract to a female actress

If only it wasn't Katie Cassidy.  Make it Katrina Law (Nyssa), make it Rila Fukushima (Katana), make it really anyone but Katie Cassidy.  :(

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

This is going to be terrible. I hate Malcolm and Damian. And bringing Snart back bad? Fail. Reverse Flash? Fail. So instead of a new villain for this season, they

decided to just recycle villains already used since they love the actors. Sigh.

I actually think the Legion of Doom thing sounds interesting, and if Cold is evil again it's because of Barry and Flashpoint. The only thing I'm upset about is Laurel. I don't need to see the stunts dumbed down for KC. I don't need to see Sara used to prop up Laurel. I don't need to see Black Siren and her ridiculous screeching. The canary cry isn't badass unless she has the fighting skills to back it up, and she doesn't.

They've already fridged Sara to make Laurel happen. Now what? They can't find anything compelling for her to do on Arrow, so they shove her onto LoT in the hopes that Sara can make her relevant?

• Love 2

I don't think Barry and Flashpoint turn Snart evil. That would be a huge thing to do. Erase all of Snarts development in LOT. I think this will just be an earlier version of Snart.

Im not concerned about Laurel. At all.

(edited)

If only it wasn't Katie Cassidy.  Make it Katrina Law (Nyssa), make it Rila Fukushima (Katana), make it really anyone but Katie Cassidy.  :(

I personally didnt care which female ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , I don't have a disdain for KC. Maybe they will be many more recipients of such deals later on. 

So instead of a new villain for this season, they decided to just recycle villains already used since they love the actors. Sigh.

Yeah they seem to have a hoarding problem, Im just thankful its not Tom Cavanagh's Reverse Flash at least. Im so over his character/s.

They can't find anything compelling for her to do on Arrow, so they shove her onto LoT in the hopes that Sara can make her relevant?

How? she is dead in Arrow and they are thumbing their noses at time travel and other sci fi/supernatural shenanigans. How much can  they possibly make a dead character relevant? rather I think she will be there for Sara's development through maybe flashbacks, visions/dreams and travelling back in time etc, nothing that could possibly be a threat to a main original character.  Whatever people feel about  KC or Laurel, she is Sara's only sibling, her family, her sister , I dont believe there is any way of doing this character while erasing this part of her life and background. Especially not with the kind of show LoT is. Even without this KC's deal, Sara's season 2 story was always planned to be affected by  Laurel's death. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway Im disappointed the SDCC trailer didnt show, what the other characters' stories' were going to be about and no glimpse of new Vixen. 

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 2

I'm not excited by KC's new shiny deal. I do wonder if it will bring SL down.

But the one shred of hope I have is the LoT writers have made RP a likeable character that I actually rooted for in s1 - which I thought was impossible after Arrow s3 & the BR casting. Perhaps magic can strike twice and they can do something serviceable with LL.

(edited)

Ray/Jax's spoilers

DC's Legends of Tomorrow" executive producer Marc Guggenheim recently posted new production art on Twitter that hinted Ray Palmer might go back in time to the medieval ages and become a knight.

Aside from the new production art, Twitter user @HeyOlicity23 posted a scan of TV Guide's Comic-Con edition that revealed Brandon Routh and Franz Drameh are going to guest-star in "Vixen" season two.

Amaya is Mari's grandmother, so it will be interesting to see how Ray and Jax react to meeting their friend's relative in the upcoming second season

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/88615/20160720/dc-legends-tomorrow-season-2-spoilers-production-art-hints-ray-becomes-knight.htm

Edited by WildcardC

Some tweets from the LoT panel, all from https://mobile.twitter.com/JustAboutWrite_

"Even superheroes have superheroes." Re the Justice Society

Dr. Midnight, Star Girl, Obsidian, Commander Steel, Vixen are the Justice Society

Stephen Amell, Mayor Oliver Queen, will be on #LegendsOfTomorrow

Damian Darhk will pop up in 1942

Stein and Jackson are in the good place and on the same page

Victor thought it would be difficult to go on without Robbie but then he met Franz. Robbie has been eclipsed (kidding)

Caity would love for Sara to find a girlfriend

There's a big twist coming for Rip Hunter that changes everything

Vixen is a strong woman like Sara and they might gel but also clash

S2 is predicated on little mysteries and multiple villains instead of one big villain

Eobard Thawn, Damien Darhk, Captain Cold and Malcolm Merlyn will be the super villain team.

Caity says Sara really wants to kill Merlyn and Darhk

I'm glad Cold will still be a major presence on LOT. The dynamics between him and the rest of the team shoukd be really interesting. Also cool that they will be using already established villains, so hopefully the Vandal Savage fiasco would be avoided.

(edited)

A few more that I missed - same source.  Not especially spoilery but interesting.

#LegendsOfTomorrow hasn't finished the Hawk story and given the right story would love to see Kendra and Cartet

Arthur kept reading Dom's lines because they said Rory lol

Brandon thinks that Tyler Hoechlin will be a great Superman but he hasn't given him any advice

Brandon said a lot of Superman is getting in shape and he said it looked like Tyler got that down

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I'm glad Cold will still be a major presence on LOT. The dynamics between him and the rest of the team shoukd be really interesting. Also cool that they will be using already established villains, so hopefully the Vandal Savage fiasco would be avoided.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I didn't like Cold when he was a villain on Flash, to be honest.  It was only when he started changing a bit that I started warming up to him (pun not intended).  I have a fondness for reluctant heroes.  Straight-up villains, not so much. (Edit: I realized I said that and then went on to talk about Dahrk, so...ok.  I don't know.  Maybe it's just Cold as a villain I didn't like. *shrug*)

I do think that, yeah, using already established villains is an interesting idea.  I thought Neal McDonough's Darhk, in particular, was a great character (poorly used), so I'm glad to see more of him.  But I'm uneasy about this idea of "little mysteries and multiple villains instead of one big villain".  I get that VS didn't work very well, but I don't think going toward a more episodic villain-of-the-week format is the answer.  I think it still needs to be at least somewhat serialized. 

Edited by Starfish35

See, I don't expect them to treat Cold the same way he was on The Flash. The audience followed the character's journey for a season, he has developed relationships with multiple main characters - it's clear to me the focus will be on personal drama this would create, and I'm sure the "new" Cold could eventually become closer to his late s1 version. I just expect angst before that, and I'm a sucker for angst (well, if it's well-written)

Flarrowverse in general is pretty serialized so I wouldn't worry about that. Legion of Doom probably has a plan, and maybe the Legends will be bringing them down one by one.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, WildcardC said:

Anyway Im disappointed the SDCC trailer didnt show, what the other characters' stories' were going to be about and no glimpse of new Vixen. 

They only started filming 3 days before the Con. Vixen hasn't shown up yet. At panel they said the cast just met her on Friday. 

I'm excited for the villains because 3 out of 4 of them have a very personal connection to Sara. Malcolm brainwashed Thea to murder her, Darhk murdered her sister and she and Cold became really good friends that could've been more. For me that means some really good stories for her. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Roundtable interview with CL with special guest interviewer Stephen Amell. I love that they get along so well. I really hope to see Sara and Oliver fight side by side again in the crossover. They were really a well oiled fighting team. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Proteus said:

I don't think Barry and Flashpoint turn Snart evil. That would be a huge thing to do.

Given the comics history, they could use Flashpoint as an excuse to do absolutely anything they wanted.  Theoretically, they could have said that Laurel is still alive, now played by Caity Lotz, she and Ollie are passionately in love, she has an organic metahuman Canary Cry, Sara died in infancy and Felicity is working with Curtis at Queen Consolidated and has never been romantically attached to Oliver.  Please note: I JUST MADE THAT UP.  But the original Flashpoint was a "throw almost everything out and start over" moment and if they wanted to and could get approvals from the people fronting the money, what Barry did them the storytelling room to do it on the show.

In other news, Obsidian???  That's somewhat surprising; in the comics, he was originally the son of Alan Grant, the Golden Age GL (this was before Alan was retconned into being childless and gay).  I'm not sure how they're going to handle him now since lots of things are vague in the comics these days since Convergence and Rebirth.

• Love 2

It would be interesting if Snart actually was the Snart from Legends of Tomorrow.  Not amnesiac, or time altered, or an earlier version.  He did have a lot of character development in the first season, but he's still a Rogue.  He may have decided that with the Time Masters out of the way, time travel offers a lot of brand new opportunities.

It wouldn't negate his development, necessarily.  (At least no more than Mick returning to crime in the finale negates his own development.)  He could still be relatively gray, compared to the other villains.  (Less inclined to murder, friendlier to the Legends when they're not at cross purposes.)

And it would give Sara, Mick, and Rip some interesting elements to chew over.  Especially Mick, who'd undoubtedly be faced with a join-Snart or stay-with-the-group type of dilemma.

Thanks for posting the interviews, Sakura12.  They're great.

I wish I could hear the Maisie-Arthur one a little better though.  But it seems like we'll be seeing interesting stuff.  (I wonder what Rip's "twist" could possibly be.)