Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: First a Verdict, Then a Lawyer

maraleia
  • Start Topic

SSI is a federal program, not a state program. It wouldn't be handled by welfare or health and human services but at the social security office, and the grilling required will be quite intense. Not only are incomes looked at, but also things such as a family home. By marrying Robyn, it became harder, not easier, but I can almost promise you there were no payments.

Dayton may be eligible for payments on his own after 18, if he is deemed unable to work. But he will first have to go through multiple hoops with welfare and his state social services to set up the paper trail that his Aspergers is making it impossible to work and the state has done all it can to help him find a job. That could take several years before it even gets to the federal level. Then he could be denied and have to appeal....

It's not easy.

Exactly. I also think he would be the type to say he didn't need to go through this type of pretending and lying. Yes, he has Aspergers, but that doesn't mean he can't get a job.

• Love 1

I'm re-watching Big Love, having not watched it through in quite a long time. I'm in the S5 episode where the question comes up about Bill and Barb divorcing in order to adopt Nickie's daughter. It is such a weird thing, watching the way the Brown's storyline continuously mimics those of an HBO show. Makes me wonder what the Browns would be doing on their show if they'd never seen Big Love. Some similarities would be coincidental, regardless. But I think Kody watched BL and got all kinds of big ideas. Wonkier and wonkier.

• Love 1

When I married my now EX who had small children his EX could not get more child support just because I made more money than either of them. Their children are not my financial responsibility per the Judge.

When we divorced many years ago my assets were not involved as far as child support goes.

Still, I loved them.