Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I've been a lurker over at the TWoP site for a while, and just as I was feeling the itch to start posting, they announce they're shutting down.  So I might as well start posting here. 

I wasn't thrilled with the way Kensi was portrayed in Zero Days, losing all discipline to go after her ex.  Yes, I do understand the shock, but as other people have said, it was as if she had suddenly forgotten all about Deeks, the guy who has been so steady and patient with her.  However, I think when we see Deeks' meltdown, we'll be saying almost the same things about him.  Now, I'm a big Deeks fan, but sometimes I really don't trust the writers with how they're going to handle his character (don't get me started with the kicked in the nuts thing).  I just hope the writers let Deeks melt down in a good way, taking out his fear for Kensi on a bad guy, and not, for example, beating up the 15 year old girl who's a guest cast member for the rescue ep. 

And even though I don't think Kensi will end up with Jack, I think he's going to be around longer than most fans want.  I think this because

there were a few calendars posted on Rick Tunell's twitter with the filming schedule, and a couple of post-its were shown indicating "Matt off" or "Matt in late" for some episodes well after "Spoils of War." I don't know of any other Matt than Matthew Del negro.  I think the Jack will come back from Afghan with the team, possibly as a prisoner but alive, and he may be the tough guy the Miguel Ferrer tweeted about interrogating along with Hetty, I think in the episode "Windfall."

Anyway, I think Deeks is going to end up with a broken heart, because the bottom line when I see him with Kensi is that he loves her but she can't love him back.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post, especially for my very first one.  I've got my fingers crossed that I'll feel better after I've seen the next episode.

(edited)

This thread is marked as spoilers so you don't have to put spoilers in spoilers. :-} 

From tweets of Matt he's only in 3 episodes. He's also not listed as a guest star on Windfall official synopsis of the episode. Next week starts prep for the season finale 5.24. Cast and crew are shooting 2 extra episode [production #5.25 and #5.26 ] that will air next season [the way 5.05 "Unwritten Rule" of this season was shot last season too]. Point being if Matt appears in those 2 episodes they will be for next season, not this one. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

Somehow I became a fan of this show and then a fool for Kensi/Deeks. 

The show is more fun as escapist entertainment than its predecessors (JAG, NCIS) because it's taking place in its named locale (no lame sets or backlot streets) and it blows stuff up on a regular basis.  So that's fine.  But how did I get to the place where I was looking for Densi fanfic?  It's pitiful!

Anyway, a friend of mine is speculating that part of the fallout from this Afghanistan plot will be Deeks going back to the LAPD for a time.  This will set up the point at which he'll come back on board as an agent.

• Love 1

Aahhhhh!  I would hate for the season to end with Deeks going back to the LAPD because he thinks it would be better for Kensi and her possible emotional break from Aghanistan.  One of those cliff-hanger things.

Is there any confirmation that Jack is the eeeevil white ghost?

They might discuss Their Thing?  Wheeeeee!  Also, teeth chattering that it goes badly.

I think your speculation that Deeks will go back to the LAPD (temporarily) is right.  After his adorable smile last night, I hate the idea of his heart getting broken.  Again.

I am such a softie for these two.  Deeks' "And there she is" is the new "I love you."  It's like the old X-Files days -- I'll take any little crumb and write an entire fanfic (in my head).

The Callen/Hanna chemistry was on display as well, and that's a good thing.  OTOH, Hetty's decision making didn't make any sense:if they can remember that Sam posed as a sommelier, can't they remember her process for putting Deeks back in the field and otherwise evaluating him post-torture (from the beginning of *this* season, no less)?  

Not enough explosions, but maybe next week.

• Love 1

I really don't care at all about Deeks and Kensi and whether they end up in love or not in love.  I just don't care.  The story has digressed into a soap opera, and I'm hoping that they get back to basics with the new season and can get out from under the lovesick melodrama.

(edited)

.. and we're off! Filming began for 6.01 [which will air as 6.02] started today. 

Episode Number: 6.01

Episode Title: "Inelegant Heart"

Written By: R. Scott Gemmill

Directed By: John P. Kousakis 

Air Date: Monday, September 29th at 10|9c. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

Hey Anna! Yes, I think so, but judge for yourself. 

Written:

- Deep Trouble 
- War Cries 
- Impact 
- Raven & the Swans
- Wanted 
- Free Ride
- Recruit 
- Touch of Death 
- The Watchers 
- Honor 
- Cyber Threat 
- Imposters 
- Tin Soldiers 
- Archangel 
- Absolution
- Borderline
- Found 
- LD50 
- The Only Easy Day

Story/Teleplay:

- Breach 
- Brimstone 

Hey Anna! Yes, I think so, but judge for yourself. 

Written:

- Deep Trouble 

- War Cries 

- Impact 

- Raven & the Swans

- Wanted 

- Free Ride

- Recruit 

- Touch of Death 

- The Watchers 

- Honor 

- Cyber Threat 

- Imposters 

- Tin Soldiers 

- Archangel 

- Absolution

- Borderline

- Found 

- LD50 

- The Only Easy Day

Story/Teleplay:

- Breach 

- Brimstone 

The bolded are among my favorite episodes. So I hold out hope that he will continue doing well.

Are there any spoilers regarding Sam ,Callen, Hetty Nell for season six? cuz we only got spoilers about deeks and kensi's relationship as if the show were about their relationship.

(edited)

For all you Densi shippers (like me!)? NCIS: Los Angeles season 5 DVD? Will have the deleted scene from Densi's night together. ;-}  Quote from said scene: "Falling in love w you".

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2
(edited)

The deleted scene was supposed to air during Spoils of War, as a flashback. Was cut do to time. The deleted scene will be on the DVD; on the Spoils of War episode. Check the extras. I've seen it. Would have loved for it to have made it to air. It, in my opinion, is a parallel of the season premiere .. when Deeks told Kensi that he got her through his torture. Also in the context you see that during the worse of time of her captivity, Kensi thought of Deeks. 

Y'all let me know what you think when you've had a chance to see it. 

Edited by Samantha84

I thought Callen already had a girlfriend? He's getting another one? Maybe this one will actually appear for more than three seconds. Please just let it not be Nell, as I never need to see the sort of dumb whining they'd have Eric doing.

Speaking of love triangles, can Talia disappear soon? I don't believe for a second that Deeks would pick her over Kenzi, so that whole thing is just pointless and irritating.

• Love 1

Thank you Sam84!

While I am aware that we are not actually in danger of having Sam or Callen killed off, there did seem to a be a good amount of tension as to whether or not they're getting rescued. 

As for the commentary on TVline, I'm thinking Talia's advice goes something like this: "Your partner talked you about the whole time we worked together. I happen to think he's a great cop and pretty easy on the eyes but he's clearly got a thing for you, so I didn't make a move. That courtesy will not last forever. Figure out your 'thing.' "

The following is pure speculation on my part:

We know Hetty is in pretty deep doo-doo over the Afghanistan debacle (and she probably should be!) and had to get out of it somehow. A huge chunk of her mystique is what she knows and who she knows.  Along those lines, I'm wondering if Senator Lockhart (from Merry Evasion) might show up again. He was pretty vocal about owing the team a debt and it would be a plausible way to get Hetty out of trouble.

Of course, I also want to see a nice smack-down from Vance first, preferable with Granger in the room. I think they'd play nicely off each other and it gives me hope of seeing Grager go toe-to-toe with Gibbs. Which would be epic.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 1

[Video] Behind The Scenes: Kensi and Talia: Stunt Fight

I know some will say no fighting between Kensi and Talia over Deeks. Feel the same way. Yes, this started about Deeks and that lies beneath the surface but now it's about Talia pushing Kensi's buttons for the sake of. She's being a bitch for no good reason and that pisses Kensi off. Let's see how it translate to screen. It's gonna be a good premiere! 

Eeeeee!  Fun little behind the scenes bit.

I'm not so worried about Talia- she can more than hold her own- in fact, I think she might win.

I wonder how this will sit with Deeks, though.  If he will joke about it being a fantasy come true (two women fighting over me!) or if it will be more "Hey Kens, I'm your raccoon who mates for life, lay off with the violence 'kay?"

I wonder how this will sit with Deeks, though.  If he will joke about it being a fantasy come true (two women fighting over me!) or if it will be more "Hey Kens, I'm your raccoon who mates for life, lay off with the violence 'kay?"

I really want it to be the second answer. If for no other reason I feel like Deeks has grown beyond the whole 'girl fight' thing, at least as far as Kensi goes.

TVline has a slightly spoilery interview here - http://tvline.com/2014/09/26/ncis-la-season-6-preview-sam-callen-kensi-deeks-hetty/

They randomly mention a character named Katie, who's that?

I have to say, I'm getting a bit dubious about this show. I absolutely loved it for the first four years, but last year was a massive disappointment. There was a lot less fun buddy-cop drama which was what I enjoyed, and a lot more romantic angst which doesn't seem to be going anywhere, just around in circles. I'll give it one more season, though. Maybe they can fix it for me.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 2

A friend from Deeks past is returning; I'm hearing it's 2 episodes -- the first being 6.04.   Any guesses?

Channon Roe a.k.a Ray from "Plan B'". Perhaps Deeks gets in contact w. him to let him know how his "thing" w. "Wikipedia" went? ;-} 

Edited by Samantha84

Oh I like that! Ray was pretty cool and I'm sure having him around a little will be all sorts of entertaining. I wonder if this is the context in which we find out more about Deeks mom. I thought I remember that storyline getting kicked around last season but it getting shelved due to Dani's pregnancy.

Eric is kinda amazing when playing Max .. I'm referring specifically to 'Plan B'. Looking forward to Max, Ray, and Deeks backstory. 

Glad Kensi's kidnapping and torture in Afghanistan will not go unnoticed or talked about; especially w. Hetty's role in that mission being questioned thus bringing it all back up for Kensi. 

Some may not agree but I like that Kensi and Talia can be friends/friendly. I'd rather have them be that way then fighting over Deeks or any man for that matter. Two strong, intelligent women should never do that.  Good interview ... looking forward to everything. 

I like it when Deeks gets to be serious, and seeing having to play Max as the seriously screwed up, angry villain he truly could have been is awesome.  I think the actor does a good job when he gets to be serious.  And Ray gets to see how Kensi/Deeks' "thing" is going.

The article about Kensi/Deeks sounds exciting.  I hope that one episode ends with Deeks showing up at Kensi's house with dinner, complete with their "theme" music, a la last season's scene.

I also hope we see Callen get to interact with "Max."  It'd be interesting an interesting scene for sure.

Very interested in seeing Max again.And Ray should be a treat.

I'm glad Afghanistan is being addressed but it can't just be about the kidnapping. I'm sure Hetty didn't intend for Kensi to be hurt but she was because shewas sent in blind. I really want Kensi to confront her about that.