Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Scratch and Grain, Bottle Bright, Vestpakz, EvRewares

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

^^^ That's exactly what I found odd. Why not counter with retaining a small percentage or with one of Kevin's patented royalty deals? 

Hell keep 1%, frame the agreement, and use the phrase "I am business partners with Mark Cuban" as something interesting to talk about at parties. 

• Love 3

But even if ingredients cost you $20-$25, you'd spend almost $40 on a box mix for the added convenience or to avoid leftover ingredients?  I think the market for that is tiny.  

The box is $7.99 at Sur La Table.  Yes, I do think it's a small market. It's definitely niche.  Unless they can come up with other ancillary products, it's never going to be a big business.Here's an article where Barbara talks about the filming of this :http://www.businessinsider.com/scratch-and-grain-on-shark-tank-2015-1

If there's one place people will spend $5 on stickers, it's at a sports stadium. I think that's what Mark was after, not necessarily the cheesy tie design. Too bad (for them) they apparently backed out.

• Love 1

If there's one place people will spend $5 on stickers, it's at a sports stadium. I think that's what Mark was after, not necessarily the cheesy tie design. Too bad (for them) they apparently backed out.

Mark did invest in GameFace, the facepaint sticker company.  So that immediately came to mind as some kind of synergy he might be hoping to leverage.  

The sticky tie stuff - I can see where a suburban mom from NC would come up with that as a needed product - because as another suburban mom from NC, I see my neighborhood acquaintances making these hideous iron-on giant ties for their boys that match scratch-made boutique dresses that their girls wear. I cannot count the number of giant ugly iron-on ties I've seen on Facebook. So I can see where they would see a market for that, but I think it's a niche market for sure. 

The sticky tie stuff - I can see where a suburban mom from NC would come up with that as a needed product - because as another suburban mom from NC, I see my neighborhood acquaintances making these hideous iron-on giant ties for their boys that match scratch-made boutique dresses that their girls wear. I cannot count the number of giant ugly iron-on ties I've seen on Facebook.

Ay yi yi. Now you made me look up "iron-on tie appliques". Most of those seem to be for babies/children, though. Out of morbid curiosity, if the girl and boy want to match their prom clothing and the girl's dress is custom made, why not make a regular tie out of the same fabric?

Edited by lordonia

Ay yi yi. Now you made me look up "iron-on tie appliques". Most of those seem to be for babies/children, though. Out of morbid curiosity, if the girl and boy want to match their prom clothing and the girl's dress is custom made, why not make a regular tie out of the same fabric?

Oh no - I am sorry, I was not clear - I am definitely referring to children. I will post an example:  http://fancyfrugallife.com/disney-inspired-handmade-fashion-our-magical-trip/

If you scroll down you'll see the kids in matching outfits - the boy child wearing an iron-on tie to match sister's dress.

I have yet to witness anyone wearing this style to prom, though I do not put it past some families in my neighborhood! ;-)

Good Morning America just offered the cookie mixes at $20 (half price) plus $7 shipping for a set of 5 (one day only, so if you're not reading this on 2/5, you're out of luck.) Each mix makes 9-12 cookies, so $27 for 45-60 cookies and you still have to add your own butter (butter is not cheap) and eggs. I guess at half price that's not terrible if you're bound and determined to bake, but at full price it's a niche market for sure.