Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Then why mention it at all.

We can't say it not true because sales aren't down in real life.

We also had mention of Castle some day writing serious literature.

I don't really care either way I'm willing just to watch and see but I found KD's idea plausible.

I won't lie my initial reaction when I heard it was something professional definitely went towards the end of his Black Pawn contract and that he may be shopping around trying to find a new publisher. That and something with the mobsters aka ER doc also being a mobster doc at the same time, makes Castle realise he needs to step away from the shadowing for a while to see if he can write non-NH and possibly DS (due to his disappearance might opt to not write a new one of those for the time being) stuff aka recharge the batteries. So even if he's kicked out of the precinct he'll still be working outside on the cases just by himself as opposed within the walls of it (if that makes sense).

Whatever it is it'll wrap probably in 713 since that's the first sweeps episode before the mythology two parter, etc.

I don't really care either way I'm willing just to watch and see but I found KD's idea plausible.

It was verdana's idea, I was saying it would be surprising since it would screw up their additional revenue stream.  But, I do think that fits the spoilers we've been getting.

I think it would be sort of sad though.

Then why mention it at all.

As evidence that his book sales didn't get a bump from him being missing? That's what I took from it, anyway. His career as a writer has been poke fun at before (only able to write 1 book a year because he's busy with Beckett), so I didn't think much of it.

If they were planning on a career change, and wanted to stay within the story arc already set up, having Castle decide to write non-fiction would be a tie-in to the time travel episode as well.

Many writers work in assorted genres. My current favourite, Tanya Huff, writes both urban fantasy (Blood Ties, Enchantment Emporium) and military science fiction (Valour series). JK Rowling has been producing adult mysteries recently.

How about a history of Broadway since 1960, calling on his mother and her friends?

Or the War on Drugs and its effects on political life in the USA?

Or serial monogamy, single parenting and family relationships in the 21st century?

714 - Amann writing and Roe directing.

Amann again? I know he's the official showrunner but I disliked Driven and Kill Switch, despite the "drama" involved I found them emotionally lacking, he seems comfortable filling the screen with the action and exposition but less adept at the human side and imbuing scenes with a genuine depth of emotion between the participants. But then if it's part one of the two parter I suppose it was always going to be a heavy hitter, makes me wonder who will do the conclusion - Marlowe probably. 

8 Dec:7.10 ~ Bad Santa - Creaseys/Roe

12 Jan: 7.11 ~ Woogie Woogie - Hanning/Milan Cheylov

7.12 ~ TBA - Frost/Hanelle Culpepper

7.13 ~ TBA - Winter & newbie writer Amanda Johns/Wright

7.14 ~ TBA - Amann/Row (start of the two parter?) 

Sweeps is the 29 Jan to 25 Feb 2015.

Edited by verdana

Maybe they'll just want him to take an international book tour to launch the series overseas. That would take him out of the precinct, and I could see that being an issue, along with being a newlywed whose wife can't get the time off to come along.

But if he goes on a book tour what was he doing snooping around in these BTS shots that were posted earlier? This was for #7.11 I believe, looks like he's doing some "research" of his own here although Stana is on set too. Can't get my head around it at all.

Things have been static for such a long time on the writing front for Castle with the Nikki Heat books and I wouldn't mind them shaking things up in some way, especially now they're married. May be as femmefan1946 suggested perhaps he decides to have a go writing non fiction. Make a nice change for them to follow up on a something they planted last season about his supposed future. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Amann again? I know he's the official showrunner but I disliked Driven and Kill Switch, despite the "drama" involved I found them emotionally lacking, he seems comfortable filling the screen with the action and exposition but less adept at the human side and imbuing scenes with a genuine depth of emotion between the participants. But then if it's part one of the two parter I suppose it was always going to be a heavy hitter, makes me wonder who will do the conclusion - Marlowe probably.

8 Dec:7.10 ~ Bad Santa - Creaseys/Roe

12 Jan: 7.11 ~ Woogie Woogie - Hanning/Milan Cheylov

7.12 ~ TBA - Frost/Hanelle Culpepper

7.13 ~ TBA - Winter & newbie writer Amanda Johns/Wright

7.14 ~ TBA - Amann/Row (start of the two parter?)

Sweeps is the 29 Jan to 25 Feb 2015.

7.13 will be the first episode of the Sweeps and if we go by the pic that AWM tweeted at the beginning of the season of the episodes then the two parter is 7.15-7.16.

So will 7.14 be 3XK since Amann is writing? Amann is on par with previous seasons with his writing the only difference is he wrote two in the first half this season, etc. big question is because Amann has 7.14 I don't see him writing again to back up for the mythology if 7.14 isn't a mythology ep who gets the other part? Hanning maybe. Since you'd assume AWM will write one part. Same goes with directing for Bowman guessing he'll direct either 7.15 or 7.16.

Edited by Nadine

Jay Galbo ‏@jayway728  3h3 hours ago

#MysteryBuild opening soon! ;) #Castle @Stana_Katic @jayway728 pic.twitter.com/kPUtth7cFO

https://twitter.com/jayway728/status/540749963647406080/photo/1

It's not taken them long to replace the apartment with something else. Stana teasing above there.  

I seem to remember a while back one of the crew talking about a new set (although I presume it's slightly bigger than the picture Jay showed earlier of what they're building now) that was going to be built which fans were going to love, made it sound permanent or at least it will be there for a good while. May be I'm imagining that. A bar for them to hang out in? But they mention The Old Haunt and that seems enough for them so I presume it's not a social thing because they never show that side of things. Something to do with Alexis? Although I can't see that getting a thumbs up from the fans unless it's a new flat! Heh. 

I had forgotten about the mention of 3XK coming up in the New Year that would definitely fit him. 

Mystery build is kinda looks small in size. Based on looks of the vertical lavender stripes on a greenish yellow wall with dark wood chair rail moulding it could be a dining room, bathroom or possibly nursery. If fans are suppose to love it, I'm really hoping it's the master bathroom. The color scheme is throwing me off so it kinda looks like something would fit at the Ryans apartment.

Colour scheme and size suggests nursery, could we finally be seeing the Ryans at home with Sarah Grace? They're going to have one more episode concentrating on the secondary cast this season and that probably means Ryan.

Really? Yeah Kate that's exactly what I was thinking. They need to stop that, yeah I know men are still allowed to look, he's not dead, she knows it means nothing and so on but they do this all the time with Rick around random women with him acting slack jawed and oblivious like he's never seen this kind of thing before. I don't find it funny.  

Looks like Castle is going to get into trouble again with his mob buddies. 

That's twice now I've heard Castle say "my wife" it would be nice to hear Kate say my husband at some point.  

Edited by verdana

Really, writers?  Again?  That's what I'm thinking, verdana.  ;)   

Wasn't it just their honeymoon? ;)  

This scene was written by a married couple.  Do married couples find this kind of thing funny or what? ;)  'Cause I'm sure not getting the humour.  Once was already one time too many and I've lost track of how many times they've had Rick staring slack-jawed at women in skimpy outfits.  (They do it with Rick and they do it with Espo.  So dumb and annoying.)  Never cared for it and especially don't care for it from a newlywed husband.  They like to take away Rick's balls a lot but they choose to give him (their idea of) his man card this way, which is just stupid and tasteless.  Beckett is rightfully pissed, and where's the fun in that?  Did they have to make Castle get in trouble with Beckett so they can have a syrupy, Xmas makeup scene at the end? ;)  Way to kill the honeymoon phase.

The S rating for the episode has got to be about the strippers then unfortunately.  Castle's in the doghouse and no way is Beckett going to welcome sexytimes anytime soon.

The mob 'friend' doesn't look like good news.  Another example of Castle misjudging a friendship? ;)

There may be something to the theory that Castle's "mob ties" in the episode get him in trouble with the NYPD and he's temporarily suspended or something.  Or he gets a clue from this case which makes him go off to do some research on his own disappearance and that impacts on his professional life with the NYPD.

Again, this sort of scene really cheapens the character and the writing.  Could have been avoided completely imo.

S rating stands for strippers then not Caskett sexytimes....boo!

ABC love releasing these kind of sneaks, it generates traffic and reaction. 

madmaverick. I do wonder if you're on to something and this is their way of giving him his "man card" back. Although I do think Beckett was more annoyed by the stripper who touched him not with Castle by the direction of her glance so I sense he's not in the doghouse this time. Not that it makes any difference really, still doesn't change my feelings about scenes like this, they don't need them.   

I keep vacillating between Castle getting into trouble with mob and this causes some problem for him with the police or it's a rather more low key cliffhanger wise and it's his writing career. I'd prefer it to be his writing because they've spent so little time on exploring that side of things. 

Those behind the scenes pictures show them outside a building where there is a Book Fair going on.

My first thought was of Isaac Asimov's 'Murder at the ABA', which I haven't read in over thirty years.

It will be fun seeing if the plots coincide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_at_the_ABA

Plot outline

Darius Just had previously helped novice writer Giles Devore produce a breakthrough novel. Just credits himself with ruthlessly editing Devore's original drafts and forcing the young author to turn an incoherent mess into a masterwork. Having gained fame and fortune with his first book, a bestseller, Devore attends the ABA convention to promote his second book, which he wrote without Just's help. Just volunteers to run an errand for Devore – collecting a parcel for him and taking it to his hotel room – but he forgets to do so until the next day. Entering Devore's hotel room, Just discovers Devore dead in the bathroom, apparently having slipped in the shower and hit his head on the faucets. Others take this to be a tragic accident and nothing more, but Just suspects murder. He interviews Devore's ex-wife, who tells him that the parcel contained Devore's monogrammed pens.

Just eventually ties the death to drug dealing at the hotel. Ironically, the object that led the murderer to kill Devore was a pen which Devore had borrowed during an autograph session because Just had failed to deliver him his own pens.  - Wikipedia

I keep vacillating between Castle getting into trouble with mob and this causes some problem for him with the police or it's a rather more low key cliffhanger wise and it's his writing career. I'd prefer it to be his writing because they've spent so little time on exploring that side of things.

Same. I definitely think the mobsters are vital in terms of the decision made at the end of the ep. That much I'm certain about. But my gut has been way off lately.

Matt M apparently has seen the ep since he wrote in the SP comments and said it was pretty good. So I'm expecting a post-ep interview with DA after the ep airs.

Edited by Nadine

I wonder if she looked a male stripped if people would be complaining.

That scene takes nothing away from Caskett for me and I really enjoyed that Beckett cared.

I think it's a tired cliche and if Beckett was doing the same thing with a bunch of male strippers to the point she was oblivious to Castle I would feel the same way, it adds nothing to their relationship in any way, shape or form, it's not funny and I wish they would stop doing this and instead craft some more meaningful moments between them.  

The fact he's married not dead and there's no concern about this affecting them as a couple is besides the point. It's boring and predictable, they need to give it a rest. 

Thanks Samantha. I can't say the 3XK story excites me that much, they've turned him into a super villain now and that can't be killed and is smarter than they are, it's fast getting like Pellant on Bones.  Although I did find the good doctor very creepy in her scenes with Beckett so may be it might be better than I anticipate since it's not really 3XK but his disciple that's going to be the protagonist. 

Edited by verdana

Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'State of Affairs,' 'Castle,' 'Mentalist,' and more

What can you tell us about the Castle midseason finale? — Amy
We know from the promos that Castle will have himself “a very mobster Christmas,” but there’s more to that than you’re probably thinking. Not only will Castle find himself dealing with a potential mob war, but thanks to an unexpected blood oath, Castle will soon be considered an “honorary mobster.” I wonder how Beckett will feel about that…

Is this a repeat of what was said before? Not sure but it doesn't sound so good for Castle considering he's an agent of the law as a consultant of the NYPD but has taken a blood oath with the mob...I can definitely see Kate being less than enamoured with that development!

I want the real 3xk back. The actress isn't doing it for me. Not on 24 and not on Castle. I hope we get them both and wrap it up this season.

I'd like them to wrap it up this season if possible as I do think the story with 3XK has reached the point where I can take it remotely seriously but I did like the woman who played Dr Nieman at least her performance stuck with me a while which makes a change from the usual guest stars, I've usually forgotten them by the time the credits roll.

Yeah I'm leaning toward that too. I do wonder how many mobsters Castle knows. We met Sal in s1, then his cousin Vincent in s5 and now Dino. At least tptb remember that Castle knows a guy. Dino seemed wary when Beckett introduced herself as dectective, so I wonder how many guys Castle knows had stop taking his calls when they learned he's been consulting with the NYPD for the past few yrs. Some of these criminals have to be smart enought to figure it out from reading the dedications and acknowledgments.

IMO. Castle will be kicked out of the precinct because of his connections to the mob. The early promo mentions some mob characters related to a murder.  Castle’s mob “friend” connections should have been discussed long ago. Beckett and Montgomery never asked questions in the past about Castle's history with a certain criminal element connection if it helped solve a case, but it should be something that Castle and Beckett discuss openly now. The angst between Caskett will likely come about over his “loyalty” to a mob “friend” which causes him to withhold information or details about a murder. His “loyalty” has caused issues between them in the past (The Final Nail, Dial ‘M’ for Mayor, etc.). I doubt that the mob premise will help ratings, but the timing of the episode portends to keep romance out of the story line as long as possible.

This was an easy call; "loyalty" = blood oath. The connection premise is worthwhile if done right and not used to cause Caskett conflict.

According to EW:

What can you tell us about the Castle midseason finale? — Amy

We know from the promos that Castle will have himself “a very mobster

Christmas,” but there’s more to that than you’re probably thinking. Not

only will Castle find himself dealing with a potential mob war, but thanks

to an unexpected blood oath, Castle will soon be considered an

“honorary mobster.” I wonder how Beckett will feel about that…

Yeah I'm leaning toward that too. I do wonder how many mobsters Castle knows. We met Sal in s1, then his cousin Vincent in s5 and now Dino. At least tptb remember that Castle knows a guy. Dino seemed wary when Beckett introduced herself as dectective, so I wonder how many guys Castle knows had stop taking his calls when they learned he's been consulting with the NYPD for the past few yrs. Some of these criminals have to be smart enought to figure it out from reading the dedications and acknowledgments.

I can understand Castle having lots of potentially dodgy connections due to him being a writer of murder mystery novels. But I can also understand the mob guys wary treatment of him once they realised the cop muse is now his good lady wife.  His relationship and now marriage to Beckett has probably closed off a lot of the avenues he had before for getting information, people are far less likely to chat away about things and give you assistance worried you will rat them out. 

Edited by verdana

For what it's worth, Beckett's had her share of gaping as half-dressed men. Besides the college guys gone wild in S5 there was also the swimmer in S3 and the literal male strippers (also in S3).

I know Stana's said the midseason finale won't end with Beckett staring at a pregnancy test, but that new (tiny!!) permanent set has the color scheme/paint job reminiscent of a nursery. A baby would also be a change to Castle's professional life (if his professional life is following Beckett now) - if they ever have kids, it's likely he's going to end up as a stay-at-home dad again. Also, Beckett wouldn't be able to keep chasing bad guys, at least not while she was pregnant. (For what it's worth, it's doubtful that they're going to go there, especially right now. I'm just playing devil's advocate.) I wouln't say no to Uncle Rick and Aunt Kate babysitting little Sarah Grace, though I don't know why they'd need a permanent set for that.

A permanent set for something supporting-cast related? That's just what I highly, highly doubt. But never say never, I guess.

Yeah I can't see a permanent set for any of them, but this is a show that built a bathroom we've never seen on screen and held onto a set where we saw it a handful of times since the engagement. Lanie is such a minor supporting character that she never got a home set. All girl time stuff happened at Beckett's apartments. I rather a nursery be Sarah Grace's than Lanie being pregnant. You know the show is probably gonna play up her pregnancy mood swings at crime scenes for the rest of the season since they really have no idea what to do with the character. 

Yeah I can't see a permanent set for any of them, but this is a show that built a bathroom we've never seen on screen and held onto a set where we saw it a handful of times since the engagement. Lanie is such a minor supporting character that she never got a home set. All girl time stuff happened at Beckett's apartments. I rather a nursery be Sarah Grace's than Lanie being pregnant. You know the show is probably gonna play up her pregnancy mood swings at crime scenes for the rest of the season since they really have no idea what to do with the character.

I feel like I read at one point that the reason they built Beckett's bathroom to give her bedroom set depth, not because they even intended to use it. (It's why I shake my head every time I read a complaint about them "building a set but never using it".) In fact, you catch a glimpse of the bathroom set in "Reality Star Struck", when Beckett gives Castle his Valentine's Day drawer. (It's weird to me because her bathroom was separated from her bedroom by ... a glass wall and glass door.)

This looks like a freestanding set, albeit a tiny one. I can't imagine they're going to be able to get cast/crew/cameras in it in any sort of meaningful way.

I'd also like it to be Sarah Grace's nursery, but again, I just don't really see the need. Honestly, I don't really see the need for any new permanent set. It would make most sense to me if it were someplace like The Old Haunt, but I also don't think that's something that's going to happen.

I almost don't want the answer for this (both because I don't want to be spoiled but also because I don't think it would make a great side-story), but a Lanie/Espo baby is still purely speculation, right? I mean, there hasn't been anything other than the spoilers of a defining Lanie/Espo moment?

I almost don't want the answer for this (both because I don't want to be spoiled but also because I don't think it would make a great side-story), but a Lanie/Espo baby is still purely speculation, right? I mean, there hasn't been anything other than the spoilers of a defining Lanie/Espo moment?

No one has a clue what the milestone moment is, it's all guesswork but using the word "milestone" does tend to narrow it down to proposal or may be a pregnancy or he asks her to move in with him and I can't think of much else.  Proposal seems the more likely option given events in 7.08.

This is what Amann said in a GMMR interview: 

But what we are doing, there are a couple of interesting aspects to it. Esposito and Lanie reach a milestone in their relationship against the backdrop of the holidays. 
Edited by verdana

No one has a clue what the milestone moment is, it's all guesswork but using the word "milestone" does tend to narrow it down to proposal or may be a pregnancy or he asks her to move in with him and I can't think of much else. Proposal seems the more likely option given events in 7.08.

Meet the parents? Or family members? That's the other one for me that comes to mind around Christmas time.

Didn't Espo say Lanie hated her mother when they were trying to persuade their loved ones to leave when they had that bomb in New York? But that was a long time ago now but I guess that doesn't preclude her meeting Espo's folks I presume he has some stashed away somewhere.  I agree with Cappuccino the Esplanie segment shouldn't take up too much time. 

Castle Videos: Can You Guess the Top Scenes from Season 7 (so far)? at ABC

The results certainly did surprise me given what was the No 1 choice.

1. Official Raging Heat Webmercial. Richard Castle introduces his new spine-tingling, bone-chilling thriller.

Really? That was one scene I could well do without remembering and it certainly wouldn't be the top pick on my list. The wedding got beaten down into third behind Kate watching Castle's goodbye video.  

Edited by verdana

I can't see any of them. Guess they didn't want any international opinions.

I cringed at the Raging Heat commercial and had forgotten most of the others.

I guess the telenovella wedding and taking a bullet were the best of the lot.

Stana Katic attends LA Music Center 50th Anniversary

I had to look twice at the one above to realise it was Stana, very red glossy lips I find they can make women look hard, it's a difficult look to pull off and the dress....not sure about that either.  

A shot of the front of the dress, the detailing on the skirt doesn't do much for me although it adds interest and texture but the skirt doesn't cling and hangs there and hides her feet so makes her look shorter than she really is. 

Close up of her face, the way her hair is parted and styled isn't my favourite look, a further selection here

The designer is Alberta Ferretti. 

Edited by verdana

Nathan Fillion sits down with Larry to discuss the future of his hit ABC show 'Castle', and what it's like working with Joss Whedon. Plus - he demonstrates a one of a kind talent that leaves Larry scratching his head. Sneak Peek.

Obviously any question about Castle's future he's going to hedge it at this point. 

Well, apparently Larry King has no new questions and has never seen any program that Nathan Fillion has been on. We got the 'soap operas are great training', the hair trick, the 'when Joss Whedon calls you say yes",  and 'the Firefly cast are still my best friends'.

No idea what network Larry King is on, and I was ignoring him as a softball interviewer evenwhen he was on CNN, but I doubt this one will be worth searching out.