Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Our Dancing Days

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I am loving this show! 

I'm surprised nobody caught the comments between Lucious and Cookie during/after their hook-up, she said that he was still the only man she had ever slept with and his comment back was he has slept with many woman, always trying to find my Cookie or something to that effect.  Love them or hate them these two have mad chemistry with each other.

Sorry but I am a middle-aged white woman what does CP time mean??? (please don't laugh at me)

• Love 3

I am loving this show! 

I'm surprised nobody caught the comments between Lucious and Cookie during/after their hook-up, she said that he was still the only man she had ever slept with and his comment back was he has slept with many woman, always trying to find my Cookie or something to that effect.  Love them or hate them these two have mad chemistry with each other.

Sorry but I am a middle-aged white woman what does CP time mean??? (please don't laugh at me)

I caught that in the preview. And you can see Cookie roll her eyes when he's says he been with alot of women.

CP time means "colored people" time. (always late)

• Love 1

Am I the only one who CANNOT with Becky's blonde wig? I just can't. It really bothers me.

Otherwise I'm loving this show. Everyone i have told about it, is watching it.

I can't stand the wigs, and the way she seems stuffed and spanxed into every dress. She looks like a sausage (even skinny girls can look like that, so that isn't a comment on her weight)

• Love 1

Michael got an extremely lame exit. I mean, that was a weak way of writing him out unless they plan to bring him back next season.

Lola's lovely but they need to do a DNA test to make sure she's actually Jamal's kid. At least Cookie had the sense to raise some doubt there.

Nice Jamal/Hakeem made it up and smashed it with Keep Your Money during that investor thing.

Also nice that Lucious told everyone that he had ALS. Andre's reaction was the most effective.

I would've felt bad for Anika walking in on Lucious/Cookie but she spiked Elle's tea, so no sympathy for me there.

Not sure if I should care about Hakeem/Camilla but misspelling Naomi Campbell's name? Uh-oh, 9/10

• Love 1
(edited)

This was my favorite episode of the season. I swear, I had a big stupid grin on my face when Anika walked in on Lucious and Cookie. I may have even cheered.

And this ep features my favorite scene of the series: the family gathering where Lucious tells everyone about his ALS. It was so full of layers, as all of the Lyon family dynamics were at play: Hakeem being a hothead, Andre melting down and Jamal immediately trying to comfort his mom. Taraji P. Henson was devastating in this scene, as she let the shock of the revelation wash over Cookie's face. For all the shiny artifice of this show, it features some truly emotionally rich character interactions.

Edited by Gillian Rosh