Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Well, they are back to saying the cast could change again in Season 2. 

http://in.ign.com/the-atom/92173/feature/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-phil-klemmer-on-arrow-cros

I wish they'd make up their minds. If they change the whole cast I probably won't be back for season. Especially since their new characters were the weakest of them all Kendra, Carter and Savage. 

My wish list would probably be the main cast being Sara, Mick, Leonard and another female hero. They can meet powered heroes along the way which would also save on the budget. If they are changing up the format they don't need Rip anymore. I'd be fine with them being stuck in another time period rather time traveling every episode. Or if it's Dr. Fate maybe he can pick them up and put them in different times. 

Well reading it all the way through, it said they would change of the dynamics of the team a little bit. I don't think that means anything different than what they've been saying for awhile - Vandal Savage is a one season villain and there might be slight changes to the cast next season.

The most interesting thing in that article is that they are no longer hunted by the Time Masters, not trying to save the world (though I bet that sort of changes at some point), and not trying to save Rip's wife and son.

So the bottom line seems to be - new mission, new bad guy. Not necessarily new team. I suspect we will keep most of the cast, but the new guy could possibly replace Rip (I hope not) and we will likely lose Kendra.

Klemmer: The joy of doing an ensemble show is you can change the dynamic. We never want our characters to be too comfortable or familiar with one another. I think what makes the show so fun is that they're not your usual square-jawed, straight-edge, grim and determined version of a superhero team. As we find them working very well at the end of Season 1, I think we're obliged as storytellers to come up with a reason they are not working well in Season 2. I kind of feel like that's when they're at their best.

Wait, what? You never want our characters to be too comfortable or familiar with one  another? Really? So not being comfortable with one another and not really understanding one another is a GOOD thing? So they shouldn't be partners or friends, they should be marginal acquaintances who don't really like being around each other? That's not much of a team. I'm not saying they have to agree about everything or be in perfect harmony all the time, and disagreement CAN be interesting to watch, but not doing it for the sake of doing it.

• Love 3

If that's what he thinks then it's another not understanding their audience. I like that the team is working together more and fighting as a team. But I can see from being a tv watcher that all tv writers think we want to see the characters separated, when none of us want that. 

Leviathan Sneak Peek.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

second sneak peek. Why isn't Sara leading the team? She does everything, she's the counselor, the fight trainer, she's the best at undercover work and she fights most of the battles for them by herself.  

PK likes to make people think the show is going have a lot of shake ups. He also says Ummm all the time. I don't think he does press well.

The new guy is just recurring so he's not the new Rip.

Sara is once again on Kendra duty. I know she gets to fight Cassi so i'm not going to be too frustrated until the episode airs. 

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/87691/legends-of-tomorrow-goes-big/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=TVGM

“We’re basically encountering Savage at the height of his powers, which means we’re also encountering him on the eve of his murdering Rip’s wife and kid,” offers Klemmer, adding that “we meet a new version” of the madman, via the introduction of his daughter Cassandra (Jessica Sipos). “We realize that he’s made the fatal mistake of loving someone here in the future at the sort of precipice of his world domination…he’s decided to care for another human being, which we all know is bad news". 

Especially once Cassandra forms a connection with Snart (Wentworth Miller) and gets wind of what daddy is really all about. “As we know Snart had a troubled childhood of his own, so they become sounding board for one another and she comes to realize that her father, the great strong man, isn’t such a great guy.”

At the same time, Klemmer reveals that Kendra will find a key component needed to kill Savage, as well as the conviction to fulfill her destiny as the one who must do it. “This episode is all about taking Kendra and basically grooming her for the presumed death blow.

10 hours ago, KirkB said:

Wait, what? You never want our characters to be too comfortable or familiar with one  another? Really? So not being comfortable with one another and not really understanding one another is a GOOD thing? So they shouldn't be partners or friends, they should be marginal acquaintances who don't really like being around each other? That's not much of a team. I'm not saying they have to agree about everything or be in perfect harmony all the time, and disagreement CAN be interesting to watch, but not doing it for the sake of doing it.

From the following paragraph of the linked story:

They're the Bad News Bears. You don't want the Bad News Bears to win the championship; you want them to get runner up and tell the other team to shove the trophy where the sun don't shine. To me, why the Legends are so lovable is because they can't quite get it together. It makes them so human because they want to be heroes so badly, and yet they always fall short.

Personally, I'm fine with the Dirty Dozen / random assortment of shitheads dynamic. 

Why does it look like Nyssa's in prison in Nanda Parbat? I wonder what time they are in, because if it's current time wouldn't Nyssa tell Sara about Laurel? Or is this when Nyssa was left to rot in prison by Laurel for destroying the Lazarus Pit? Either way KL is really expressive with her face because it looks like she can't believe it's really Sara in front of her. 

1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

Why does it look like Nyssa's in prison in Nanda Parbat? I wonder what time they are in, because if it's current time wouldn't Nyssa tell Sara about Laurel? Or is this when Nyssa was left to rot in prison by Laurel for destroying the Lazarus Pit? Either way KL is really expressive with her face because it looks like she can't believe it's really Sara in front of her. 

I was just thinking the same thing about Nyssa's outfit. And there was that clip of Ray talking to Felicity in the wheelchair in the promo for the back half of the season. Yet it's been confirmed that Quentin and Sara do visit Laurel's grave at some point at the end of the season. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to show us the team arriving in January right before they left and then catch them up to present day before they take off for season two?

Nyssa disbanded the LoA but she may still be living in Nanda Parbat. Maybe when Sara comes to see her it's there, and I'm willing to bet a lot of the rooms have barred windows and/or doors for various reasons.

It's also possible Sara comes home after they beat Savage to give Oliver and Barry the good news and finds out about Laurel. It's not like Quentin would be able to call her while she's bopping around in time.

I have no idea about anything going on in Arrow, but TVDB does say that the last episode of LoT will feature the team back at home, and that Sara will find out about Laurel then.  (OK, I do know about Laurel.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Kind of makes sense if they do that. They beat Savage in the penultimate episode, mourning Kendra if she dies killing him, then Rip returns them to the time they left. Sara, Stein and Jax have people to check in on (which means bad news for Sara), while Snart and Rory probably have heists to plan. Then in the last part of the finale Rip will probably show up, asking for their help again.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1
On April 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Sakura12 said:

Nyssa and Sara reunion.

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fdclegend

Oh, we're getting a Nyssa & Sara reunion of some sort? Didn't the showrunner or exec producers say early in the season that wouldn't happen? Hmm... I guess I'll wait to see if this reunion is for real...  

(edited)

New roles:

http://tvline.com/2016/05/03/legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-cast-han-solo-female-soldier/

It may be standing room only on the Waverider come Season 2 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

With the CW drama airing its antepenultimate freshman episode this Thursday at 8/7c, TVLine has learned that casting is now underway for two new series regular roles, to debut next season.

RELATEDLegends of Tomorrow Casts Suits Star in Mystery Hero Role

A male in his late-20s to mid-30s is being sought to play a guy who grew up in the shadow of his World War II hero grandfather and has used a Han Solo-like facade to conceal his insecurity — until, that is, the development of super powers enables him to love up to his family legacy.

Also being cast for Legends Season 2 is the female member of an elite paramilitary team living in the 1940s. An African-American, she is scrutinized in her time for both her gender and race and thus has worked twice as hard to be a perfect soldier. That said, she blames herself for — and aims to avenge — the death of a team member for whom she had repressed feelings.

RELATEDArrow Season 5: Get Details on Oliver’s ‘Charming’ New Adversary

As shared in our May Sweeps/Finale Preview package, Season 2 of the Arrow/Flash offshoot will be “a lot different,” says showrunner Phil Klemmer, as the resolution of the Vandal Savage storyline segues into a new mission set in motion by the season-ending arrival of a caped hero played by Suits‘ Patrick J. Adams.

The finale “is not just hitting the reset button, it really is modifying their mission,” Klemmer said. “Season 2 isn’t going to be about saving the world and stopping a singular entity from doing evil. We wanted to change the stakes and dynamics to make it an entirely new show — not just with new characters but with a new dramatic engine.”

You know the drill — get to dream-casting the two new roles!

Edited by Proteus

Ok so they are casting for a Black Lady Blackhawk? Who will eventually be Sara's new love interest?

No clue on the guy who is trying to live up to his grandfather's legend - ideas?

Please be Lady Blackhawk, please be Lady Blackhawk! My imaginary ship of Sara/Zinda (or whatever name they give her) might come true. 

No clue about the other guy, I just hope they are replacing Kendra and Carter. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think Kendra and Carter are gone - I'm more sure now than ever.  I'm just wondering if we're losing someone else too, because Carter wasn't a regular. 

Well Savage was supposed to be a regular I think. Maybe next season it won't be one dedicated "bad guy"?

47 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Ok so they are casting for a Black Lady Blackhawk? Who will eventually be Sara's new love interest?

No clue on the guy who is trying to live up to his grandfather's legend - ideas?

Why would she be a love interest for Sara?

I don't think Casper Crump was a regular. It seems like we had a discussion about that early in the season, and I thought he was a regular, but someone else showed that he wasn't actually.

Carter was actually said to be joining the cast as a regular though that was done just to kill off a regular in the Pilot. And Crump was in almost every episode >.< And I think these casting call outs say Regular because they are looking for people who will commit to a full season and might not actually get a season regular credit. That will all be done in contract negotiations. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Please be Lady Blackhawk, please be Lady Blackhawk! My imaginary ship of Sara/Zinda (or whatever name they give her) might come true. 

No clue about the other guy, I just hope they are replacing Kendra and Carter. 

Yeah, that's where my mind went when I read she was from the 1940s. I don't know if they plan to put her with Sara, but the way the article said she had repressed feelings for a team member does suggest that person was female. My dream casting for this role is Freema Agyeman; not only is she twice the actress CR is, but she was also a DW companion.

I have no idea who the super powered Han Solo is. I literally can't come up with a DC character that fits that description.

• Love 1

Ooh Freeman Agyeman would be perfect casting. They should keep their tradition of casting Doctor Who people. Her American accent is passable on Sense8 on Netflix. 

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Why would she be a love interest for Sara?

When I first read the description of her character, my mind flashed to a made for television movie I saw sometime as a teen about a group of female helicopter pilots who ran secret missions in WWII and for some reasons - I assumed the team mate that this character lost and had repressed feelings for was a woman. So then I just assumed that she and Sara would eventually bond. I seriously made huge and possibly wrong leaps to get to that conclusion, but yea - that's what happened.

• Love 1

It says the female member of an elite paramilitary team.  That to me implies that the rest of the team members are male.  So I'm assuming that the team member she had feelings for would also be male.  

12 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It says the female member of an elite paramilitary team.  That to me implies that the rest of the team members are male.  So I'm assuming that the team member she had feelings for would also be male.  

Yes, but if he's male, and they toss her at Ray, she'll be all "Do I love you or should I stay true to my poor dead boyfriend?" for the entire frickin' season, and now I'm starting to choke on my own bile.

Can't she like Sara, or maybe Mick? Some women like the crazy. Please, I'm begging you, for the sake of my sanity!

• Love 2

Lol.  :)  I'm not saying she can't be with Sara (though in honesty I'm starting to get attached to Sara/Snart so I'm slightly biased).  I'm just pointing out that saying she was THE female member of the team seems to heavily imply she was the only female member of the team.

But yes, putting her with Ray would be repetitive and I hope they don't go there.  But Sara and Ray aren't their only options. :)

• Love 2

Maybe she'll like Mick then they can go on double dates with Sara and Snart. And by double dates I mean where they get into a bar fight, maybe steal some wallets, set something on fire and steal a car. 

• Love 3
(edited)

With Jax for me it depends on how old she is. Jax just seems really young to me. And Rip will have to deal with never getting his family back (if that's what happens) to should not be thinking of getting into a new relationship. He's not Kendra. 

She could be for Ray since they keep trying to push him as a romantic lead. When Snart is better at that role. They probably want Ray to find the one. And Snart may or may not be for Sara. The writers and the actors seem to be aware of their ship above everyone else on LoT.  They've said they have some good scenes coming up in Episode 15. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

The new girl can like Mick - that might be fun. If they pair Ray up with anyone - I want them to grab the actress who plays Lisa Snart so we can see him be scared to freaking death that Snart is going to kill him if she doesn't stop flirting with him. Seriously - I want this. Bonus points if they play it slash enough that I can continue with my ColdAtom side ship. :)

• Love 3

I agree on the age with Jax.  That was one of the reasons I wasn't all that excited about him and Kendra.  But I think it could be interesting done right.  Jax tends to get sidelined a lot, and pairing him with someone might actually be some good character development and bring him more to the forefront.

Good point about Rip, and I'm actually hoping his family is saved anyway.  

Mick....I have the hardest time picturing Mick in a romantic relationship with anyone.   Which might actually make it very entertaining. :)

New guy is a completely unknown element. 

Ray....*sigh* I hope they don't go there again.  But I can't deny there's a good chance of it.   :(

4 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

If they pair Ray up with anyone - I want them to grab the actress who plays Lisa Snart so we can see him be scared to freaking death that Snart is going to kill him if she doesn't stop flirting with him. Seriously - I want this. Bonus points if they play it slash enough that I can continue with my ColdAtom side ship. :)

I want this.  I want this badly.  :) 

• Love 1

Mick's changed from the man he was before. He's calmer and has more control over his anger. I could see him getting with someone now. 

I also think (and hope) that if Sara and Snart get together it won't be like Olicity or any other pairing just because of the way those characters are. It would be the same for Mick. Neither of them are much for feelings talk unless they are near death and it's only the two of them. they don't see like a couple that would be into PDA. I could only see them showing affection when no one else is around to see them. That's probably why I have yet to find any good Sara/Snart fics. All of them seem widely out of character for me. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

The new girl can like Mick - that might be fun. If they pair Ray up with anyone - I want them to grab the actress who plays Lisa Snart so we can see him be scared to freaking death that Snart is going to kill him if she doesn't stop flirting with him. Seriously - I want this. Bonus points if they play it slash enough that I can continue with my ColdAtom side ship. :)

YAAASSSSS! The Goodie Two Show and the Bad Girl, is a dynamic that I've always loved. Lisa Snart might actually make Ray's love life fun. Besides, think of the lulz with Snart plotting Ray's death every time he sees them together.

• Love 4

Ray: Lisa, ah Ms. Snart, you are a very lovely girl - very pretty.....

Lisa: You think I'm pretty?

Ray: Yes of course, but your brother....He.... and I....

Lisa: You and my brother?

Ray: What? No. Your brother... Lisa, you are going to get me killed.

Lisa: Oh you are worried about my brother killing you.

Ray: Yes, that is a distinct possibility. But I'm more concerned about my relationship with him...

Lisa: Your relationship with him?

Ray: Yes well, he has gotten me out of a tight spot or two. There was the cage, and the time we were in Russian prison, and then there was the guy he shot for me...

Lisa: Oh my you are my brother have gotten close. Don't worry lover - I can be useful in a tight spot too...

Ray: Mick! Help me!

Mick: Oh no man, you are on your own. But just so you know, Cold is charging his gun...

• Love 2

That definitely has potential. It would be interesting if the teammate Lady Blackhawk (?) lost during WWII was the second character's grandfather. As long as they cast them well and don't try to sell us on some kind of "destined" love - it could be fun to mix up the eras these characters come from like Sakura has been wanting. :)

• Love 1

Oh wow. That would certainly be an interesting twist.  And if her teammate was married, that would explain her repressed feelings.  But yes!!! Please no more "predestined" relationships.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, nksarmi said:

That definitely has potential. It would be interesting if the teammate Lady Blackhawk (?) lost during WWII was the second character's grandfather. As long as they cast them well and don't try to sell us on some kind of "destined" love - it could be fun to mix up the eras these characters come from like Sakura has been wanting. :)

Does that mean they fan pandered to me? Lol

That reminds me of the storyline in the 4400. If done right it could be interesting. They just really need to stay away from any predestined love stories and let things flow naturally between the characters. 

• Love 1

It's interesting that one of the Steel grandsons was a member of "Justice League Detroit," which was the last pre-Crisis incarnation of the JLA and which included Vixen and introduced Vibe (I'm still waiting for Gypsy to appear on TV).

• Love 1
(edited)

Lady Blackhawk is not straight?

If she isnt, it doesnt necessarily mean she will be Sara's love interest. Two queer women can just be friends too.

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 1
(edited)

You've seen two LGBT characters on a show that have not been interested in each other? Please let me know which show that was. 

If the new character is an LGBT character she most likely is going to have flirtation with Sara since TV is a small world and they don't have a lot of options. The same for if she is straight, she will have a flirtation with one of the male characters. This is tv, people just see two people on a show and want them to date, it doesn't matter if they are queer or not. 

You should see how popular Mick/Snart is and neither of them have shown any romantic interest in each other at all. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2