Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Still of the Night (Pocatello, ID)

From my Uverse guide:

When a young woman who appears to have had few enemies is found stabbed to death in her bedroom, Kelly and Yolanda are placed in the inauspicious position of trying to find the individual who killed her from a number of possible suspects.

• Love 1

Wowza - they are back with a vengeance, aren't they?! 

What are the odds that this poor girl is being stalked by a sexual predator, lives a stone's throw from a budding serial killer, and is murdered by yet another creep?  I am utterly gobsmacked.

Hooray for DNA.  Science rocks.

• Love 12

Thank god for new DNA tests. That freak needs the death penalty.

I kept yelling at the TV for the gang to go back and try for fingerprints on the porch light.

I had to stick my fingers in my ears and la-la-la when the budding serial killer's best bud was describing what BSK did to kitties.

LOVED Yo's wavy hair. 

• Love 3

I kept yelling at the TV for the gang to go back and try for fingerprints on the porch light.

I know! I'm just gonna pretend that they did all that, and it didn't make the edit.

I love how cool Yolanda is walking them through the DNA results, knowing she knows what's in 'em, and just draaaawwwwwing them all out.

What are the odds that this poor girl is being stalked by a sexual predator, lives a stone's throw from a budding serial killer, and is murdered by yet another creep?  I am utterly gobsmacked.

This is the kind of thing that's gonna keep me up nights. ::Shudder::

• Love 3

Wowza - they are back with a vengeance, aren't they?! 

Hooray for DNA.  Science rocks.

I know. It surely made for a super cold case. 

• Love 2

Kelly and Yolanda are firing on all cylinders with these cases. I've loved seeing the bond they've formed with each other over these last few years. I'm glad that they got such slam dunk evidence that they were able to arrest the perpetrator. Gotta love DNA results.

On another note, Yolanda's hair looked fabulous with those waves. It makes her look years younger.

• Love 4

I watch a LOT of true crime shows, but this one really freaked me out for the reasons you point out.  After watching this show, I hugged my nervous nelly dog; he's better than the security system.

I'm so glad that Kelly and Yolanda finally got justice for Nori.  I was disappointed her family wouldn't come on the show, but I get why.  It had to be a HUGE relief for her boyfriend that the perp was caught. Not only was the killer caught, but no one can give him the side eye. He probably had the "Dateline" effect following him around for years. (i.e., the husband/boyfriend always did it)

• Love 5

I love this show and also all of these great comments!  You guys do not miss a thing. Porch light fingerprints, offender profiles, and even poetry!  Take THAT, Dateline!  (j/k   ;)

And who knew that Pocatello was such a fave location for homicidal maniacs?  They say at the beginning it's one of the safest places in the country and then proceed to show three nutcases within arm's reach of this sweet young woman. 

This series needs to run forever.  Outstanding.

• Love 10

When they brought up the teen who killed his classmate as a suspect, I was all in.  I had already seen a documentary about that guy and his buddy and man.......talk about sick.  I just knew I was going to see a huge announcement with a new murder discover, but nooooooo..... I couldn't believe it.  I guess it goes to show that someone can look so guilty, but yet not be guilty.  Thank God for DNA as so many have said.

My hometown had two women raped and murdered in their beds from 2002-1010.  It took years to solve the first one.  It turned out he was a serial killer.  He had murdered another woman in another state years earlier. He committed suicide in jail. The other killer is in prison for life.  Both were strangers who just happened to get lucky with an unlocked window and door.  It shatters your sense of safety. I'm so glad when they catch monsters like this.  It's really the worst kind of crimes, IMO.

• Love 3

I watched this episode and a few days later I watched the documentary called Lost For Life. I am almost always multi-tasking while watching TV so I didn't even realize that Torey Adamcik was part of both until I read it here. I went back and re-watched parts of this show to see the parts with Torey and Brian. I have to say, I am so glad i don't live in that town. Two stabbing murders in two years by different people? Scary!

I recommend watching the documentary. The info about torturing animals, etc, from this show really adds a new level to his claims that Brian was completely at fault for the murder of Cassie.

• Love 2