Type keyword(s) to search

Sig Hansen

I really want Sig to do well, but I suspect he's a little out of his element.   I doubt he has very many deep pocket "sponsors" at the ready, although he does have a large and devoted fanbase.  He might just surprise me, though.  He certainly acquitted himself well when he did his first stint on ShopHQ representing for Alaskan seafood & stuff a while ago. 

He can yell at anyone who annoys me; but especially Geraldo.  Wouldn't it be marvelous if he took Trump down a notch, too?!

• Love 5

I just noticed he's playing for the Coast Guard.  He didn't just pull that out of a hat - I'm guessing he did some preliminary leg work and can contact the Coast Guard for help (even in the game!)  Have them drop leaflets from a helicopter or something!  

• Love 2

I think he's a good businessman -- in HIS business.  Getting licenses, bureaucratic stuff, etc.  He seemed to be keeping pretty meticulous records when the Coast Guard boarded/inspected (Jake was keeping them, but who taught HIM?)

Whether that translates to being able to write a song for a laundry detergent commercial or build a float for a parade or whatever else they might have to do, I have no clue! 

• Love 2

You think?  Maybe one on one... but it seems like the whole team thinks Geraldo's a jerk (or worse) and I can also see Sig sharing a few hometruths about being a bottom feeder (pun intended!)

They have contact with loved ones at home, so even if they didn't know who their teammates/opponents were before they arrived, wouldn't their families be feeding them info?  If Geraldo pulled out his "I've been in war" card I'd want my husband/sister/friend to be armed with "yeah, and they kicked you out in disgrace for giving away troop positions."

Leeza and Ian are the only ones I think might be old enough (and smart enough) to have retained some memory of that event.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2

I'm curious what the team thinks of Sig, because what we have been shown borders on complete absence. And yet, no one says Sig isn't carrying his weight. Sig clearly is lying low, but I suspect he will bust out in a big way soon.

• Love 3

Never heard of him - he's unknown in the UK. And so far it doesn't see that he's contributed a lot.

You Tube:  "Deadliest Catch Northwestern"  be prepared for a lot of bleeping but Sig is (IMHO) one of the best captains.  If you want to have fun add "UFO" to the search and look for videos with names like best prank or flying lanterns.  One of the other boats, Time Bandit, sent lanterns under balloons into the air at night toward Sig's boat, I think for a minute or so he really did think he was seeing some sort of UFO.

I'm watching this season mostly because Sig's on it but after last night I did wonder what he's doing.  It's got to be strategy because he's solid in the middle of the pack, never at the bottom and called out as the least productive, never at the top and pointed to as the star helper.  He must be bringing in some money to not be told he got the least donations.  And despite what Geraldo says about his own voice over ability getting Mike Rowe to narrate that commercial was brilliant.  But at some point he has to step up and lead, he can't ride it this way to the end because when it gets down to five or so people if he's still under the radar he's not going to have any wins or special achievements he can use to save himself when there aren't enough  people to hide behind.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 3

Sig has lasting a very long time without being discussed much at all in the boardroom, given his output. I wonder if the other apprentices like him, or are intimidated by him?

Sig has a lot of experience yelling at people (especially his brother Edgar, LOL) but I doubt if it'll go over well with a bunch of celebrities who probably think Sig is just some fisherman who doesn't even belong on the show.  But at least Sig is a reality show star who has had an actual job.

You called it.  Lorenzo was rather snobby when he dismissed Sig's filming suggestion as coming from "a fisherman"  As Sig pointed out in a talking head he had 10 years of experience dealing with those cameras in all sorts of conditions.  They can say al they want but Sig is a self made multi millionaire CEO of his own business.  He adapted to the changing world and has branched out expanding his business.  He may not be well educated but he is no dummy.  He is way too blue collar to ever win this thing (thank goodness) but he hasn't embarrassed himself unlike some others on the show.

• Love 5

Read an interesting post-eviction interview with Sig -- he really wanted the wedding dress challenge, because he had major money donors lined up.  Unfortunately something happened, so they all agreed Kate (?) should take it.  Which is weird, because we "see" them pick the PM live on tv, but then again... maybe we don't and they work it out before they do the scene with the exec?

He says the Hooters thing came about because they were going to have a big crab feast on the boat (which fits with his theme).  The crab couldn't be overnighted in time from the west coast, so he had to figure out where to get some, so he contacted his contact at Hooters, who provided the crab and asked if there was anything else they could do.  They had already contributed $ to a previous task for him.  So they brought up the serving girls, and he agreed.  But on the show, we see him propose it, and I don't recall them ever mentioning the crab tie-in at all.  And we keep seeing the "well, sex sells" as if that was his go-to point, and in fact, it was a crab feast they were selling, with the girls thrown in as an afterthought.  But aired as if that was his actual theme.  

Very interesting.  

• Love 3