Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Damned in Africa

I found it sort of awesome that they couldn't eat the snakes they caught. Oops. I watched the after show, or whatever it is, After Dark. It sucked. I was sort of shocked that Jeff & Eva seem to think they're the best partners ever. Really? 

I still can't believe they even had a discussion about wiping out an entire ecosystem of black widow spiders versus trying to live with them in the cave. I guess it's a good point in support of the crazy that shows up on this show!

I don't understand why they couldn't cook or eat any of the bugs, like the tarantulas or scorpions! So much waste.

Also, Jeff's little twig-scarf thing was hi-larious. I have no idea what that was supposed to do.

That cave and natural spring (with the rocks circling it? HELLO? sooo man-made) were rather convenient dontcha think? Ugh. I hated this episode. First season was way more hardcore, this felt really set up. Me no likey. Although I totally gaffawed when praying dude was all "I asked our heavenly father for a bountiful meal and then we found this snake!" to the next scene of all that shit going right up in flames. Where's your god now sir!?

• Love 3

How were they going to dry the snake with the "tent" of dried leaves? Do the camera and sound guys hang out close to the people?  They were able to get some good shots of the people trying to put out the fire. If they camped out pretty far away, it'd be hard for them to get that footage.

(edited)

I never ever want to see the words Maggot and Butt together again.

I thought they worked pretty well together, despite the snake problems. Not too sure what his branch draped over his shoulders would do in the way of sun protection, but guess they'd try anything that works.

Noticed it was "Uncensored". What was uncensored about it? That they added extra clips from their auditions?

Edited by Tyler

Frankly when word came out about a new show called "Survivor", this is exactly what I had expected that show to be (plus the million dollars. But actually the fact that there's NO money awarded here makes this much more fascinating.) My son and I have been binge-watching S2 the past few days and we're hooked. (after reading the forums, though, we will definitely find S1 and watch that!). Thanks to this particular pair I've renamed the show "Naked Wife Swap". 

I do agree that it gets pretty repetitive. Same problems, different environments. And the fact that no one actually gets bitten by anything bigger than a mosquito is a bit suspect. (again, we haven't watched S1 so maybe someone got bitten by a snake or scorpion or rat at the very least).

Haven't watched any of the After Dark stuff but I would be MOST interested in the crew's setup and protection. When a couple is rafting down cayman infested waters, the crew is doing the same. I'd like to see THEIR 'raft' though.

• Love 1
Thanks to this particular pair I've renamed the show "Naked Wife Swap".

When I first stumbled across this show (when two people were talking by the fire), I misread the show description and thought that this was a weird naked couples therapy show.  I only started watching it when my brother refused to change the channel. I got immediately hooked. Check out S1-Bayou - it's my favorite.  The couple got along great and had a great rapport.

Thanks to this particular pair I've renamed the show "Naked Wife Swap".

I watched the first season and liked it, pretty much.  Then this season started and I was like, why are they so obviously selecting pairs who are going to hate each other's guts?  It's so blatantly Wife Swap in the Jungle that it's not even funny.

I'm amazed Eva didn't kill Jeff.  All his talk about not liking feminists when she's the only one who is successfully catching any animals despite him allegedly being some kind of hunting expert. And his refusing to cuddle for warmth when they don't have a fire...   Throw in his continual praying and then crediting that with their finally getting snake eggs instead of her scavenging abilities... yeah, I think the only thing that saved him was Eva's commitment to not killing dumb animals and the fact that his rotting carcass would have attracted hyenas.