Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons (1-5) Talk

I figured I would start this thread for discussion of callbacks or foreshadowing found while watching the show.

I have been catching up on missed episodes via Netflix and found something interesting in an episode from season 2. In the episode "The Set-Up" Ann sets Leslie up on a date with an obnoxious MRI tech. He ends up taking her to a hospital to give her an MRI after she mentions she never has gotten one. He is commenting on her MRI, and says that she has a good-sized uterus and could have triplets.

• Love 8

In "Summer Catalog" Leslie says to Ron, "are we gonna hate each other one day?"

Also this is a teeny tiny callback, but in the recent episode where Tom lists all the local Pawnee celebrities, he includes Trish Ianetta. She is the girl who won the beauty pageant back in Season 2!

• Love 5

When the IOW decided to give Ron an award for Leslie's Camp Athena project in Season 2, Ron refers to it as "Camp Xena". Whether they had Lucy Lawless in mind for Ron's love interest then or not, it's cute. 

That same episode had Tom mentioning that he wants to open a place called Tom's Bistro.

Edited by Brandi Maxxxx
  • Love 1

Watching the marathon on Esquire and the episode where Ben and Chris first arrive in Pawnee. When Ben and Leslie talk and we find out about him being the 18 year old mayor who ran his town into the ground, he says he became a state auditor to show people he's responsible so he can run for office again someday. It's also the episode where Tom meets Lucy.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

Since either Leslie or Ben could be president in the future:

"I would be lying if I said that I never thought I would be involved in an incident like this. Except I always assumed that I would be the politician and the man would be accused of sleeping with me. And that man would be the vice president. And I would be the president." - Leslie in Christmas Scandal

• Love 1

Marathoning past seasons in preparation for the finale, Ron actually mentioned having brothers a few times over the years.  Notably, in "Hunting Trip", in the midst of berating Leslie (who he thinks shot him in the head), he mentions that he usually watches the Super Bowl with them.

• Love 2

So in episode 8 of Season 5, there's a question regarding palm trees in one of Eagleton's parks. And the park designer says it's because of the hot springs under ground.

Yet in episode 21, same season. No one seems to be surprised or even acknowledge the palm trees at the putt putt in Pawnee???

What's going on here?

In season 5's proposal episode they callback to Leslie's hoarding from season 2 when she says "he would move into my place, but it's a scary nightmare hoarder nest. His words. And Ann's. And the official report filed by the Health Department."

• Love 1

Idk if anyone else has noticed it but check out episode 12 of season 4; Chris walks into Rons office and the shotgun swivels towards Chris without being apparently touched.  

12 minutes ago, Xen0r0th said:

When Andy and April get married, April says shes going to divorce Andy just so she can marry him again, which they proceed to do in a later season

What episode because that was one thing I was sure would come back but I thought never didl

I was watching Hunting Trip from S 2 last night, when Donna realizes the window of the Benz has been shot out, and she has a flat tire and is shrieking OMG OMG , I was dying.

And Leslie and Ann trying to get pills down Ron.  "Ron is resting comfortably now". 

I watched The Office so much I had to stop so I think P&R will be my go to now for leaving something on the tv whilst cleaning etc. 

This morning Tammy 1 was on with the drinking game. I have been singing Pants Pants Pants Pants to the tune of Gonna Make You Sweat/Everybody Dance Now. 

• Love 2