Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Pregnancy would be crazy, because they just got done covering up DR's maternity leave. If Kensi's going to get pregnant 1 season later, they might as well have just written the dang thing in in the first place!

9 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I really want to see the full panel but can't find it. Anyone else have better luck?

Yeah, I've been prowling for it too with no luck.  Daniela Ruah said on her Instagram that it should be on Hulu in 3 or 4 days, which may or may not work for those of us stuck outside the US.  I'm hoping it will show up on YouTube as last year's did.

I am thrilled about the early renewal, because that has no doubt allowed them to develop the cliffhanger mentioned above.  Though I love and hate cliffhangers.  Love the tension and fertile ground for fanfic.  Hate five months of suspense and frustration.  It's best when you're watching the show later.  For the Descent/Ascension cliff-hanger, I just got into the show when Season Five was airing, so I didn't have to wait for the cliffhanger's resolution, and those two episodes are awesome when viewed back to back.

I don't really want to see Sam or Densi have "life-changing" experiences.  Sam's life is pretty sweet right now -- seems like any "life-changing experience" is going to be seriously bad.  As for Densi, I suppose that could reference an engagement, though I don't see how that would really count as life-changing, since basically all they need to do at this point is "put a ring on it."  I agree that a pregnancy seems unlikely.  Seems like that would be a waste of a pregnancy storyline that could be used a couple of years from now if Daniela has another child herself.  Given the last cliff-hanger that involved Sam and Deeks, I'm trepidatious :)

On 3/23/2017 at 0:37 PM, anna0852 said:

I wonder what the life changers are for Sam and Kensi/Deeks?

I would think that any "life changes" for Sam would have to do with his family. Maybe they're going to get rid of Michelle--have them divorce, kill her--since the actress is in another show and that must make it difficult to bring her back for guest spots. As for Kensi & Deeks, someone else said ECO is leaving, but I don't believe that. It may be, though, that ECO wants time for other acting gigs--after all, he IS an actor and Deeks is just one character, and none of them are getting any younger--so maybe the role of Deeks will be reduced to give him time. It doesn't seem likely that the "change" would have anything to do with marriage since they're really "married" now--they just haven't gone through the formalities. Someone else said maybe he gets arrested again (the IA investigation), but he's been arrested so many times, that doesn't seem life changing, either. lol

Truthfully, I don't put much stock in these "hints" because early this season Gemmill hinted that Callen and Garrison would be rooming together and it would be like the Odd Couple, but so far, we've never even seen Garrison in Callen's house. With only 6 episodes left, IF they ever room together this season, it's going to be for a very short time. :-D

On 3/23/2017 at 0:37 PM, anna0852 said:

I wonder what the life changers are for Kensi/Deeks?

My initial thoughts (no spoilers, just my speculation)

• Whiting remembers and officially places Deeks under arrest.
  • Because Whiting is awake - Deeks and Kensi don't wait to learn if she remembers and elope to avoid testifying against each other
  • Deeks and Kensi elope, and Director Vance can no longer look the other way. Densi gets split up due to NCIS policy against married couples working together.
  • Deeks and Kensi elope, and LAPD can no longer look the other way. Densi gets split up due to LAPD policy against married couples working together.
  • Deeks quits LAPD and joins NCIS as an agent.
  • Kensi has a medical relapse.
  • Deeks' mom is arrested for selling weed out of his garage.
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2017 at 0:33 PM, 123BP said:

I would think that any "life changes" for Sam would have to do with his family. Maybe they're going to get rid of Michelle--have them divorce, kill her--since the actress is in another show and that must make it difficult to bring her back for guest spots.

Well, I choose to speculate in the other direction, because I think this season has had enough death and misery already.  I think the life change could  be that Michelle has decided to go back to work -- which would make sense if her daughter is really going away to boarding school, and which would be a big adjustment for Sam.  Or else, maybe she is pregnant.  Either way, I don't want Sam's life to be changed in a horrible way, because we've had enough loss this season.  And as for Aunjanue Ellis' show, I haven't watched it but I don't think it's likely to be renewed, so she could be free to play a bigger recurring role if it fit the story.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mtmjr said:

Well, I choose to speculate in the other direction, because I think this season has had enough death and misery already.

I like your thinking. It sounds as if the "life change" for Sam might have nothing to do with the finale (although the Kensi-Deeks relationship is impacted according to the show), so maybe it's something positive. Maybe Aiden joins NCIS; there's nothing that says there can only be four agents. :-D As for the finale, I HOPE it has nothing to do with the IA investigation; that's as old and boring as the mole scenario.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, 123BP said:

I like your thinking. It sounds as if the "life change" for Sam might have nothing to do with the finale (although the Kensi-Deeks relationship is impacted according to the show), so maybe it's something positive. Maybe Aiden joins NCIS; there's nothing that says there can only be four agents. :-D As for the finale, I HOPE it has nothing to do with the IA investigation; that's as old and boring as the mole scenario.

I would love it if Sam's life change is a positive one. I don't have any particular desire to see more of Aiden, but if Michele were to join the team I would be thrilled.  But I'm not holding my breath.

I partially agree with you about the IA storyline. It hasn't gone on nearly as long as the interminable (and still not finished) mole arc, but it is still unfinished in that we don't know exactly what happened when Deeks killed Boyle.  There are so many different interpretations in fandom of what's been said about it that we'll probably need a flashback to get a clear understanding. And even then, there will be different interpretations.

Just saw a tape of PaleyFest panel. What was interesting was that Gemmill said Sam and Callen's lives will change--it wasn't just Sam's life as I've seen and read in some media (Gemmill did say that Kensi and Deeks' relationship would be changed by the finale, so that reporting was accurate). I'm wondering why the focus on Sam by the media when Gemmill's comment wasn't focused on Sam (unless he made additional comments off-camera).

36 minutes ago, 123BP said:

Just saw a tape of PaleyFest panel. What was interesting was that Gemmill said Sam and Callen's lives will change--it wasn't just Sam's life as I've seen and read in some media (Gemmill did say that Kensi and Deeks' relationship would be changed by the finale, so that reporting was accurate). I'm wondering why the focus on Sam by the media when Gemmill's comment wasn't focused on Sam (unless he made additional comments off-camera).

Maybe Sam and Callen are the ones getting engaged! ?

2 hours ago, Jaybird said:

Maybe Sam and Callen are the ones getting engaged!

Maybe the writers really shake things up: Kensi and Deeks split, Kensi and Callen hook up, Deeks returns to LAPD, and Anna hooks up with Sam while they're both on the rebound (so Michelle gets a divorce). And somebody destroys more furniture. ;-D

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 2

Saw a video on Instagram of a scene being filmed for the finale: Callen in gear and Sam in a hoodie and obviously upset. Also, Nell is back in the field. Is she in the field because Sam isn't or maybe because Deeks is back with Whiting over the Boyle killing? Too bad you can't make out the dialogue. It's the same street where Sabatino was filming.

8 hours ago, 123BP said:

Saw a video on Instagram of a scene being filmed for the finale: Callen in gear and Sam in a hoodie and obviously upset. Also, Nell is back in the field. Is she in the field because Sam isn't or maybe because Deeks is back with Whiting over the Boyle killing? Too bad you can't make out the dialogue. It's the same street where Sabatino was filming.

I don't think Deeks is in jail, there was a behind the scenes pic of Deeks in the car (the Audi I think) with Nell.

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Jaybird said:

I don't think Deeks is in jail

Yea, I saw those pics, but I didn't say he was in jail. The scenes with Deeks look as if they were shot on a different street (Hollywood Bl., I think). I thought he might meet with Whiting sometime this episode--I just want this whole IA thing to be over and done with. :-)

Edited by 123BP

Well, Kamran is back for the finale, so something happens to her or maybe MichelleIt must be related to the CIA since Sabatino is also back for that episode. I hope Michelle hasn't betrayed Sam. Another betrayal would be a stretch story wise.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, centopercento said:

I see in Daniela Ruah fans page

The titles of the upcoming episode 8x24 is:"Uncaged".

I think deeks gets out of prison, ends the story of Boyle, but must leave the police and NCIS .... and .... Kensi.

I m sorry...

I think "Uncaged" may refer to Tahir Khaled breaking out of prison. The finale appears to be a two-parter centered on Sam.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jaybird said:

I think "Uncaged" may refer to Tahir Khaled breaking out of prison. The finale appears to be a two-parter centered on Sam.

Him again? I can't see any connection between him and the CIA. Maybe the titles refer to the NCIS team and Sam in particular. (If they're going to bring back a previous nemesis, I'd rather see Janvier.)

On 4/13/2017 at 6:09 PM, centopercento said:

Michelle knows Sabatino and is very friendly with him ,Season 4 ? I do not remember the episode, but Sam slapped Sabatino ...

I had to go back and watch the episode again (Wanted). I think you misread the "friendliness" between Michelle and Sabatino--they greeted each other as old colleagues (there was no suggestion that they were anything more). BTW, Sabatino was really a good guy in that episode--and he made the moves on Kensi and was pretty smooth (got Deeks worried). Kensi and Sabatino would have been an interesting couple (I liked what he said about partners and why he couldn't be hers if they were in a relationship). After watching that episode, I really hope Sabatino is not a bad dude; he's an interesting character and I'd like to see him again in season 9.

Edited by 123BP

Yeah I don't buy Michelle cheating on Sam or them having marriage issues for an instant. Sam values his family above all else. If there were serious issues he'd quit his job before he let anything cost him his family. And I'm wondering if that going to be this years cliffie: Sam's job put his family in danger again (Tahir or something else) and this time he resigns. Is Aunjanue Ellis returning? I know she's busy with Quantico but if another of her kids is in danger, I'd think we'd see her show up. It was awkward enough last season when Aiden's school got attacked.

As far as Sabatino goes, I think he's a nicely grey character and I'd prefer to keep him that way. I know the team thinks he was part of the mole set up but they never proved his involvement one way or the other. 

Where is the info about the last 2 episodes posted?

On 4/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, centopercento said:

I think deeks gets out of prison, ends the story of Boyle, but must leave the police and NCIS .... and .... Kensi.

The first episode of season 9 is titled The Clown Died, and ECO is off the entire first week of filming. Wouldn't it be something if they kill off Deeks to "reset" the show? That would be a shocker!

There are three possibilities for me: Death ,jail,or Kensi answer " no " and he changes his life.....

I think she answers "no, maybe, tomorrow ...."

by by ECO...

ep 8x24: Uncaged........Released from the proposal ?I do not know if it's okay, I'm not English and my English is bad.

Too dishonest to think of the death of MD as the death of a clown !! For me !!

Edited by centopercento
34 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Why is everybody so sure that ECO is leaving?

Yeah, are there sources for any of this info? I'm seeing a lot of wild speculation here. @Samantha84, you're usually a good source. What is the contact status for the main cast? Anyone need to re-up at the end of the season?

29 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Is ECO leaving? Probably not, but the producers say there are big changes coming--and I can't imagine them getting rid of Callen or Sam (or Hetty).  The only reason ECO might leave is to pursue other roles. I mean, COD, LL, and Linda have all been on the big screen and are really done with that part of their careers. ECO's been on the big screen. too, but not really as a lead in a commercially successful film. He is an actor--not actually Deeks--and after 7+ years maybe he just wants to move on (the way Sasha, Cote, and Michael from the original NCIS moved on).

2 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Seems like a lot of baseless speculation from haters. The production calendar shows ECO on vacation this week, something they would certainly not note on their schedule if he were in fact gone for good.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Jaybird said:

Seems like a lot of baseless speculation from haters. The production calendar shows ECO on vacation this week, something they would certainly not note on their schedule if he were in fact gone for good.

The speculation isn't baseless. The word is out that there are going to be changes. Haters? There's nothing about the speculations that makes anyone a "hater." Viewers are just tossing out ideas, and because ECO is the cast member who's been most active in gigs outside of NCISLA for the past few years, he might be the most likely to want a change of scenery (if he left--and that's a BIG if--it would be his choice). No "hating." As for misleading folks using the production calendar, that's not beyond the realm of the possible--especially if they want to keep things secret (after all, they post the calendar to social media).

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 1

TV Line: Matt's Inside Line: (emphasis Daniela's)

Is there any word on whether the NCIS: LA finale this year will have a cliffhanger? —Dee

Sure sounds like it! “Oh my gosh, people will be floored. I’m not kidding,” Daniela Ruah, who plays Kensi, shared with me. “We’ve had edge-of-your-seat moments before, but this is a real big one — and it’s not something that’s going to just be resolved. It’s something that’s going to stick with us for the remainder of the show, until we go off the air. It’s not just a Season 8 thing, it’s something that’s going to be present forever.”

5 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

That sounds like a reproductive mishap.

I just laughed until I cried!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! What a delightful way of phrasing! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. it's like being a "little" pregnant!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

but this is a real big one — and it’s not something that’s going to just be resolved. It’s something that’s going to stick with us for the remainder of the show, until we go off the air. It’s not just a Season 8 thing, it’s something that’s going to be present forever.”

This means nothing. If a character dies or leaves or loses a family member--that will stay with the show forever, so basically, she's told us nothing. It sounds a lot like what they said about the "betrayal," but folks figured it out before the show--and it hasn't mattered that much in the grand scheme of things. Kind of like bringing Callen's dad over hasn't meant a whole lot, either.

Edited by 123BP
1 hour ago, betsyboo said:

I just laughed until I cried!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! What a delightful way of phrasing! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. it's like being a "little" pregnant!

Thanks @betsyboo! I can't take full credit though, got the line from a book last year.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, centopercento said:

Troppo disonesto pensare alla morte del DM come la morte di un clown !! Per me !!

Hi, I write from Roma, Italia. I apologize for my English at once: I do not know... I use translator and I hope you understand what I mean.
I'm not Densi.

Perhaps "the death of a clown" could be understood as the death of "a person" that is worth nothing. I hope the Mole (with the capital M) is Max Gentry. I hope he reveals himself to everyone: Max live, Shaggy dead.

Shaggy he is not Martin Deeks. The original MD lost in the Densi couple (really horrible!) and I would love to find him again.
I would be very happy if Max is the true Martin; He says goodbye to NCIS, Kensi and all that world.

In recent years, I have seen the MD very sad, he becomes Shaggy and become a new character (insignificant and ugly).

I feel sad, of course, but I would prefer dead MD rather than with Kensi.
So yes, I hope Mr. Olsen will leave, so I think that MD is safe, happy and free.

15 hours ago, anna0852 said:

That sounds like a reproductive mishap.

Great turn of phrase :). If that is the case, then I stand by my earlier speculation that it's Michelle who's knocked up. I think that woul be a fun, happy way to end a fairly grim season. I have loved it, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time for some positive surprises.

• Love 2

I don't put any stock in the producers saying there will be changes or Daniela hyping how jaw-dropping the finale is. It's their job to build hype. The producers can't very well say that nothing big or exciting will happen--they used vague language and basically said there would be changes for everyone. Nothing in there makes me think anyone is leaving. ECO has a family to support, and it doesn't seem like his wife works very consistently. Having a good, stable paycheck is the dream for many actors, and ECO has a good situation. And other than LL and maybe Chris, no one on LA has the star power of the major NCIS stars and would be handed a development deal upon deciding to leave. If you follow that shooting schedule, which they post every month, actors go on vacation and have days off all the time. 

On 4/13/2017 at 4:08 PM, 123BP said:

Him again? I can't see any connection between him and the CIA. Maybe the titles refer to the NCIS team and Sam in particular. (If they're going to bring back a previous nemesis, I'd rather see Janvier.)

Wasn't the mole leaking information about Sam's family to Tahir, hence their having to go into protective custody for a large part of last season?

• Love 1

We know it's all about Tahir and that Michelle is kidnapped, and even though Military wrote and directed, I feel a yawn coming on (but I'll be watching). ??? I do wonder if Sabatino turns out to be a good guy and saves Michelle and/or Kam (I can't picture him working with Tahir).

Edited by 123BP
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

The producers can't very well say that nothing big or exciting will happen--they used vague language and basically said there would be changes for everyone. Nothing in there makes me think anyone is leaving. 

They need to make some changes--some drastic changes--to breathe new life into the show. They might lose some old viewers (and not referring to age) but gain some new ones. Then again, they might just gain viewers. 

3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Wasn't the mole leaking information about Sam's family to Tahir, hence their having to go into protective custody for a large part of last season?

Yeah, that's how I remember it.  The mole was leaking, or more likely selling, info to Tahir to let him get to Sam.  As recurring villains go, I like Tahir fine.  He's got backstory, and he's a vicious, genocidal, displaced war-lord with a big-ass personal grudge.  Obviously they kept him alive in "Talion" for just this purpose.  I would certainly prefer the return of Javier, just because he's so all-out awesome and creepy.  I hear him saying "Agent Callen" in his thick French accent in my dreams :)  But I imagine Christopher Lambert is a hard act to book.

21 hours ago, 123BP said:

I'm glad it's written/directed by Military, but to be honest, I'm tired of seeing the same old bad guys from seasons past.

I disagree.  I like it when the villains have backstory and a legitimate reason to target the team.  And I like the actor who plays Tahir.  

And knowing that it's a Military ep actually makes me quite excited.  It's not something I obsess on, but if I look back on my favourite eps, a lot of them are from him.  My favourite characters are Deeks and Sam, and I suspect that those are Frank Military's favourites too, because his eps always seem to bring out the best in both of them.

Edited by mtmjr
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, mtmjr said:

My favourite characters are Deeks and Sam, and I suspect that those are Frank Military's favourites too, because his eps always seem to bring out the best in both of them.

I don't know how you can say that. Military spreads the wealth around (Rage and The Seventh Child plus Crazy Train this season). I don't think he shows any favoritism to any of the characters. But like any writer, he's had some real lemons: Ascension (the killing of Sidorov was so unbelievable it made me laugh) and An Unlocked Mind (a "cult" expose? really?). But he also has a sense of humor which he doesn't often show: Black Budget was all around fun.

On 4/18/2017 at 4:31 PM, mtmjr said:

I like Tahir fine.  He's got backstory, and he's a vicious, genocidal, displaced war-lord with a big-ass personal grudge.  

I like the actor but the character is too unbelievable IMO. The guy's power base is in Africa. He's going to go after an NCIS agent in America because of his sister? Don't buy it. Besides, isn't he wanted by the World Court for crimes against humanity? Why would he still be in the US? That charge would have more weight than what happened at the military school. That's why I like bad dudes like Janvier and Sidorov--they're arms dealers who don't have loyalty to anybody or any country--and terrorists. If Khalid was going after Sam, he'd send somebody not do it himself. That be like Idi Amin going after Sam--not gonna happen--because these guys don't do their own dirty work. I know the stories are farfetched anyways, but when they get this farfetched, the story suffers (like that whole mole story--that was junk).

On 4/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, Jillibean said:

I don't put any stock in the producers saying there will be changes or Daniela hyping how jaw-dropping the finale is. It's their job to build hype.

True. Even the press releases aren't accurate. For Payback they said an NCIS agent was gonna be tortured. Unless wheeling Kensi around in a wheelchair is now considered torture, that didn't happen. Can't stand hype. Just write decent stories and forget the BS.