Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

On 4/18/2017 at 4:45 AM, MaxGentry said:

Shaggy he is not Martin Deeks. The original MD lost in the Densi couple (really horrible!) and I would love to find him again.

I get what you mean, but the real Deeks is Shaggy--not Max Gentry. He never was Max. The real Deeks is a good guy who loves dogs, surfing, massages, snowboarding, cooking frittatas, and Kensi. He's no more Max than Callen is Walinski or Sam is Switch; those are just covers, parts they play--and they're not real. Sure, some aspects of those characters live inside them, but those "aspects" are very small. It would take something catastrophic to make Deeks become Max--and that's not likely. You're mourning the loss of a nonexistent character.

• Love 1
On 4/18/2017 at 2:23 PM, 123BP said:

We know it's all about Tahir and that Michelle is kidnapped, and even though Military wrote and directed, I feel a yawn coming on (but I'll be watching). ??? I do wonder if Sabatino turns out to be a good guy and saves Michelle and/or Kam (I can't picture him working with Tahir).

From TV Line, via CBS press release:

SUNDAY, MAY 14
NCIS: Los Angeles (season finale): Sam Hanna goes rogue from the NCIS team in an attempt to stop Tahir Khaled (guest star Anslem Richardson) from ever targeting his family again.

Not necessarily anything new in story below. 

Just How Explosive Is the 'NCIS: LA' Season 8 Finale? The Cast Explains
Monday, April 17, 2017

Vanessa Frith, Contributing Writer, BuddyTV

NCIS: LA is known for its finales' nail-bitter cliffhangers, and season 8's closer will prove no different. This time around, however, the final frames will present Hetty's team with a situation they can't reverse.

In fact, the penultimate episode will also play into the finale mayhem. Titled "Uncaged," the May 7 hour will combine with "Unleashed" to redraw the lives of three agents. 

"We've had edge-of-your-seat moments before, but this is a real big one -- and it's not something that's going to just be resolved. It's something that's going to stick with us for the remainder of the show, until we go off the air," Daniela Ruah (Kensi) informed TVLine. "It's not just a Season 8 thing, it's something that's going to be present forever."

It doesn't take much legwork to deduce that Ruah's character will find herself in the thick of it, a theory that was confirmed by EP R. Scott Gemill confirmed following last month's PaleyFest. 

"Sam's life is going to change," Gemill teased, according to TV Guide. "Kensi and Deek's life is going to change based on the finale."

When it comes to Sam, we already know what his finale will entail. CBS released the logline for "Uncaged" on Monday, and it brings an old nemesis back into play. Last year Tahir Khaled (Anselm Richardson) went after Sam's son, but this year his followers will have Michelle (Aunjanue Ellis) in their crosshairs. In an attempt to leverage information on Tahir's whereabouts, someone will kidnap Mrs. Hanna, sending the NCIS: LA squad on an emotional quest to track down the kidnappers before it's too late.

Could this signal the return of the mysterious outfit that ambushed Callen (Chris O'Donnell) and Anna (Bar Paly) during the episode 17 transport of Asakeem (Sammy Sheil)? If they're busy recruiting the best and brightest terrorist around, then Tahir certainly fits the bill.

The past could rear its ugly head all across the board, it seems. Kensi and Deeks (Eric Christian Olsen) are in for a big change, a storyline that could end in either bliss or despair. We already know a final proposal is on the way, but Densi has a lot of other plates in the air. The pair has discussed the possibility of parenthood (bliss) even as LAPD Detective Ellen Whiting convalesces with Deeks' murder confession at hand (despair).

Will Whiting remember what Olsen's character confided to her as her life nearly slipped away during "Under Siege." Will she choose to act on that knowledge? Or, after a tumultuous season, will Deeks and Kensi's lives change for the better? 

Find out when NCIS: LA airs Sundays at 8/7c on CBS. Want more news like this? Check out BuddyTV's Facebook page.

Edited by betsyboo
asked a question and scrolled up and found answer. d'oh
4 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Kensi and Deeks (Eric Christian Olsen) are in for a big change,

This wasn't the sense I got from Gemmill's remarks at PaleyFest. Thought he said the big change is in Sam's life; Kensi & Deeks' lives change a little based on the finale. (just rewatched Gemmill on PaleyFest--said Kensi and Deeks' lives will change "a little bit based on the finale"--so doesn't sound like anything major). BuddyTV sounds like more media hype.

2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Sounds interesting but not much detail. I'm still betting that someone is knocked up.

If anyone's knocked up, I hope it's Anna. That would be hilarious! A little g

Edited by ymeagain
  • Love 2

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS: LA’s Season Finale

Is there any word on whether the NCIS: LA finale this year will have a cliffhanger? —Dee

Sure sounds like it! “Oh my gosh, people will be floored. I’m not kidding,” Daniela Ruah, who plays Kensi, shared with me. “We’ve had edge-of-your-seat moments before, but this is a real big one — and it’s not something that’s going to just be resolved. It’s something that’s going to stick with us for the remainder of the show, until we go off the air. It’s not just a Season 8 thing, it’s something that’s going to be present forever.”

My opinion if you are talking about the Densi

Deeks in prison forever ? Too cruel !!!

Response to the proposal : No! it's over !!

In season 8 the situations between the two do not look great....

From this interview you understand that the situation between the two will be definitive ..

Sorry for bad english,i am italian..

Edited by centopercento
On 4/20/2017 at 10:38 PM, ymeagain said:

This wasn't the sense I got from Gemmill's remarks at PaleyFest. Thought he said the big change is in Sam's life; Kensi & Deeks' lives change a little based on the finale. (just rewatched Gemmill on PaleyFest--said Kensi and Deeks' lives will change "a little bit based on the finale"--so doesn't sound like anything major). BuddyTV sounds like more media hype.

I think a few of the articles that came out right after PaleyFest had a bit of a misquote with the "major life change" applying to Deeks and Kensi, and this article clearly just grabbed quotes from other sources. 

I certainly think the Whiting confession could come into play at some point, but for the most part it looks like the last couple of episodes have a strong focus on Sam and his family, so at best Kensi and Deeks are getting the B plot. 

As for ECO's schedule, he was also off for a week in January (looks like the week they were taping the nursing home episode) and again in March, and COD was off for a week in February when they were filming the episode where Eric and Nell go under cover. People's vacation time doesn't necessarily mean anything about a character's status on the show.

• Love 2

ymeagain, thank you so much for the link!  I just watched the Paleyfest panel, and it was worth the annoying commercial interruptions!  For me, the high point was LL Cool J's tribute to Miguel Ferrer, which seemed so heartfelt and confirmed what I sensed -- that the show let him work up until the end because that was what he wanted.  A great tribute to the actor and to the character.

It was actually a really fun panel, notwithstanding the horrible moderator who had clearly never watched the show, and didn't even know who LL Cool J is in real life.

I also liked it when Renee and Daniela got choked up talking about Daniela's recovery story line.  Not a lot of spoiler info, unfortunately.  Nonetheless, fun to watch.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mtmjr said:

thank you so much for the link!

No problem. Good panel, horrible moderator, and idiotic audience questions (the box? Monty? seriously?) LL's tribute to Miguel was touching; Chris and LL "displaying" their emotions was hilarious as was LL's comment about thinking about reinterpreting Jimmy Buffet's music (Chris' influence). Dani's talk about her character's arc was interesting, but the boys brought it back to earth with their emoting. Enjoyed Renee (especially her talk about learning on the set) and Barrett and Eric. Funny that the entire cast was so awful at the "guess who said it" segment. Did miss Linda.

7 hours ago, 123BP said:

it looks as if Anna's back in the first episode of season 9.

Good. They've finally found a gal for Callen. Hope she hangs around awhile so their relationship can develop. Interested to see where it goes especially with changes coming for Sam.

• Love 1

123BP write

I think you might be right. In an interview Dani said the proposal happens this season, and I can't see it happening in either Uncaged or Unleashed. This is the only other episode.

Question: Will we see a Densi wedding this season on NCIS: LA? —Tim
Ausiello: You will get a proper proposal by the time the May 14 finale rolls around, Daniela Ruah tells us, “But we will not get a wedding [this season].”

Rick Tunell

26-27-28  april the actors are on the set for 902 ..Todd off 3 day Cod off 2 day

On instagram there is a photo of today, Daniela cries hugged to ECO and a scene with Kensi moving away and Eco who jokes with Talia,But I do not understand what they say.

Edited by centopercento
On 4/26/2017 at 3:03 AM, centopercento said:

On instagram there is a photo of today, Daniela cries hugged to ECO and a scene with Kensi moving away and Eco who jokes with Talia,But I do not understand what they say.

The scene you're showing is from an old episode (season 6, I think). Maybe Mercedes is gong to guest star again?

1 hour ago, 123BP said:

The scene you're showing is from an old episode (season 6, I think). Maybe Mercedes is gong to guest star again?

Mercedes appears in "Fish Out of Water" (season 5: episode 16)"Deep Trouble" (season 5: episode 24)"Deep Trouble, Pt. II" (season 6: episode 1)
"Citadel" (season 7: episode 2)"The Long Goodbye" (season 7: episode 8)

For what I understand Mercedes is on the set for 901 or 902 from instagram post

These days you see Daniela's picture crying in the final episodes
And I do not like that

But Eco Was officially confirmed for Season 9 ?

Edited by centopercento
1 hour ago, centopercento said:

But Eco Was officially confirmed for Season 9 ?

I don't know. On the calendar, I just saw that LL and COD were off a few days, so they're back (I also saw a vid on Instagram with COD). As for the other cast members, I don't know. Gemmill said there was going to be a "reset." He knows what that means. As for me, LL and COD are the "Gibbs" of NCIS: LA; as long as they're on the show, it's all good (I like all the other cast members and love to see them, but the guys the show can't lose--and still be NCIS: LA--are LL & COD). Just my opinion and I know others disagree.

6 hours ago, 123BP said:

I don't know. On the calendar, I just saw that LL and COD were off a few days, so they're back (I also saw a vid on Instagram with COD). As for the other cast members, I don't know. Gemmill said there was going to be a "reset." He knows what that means. As for me, LL and COD are the "Gibbs" of NCIS: LA; as long as they're on the show, it's all good (I like all the other cast members and love to see them, but the guys the show can't lose--and still be NCIS: LA--are LL & COD). Just my opinion and I know others disagree.

Kensi e Deeks: For me the change in their lives is back to being friends, love is over.

The development of their story I did not like, after they got together they were too under pressure.

From the show, I prefer the development of personal relationships.
I like Densi, G and Anna, Eric and Nell, Sam and her family.

My favorite show scene is 4x22.Kensi and Deeks in hotel room ..
It's not a scene of love but comedian
The two actors are very good.
Daniela is beautiful but also very good, for example I have doubts about Bar paly, only playmate tipe.
And I would like less tension in the show ..

Edited by centopercento

Okay, so I'm just gonna throw this out there. Does anyone think that there's any possibility that the ending of "Uncaged" was not exactly what it appeared to be?

In other words, is there any chance that Michelle is not actually dead? I can't decide if it's just wishful thinking on my part, or if there's any basis in the episode to think it. I mean, we cut from Kensi and Deeks finding her to Sam reaching the scene, and theoretically undercover spy stuff could have happened in between. 

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws because I don't like the idea of the tonal shift in the show that I think could result from Sam becoming a bitter, grieving, guilt-ridden widower, who lost his wife as a direct result of his work for NCIS.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

52 minutes ago, mtmjr said:

Okay, so I'm just gonna throw this out there. Does anyone think that there's any possibility that the ending of "Uncaged" was not exactly what it appeared to be?

In other words, is there any chance that Michelle is not actually dead? I can't decide if it's just wishful thinking on my part, or if there's any basis in the episode to think it.

If she isn't dead, that's the worst episode I've ever seen, and I would never watch the show again, but you're completely wrong. Military isn't a hack and he wouldn't treat so serious and emotional a subject by faking it. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, mtmjr said:

In other words, is there any chance that Michelle is not actually dead? I can't decide if it's just wishful thinking on my part, or if there's any basis in the episode to think it. I mean, we cut from Kensi and Deeks finding her to Sam reaching the scene, and theoretically undercover spy stuff could have happened in between. 

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws because I don't like the idea of the tonal shift in the show that I think could result from Sam becoming a bitter, grieving, guilt-ridden widower, who lost his wife as a direct result of his work for NCIS.

I was thinking the same thing! That they are faking her death, to that Tahir thinks he won and gets sloppy, allowing him to be killed in the recapture attempt. But the promo also shows a scene with Michelle on the table in a morgue so I'm not sure what to think.

It wouldn't be the first time something like that was done. Season 5 started with Michelle "shooting and killing" both Sam and Deeks to convince Sidarov she was truly on his side.

I just keep coming back to what you said about how this changes Sam. If his job cost him his wife, there is no way he wouldn't quit. I just can't see him staying.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, mtmjr said:

I don't think you're grasping at straws; I think you're making too many assumptions. You don't know what emotional direction Sam will take: he has his children, his faith, Callen, his NCIS family, and his SEAL family. He has a support system.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I just keep coming back to what you said about how this changes Sam. If his job cost him his wife, there is no way he wouldn't quit. I just can't see him staying.

That seems so unlikely. Sam is a military man. Deeks has almost lost Kensi twice, but he hasn't quit (although he's talked about it). Sam has a support system. It would be out of character for him to quit IMO. I can see him taking time off to be with his kids and reevaluate his life now, but quit? No.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

It wouldn't be the first time something like that was done. Season 5 started with Michelle "shooting and killing" both Sam and Deeks to convince Sidarov she was truly on his side.

I'll call that, and raise you Sans Voir/Endgame at the end of Season Three and beginning of Season Four!  At the end of Sans Voir, it certainly looked like Callen had smoked Janvier on live television.  And in Endgame, most of the episode was spent playing out a complex but well-constructed plot that relied upon both the bad guys and the audience accepting that it really happened.  Now, I wasn't watching live at the time, so I don't know how Sans Voir played out for the unspoiled, but I imagine it was pretty convincing at the time.  So if you wanted to top that (as a show runner, that is), you'd have to go really, REALLY big!

I agree that Sam is a man of great personal faith and discipline, and has a solid support network, but this is his wife -- whom he adores -- horribly murdered before his eyes for no other reason than because she is his wife, and because of his work for NCIS.  There is no way that wouldn't change him dramatically and forever, and I also have a hard time believing he could just come back to work in a few months and joke around with the guys about "Which super power would you rather have," or Eric's annoying whistles.

Plus, at the end of the day, it just feels more in character for the show if the whole scene is something different than it first appears.  At least, I really hope it is . . . 

Of course, I'm probably wrong, and in denial.  I agree that the scene in the preview which appears to be set in the morgue is hard to reconcile with this theory.  If I have the emotional stamina, maybe I'll go back and re-watch the ep and look for clues, but it made me feel physically uncomfortable to watch the first time, so I don't know.

• Love 1

They are pretty good as misdirection. I remember there was an episode in the 1st season that made it look like Kensi had been legit killed trying to stop a bank robbery.

• Love 2

None of those other episodes that dealt with misdirection had the emotional impact like this one. If this was "faked" it would be making the whole thing inconsequential and emotionally dishonest. It would be like having Kensi's coma and physical struggle all fake just to smoke out the mole.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mtmjr said:

I'll call that, and raise you Sans Voir/Endgame at the end of Season Three and beginning of Season Four!  At the end of Sans Voir, it certainly looked like Callen had smoked Janvier on live television.  And in Endgame, most of the episode was spent playing out a complex but well-constructed plot that relied upon both the bad guys and the audience accepting that it really happened.  Now, I wasn't watching live at the time, so I don't know how Sans Voir played out for the unspoiled, but I imagine it was pretty convincing at the time.  So if you wanted to top that (as a show runner, that is), you'd have to go really, REALLY big!

I agree that Sam is a man of great personal faith and discipline, and has a solid support network, but this is his wife -- whom he adores -- horribly murdered before his eyes for no other reason than because she is his wife, and because of his work for NCIS.  There is no way that wouldn't change him dramatically and forever, and I also have a hard time believing he could just come back to work in a few months and joke around with the guys about "Which super power would you rather have," or Eric's annoying whistles.

If Michelle's death has been faked--and that really is the silliest idea I've heard voiced by several people--there wouldn't have been all the discussion and effort to release Tahir--unless Hetty had been kept in the dark which seems, let's be honest, unlikely.

Also, I don't think anyone's suggested that there won't be significant change in Sam's character as a result of this, or who thinks he's going to come back to work and joke around.

29 minutes ago, 123BP said:

If Michelle's death has been faked--and that really is the silliest idea I've heard voiced by several people--there wouldn't have been all the discussion and effort to release Tahir--unless Hetty had been kept in the dark which seems, let's be honest, unlikely.

Ah, but I'm not suggesting that anything was fake up until the minute that Kensi and Deeks found Michelle.  Up until then, according to my very tentative theory, everything was totally real.  Hetty got Tahir released -- and Nell got them to lose the surveillance -- in a desperate last-ditch effort to save Michelle, which didn't work, since Tahir never gave them her location.

But then, K & D actually found Michelle, and sure she looked unconscious, but we don't know from their reactions that she was dead.  And, as I remember it, we never actually hear anyone say she's dead.  Now I haven't re-watched it, but as far I recall, we don't get a lot of dialogue after that.  Rather we have Sam looking stricken, and driving towards the crime scene, and then reacting to Michelle under a sheet.  So my theory, such as it is, is that there may be some team interaction after the discovery of Michelle, in which it was decided that, for whatever reason, it made sense to stage Michelle's death even if she wasn't really dead.  So the whole team would have been in on it.

As I've said before, it's just a theory pinned on vague hope, but it's not necessarily inconsistent with things the show has done in the past.  And if there's a choice between NCIS: LA Season 9 having Sam as a completely changed, dark, sad character and this theory, then at this point I'm choosing my theory :)

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, mtmjr said:

it's not necessarily inconsistent with things the show has done in the past.

Sorry, but it's very inconsistent with previous episodes that have involved deceptive actions. but it's your theory, so you keep it (BTW, they show her on the slab in the morgue in the previews--but maybe that's part of this whole thing and maybe Sam doesn't even know she's really not dead--won't he be surprised). I will say one other thing: the relationship between Sam and Michelle sure brought out how artificial the relationship between Kensi and Deeks seems to me. They seem more like "brother and sister" than ever after seeing Sam and Michelle.

Edited by ymeagain
(edited)
8 hours ago, mtmjr said:

You look at the promo of 8x24, she's dead on the obituary bed and sam that covers with the sheet.

ensi and Deeks seems to me. They seem more like "brother and sister" than ever after seeing Sam and Michelle.

They actually tired, they have to shut down or stop it. The situation sounds fake just as there are problems.

http://cartermatt.com/253120/ncis-los-angeles-season-8-finale-spoilers-sam-goes-rogue/

Sam goes rogue from the NCIS team and attempts to stop his arch nemesis Tahir Khaled (Anslem Richardson) from ever targeting his family again, on the eighth season finale of NCIS

Edited by centopercento
13 minutes ago, centopercento said:

You look at the promo of 8x24, she's dead on the obituary bed and sam that covers with the sheet.

And this show has never edited together a misleading promo for an episode (except that they do it practically every week -- I remember one promo in Season 6 that made it look like Deeks was garrotting Kensi -- I seriously watched it in slow mo to try and figure it out).  Don't get me wrong, I love that they do that because I HATE when promos give away important plot points. But my point is that the promos often do not tell the whole story.

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, I'm a bad woman and I think Michelle's death solely serves to "bring home" the season. Perhaps Mrs. Ellis got tired, go find out!

I hope to make me understand, damn google transalte: if a component of the team died, it would be very very important. Michelle is important, but only for Sam. With his death, what changes? Nothing.

Sam will become very angry and bad (obviously!) and will seek revenge (obviously!); he will do everything out of the rules (worrying about how many times he has been there to say that it is not) and in the end he will cry like a calf in G's arms; he will continue to bear Shaggy (obviously!) and Kensi, for him, will be less than anything ... as always.
I repeat: what changes? Nothing! Because, of course, Sam will act like Meredith Grey: I have two sons, but you do not see them, and even if the mother is dead, and I should take care of them, I will not. Because I have to be cool in the car with my partner and I always have to tell Shaggy how stupid he is and he does not count anything.

The spoilers have talked about this absurd ending that things will change ... nothing will change: Sam will be desperate but then everything will settle (we can not drag behind the deadly boredom ...), G will stop burning wood, and Shaggy (Martin's stupid twin) will eat mom's lasagna ...

@Ymeagain: Shaggy is not Martin. Do you remember how he was? Now he does not surf anymore, he does not have sex, he's never with his dog... and now he's got a little reddish hair (horrible). Shaggy is not Martin. No, no.

Excuse my English.

Ciao da Roma.

Edited by MaxGentry
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, MaxGentry said:

Perhaps Mrs. Ellis got tired, go find out!

She's on another show, but even if she weren't, she might very well want the freedom to appear in other shows and films without this commitment. Also, tying Sam's character to a character that appears only sporadically limits any stories the writers might want to write involving his wife.

20 minutes ago, MaxGentry said:

The spoilers have talked about this absurd ending that things will change ... nothing will change:

I agree with you that Michelle's death really won't change everything for the team, but you're assuming that Michelle's death is the only significant event that will bring an end to this season. There might very well be some other significant event in the finale (LL said that a cast member makes an exit--I don't remember his exact words--in the finale which is this coming Sunday).

BTW, I hope I understood what you were trying to say. Your English is much better than my Italian.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 1

123BP: Yes, you understand what I meant.
When I translate with google what you write, it's all ok.

I want Martin Deeks to go out. What's he gonna do to him there? He is a cop, and if Production will also change this and make him an agent, then Martin Deeks will not be left: no surf, no sex, no Monty; no cop? Damn!

Ciao.

13 hours ago, 123BP said:

She's on another show, but even if she weren't, she might very well want the freedom to appear in other shows and films without this commitment. Also, tying Sam's character to a character that appears only sporadically limits any stories the writers might want to write involving his wife.

I agree with you that Michelle's death really won't change everything for the team, but you're assuming that Michelle's death is the only significant event that will bring an end to this season. There might very well be some other significant event in the finale (LL said that a cast member makes an exit--I don't remember his exact words--in the finale which is this coming Sunday).

BTW, I hope I understood what you were trying to say. Your English is much better than my Italian.

Henrietta ? For that seen in the episode 8x23 ? And also for the actress's age ?

13 hours ago, 123BP said:

After watching the preview and knowing that they said it was going to be a cliffhanger, my prediction is that multiple team members are injured during this episode, and we won't know who makes it until next season. The latest news on the proposal is that it's happening but with a twist, and I hope the "twist" isn't that one of them is injured (they've had enough to deal with), so maybe they just get right to it and get married (I wouldn't be surprised if Hetty can perform weddings). They can always have a second ceremony later--after everything calms down.

10 hours ago, centopercento said:

I think the surprise is Whiting, and Martin returns to Lapd, which may be the change in the lives of the two....

Maybe the twist is that Kensi--tired of waiting for Deeks to ask her (it's been weeks)--asks him to marry her. I could see that.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, 123BP said:

Maybe the twist is that Kensi--tired of waiting for Deeks to ask her (it's been weeks)--asks him to marry her. I could see that.

Tomorrow,we will know.......good night,in italy is midnight...

Buon divertimento a voi tutti.

1 hour ago, 123BP said:

He's asked her or at least brought up the subject 3 times that I can think of (plus the time when she was in a coma, which I'm not counting), and she's always put him off or changed the subject. He's the one who should be tired of waiting for her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jaybird said:

He's asked her or at least brought up the subject 3 times that I can think of (plus the time when she was in a coma, which I'm not counting), and she's always put him off or changed the subject. He's the one who should be tired of waiting for her. 

Spoiler

I was right about the proposal. hahahaha

22 minutes ago, 123BP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was right about the proposal. hahahaha

Yeah, you and about 10,000 other people. That prediction has been going around fandom since last fall.