Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

About bloody time! Yes, I always assumed George as well, since Hetty said it was the grandfather's name, I think. It could be something reasonably normal, like Gabriel. But it would be hilarious if it was something a bit more unexpected, like Gaylord.

I'd love to see Sam trying not to make any wisecracks, because it's his orphan buddy's long lost name and he's not homophobic at all, but still... Gaylord.

(edited)

EW Spoiler Room:

I can exclusively reveal that Peter Cambor, who played operational psychologist Nate Getz, will return in an upcoming episode slated for April. After going dark for three months while on a long-term undercover op tied to terrorism in L.A., Getz resurfaces on security footage stealing a military transport of weapons. When Callen and Sam track him down, he double-crosses the duo, taking Callen hostage and torturing him for information. Check out a sneak peek at his return:

Wait, what?! Bringing back Nate as a bad guy? I hope it's a triple cross.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

I'm hoping someone here can answer this. I've looked all over the net and I can't find an answer. Anyone know why Linda Hunt has such a reduced role? I don't hate Miguel Ferrer but every time I see him I always flashback to Robocop lol. Anyone know if she's sick or if it's contract related?

• Love 1
On 3/15/2016 at 7:50 AM, jon82 said:

I'm hoping someone here can answer this. I've looked all over the net and I can't find an answer. Anyone know why Linda Hunt has such a reduced role? I don't hate Miguel Ferrer but every time I see him I always flashback to Robocop lol. Anyone know if she's sick or if it's contract related?

I don't mind a hardliner for a boss but I lost all respect for the character a while back when he shot out a guy's eardrum. Not only is it a physical injury that guys hearing will never be the same. It's takes a bit of a sociopath to do that. But it is a show where machismo rules and is over played to the hilt. Deeks does not count as a counter balance.  If I want 24 I'm sure I can find it somewhere.

It seemed like Ferrer seemed ill for a season or two looking extremely frail and thin. Wonder if something similar with Hunt is going on. I think Hunt does the narrative for some charity commercials.

On March 14, 2016 at 2:50 PM, jon82 said:

I haven't noticed her role being significantly reduced over past seasons.  She is well into her seventies, so I guess I figured it's more of a part time gig at this point.  I'm happy with Miguel Ferrer filling in.  His dry wit and dead on, deadpan delivery is great. I also like the way he's developed interesting relationships with each of the team over the last few seasons.  If you look back to when his character was introduced, it's really been an well-considered, gradual transformation.

• Love 3
On 9/7/2016 at 6:19 PM, Lebanna said:

So, as I always expected, Arkady's daughter Anna is covering Kensi's (not the character, obvs) maternity leave. And getting it on with Callen, too, apparently.

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2016-season-premiere-spoilers/#!30/talion-4/

I need to just quit watching this show already. It's so predictable.

Well, the Anna thing is probably really surprising for about five people who weren't paying attention. I'm not a huge fan of the character, so I'm really not excited about this. In my opinion, they just try way too hard with her. 

So it seems like they'll injure Kensi in some way that prevents her from doing her job in probably the first episode (popular speculation seems to be helicopter crash), but have pre-taped scenes with DR and ECO so that we'll still see her in every episode. And I believe the actresses who play Deeks' mom and Kensi's mom have both been spotted on set. I have to give the show credit for the creative ways they have handled DR's pregnancies so that the character is still on-screen with a storyline even as the actress is out. I vastly prefer this form of story-telling to the "walk around with a big shopping bag and then disappear for a month" variety, and I also respect them for not writing in the pregnancy when it was not yet justified by the plot and character growth. 

• Love 1

So I think we're getting closer to the end of the mole storyline, if for no other reason that 90 day deadline Hetty agreed is looming. And I think it's Nate. I can't think of anyone else that it could turn out to be that we're going to care about. As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but none of the main title actors are leaving the show anytime soon, so it can't be them. And in the last episode someone made a comment about cutting off the head of the snake to resolve the mole thing. And "Head of the Snake" was the title of the episode we last saw Nate in, plus it is scheduled to re-run in January. 

Anyone have any thoughts or theories?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

So I think we're getting closer to the end of the mole storyline, if for no other reason that 90 day deadline Hetty agreed is looming. And I think it's Nate. I can't think of anyone else that it could turn out to be that we're going to care about. As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but none of the main title actors are leaving the show anytime soon, so it can't be them. And in the last episode someone made a comment about cutting off the head of the snake to resolve the mole thing. And "Head of the Snake" was the title of the episode we last saw Nate in, plus it is scheduled to re-run in January. 

I just want this story to be over.  I kind of don't care anymore.

• Love 1
On 12/11/2016 at 2:27 AM, anna0852 said:

I have to agree with you, unfortunately.  I'm not really thrilled with Nate being a traitor, because, you know, he's Nate, but they've kind of written themselves into a corner with this one.  After TWO BLOODY YEARS of build up, the mole has to be someone we know well and who means something to the team, but unlike on the mothership, they haven't developed a solid rotation of recurring characters from whom they could pick.  There's basically Talia, Arkady and . . . well, that's kind of it, really.  And neither Talia nor Arkady has access to the information the mole has leaked.

Plus, as Anna0852 said, the "Head of the Snake" reference made me perk right up. 

That said, they'd better make it really convincing.  Nate better have a damn good reason for betraying the team, even if it's only in his own mind.  If it's well written, then I think the resolution of the arc could be really affecting and effective, but it still makes me sad, because Nate has had some awesome guest stints over the years.  Those scenes with him and Hettie playing a mildly deranged mother and son at the crooked funeral parlor were absolutely brilliant!  It makes me kinda sad to think that when I re-watch that episode, it's going to be in the knowledge that Nate later committed the ultimate betrayal of the whole team.  So I hope they write him a convincing motive, and maybe even a redemptive ending (because I suspect he won't survive the revelation :(

• Love 2

Aaaaaand (drumroll) the actor who plays Nate is on the cast list for the January 8th episode. The promo picture released shows what appears to be a friendly interaction with Kens, but I guess we'll see. 

Also, apparently Kensi comes back for the holiday party in tomorrow night's episode and immediately gets into a full-on cat fight with Anna. I don't think I can adequately convey how tired I am of Kensi getting into fights with other women. It's not cute. It's not charming. It's not humorous in any way. They NEED to stop writing this storyline over and over. 

• Love 3

Why on earth would Kensi get into a fight with Anna? They've met and worked together before without any problems. The promo monkeys have to be twisting something and I really hope they are, cause this is *not* something I'm a fan of. Although if that fight is real, and not someone's hallucination or dream-sequence, then that definitely explains why Peter Cambor (Nate) is on the cast list for the first episode in January 2017. If Kensi attacked someone in the office there is no way she's getting her job back without a *major* psych consult and sign-off. 

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 2

I didn't want to put this in the Kulinda episode thread, because it's not really about the episode but I completely agree with @MostlyC that Nate is the mole. Peter Cambor doesn't come back for one-off scenes at the end of the episode. Every other time he's come back it's because Nate has been integral to the plot. I think that whatever is about to go down next week with Hetty's deadline nearing and the 4 guys being framed and arrested, his being there is part of it. Whether he's the chief puller-of-strings or a just a lackey, I think Nate was there to destabilize Kensi and make sure she can't interfere in whatever plans are going down. She's been out on medical leave for so long that framing her as well might not work at this point but he can make sure she's in too much a funk to be of any use to the guys. At least that is my theory.

• Love 1

Oh please let Anna be a mole. I want her gone, and she qualifies as someone Callen is 'close' with.

It better not be Granger. He has really grown on me, and I love Miguel Ferrer.

I hope if Kensi is kidnapped, she ends up being a badass and it renews her self-confidence. I am aware it is realistic, but I really don't want to watch her be depressed. I have real life for things like that. I'd be annoyed if she bounced back like nothing happened, but I don't want this storyline to drag on forever.

• Love 4

Looks like a bit more info about this mole storyline:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/ncis-los-angeles-episode-814-under.html

I think this gives a bit more clarity about how this is going to go. Clearly the guys get set up for various crimes next week. Whomever this mole is, they are trying to use other agencies to take Our Heroes out of the fight. Given that this episode shows a picture of LAPD Internal Affairs in the field *with* the guys, the take-em-out gambit didn't work. I'm guessing the agencies that were used didn't appreciate it that much.

Lots of familiar returning faces. Definitely something to do with the CIA, since we have at least 3 of their folks showing up just based on the cast list for 814. And who here is completely unsurprised that Kensi's pal Sullivan is *not* who he said he was.

This is starting to look better and better. A rogue Hetty is usually good for a few twists and turns.

I do have to say though, shouldn't Director Vance show up at some point if things have gone this screwy?

On 1/11/2017 at 0:53 PM, anna0852 said:

I do have to say though, shouldn't Director Vance show up at some point if things have gone this screwy?

It really doesn't seem like there's much (or any) crossover between the showrunners of LA and the original. I think there were even rumors a few years back about there being some bad blood there. I think that's why we pretty much never get references to one on the other aside from the crossover last season of one Very Special agent that was probably dictated by the network. Apart from never seeing Vance, I can't remember the last time he was even acknowledged. I would guess it would be years at this point. 

I'm surprised that CBS/the show spoiled the Sullivan thing with the cast list on the official press release when it would have been very easy to just leave his character as "Sullivan" and have no one be the wiser. I imagine that as soon as the cast list comes out for that third episode, we'll likely know who the mole is just through their inclusion. Let me say this: at this point I would be very, very surprised not to see Peter Cambor on that cast list. The only other real theory I've seen is Nell, and I truly would be stunned by that. She seems to be absolutely adored by the powers that be, given how unrealistically positive at times her stories and skills have been.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

It really doesn't seem like there's much (or any) crossover between the showrunners of LA and the original. I think there were even rumors a few years back about there being some bad blood there. I think that's why we pretty much never get references to one on the other aside from the crossover last season of one Very Special agent that was probably dictated by the network. Apart from never seeing Vance, I can't remember the last time he was even acknowledged. I would guess it would be years at this point. 

I've seen those rumors swirling around too and just based on how awkward it was when Tony showed up last year, I believe them.  Which probably explains why the Granger character was created back in Season 3. They needed some sort of authority figure over Hetty and Director Vance could only be *mentioned* so many times before the story would demand he actually show up. So they put in an Assistant Director that take on that role and Director Vance is hardly mentioned again and not seen until Season 6.

And it's a shame because it does impact some of the stories told here. I'm really digging this mole storyline. They've spend so much time crafting and building up to what is looking like a 3-part climax. And the first episode knocked it out of the park. But the deeper we get, the more it highlights Vance's absence. Especially now with Granger not only sick but arrested and badly injured. For the Agency Director to not be on site as this goes down is ludicrous. And this isn't the first time either. There's been stuff on the Mothership that *should* have been at least mentioned here. NCIS headquarters got blown up a few years ago. I would think the LA team  have something to say about that. How about the time Vance's wife was killed by a rogue Mossad agent? It doesn't come up at least once when Mossad agents turn up in LA?

I think that is something that the production company that oversees all 3 of the shows needs to think about. Bad blood or not, if you create a universe with multiple shows that co-exist with each other and impact each other, then you have cross them over from time to time. Maybe not in person, actors can only be in so many places at one. But they should least reference each other. Otherwise, what is the point of having them in the first place?

5 hours ago, Jillibean said:

The only other real theory I've seen is Nell, and I truly would be stunned by that. She seems to be absolutely adored by the powers that be, given how unrealistically positive at times her stories and skills have been.

Rarely does anything surprise me on these shows anymore, but this, this would actually be a surprise.

Oh God, that makes me so sad.  A wonderful actor and a tremendous character.  I trust that the show will give the character the send-off he deserves, and my heart goes out to Miguel Ferrer's friends, family and co-workers.  I didn't want to believe that he was really sick at first -- I guess I was in denial -- but it became more obvious as this season progressed.  I like to think that he was working up until close to the end because he loved it, and they certainly kept his character integral to the story line.  A huge loss. 

• Love 6

Matt's Inside Line:

What’s happening with NCIS: LA’s Kensi and Deeks? – Shelby
Reflecting on the “bumpy” road the two have traveled since Kensi’s debilitating injury, Eric Christian Olsen says, “We’re just coming out of the woods now, but the mole [hunt], all that, plays a very large role in what’s next. How [showrunner] Scott [Gemmill] and our writers handled that [reveal], I did not see it coming.”

So, after watching the last episode, I've decided I want Hettie to be the mole.  'Want' may be the wrong word, but for all of the things that have sent me through the roof that she has done (sending to Kensi to Afghanistan blind as she did leapt back to memory after this episode) I feel like it should be her.  I'd even take that result if it was played that only we in the audience know the answer, not anyone else on the show.  That would actually be an interesting reveal to me.

• Love 2

Well, that promo reveals . . . absolutely nothing!  Let me sum it up -- the NCIS team wears a lot of bullet-proof vests, prowls around a lot with machine guns ready to go, and beats some guys up.  Also, they are going "off book."  That pretty much sums up, like, every episode ever :)  Seriously, I appreciate them playing this one close to the vest, but the pay off better be some pretty big surprises. Can't wait :)

• Love 3

So, after watching the last episode, I've decided I want Hettie to be the mole.

Miguel Ferrer died on January 19th. RIP. On a less sombre note, I HATE when the bad guys are right and the good guys are wrong. There is NO mole anymore. Hettie killed them.

Edited by Notwisconsin
36 minutes ago, Notwisconsin said:

Miguel Ferrer died on January 19th. RIP. On a less sombre note, I HATE when the bad guys are right and the good guys are wrong. There is NO mole anymore. Hettie killed them.

Except for Sullivan.  He's really CIA and is still holding Kenzie.