Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

It's not like this is some kind of gospel I'm writing here.  This is just some fun speculation.

Metatron wants power and vengeance. Sam shot him, Dean tortured him and Cas won in the Angel War. IMO that's reason enough for him to do it. 

By illusion, I mean like an avatar.  In the Executioner's Song, Crowley used a spell that conjured a nearly perfect illusion/avatar of the little boy who had a basketball that actually bounced. It wasn't until Cain stabbed him and he went poof that it was realized he wasn't actually a real boy. Why couldn't Metatron use the same kind of spell?

To be fair, we don't know everything that's ever been in the demon tablet or the angel tablet. Think of the myriad things that the show never hinted at but they've pulled out of their ass and did it anyway or canon that they've outright overthrown to do something they want to do, like killing Death when it was said back in s1 that you can't kill Death.

Death just giving over his own GIANT scythe seems dubious because Death is smarter than that. He's smarter than to trust Dean Winchester that much knowing what he does about the boys relationship. To me the threat by Death that if he doesn't kill Sam that Death will, seemed IMO totally OOC for Death. IMO, Death would have just smited Sam himself if he was that worried about Sam.

Metatron was really pushing Dean to go further Dark Side in the Hunger Games, so what better torment for Dean than to kill Sammy?  Then once Dean has killed Sam, Metatron (after being powered back up or using demon power) sends Dean somewhere else.  And it would really fuck with Dean's head by making him kill his brother. That would seem like something Metatron would get off on doing.

When was it said that all the angels were back in Heaven? I really don't remember that being discussed. But regardless, Marvatron had a backup plan that took him and Cas to that library where he had Cas' grace hidden. He underestimated that Cas would figure it out. I would think he has other backup plans too.  Do I know what they are? No, but he seems to always have a plan.

I'm sure I'll be wrong on all of it but it's fun to think about anyway.  YMMV and all that.

Edited by catrox14

Bummer. I hadn't thought of the implications of a real, palpable scythe. Damn. That does kind of put the "it was an illusion by Metatron" thing to rest.

Although...

It could have been Metadouche playing with their heads. In which case, everything they experienced would have been faked--even Dean's summoning.

Hummina hummina hummina...

• Love 1

When was it said that all the angels were back in Heaven? I really don't remember that being discussed. 

It wasn't.  That was Hannah's mission at the beginning of the season -- most had returned to Heaven, but she was rounding up the stragglers.  That's why I said I thought, not that the show said.

By illusion, I mean like an avatar.  In the Executioner's Song, Crowley used a spell that conjured a nearly perfect illusion/avatar of the little boy who had a basketball that actually bounced. It wasn't until Cain stabbed him and he went poof that it was realized he wasn't actually a real boy. Why couldn't Metatron use the same kind of spell?

Anything is possible.  Metatron might have created an illusion of Gabriel in Meta Fiction; they left it intentionally ambiguous.  In any case, I find it difficult to believe that the show would pull a "gotcha" like that for the season finale.  "Hey, we totally freaked you out for 4 months, but it was a fake!"  Not good storytelling, IMO.  (ETA  Plus, as Ditty pointed out, Dean summoned Death.  Why would his spell have not worked?)

It's not like this is some kind of gospel I'm writing here.  This is just some fun speculation.

And if I disagree, I'm going to tell you why.  This is a discussion board, after all.

Edited by Demented Daisy

http://tvline.com/2015/09/04/walking-dead-negan-season-6-spoilers-glenn-casting/

Question: Supernatural scoop, please! —Shirin

Ausiello: Remember how executive producer Jeremy Carver teased at Comic-Con that some fan favorite characters will return in Season 11 (premiering Oct. 7), and in surprising ways? It sounds like their reappearance could be tied to the new Big Bad. “As responsible as the boys feel for having released The Darkness and how much they personally want to defeat it, they’re not going to be able to do it alone,” the EP tells TVLine. “They’re going to have to confront some figures from their past. They’re going to have to make some unexpected and unholy alliances involving folks from their past, which will have personal ramifications, as well. Because these are some pretty significant figures from their past.”

Emphasis mine.  Let the games begin!

One easy answer is Metatron. Though I don`t see what the big bruhaha would be about allying with him. It`s no different than the six million times they did the same with Crowley.

The other big suspect for me is Lucifer who I`m sure will be back in some form and have the connection with Sam be explored again.

For Dean, I don`t really see an important evil figure from his past that would fit the bill. Some "friendly faces", sure but Carver speaks of unholy alliances and such wich implies old enemies rather than dead family or friends.      

From the same article (posted because it makes me giggle, not because it's actually related to SPN, unless....):

♦ I bear good news for Once Upon a Time fans hoping that the introduction of Merida (played by Amy Manson) means we’ll at some point meet her royal ‘rents. This season’s ninth episode will introduce  Queen Elinor and King Fergus.

Okay? I never implied, inferred or what have you to the contrary.

You asserted your right to speculate, I asserted my right to disagree.

Is it just me, or does that sounds kind of... full circle

Honestly, I`m getting the feeling Season 11 is gonna be a rehash of Season 7. When Death introduced the Leviathans, he gave a little spiel on how they were created first, only were so horrible and dangerous they get banished to another dimensions. As the Season-long villains, they were personified as some guys in suits with corporate plans. Meanwhile, Sam got Lucifer-hallucinations. Dean was kinda there. Cas was occasionally around.

Fast forward to now. Death gave an introductiary exposition on the Darkness. She is gonna be personified as some hot chick with as-of-yet-unknown plans. Meanwhile, Sam will have visions again. From spoilers I find it likely they will connect back to Lucifer. Dean will be kinda there. Cas will also be occasionally around.

If Carver follows the broad strokes, the next Season he would have to redo would be his own so who knows.      

What if the Darkness being let out also lets the monsters out of Purgatory?

An unholy alliance with the worst of the worst? Dick Roman. I would be pretty happy if he came back.

Other monsters

Alpha Vamp

Eve

The Phoenix

Gordon

Lenore

Amy

Vampires they've killed

Hmmm that could be fun.

You asserted your right to speculate, I asserted my right to disagre

Huh? I wasn't intending for that to be an assertion of anything. Everyone is free to post what they like.  I was trying to make it clear that for MY PART this is all in good fun, lest anyone be left with an impression that I think this is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Because I don't. 

Friendly debate is fun.

Edited by catrox14

Gordon could be a minor one. Amy, well, I`f rather not dredge that back up. Though it would fit into a redo of Season 7. Blech.

I just have a hard time thinking of characters that would be emotionally significant enough to have personal ramifications. Especially for Dean. I highly doubt he even has much of a reaction to Metatron beyond hating him on general principle. But I don`t think it`s personal even though the guy killed him.

Of course Carver isn`t actually very eloquent nor does what he says usually materialize on screen so this could just mean some old characters come back that just haven`t much of a personal impact.  

I do miss script sides. Back when they were available, they could spoil entire plots. Ava being evil in AHBL Part 1? Spoiled in the sides. In the Lazarus Rising sides, it had Dean say "you are AN demon" to Castiel as an obvious attempt to disguise that there had been another word there after an that was exchanged for "demon", I knew right away the actual script said "angel". Droves of people picked up on this and were spoiled for the twist. Still remains my fave ep ever.

At least if I had sides, I could get a feel on how bad it really is and then it`s easier to watch the ep weeks later when anger and resentment have left and only blankness remains.

Edited by Aeryn13

The only characters I can think of that would be that personal to Dean and Sam would be John and Mary. For Dean specifically it would be Lisa and Ben because everyone else they've largely dealt with.  I've been wondering about that since reading these little nuggets about their past choices. 

Dean did a highly questionable thing by having Cas mind-wipe them. I wouldn't put it past Carver to bring them back to put Dean through some emotional wringer about what a piece of shit he is for doing that because well that's what it ends up being with Dean 9 times out of 10.

It would be really sad if John came back as a enemy to Dean when he's been wanting him back to help them not tell them how wrong they are or be an enemy to them.  Now if it were demon!Dean and John was hunting him that would be a different thing, but not now that Dean is not a demon.

Edited by catrox14

I just have a hard time thinking of characters that would be emotionally significant enough to have personal ramifications. Especially for Dean. I highly doubt he even has much of a reaction to Metatron beyond hating him on general principle. But I don`t think it`s personal even though the guy killed him.

Azazel or anyone involved in the Apocalypse-that-wasn't?  Maybe Zachariah or Raphael?

I don't think we'll see any of their human allies or enemies, unless they learned some serious shit after they died.  Demonic or angelic, sure, kind of makes sense.  Maybe even some witches.  Someone mentioned the Alpha Vamp and I wouldn't mind seeing him.  He could have intel.

Anyone but Grampa Cambell, please.  I've had enough of his extensive knowledge, thank you.

• Love 2

I don`t think any figures for Dean specifically come back to be honest. Some dead characters will apparently be seen in Sam`s visions. Jared teased about one being a family member. Not sure if that means they`ll interact with him, probably. But since it`s Sam`s visions, there won`t really be interaction with Dean.

Dean won`t have any visons or premonitions or anything of his own so he is kept to interacting with characters that are currently still around. I mean, I`m sure he`ll interact with this Amara at some point but I`m kinda dreading it already because if she acts like a Becky and drools all over Sam (even in an evil way) while looking down on Dean as someone old and unattractive, that will already be a huge bust for me.  

Maybe some characters will get resurrected but again my money would be on Lucifer who is a Sam-character.  

I could see the boys having to open the cage to let out Lucifer in order to get Michael and go against the Darkness and maybe Adam comes back as one pissed off little brother than would side with whoever is against Sam and Dean. That might be interesting. .

Could the Mark have gone to Adam in the Cage? 

I'll be pretty annoyed if Dean doesn't have anything to do with the Darkness at all.  I can't fathom that he'll just be free and clear of the Mark without having some kind of residual affect.

Alpha Vamp

Oh catrox, you've read my mind! That is one smooth, sexy man!!

Yeah, I'm shallow.

Adam has had me so frustrated it drives me nuts. Almost as much as Jessie.

Edited by Mick Lady
  • Love 1

Spoiler barring for s11 spoilers from the sneak peek.

I KNEW IT! ZOMBIES! Walking dead/undead! Jared you spoiled the zombies. I knew he did! Which IMO means he spoiled the vessel thing too. On the down side, Cas is on his own again :(. Please stop making him be away from the boys :(

Also, I am internet hugging you tight, Omegamom! Ahhhhh!

Thank you!!!

ETA removed spoiler tags since y'all are openly discussing it. Wasn't sure of the protocol since it wasn't something technically available to everyone.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Richard would need to shave for a Civil War movie. It's not as though men didn't shave in back then, too. But I also wouldn't at all be surprised if he was one of the returnees.

Also, on that sneak peak, did anyone else notice the Alpha Vamp's virgin in a police uniform? Hmmm?

Didn't a sneak peek like this get released last year, too, and then quickly taken down? Interesting. Doesn't seem like there's much there that we hadn't already figured out from the finale, but still nice to finally get SOMETHING!

It's not called DEFCON anymore, it's called ThreatCon, but anyway....

Why would he need to shave to direct? ;-)

Directing is not why he's shaving IMO. I was placing the timing of his shaving relative to known commitments. To some extent, between directing and Dallas Con, I'm surprised that he'd have any non -SPN work between now and then.

I'm teasing.  I'd love it if he came back as Gabriel, to help the boys with the Darkness (since I assume he was one of the archangels that helped God lock it away), but if I was seriously suggesting that he's coming back, I'd flat out say so.

That being said, with this show, these days, anything is possible.

I'm teasing.  I'd love it if he came back as Gabriel, to help the boys with the Darkness (since I assume he was one of the archangels that helped God lock it away), but if I was seriously suggesting that he's coming back, I'd flat out say so.

That being said, with this show, these days, anything is possible.

Doh.  Insufficient caffeine to pick up on the subtleties. 

BTW, DEFCON still exists.  We still have all the same infrastructure for War (up to Nuclear War, which DEFCON was designed for).  The THREATCON is the threat condition and has more to do with individual bases than the commands.  What level of threat is a particular area at.  For example, there was a West Coast base that had a credible, non-terrorist threat a few months back.  The THREATCON was raised, for that base, and then lowered once resolved.  We don't actually budge off of DEFCON 5 for much.  Because DEFCON, while attached to individual command elements, is a direction from the Joint Chiefs. 

Onto the SNEAK PEAK!  Yes, THANK YOU OMEGAMOM for the tip-off.  If you want to see it, you have to buy the Full Season Pass for S11 on iTunes.  I can't believe (based on the release dates and the reviews) that this thing has been out for DAYS and no one has comment on it on Twitter!?  Am confused.

Now let me go into full-on SPOILER JOY Mode.  Note: It's on iTunes, it's fair game.  If too many details bother you ... don't read my posts because I'm holding nothing back.

EP 11.01 Title is : "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire"

Here's what our "affected" people look like

8kxlw5q.png

So (say it' in a Cliff Claven voice...just for fun):

- 'ya got your basic black veined "infected with badness" indicators

- mob mentality - Sam is NOT black veined so they go after him

- looks pretty Zombie Apocalypse (and Jensen SAYS it kind of feels like a good old fashion Zombie movie)

BUT:

- I don't think they are Zombies.  Look at their eyes. They aren't mindless.

- The picture we have of the man with the baby - he's not zombie-fied.  Now in this clip in one scene he's got the black veins.  Not sure of timing.  Maybe the veins are CGI'd in later ... but why put it out there in a picture WITHOUT?

Other:

- I like Dean's "We Made a Promise." "We Did This."  I suspect that they agreed to face whatever happened TOGETHER.  And it's tested right away.

- Dean didn't react to the sheriff like he knew her.  I think it's actor reuse vice Alpha Vamp re-involvement.  I immediately recognized her as well (it's the eyes, they are very memorable) but they have to recycle actors.  They went a little darker on her hair.  I think maybe they should have tried blond instead so she looked distinctly different.  Ah well -- 11 years, they recycle a lot. 

- Ahhh Mark... They are SO undermining Sheppard trolling regarding Crowley being dead.  Carver: "we have to assume Crowley managed to find a way to survive the attack by Castiel"

- Cas is semi-functional in Beast mode.  That's interesting.  His "why would we talk about the darkness" indicates that it's a localized phenomenon IMO.  It'll spread and settle down into Amara but I don't think they will have walking dead all year.

- Sam's imaginary friend.  I'll be interested in their take.

- Lizzie Bordon house - that looks interesting too IMO.

Other bits to note:
- Andrew Dabb talking.  Is he the new head writer? 

- Eugenia has gone green. I kinda like it.

I can't wait.

- It's also clear they filmed this while filming EP1. 

Jaded comment: Arrow fans get a free trailer.  Loyal SPN fans get to PAY for the sneak peek.  Yes, they know us.

Edited by SueB

What if they aren't actual zombies, but Cass is infecting people as he goes? 

ETA: Just was pointing out it was the same actress, didn't really think the Alpha Vamp's virgin would be a cop. But you never really know when it comes to this show, do ya?

• Love 1

BTW, DEFCON still exists.  We still have all the same infrastructure for War (up to Nuclear War, which DEFCON was designed for).  The THREATCON is the threat condition and has more to do with individual bases than the commands.  What level of threat is a particular area at.  For example, there was a West Coast base that had a credible, non-terrorist threat a few months back.  The THREATCON was raised, for that base, and then lowered once resolved.  We don't actually budge off of DEFCON 5 for much.  Because DEFCON, while attached to individual command elements, is a direction from the Joint Chiefs. 

Yes, I am aware, as my husband works for the general of a very large command.  In any case, I was referring to the fact that it isn't used in the general sense.  It's been broken down into so many different CONs (Threat, Force Protection, etc.) that it's rarely referred to.  You used to pull up to the gate and see the DEFCON level; I don't think I've seen that since 9/11, but my memory is not what it used to be.  

- Cas is semi-functional in Beast mode.  That's interesting.  His "why would we talk about the darkness" indicates that it's a localized phenomenon IMO.  

Hmm.  Based on other spoilers, I assumed it was because he doesn't believe it even exists.  That Dean's first impulse is to call the only angel he trusts and ask for info because he assumes that Cas would know about it.

His "why would we talk about the darkness" indicates that it's a localized phenomenon IMO.  It'll spread and settle down into Amara but I don't think they will have walking dead all year.

Yeah, I think that seems likely too... they seem to be treating almost like an infectious pandemic, originally localized around where the boys were located.  Now the boys have to figure out how to contain it, keep it from spreading until they can figure out how to stop it.  If that's the framework they've decided on, I think it's a cool move.  Zombie-ish, but with a hive mentality? (so, maybe like a Borg/Zombie hybrid?), but with a distinct biblical SPN twist.  

• Love 1

Zombie-ish, but with a hive mentality? (so, maybe like a Borg/Zombie hybrid?), but with a distinct biblical SPN twist.  

Oh I hope so.  That would be really cool IMO.

FYI, the iTunes "Cover":

GjGNrXr.jpg

S4/5 pictures. Sigh.  But the S10 iTunes cover is not the S10 poster.  Still, I don't think we got any new promo shots this year. 

So what's up with Crowley's red eyes at about the 02.31 mark?  (sorry I don't know how to capture shots.)  It's about halfway through the clip.

That was from when Sam tried to kill him with Rowena's hex bag.  Remember the red blood and smoke came out a bit.  Then his eyes went all red?  Mark Sheppard said at MinnCon that this was a SIGNIFICANT moment.  Since they are playing it up in the sneak peek, I'd say he wasn't lying about that one.

SueB it's not technically zombies just like walking dead and 28 days later are not zombies in the manner of being controlled by other things as far as we know. But they are apparently walking dead or undead. I wonder if the Croatoan virus will reappear.

Also, the Darkness could be controlling them.

But mostly my point was that Jared flat-out spoiled this twice! Blabber mouth he is. Lol. At least Jensen is more cagey in his spoiling.

To the use of DEFCON VS THREATCON. As a civilian I wouldn't know the difference. I don't think it really matters. DEFCON IMO is more well known in pop culture so they went with that and it's just to communicate that things are really really bad.

I'm more disappointed they didn't go with THREATDOWN.RIP COLBERT REPORT. :(

Anyway, not entirely sure what to think yet. I really do hope the undead are a result of the lack of Death but probably not.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I wonder if the main reason they "killed" Death was just so that death would become a real threat to the boys again. It will be interesting to see what they do with that, and I still have a suspicion that The Darkness is going to end up giving them a reason to open the cage. Which could give them an opportunity for a more satisfying finish to the Winchester/archangel vessel thing (and clean up the Adam thing, though I have less than zero interest in that).

I bet there's a cult of followers of the mythical Darkness, and that's their "gang sign"...and now that The Darkness is really loose, they're being more open about themselves...

Or it's a mark of possession by The Darkness?

Edited by Omegamom
  • Love 1

I'm not sure if it could be from The Darkness since The Mark was supposed to be curse from God to Lucifer., WHICH BTW, is a point I have largely tried to put out of my mind because God's curse was just undone by a spell from a witch?  WTF?

Like, wouldn't God have made the Mark a little more...you know, permanent, or harder to remove than a mere spell, since it was supposed to be SO IMPORTANT to be used as a Lock and Key to keep out the primordial evil that God went to war against?

Puny God. 

/head desk

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Is it? Hmmm? I'm not sure it's the same actress, but I'm also not motivated to go look it up right now either. 

I like your theory, Omegamom, about the cult following. They'd be the ultimate devil worshipers since the Mark was given to Cain from Lucifer.

That isn't Amara?

I don't think so.  Eye color is different.  She could be wearing contacts, but I don't know why...

q1qvRBn.jpg?1

ETA  I tried to find a similar looking-over-the-shoulder pose, but came up empty.

Edited by Demented Daisy

So, I thought she was Amara but it's pretty clear she is not. 

Ah! A photo-sleuth job!  Here we go:

A trio of women:

rwz5Vth.jpg

The left and right photo are from Nigel Horsley's BTS work from 4 Sep 15: https://www.flickr.com/photos/49347467@N05/with/21175134861/

Context clues suggests the one on the left is possibly associated with the media.

The woman with Mark gives off "waif" vs "siren" vibe:

QOoPqms.jpg

It's all about the shoes.  Plus she has a textbook "heart-shaped" face.  Adding to that sweetness suggestion.  Interesting, IMO, given she's wearing the Mark of Cain.

In any case, I think NEITHER is our Amara.  The first is possibly a reporter (just for EP6 - which they are on and Misha is in). 

Misha also said that really, the S10 finale is not fully played out UNTIL EP6.  The Darkness is an all-season thing, but I think this is the final shoe dropping (oy, bad pun).

So... my speculation:

- Amara, when she shows up, won't be carrying a designer black back and the latest fashion.  I do, however, anticipate black stilettos.  It's part of the "femme fatale" dress code. 

- Waif with the sweetheart face, dress/combat/boots, and Mark of Cain .... she is either one of many OR... and I'm leaning this way... she's where the Mark went.

Jensen's been teasing "where did the Mark go?"  I thought he was just yanking our chain (still could be) BUT if EP6 is where the second shoe drops, then perhaps the Mark of Cain has been put on some innocent and it's not turning her into a murder-your-face-off person because she's not actually holding back the Darkness (it's roaming the countryside).

I could see finding out that the lock and key exists, but on an innocent, would provide a lovely conundrum for our heroes.  As if they COULD potentially put the darkness back but it would condemn this woman.  Which Dean explicitly said he would NEVER do. 

Bottom line: I don't think we've got a picture of Amara yet in costume.  I think both were potentials but neither fit the actress. 

Edited by SueB

- Waif with the sweetheart face, dress/combat/boots, and Mark of Cain .... she is either one of many OR... and I'm leaning this way... she's where the Mark went.

Jensen's been teasing "where did the Mark go?"  I thought he was just yanking our chain (still could be) BUT if EP6 is where the second shoe drops, then perhaps the Mark of Cain has been put on some innocent and it's not turning her into a murder-your-face-off person because she's not actually holding back the Darkness (it's roaming the countryside).

I could see finding out that the lock and key exists, but on an innocent, would provide a lovely conundrum for our heroes.  As if they COULD potentially put the darkness back but it would condemn this woman.  Which Dean explicitly said he would NEVER do. 

If this happened, then they moved the goalposts on us.  Not happy.

Off to do research....

• Love 2

If this happened, then they moved the goalposts on us.  Not happy.

Off to do research....

But that's kinda their job.  Come up with new twists we didn't see coming.  We know very little about the nature of the Darkness or actually the Mark.  If it's from God and not designed to be inherently evil in and of itself... then a free-floating Mark attaching to "lightness" kind of makes sense in my book. Like the Mark couldn't be destroyed so it latched onto one of God's creatures who was "good and beautiful".   

No, I mean, the Darkness was released because the Mark was destroyed.  Death was quite clear on that point.

Now, if it turns out that the Mark was moved to someone else, then the Darkness should not have been released.  Death was clear on that as well:

DEATH
So I could remove the Mark, but only if you will share it with another…
(Death leans down so the he is eye to eye with Dean)
…to ensure that the lock remains unbroken and the Darkness remains banned.

That's what I mean by "moving the goalposts".  It's one thing to say that they have to come up with new twists.  Yes, that's expected.  But to completely negate what happened before?  Not cool, IMO.

• Love 1