Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: The Trash And The Snake

Thank you, Tim, for correcting Calhoun on Occam's razor before I could.  This is why I love you.

I am right there with you. He also also had a couple of my other favorite lines of the episode. Where he tells Raylan he wants to die being choked by Sigourney Weaver's thighs, or something to that effect. Then later at the jail when he asks Raylan and Dickie if they want a conjugal! Loved that scene, it was perfect!

• Love 1

Re Tim's Sigourney Weaver line: other than the fact that she's a beautiful woman with long, shapely legs, is there a particular significance to this reference that I'm missing?  Like did she use her thighs to kill someone in Alien, which I've never seen?

After this week, the only thing I can't figure out is which one (Raylan or Boyd) I want to see kill Avery Markham. Every time I decide on one, my brain goes "yeah, but what about the OTHER one?".

Edited by Swaig
  • Love 1

Who else got flipped out by the covered plate? All I could think of in that split second was that it was a severed human hand or something. "This is what happens to snitches, Ava." That wouldn't have happened, but they did a good job of creating tension.

Speaking of which, this season has already had more tension in it than five of all of Season 5. If they keep this up, I promise to forget all about the Crowes. Except you, Dewey. Except you.

• Love 3

Can someone explain this part to me?  I've watched it a couple times now and I still don't get it...  When Raylan and Tim are talking to Dickie, Raylan asks him, "You were so hot to start a feud with me that had long since ended, you sold your ancestral land to Loretta McCready?"

What does the Raylan/Dickie feud have to do with Dickie selling his land?  Or how does selling his land restart the feud?  If there are dots to connect from one thing to another I'm not seeing them.  I feel like they hastily wrote something that didn't make sense just to bring Dickie back--or cut out part of the scene.

I didn't get that part either. Dickie would have sold the estate after he ended up in prison, right? I'm not sure what his selling the land would have to do with re-starting a feud with Raylan.

Also, I think peacock was meant as a gay slur?

I think the landowner just meant that he was a peacock in that he was flashy and boastful.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 1

I didn't get that part either. Dickie would have sold the estate after he ended up in prison, right? I'm not sure what how his selling the land would have to do with re-starting a feud with Raylan.

The more I watch the scene the more I think there was something cut--the conversation just doesn't make sense.

Raylan:  We’re upsettin’ you?  You want us to leave?  You can just tell us who bought your land.

Tim:  Records indicate LM Consolidated.  Broker’s name turned out to be a fake.

Raylan:  Who was it, wanted their identity concealed?

Dickie:  Yes, you’re absolutely right, I’d be delighted to tell you why I sold it.  Would you…like to--

Raylan:  This ought to be good.

Tim:  I hope you made a tidy sum for your dumbassness

Dickie:  Drove a hard bargain, yeah, yeah, but I did, I managed to, I pushed her back, I did, and I ended up with a tidy sum.

They go from asking Dickie who he sold it to, to Dickie saying he'd tell them why he sold it, to Tim calling him a dumbass for no particular reason.  Did Dickie explain why he sold it--which had something to do with the feud--that makes Tim call his motives "dumbassness" but they cut it out?  Otherwise, why would selling his land be dumb? What's he going to do with it in prison?

I have officially spent too much time thinking about this.

• Love 2

After this week, the only thing I can't figure out is which one (Raylan or Boyd) I want to see kill Avery Markham. Every time I decide on one, my brain goes "yeah, but what about the OTHER one?".

Maybe both like when Omar & Brother Mouzone teamed up to take out Stringer Bell in The Wire

• Love 2

Re Tim's Sigourney Weaver line: other than the fact that she's a beautiful woman with long, shapely legs, is there a particular significance to this reference that I'm missing? Like did she use her thighs to kill someone in Alien, which I've never seen?

No, I'm thinking it's more sexual- along the lines of the Bond villain Xenia Onnatop from Goldeneye. And if you've never seen Goldeneye, think more like this: what would Tim be doing that would involve his head and neck being between Sigourney's thighs?

Edited by Princess Sparkle

I think the landowner just meant that he was a peacock in that he was flashy and boastful.

Flashy, boastful, and kind of useless.  Peacocks can barely fly.  He was calling Ty "all hat, no cowboy."

I'm catching up on this season.  I laughed so hard at Whiz's demise that the kids came running upstairs to check on me. I'm a bad mother, so I rewound it (again) and showed them.  It's Wynn's total lack of reaction that makes it art.  

Edited by Archery
  • Love 2