Type keyword(s) to search

The Crazy Ones - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Crazy Ones is on Netflix, so I rewatched the entire season.  I still can't believe how good this show was.  I was never a fan of Robin Williams (respectfully, RIP), but he was perfect on this show.  He reined in his manic side, and he didn't overwhelm the other actors/supporting cast.

I watched the latest episode of Hawaii 5-0 to watch Amanda Setton.  She's wasted on that show.  She shined on The Crazy Ones.  I miss how pretty she and James Wolk are.

• Love 1

This was one of the few shows that I would rewatch scenes an laugh all over again.  It goes into my pantheon  of great shows that people didn't appreciate along with The Middle Man and Wonder Falls. 

Loved this show and didn't realize it was on Netflix.  Just watched the "Sydney, Australia" ep which is still hilarious in a bittersweet way.  

She shined on The Crazy Ones.  I miss how pretty she and James Wolk are.

Everyone was good but I agree, her timing was terrific and she had great, goofy facial expressions.  They all really clicked together.

From the episode:

"Murder beats, not people Danny"

"The important thing to remember is that I am mostly free of blame"

"I don't have to pee anymore" "I always wondered where it goes when that happens"

The gang grooving on the Sydney stalker song.

And of course the outtakes!

"Sydney, Australia" was my favorite episode. Everything was just perfect here: Zach's mancrush on Danny, Josh Groban as Danny, Sidney's awkwardness, the way the young people jelled and played off each other. Even the songs were good, especially the song at the end.

• Love 1

I rewatched Zach Mitzvah. 

Lauren: Is she half-cheetah?  Am I half-cheetah? 

I love Sydney, Australia, but my favorite episode might be 16 Inch Softball.  But every episode is gold. 

This was one of the few shows that I would rewatch scenes an laugh all over again.  It goes into my pantheon  of great shows that people didn't appreciate along with The Middle Man and Wonder Falls.

I agree.  I can't believe that this show only has 22 episodes.  It got better as the season progressed. 

Add Enlisted and Don't Trust the B in Apt 23.

"The 16" Softball" is definitely one of my favorites -- funny because they clearly lifted the premise straight out of Robin Williams' stand up material.

I was also a big fan of "Dead and Improved" and "Models Love Magic." 

All in all, this was a charming show. I wish it had earned a second season on its own merits, even if that would have never come to pass regardless. 

I just watched Hugging the Now.  I totally forgot this is the one where Andrew said "The first rule of snowglobe is there is no talking in snowglobe".

That may be my favorite line ever in any show.

I missed this the first time around, but just saw it the other day. Damn, I loved this show and episodes like this one are why.

Josh Groban needs to randomly be awesome in odd, recurring character parts. He has a great sense of humor, as does Mr. Paisley.

The office antics are always pretty fun, but Sydney warning Zach off was great. Lauren and Sydney's surprise at Andrew was fun, even if a little predictable.

Still, I'm glad we got what we did. Now, I need to find some BBQ... .

On 5/1/2016 at 3:47 PM, Actionmage said:

I missed this the first time around, but just saw it the other day. Damn, I loved this show and episodes like this one are why.

Josh Groban needs to randomly be awesome in odd, recurring character parts. He has a great sense of humor, as does Mr. Paisley.

The office antics are always pretty fun, but Sydney warning Zach off was great. Lauren and Sydney's surprise at Andrew was fun, even if a little predictable.

Still, I'm glad we got what we did. Now, I need to find some BBQ... .

I thought this was a much stronger, funnier show than many gave it credit for. Yes, it had some weak spots and yes, the pilot was actually terrible compared to the rest of the show.  Critics rightfully flamed it based on that pilot alone, but this episode with Groban and Paisley was fantastic.  (As was Groban's other, earlier appearance in "Sydney.")  For producing such consistently lame music, he's actually very funny. 

• Love 1

I loved this show when it was on, and just found that it's on Netflix so I started a rewatch last night. Such a shame that it wasn't given a fair chance based solely on the pilot.

Edited by ddiced35
  • Love 1

I like comedy shows without a laugh track because you can fit more dialogues and jokes in and the timing is better suited to the jokes because you don't have to wait for the audience to stop laughing.  There are shows where the live audience actually makes the show funnier, but for The Crazy Ones, the characters needed to be able to bounce off each other quickly.  I like characters who have known each other for a long time and understand little quirks about each other.

I was a fan of Robin Williams for a long time (will always remember Mr Keating from The Dead Poets' Society) and was really saddened by his death.  What a loss for all of us :(