Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

metaphor. Thanks for the link.

Sorry David the sympathy well has run dry, you shouldn't have done it in the first place then you wouldn't need to be desperately trying to curry favour and claw back fan approval now. 

As for the future of the series, Amann doesn't believe that marrying his two lead characters will fundamentally change anything. "We've been dealing with them in a relationship now for quite a period of time," he says. "There'll be things that come up now that they're married that wouldn't have come up before that'll be the source of conflict and fun, but a lot of it will revolve around similar storytelling that we've been doing since they became an official couple. It's really about finding their points of view in the cases, what's their point of conflict, and having opportunities for the fun, banter-y exchanges that we think are kind of the lifeblood of the show. We'll continue finding those opportunities."

Disappointing if they don't plan to change how Castle and Beckett are written as a couple once they're married since I've found them pretty tepid and drab over the last two seasons of their relationship aside from the odd stand out moment. I can't help smiling when Amann talks about the "lifeblood" of the show because they give hardly any sign in their writing that they consider it such. I don't see the teasing fun banter being there as much as it used to be or the exchanges that open them up to further development as people which should naturally occur if they genuinely did focus on every day "slice of life" moments but they hardly ever do. Unless they can be welded to the COTW of course. 

Wasn't Lois and Clark's wedding episode titled "Swear To God, This Time We're Not Kidding"? Maybe that should be the subtitle for Castle's wedding episode.

I also love Stana's tweet. As if she's not as important to the show (or the episode) and won't so as great a job as he will.

• Love 2

Pleased it's not in the precinct! That would have been a bummer.  I see Castle is looking rather casual with no tie and I wonder if she's wearing a long dress? I like the lace effect on her top and her tied back like that in a simple way. 

That background looks a bit fake like they've filmed it in front of some green screen may be it's my computer screen playing up, it's obviously on a balcony or something at sunset by the looks of it.   

The sneak peek was nice but pity they're setting Castle up for a steep fall with his dreams of a Pulitzer going up in smoke as his life takes a turn for the worse.  He was right about Sorenson though and I note she didn't deny it! Heh. 

Edited by verdana

Staying spoiler free today seems like it's going to be tough. For once, I'm glad to have to work until 9.

As far as wedding venue goes, didn't Molly tweet something about photos on location outside and everyone took that to mean they were doing a late season photo shoot? She was pretty quick to clarify that it wasn't a photo shoot, but what if it was the wedding? They get married outside, at the park with the swings?

(Apologies if that's completely wrong - the only sneak for this episode I've seen is the interrogation with Captain Beckett.)

Stana Katic @ Good Morning America (7x06 sneak peek) - Nov.10, 2014

I note that Stana said it happens at the "very end" of the episode. I really hope it doesn't feel like it's tacked on as some afterthought.  There's another sneak peek in that video too not just the one when they're in the loft, I can't believe some of the questions they get asked about babies of all things. Urgh!   Honeymoon at a dude ranch - looking forward to that one much more than this TBH, I want this over with.  They don't give her much time do they? 

They get married outside, at the park with the swings?

All you can see is this rather large expanse of sky as background and some white posts going down on one side so I don't know where it could be. 

Edited by verdana

I don't mind as I'm not spoiler free but spoiler free people might want to stay away from the media thread since there's bound to be spoilery discussion here from media articles.  Unless we just post links to media here and keep the discussion in the spoiler and speculations thread.

My first reaction to that promo shot revealing them in wedding attire was, that sunset in the background looks awfully fake!  As fake as that cheesy shooting star they inserted over the house in the Hamptons episode.  Reminded me of Jack & Rose in the Titanic actually, if people know what I mean heh, with the fake looking sunset and them standing on some sort of balcony, or it could be a boat, though I don't think so.  A sunset wedding can actually look very nice, if it looks natural! They do have gorgeous sunsets in L.A. so maybe it is real.  We'll see.  I seem to have vague recollections of them filming in some Malibu estate this season (as well as some park) so maybe that was where they shot the wedding.  Very glad it's not at the precinct or the loft, or indoors, so it appears!

Not sure about Beckett's lacy top or her hair but I'm not a fan of lacy stuff in general.  Castle looks OK.  Guess they toned it down a bit from full on wedding formal wear for both.

The morning kitchen scene was nice.  Mention of another old bf!  Nightmares after Rogan!  Thankfully not, this time.  Still, Sorensen?  He was kind of boring.  Poor Castle, I think he has to switch genres for a start to start winning Pulitzers. ;)

Cool to see Caskett in an interrogation scene and in a jail cell scene again.  Aw, revisiting their Old Haunts (no, I don't think they'll go there).  No handcuffs this time? :P

I miss George Stephanopoulos talking about serious political stuff, or something not like Castle, no offence.  But I guess he gets paid a whole lot to do it. ;)

Oh, I love that Stana and Nathan both like to meet up with Ruben Santiago Hudson in NY.  Montgomery would have been happy to see Caskett get married.  He probably would have been one of the first to call it.

Why do I think baby questions are going to pop up in every interview now?  Nooooo.

Edited by madmaverick

mad maverick. Sorry, I should have perhaps taken my comments to the spoiler thread but sneak peeks and promos if I remember rightly according to Wendy belong on this thread so people will end up talking about them on here too sometimes so there's a risk of being spoiled.  But you're right it's probably better to carry discussions over to the spoiler thread and post the links here. 

Here's the two gifs of the very short scene of Castle and Beckett about to get married.

mad maverick. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the sunset looked rather fake, hope it looks better in the episode, it reminds me a bit of the Disney logo that come up at the start of their films. 

So it's probably a balcony somewhere on a rooftop looking at that expanse of sky. 

Edited by verdana

Here's the two gifs of the very short scene of Castle and Beckett about to get married.

mad maverick. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the sunset looked rather fake, hope it looks better in the episode, it reminds me a bit of the Disney logo that come up at the start of their films. 

So it's probably a balcony somewhere on a rooftop looking at that expanse of sky. 

I think it looks rather fake too. I hope it looks better in the episode as well.

No worries, verdana.  Just worried for the spoiler free people but there might not be any of them left here if we've corrupted them all haha.  

After that "you saved me?" comment from Beckett, it's likely that Castle's "epiphany" ;) from the AU is that Beckett saved him instead.  I hope that's not part of his wedding vows because cheesy and I'd rather it be about them completing each other than saving each other.  But the writers might see the whole saving thing as terribly romantic. ;)

Castle has a second secret (unsullied) Hamptons house.  :P  Or it's mega rich Patterson's house. :P

It would be something if Castle whisked them all to an exotic locale but not sure they have enough screentime/budget for that.

Someone called the background "tragic" on tumblr and I had to laugh because it does look bad but hopefully if the vows are great no one will mind that, there must be a genuine sunset or two though they could have found but may be it doesn't work that way on their ultra tight schedule.  

It would be kind of funny if they did end up going to the Hamptons again after all this or may be they're on a boat? Tying it in with Castle being found in a dingy as a sea theme for the season? 

Love Whoopi Goldberg, have done since Ghost, but that other interviewer sitting next to Stana sounded... odd.

These "interviews" are so brief and unsubstantial they might as well just do something pre-recorded.  The vine of Stana going onto the set of The View was more entertaining than the interview itself. ;)  I'm sure Stana spent far more time in makeup and hair and wardrobe than she did being interviewed.  2 outfits, 2 hairstyles for 2 morning shows!  I guess such is the life of an actress. ;)  I do like her The View look better.

I think they'll leave it like the last Milmar time-travelling episode where it's not completely clear whether the sci-fi explanation was true.  But what I find a bit concerning is that it sounds like from interviews that Beckett doesn't really understand what Castle's been through to move him to marry immediately, so he may not actually tell her about his AU experience.  I'd like for Beckett to know about what Castle experienced, regardless of whether she believes it or not.

Someone called the background "tragic" on tumblr and I had to laugh because it does look bad but hopefully if the vows are great no one will mind that, there must be a genuine sunset or two though they could have found but may be it doesn't work that way on their ultra tight schedule.

LOL that background tho it's nice to see Castle's face half not in dark shadows. Hopefully it won't be too distracting in the actual scene.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the sunset looked rather fake, hope it looks better in the episode, it reminds me a bit of the Disney logo that come up at the start of their films. 

Oh dear, it sadly reminds me of coma/dream sequence on Alias when they actually filmed a scene on a beach and then green screened the whole thing, the only real things left were the actors and the sand, even the water was fake. I hate it when you tell it has been green screened to the nth degree.

Yeah I really hate green screens when it's super obvious, reminds of when Castle "went" to Paris and they had him behind this backdrop and it was painfully obvious he wasn't there and it took me totally out the moment. Strange thing was Nathan did go to Paris with Molly at one stage so you would have thought they would have filmed some inserts whilst he was there. It would be such a shame if they have a lovely ceremony but it's let down by the shitty background. 

I can't call them interviews, they're just....I don't know. I feel sorry for Stana having to take all this time and trouble for that. 

Here's her leaving and wow check out the boots and the leather trousers. I like the coat too with the pocket detail also in leather. 

Maybe it looks fake because it's supposed to be truly fake, like a painted backdrop at a stage (courtesy of Martha's influence?). Since it's supposed to be kind of an immediate wedding, maybe they'll bring the romantic location to them rather than going to a romantic location.

Thinking about it now ... I don't care about the location or the guest list. Though it could have been achieved better; I'm glad Castle/Beckett didn't get married w all the glitz and glamour. 300 guests? It's not them!  I don't care about green screen or blue screen or bloody red screen -- I care about the vows and what these two people, who love each other, have to say & pledge to each other. 

Beckett will be wearing Oscar de la Rena; per Luke's tweet. And I think this is said dress. 

I can't call them interviews, they're just....I don't know. I feel sorry for Stana having to take all this time and trouble for that.

ikr.  On The View, Rosie Perez asked Stana about how she takes the subway to work, setting up a great opportunity for her to talk about ATP, but then she got cockblocked by Whoopi, who wrapped up the interview like her chair was on fire.

Maybe it looks fake because it's supposed to be truly fake, like a painted backdrop at a stage (courtesy of Martha's influence?). Since it's supposed to be kind of an immediate wedding, maybe they'll bring the romantic location to them rather than going to a romantic location.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, too. It looks so fake, it just has to be. 

If I rememer correctly, Castle has a projector and a pull-down screen in his living room; so I thought they're maybe getting married at the loft and to not have bookcases in the background, they pulled down the screen and projected a picture of the ocean on it?

I kind of like the top of Beckett's outfit, but I hope there's not a huge wedding dress attached to it. I'm actually hoping, she just pulls something formal but not wedding-y out of her closet. Like a cute skirt combo. I don't know, I just think it would be sweet. Also, I can't fathom she had the time (and will) to go dress shopping since Castle's been back and they decided to not touch upon the topic of their marriage for a month.

I like the top but I would much prefer it with a shorter smart dress but it looks from what Luke has been tweeting they're going for another full length designer outfit, if that's the case then get rid of the fussy top. 

Edited by verdana

Also, I can't fathom she had the time (and will) to go dress shopping since Castle's been back and they decided to not touch upon the topic of their marriage for a month.

Yeah I was wondering too when did Beckett have time to go shopping for a 3rd dress or did someone spring another surprise wedding dress for her again. I figure they would have her in some cocktail/semi-formal/date night dress she had laying around since it's a last minute thing.

Thanks Samantha, lovely dress. Simple. Looking at it there in full though she could lose the lace top. 

I don't know. I like the lace top. So sick of the strapless wedding gown frenzy it seems is everywhere. So the lace jacket offsets it nicely, IMO.

• Love 2

Yeah I was wondering too when did Beckett have time to go shopping for a 3rd dress or did someone spring another surprise wedding dress for her again. I figure they would have her in some cocktail/semi-formal/date night dress she had laying around since it's a last minute thing.

If the dress is not of Beckett's choosing, maybe Castle bought the dress for her.  It could be a callback to 1.07. ;) 

I like the dress, too. I guess we'll see how it makes sense in story, but I'm glad she's not just throwing on any old dress/suit for the event. I like the image of Beckett in a wedding dress when she actually gets married. 

Strange thing was Nathan did go to Paris with Molly at one stage so you would have thought they would have filmed some inserts whilst he was there.

Nathan didn't go to Paris. They flew Molly, Rob Bowman (I think), and Nathan's double.

Just saw the episode, pretty good. Was underwhelmed by the kiss though. It was ok, but it just seemed staged/fake somehow. I can't really pin a finger on it tbh. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice wedding. I was just expecting a little more I guess.

Seems like 3XK is going to be coming back soon, apparently they're filming something around about now which I think is #7.11 unless they mean writing it not filming it. 

NEWS/ Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Revenge, The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural and More! at E!Online.

InspiredByStana: Will Jerry Tyson be making a comeback this season on #Castle?
Sure sounds like it! According to executive producer David Amann, "We plan to revisit the 3XK storyline in a significant way. We're working on that episode right now."

AlwaysCastle47: When will the "missing 2 months" storyline come back up on #Castle?
It's definitely not gone for good! According to Amann, "This is a mystery that's very personal to Castle and he will definitely delve back into it."

Edited by verdana

Now I'm wondering where Castle girly scream from the promo is gonna happen.

After he discovers the blisters on his feet from walking back to the ranch :P 

This is the episode I've been looking forward to all along - hope it doesn't disappoint.