Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Fashion

Except for the little song number midway through, this was by far the best of the season.  It just rang very true.  Lots of laughs too...

(My bad, it took me forever to figure out it was Parker Posey as one of the image consultants.)

• Love 2

Except for the little song number midway through, this was by far the best of the season.  It just rang very true.  Lots of laughs too...

(My bad, it took me forever to figure out it was Parker Posey as one of the image consultants.)

I totally agree.  This season has been a little more experimental.  This seemed classic.

I loved the Denim store and what to do if she spills something like wine on them. I also really appreciated that Matt Groening showed up himself and talked about how he doesn't mind derivatives, but that he didn't like Spyke's because it was so bad. 

• Love 1

Loved this episode.

Gutterpunks don't ask for a dollar outright around here. They say "Change or dollar? Change or dollar? Change or dollar?" At some point they discovered they weren't making enough money from the traditional "spare change?" request so they had to take it up a notch. I guess they'll probably drop the "change" part if it works.

For me Kumail always makes the episode better. The jeans, er, denim store was hilarious.

Parker Posey is so great, I really hope we see her again. And wow, finally, an appearance by Groening! Loved how he wanted Spyke to stop only because Spyke's knockoffs were just so awful. LOL

For a second I thought it was Elizabeth Banks, but it didn't take me too long to see it was Posey.

Shut up! We thought it was Elizabeth Banks at first, too! I'd never noticed the resemblance before. God, Parker Posey is a gem.

Long ago my husband had decided that Portlandia wasn't for him, but he happened to walk in at the beginning of this episode and soon was back on board in a big way. Which is surprising, given this episode's digs at Early Onset Grumpiness, of which he is most definitely a sufferer.

• Love 1