Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Stana Katic @Stana_Katic  ·  9 hrs 9 hours ago

“@AndrewBikichky: #Castle Ep709 memories

Have a great weekend :)

Stimming - Der Schmulz

https://twitter.com/Stana_Katic/status/528067188213567488

Stana tweeted this one from Andrew that he sent a week ago which makes me wonder finally this confirmation they're finally going to consign the apartment to history. I did like the place but it's outstayed its welcome and needs to go.

Edited by verdana

They give the supporting characters episodes because it's all about how the main characters handle it. It's important to story telling. The isn't just Castle and Beckett in a vacuum.

The show might as well be just about Castle and Beckett because the secondary characters don't have much substance, their main task on the show is to deliver case exposition to the two leads. I'm not sure shining a light on one particular character for such a brief period of time (usually once a season) works that well at least not for me. I rarely see any genuinely meaningful character development out of Caskett's interactions with the secondary cast and this was not the case in the past. 

I'm all for them developing the secondary characters to a certain extent but they need to do it incrementally. I'm not going to care more about these people if afterwards they go back to getting ignored. As for Castle and Beckett they usually get relegated to a side show and feel disconnected from everything and since that's the only I reason I watch this bores me. I admit the writers have got a slightly better handle on achieving the delicate balance required to avoid me zoning out but I still dread these episodes and I don't like Esposito either so it's a lose-lose situation.   

I thought "Under Fire" was pretty boring but obviously opinions differ.  

What I remember most about Under Fire was poor Jenny having to give birth with the ambulance doors wide open for everyone to happily look in and gawp. Jesus giving birth must be harrowing enough but give the woman some privacy. 

Oh and of course Happy Halloween!

I love this it made me laugh, I do so miss Jordan Shaw.

Dana Delany @DanaDelany  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Happy Halloween from me & @NathanFillion #DH

https://twitter.com/DanaDelany/status/528221108365840386

Now there's one former guest star I sense quite a few fans would like to see back again. It would be great to see her reaction to them now they're together.

May be they can chase down 3XK together.

Except Alexis. I'm done with her now after she creeped me out. Can't unring that bell.

Heh. Yeah it was creepy. No disagreement with you on that one. Edited by verdana

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/31/spoiler-room-scandal-blacklist-spoilers/

Any details on the upcoming Castle wedding? — Tara

When Castle finds himself in an alternate universe where Beckett doesn’t know him, it makes him realize what’s truly important. But don’t worry: They tie the knot in real life, not the alternate universe. So rest assured that this is actually happening. “[The ceremony] isn’t going to be like their last wedding,” executive producer David Amann says. “It comes together in a slightly more hasty fashion. But that being said, it’s incredibly romantic and moving, and I think the fans are really going to feel like it’s the culmination of 6-plus seasons of this relationship.”

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 1
“It comes together in a slightly more hasty fashion. But that being said, it’s incredibly romantic and moving, and I think the fans are really going to feel like it’s the culmination of 6-plus seasons of this relationship.”

I hope so David after having the rug pulled out in such spectacular fashion in that finale, Marlowe and Miller need to do their utmost to make sure it's a moment really worthy of Castle and Beckett's journey to this milestone moment.

They certainly are making absolutely sure the fans know it's for real this time. Heh.

• Love 1

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/31/spoiler-room-scandal-blacklist-spoilers/

Any details on the upcoming Castle wedding? — Tara

When Castle finds himself in an alternate universe where Beckett doesn’t know him, it makes him realize what’s truly important. But don’t worry: They tie the knot in real life, not the alternate universe. So rest assured that this is actually happening. “[The ceremony] isn’t going to be like their last wedding,” executive producer David Amann says. “It comes together in a slightly more hasty fashion. But that being said, it’s incredibly romantic and moving, and I think the fans are really going to feel like it’s the culmination of 6-plus seasons of this relationship.”

Oh HELL yes! :D

So it sounds as if... he goes to that alternate universe and realizes he wants to stay with Beckett for good. Almost like a Christmas Carol storywise.

"Romantic and moving" are certainly the key elements I hope to see from the wedding.  So they've set the right target, let's hope the execution achieves that.

For something to feel like the culmination of 6+ seasons of the relationship, it can't be too hasty and brief in terms of screentime.  The emotions have to be allowed enough time to breathe.

Still hoping for something truly romantic and heartfelt from Castle as he convinces Beckett to marry him without further delay.

They certainly are making absolutely sure the fans know it's for real this time. Heh.

Hell hath no fury like fans deceived twice.  Heh.  

They kind of set a higher barrier for themselves after the muckup last time so the fan reaction will be interesting to gauge after the real deal.

• Love 1
Although Kate's advice was welcome and was a great way of establishing a link to Castle's world by the writers in S1/S2 I feel her influence has been minimal on Alexis overall.

Yeah, I don't think Alexis would be totally different or have been a problem.  In those pictures it doesn't look like Castle and Alexis are estranged, she is at the loft and they seem to be interacting pleasantly enough. Maybe she just has a different fashion sense because she didn't get a chance to see all of Beckett's awesome coats?

I'm not sure they'll even bother to explain how he ended up in an AU, just that he'll wake back up at the warehouse location when it's over.

I wonder what happens to Beckett while he is gone? Does he just wake up in the real world and she's standing over him? Has she been looking for him?

"Romantic and moving" are certainly the key elements I hope to see from the wedding.  So they've set the right target, let's hope the execution achieves that.

For something to feel like the culmination of 6+ seasons of the relationship, it can't be too hasty and brief in terms of screentime.  The emotions have to be allowed enough time to breathe.

With you all the way on this madmaverick, it worries me that it might be rushed, too many times I've felt a scene could have been so much better if the characters had been allowed time to dwell a little longer emotionally on it. 

Romantic and moving should be a given but too often Castle and Beckett moments signposted as stand out romantic scenes by TPTB have been strangely sterile and flat, I hope Terri has pulled out all the stops to make this wedding something fans are replaying back over and over for some time to come.

I also agree with you that the pressure is on even more now but that's pressure they deliberately put on themselves so they have to deal with it. I too will be interested to see the reactions from fans especially on tumblr as the show airs earlier in Canada so I'll be getting spoilers (and no doubt awesome gifs of the BIG moment when they finally say "I do") that should be fun. 

• Love 1

I wonder what happens to Beckett while he is gone? Does he just wake up in the real world and she's standing over him? Has she been looking for him?

This ep probably gonna remind me of The X File's Triangle. Who knows if we'll get to see Beckett in the main verse looking for Castle like Scully was running around looking for Mulder's coordinates since they have to fit a wedding ceremony in.

Terri really into this time theme. Last and this season's 6th ep has to do with some kind of time travel.

This ep probably gonna remind me of The X File's Triangle. Who knows if we'll get to see Beckett in the main verse looking for Castle like Scully was running around looking for Mulder's coordinates since they have to fit a wedding ceremony in.

Terri really into this time theme. Last and this season's 6th ep has to do with some kind of time travel.

I had the same thought. And Time Will Tell was not a favorite of mine, so I'm cautious about this AU ep despite the wedding we've been promised. lol 

I would LOVE for Dana Delaney to come back as Agt. Shaw. As well as Michael Mosley as Jerry Tyson. Preferably a 2 parter and Shaw helping the 12th get 3XK finally. 

The season 2; 2 parter w Delaney/Shaw has been the highest rated episodes of the series, thus far. 

• Love 1

I would LOVE for Dana Delaney to come back as Agt. Shaw. As well as Michael Mosley as Jerry Tyson. Preferably a 2 parter and Shaw helping the 12th get 3XK finally. 

The season 2; 2 parter w Delaney/Shaw has been the highest rated episodes of the series, thus far. 

They're also my two favorite episodes of the show. The only thing that would have worked better for me was if Castle had done the natural thing when a barefoot woman has to navigate a floor littered with burning debris, and carried her out of her apartment. The forced physical closeness of that scene could have been played for humor and UST in the same way as the rest of those two episodes. Otherwise the writers were just spot on. I would love to see Agent Shaw back on a semi-regular basis, whenever a case has federal implications. 

'Castle' boss on new episodes, a wedding, and a game-changing cliffhanger at EW 

Amann gives you the run down on the next five episodes and you'll be glad to know they didn't want to crap all over the audience again with another botched wedding.

“We feel already at the end of season 6, there was the promise of a wedding that was undone by Castle’s disappearance and we did not want to do that again.”

How thoughtful of them.

No surprise that they don't plan to revisit the mythology for a while yet. Since there is precious little so far that's got me interested to find out what's going on I think I can curb my excitement. Despite their repeated promises I don't trust them not to create some angst for Castle and Beckett if history is anything to go by or mess up Castle as a character, they surely can't go a whole season without making some big drama happen. 

As for the Expo-centric episode I'm not that interested as I just don't like the guy.

Not too sure about 7.09 because I think it's written by my least favourite writer (Roum). 

And finally, we’re back to the Castle mystery with this year’s Christmas episode. “We may have a bit of a game-changer in terms of what’s happening with Castle, so we’ll be doing, unlike past seasons, we’ll be doing a little bit of a cliffhanger coming off that episode as we come back in January,” Amann said. “So there’ll be something that happens toward the end of that episode that’s going to change the outlook as we come into the new year for Castle and Beckett.” But don’t panic—it’s not going to affect their relationship. “They’re not getting a divorce,” Amann promised.

More reassurances about Caskett remaining strong but there are a whole lot of things that can mean drama and affect them as a couple that don't involve divorce! So that's not particularly reassuring, this must be when the mythology kicks back in which makes sense with what he's said earlier in the article.  The Creaseys are writing this one so hopefully they'll continue their good run of episodes. 

Any way nice to get some more details on what to expect up until Christmas. 

Edited by verdana

I keep forgetting she's captain in the AU so the skirt makes total sense.

God I loved her S1 hair it so suited the character. Sorry I just needed to say that again. 

Cute McNulty reference. He was the cop in the pilot who was originally meant to be the Ryan role.

Nice one I didn't realise, felt like I should have known it meant something when she said it. 

With you all the way on this madmaverick, it worries me that it might be rushed, too many times I've felt a scene could have been so much better if the characters had been allowed time to dwell a little longer emotionally on it. 

Romantic and moving should be a given but too often Castle and Beckett moments signposted as stand out romantic scenes by TPTB have been strangely sterile and flat, I hope Terri has pulled out all the stops to make this wedding something fans are replaying back over and over for some time to come.

I also agree with you that the pressure is on even more now but that's pressure they deliberately put on themselves so they have to deal with it. I too will be interested to see the reactions from fans especially on tumblr as the show airs earlier in Canada so I'll be getting spoilers (and no doubt awesome gifs of the BIG moment when they finally say "I do") that should be fun. 

I'm curious, how have you found them to be that way? I thought that they were ok.

I don't think we knew the director of 7.11 yet, but Luke tweeted a copy of the script and it's Milan Cheylov. He's new to Castle, but has a long history in TV. Here's his IMDB page

Is it just me or are they using a lot of new directors this season? I still miss John Terlesky. :-/ And I hold out hope they can have Jonathan Frakes back again this season. He's one of my favorites for the show, and I missed him directing in season 6. 

Edited by S55
“We feel already at the end of season 6, there was the promise of a wedding that was undone by Castle’s disappearance and we did not want to do that again.”

No kidding! ;)  Let's hope all the reassuring means that they worked extra hard to make that episode and the Western one following truly worthy of this epic love story they claim they're telling.

Yeah but if you only watch for Castle and Beckett that's a personal issue and not a story/writing/show issue.

I do watch mainly for Castle and Beckett but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good story about the other characters when (if) they'd write one.  So far I've been less than impressed with their efforts for a Ryan/Esposito centric episode.  The cliched story of them being trapped in a burning building just didn't do anything for me, especially with pregnant wife waiting to give birth outside.  Same with the Esposito and the troubled kid storyline.  Or even Gates and her estranged sister.  The Ryan undercover in the mob episode was a bit better.  They simply haven't written compelling enough storylines for the secondary characters in episodes where they get the focus to fully engage me.  It's a (weak) story/writing/show issue.  I would love to see a Martha centric episode.  Maybe the writers would do better there.

Not too excited for the Espo centric episode either (because of their past track record) and ageing action heroes doesn't sound like the most interesting theme to me either.  But I am looking forward to the next 2 episodes.

Collective sighs.  Loved Castle saying Beckett's short hair back then was adorable too.

Nice seeing them across the interrogation table again after all this time.  Brings back pilot and 3x01 feels.  Was waiting for a shot of Castle looking at Beckett's legs there but I guess he wasn't in the mood!  Would be nice if we recapture some UST this episode since this Beckett hasn't fallen for Castle yet.

The boys seemed to be trying to inject a protective vibe with some physical intimidation (humour) with Castle in interrogation there.  I'd actually probably find it a bit funny if Beckett intimidated the boys, especially Esposito, the way Gates intimidates them at times.  A little tired of Esposito always pushing the Big Brother vibe.

As for the Christmas cliffhanger, I hope it's not a positive pregnancy test.  Too soon!  Castle regains his memories?  Caskett in peril again?  Bad guy with unlimited resources shows up in the shadows at the last sec? ;)

Edited by madmaverick

Collective sighs.  Loved Castle saying Beckett's short hair back then was adorable too.

Nice seeing them across the interrogation table again after all this time.  Brings back pilot and 3x01 feels.  Was waiting for a shot of Castle looking at Beckett's legs there but I guess he wasn't in the mood!  Would be nice if we recapture some UST this episode since this Beckett hasn't fallen for Castle yet.

The boys seemed to be trying to inject a protective vibe with some physical intimidation (humour) with Castle in interrogation there.  I'd actually probably find it a bit funny if Beckett intimidated the boys, especially Esposito, the way Gates intimidates them at times.  A little tired of Esposito always pushing the Big Brother vibe.

As for the Christmas cliffhanger, I hope it's not a positive pregnancy test.  Too soon!  Castle regains his memories?  Caskett in peril again?  Bad guy with unlimited resources shows up in the shadows at the last sec? ;)

Am I the only one picking up on a Beckett/Espo vibe in that sneak? I don't have any feelings either way on that speculated relationship (& I think it's going to be a mystery we'll never know the full story on, personally, unless they need it for a season 10 ;) ), but it's amusing to me to watch the collective freakout of the fandom that this AU episode could possibly "go there." lol 

In any case, I'm also curious to see the differences in Beckett as captain versus Gates (or even Montgomery) when it comes to Ryan and Epso.

As far as a mid-season cliffhanger, I'm not a fan of babies on TV shows, and I'm pretty sure they won't go there. I'd rather see this mythology be hinted at again in some fashion. 

I'm curious, how have you found them to be that way? I thought that they were ok.

I just do, obviously it's a matter of perception, I know many fans think everything they do is highly romantic and passionate. Sadly too often the louder the drum has been beaten by TPTB that I'm about to get the most romantic scene evah I've found it usually anything but. They seem to assume that having them kiss briefly, let them clink a glass of wine together sitting on a sofa, engage in a brief hug or tease about "needing a good font" every so often means they've ticked the box on the romance front but there's so more to it than that.

It's about the feel and the vibe of the moment, a shared intense look, them talking about something meaningful to each other instead of superficial patter, the banter and teasing back and forth, a brush of the arm, a gentle caress of the hair, a touch of a hand, the inflection of their voices, joyful smiles at each other, a kiss that doesn't look timed and staged, them being allowed to hold the moment...too many times they've seemed on different pages and everything is far too rushed and lacking those "normal" casual intimacies that to me I should be seeing every episode.

And it's precisely because I don't see them that I find their so called "romantic" interactions as the writers portray them often awkward and often rather tepid. I can see the hesitancy of the writing in almost everything they do when it comes to them as a couple romance wise and it's frustrating because I know the actors can bring it and indeed when pushed so can the writers. Sometimes they manage to break away from that pattern (7.03 for example and there have been a few others) but that's a rarity. 

That's why I'll treat Amann's comment about the up coming episode being "highly romantic" with caution and believe it when I see it. 

But it all depends on the viewer, it's like humor on the show you can't explain why something is funny to some people and not to others. You either laugh out loud or you don't. Many fans for example thought that end of scene video last week was very funny and saw nothing wrong with it, for others it was the most cringe worthy scene imaginable and embarrassing to Castle. Depends on the perception of the individual. 

S55. I'm sure it's the mythology, Amann says they won't deal with it for the next four episodes so #7.10 fits perfectly as as time to bring that back, in any case what else have they got? Can't be a baby - way too soon - and I can't think of anything else they've got to create a cliffhanger involving these two unless it's something out of nowhere and that would be very disconcerting for the audience. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 3

Am I the only one picking up on a Beckett/Espo vibe in that sneak? I don't have any feelings either way on that speculated relationship (& I think it's going to be a mystery we'll never know the full story on, personally, unless they need it for a season 10 ;) ), but it's amusing to me to watch the collective freakout of the fandom that this AU episode could possibly "go there." lol 

No you're not the only one but I was hoping no one would mention it because it gives me the creeps and yes I'm one of the fans that would freak out. Heh. 

I know it's been a discussed over the years amongst certain fans did they or didn't they? God forbid the writers should leave the hint there hanging that something might have happened. *shudder* 

S55. I agree they've got a bit of fresh blood in there directing wise this season. I thought John was good too. 

Now if only Rob Bowman would get himself a new show, that's one director I would gladly love to see depart and take his fancy camera angles and "moody" lighting with him.

Edited by verdana

Cute McNulty reference. He was the cop in the pilot who was originally meant to be the Ryan role.

I don't think I've ever paid attention to his name cause I think of him as Not!Ryan in FFYG. Plus whenever I hear the name McNulty, I think of Jimmy going from Det. to Harbor Patrol officer from s1 to s2 of The Wire.

I'm curious if Nathan's Kimmel appearance we'll get a new sneak peek, 1 of of the 2 that's been released or an extended version of them. So far they've been really short compared to the other released ones this season.

Pity about Beckett's hair being the same style in the AU, I was hoping they would have styled or coloured it slightly differently.

They could've put her in a wig since Molly got one and Susan is in one every ep, but it probably made more sense to have the current Beckett hair since Castle doesn't know he's in an AU and is surprised she and the boys don't recognize him. My fav is the 2nd half of s2 to 1st half of s3 layer haircut with the s3 hair color the best. My least fav hair still has to be the 1st half of s2. Wasn't a fan of the cut or color tho the best look for that hair was probably the Heatwave party. One thin I liked about s1 hair is that they gave her a variety of hairstyles with lots of body. It seemed like she only had 3 hairstyles when it came to having her hair much longer from s4 and on. The ponytail, the bun and the curled like a model hair while it got lighter each season. I would've like to see Stana without the extentions in s6 and it's not like she needed long hair for the wedding since it didn't happen.

Yup, I did too.  In my head they don't have a romantic history, so I don't want to see anything that contradicts that. It would only be okay if they have Castle come out of the AU and tell Beckett she's with Espo in the alternate universe, and she's freaked out by it. I think it would be nice to allow two characters to have a bond and it not be because of sex.

I like how Beckett reacts to Castle's hair comment.  You know she's thinking about how she did have short hair 6 years ago.

I still miss John Terlesky.

Me too. I didn't have to worry about his eps being so dark which is the most annoying thing about this season. I think he has supervising producer credit over on Revenge. If Revenge ends this season and Castle gets another can he please come back. Saw Kate Woods is directing eps over there too.

I like to see Mario Van Peebles do an ep of Castle. He's done a few eps of Nashville and OUaT. Once a director shows up on an ABC show they seem to work on other ABC shows.

Me too. I didn't have to worry about his eps being so dark which is the most annoying thing about this season. I think he has supervising producer credit over on Revenge. If Revenge ends this season and Castle gets another can he please come back. Saw Kate Woods is directing eps over there too.

I like to see Mario Van Peebles do an ep of Castle. He's done a few eps of Nashville and OUaT. Once a director shows up on an ABC show they seem to work on other ABC shows.

I like Kate Woods too. And I didn't realize MVP was a TV director! I'd love to see him direct Castle too. 

I like how Beckett reacts to Castle's hair comment.  You know she's thinking about how she did have short hair 6 years ago.

I loved her reaction to his hair comment too. Like "how did you know THAT?" lol 

(edited)

And I didn't realize MVP was a TV director!

He has a decent list of credits as a director but I had no idea he has been doing that since the late 80s. I though it was gonna be from the mid '00s and on. Really enjoyed him showing up on screen to give the smackdown to Jeff Fordham on his directed ep of Nashville this season.

lol please something Luke had nothing to do with

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion

Dear @jimmykimmel,

May I please be on your show tonight?

Jimmy Kimmel @jimmykimmel

@NathanFillion yes - and thank you for being a gentleman and asking.

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion

“@jimmykimmel: @NathanFillion yes - and thank you for being a gentleman and asking.”

Now… what to wear…

Edited by turnitwayup

I just realized that the EW article gave different episode titles for 7.09 and 7.10 from what we had been told. Per this Twitter thread from the prop master, 7.09 is now titled Last Action Hero (was previously Role of a Lifetime) while 7.10 remains the same as what we already knew (Have Yourself a Mobster Little Christmas, not Bad Santa). 

It wouldn't bother me if they "go there" with Kate and Espo, because it's AU, not real/canon, and most likely a Castle dream or result of a head injury. I know it would ruffle tons of feathers though. Oh well.

ETA:

@Sandraxf: #SPOILER

#Castle 7x07 Once Upon A Time In The West - Promotional Photos (small) are out!! http://t.co/zYLaw8CJaA

A few larger versions of the pictures at twitter.com/CastlePromos. Really excited for this episode.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

Holy crap, it looks like Stana could give Scarlett O'Hara a run for her money in the tiniest waist contest.

I don't know though, I really like that take on the western look. It's like ... sexy western without being a scantily clad saloon girl. Suits Beckett well, I think. ;)

• Love 2

You can see larger versions of what's been released here and here. I am ridiculously excited about this episode. I would like it to be fluffly and cute and adorable, thanks.

Also, I really like Beckett's hair in her white corseted dress. I don't know why, but that stood out to me.

• Love 1

I'm really curious about how the decision was made to have the scar on the inside of her left boob (like Cloudy...) instead of centered on her chest (like Kill Shot and Always). Obviously they've gone with this location for a reason, is it easier to create makeup-wise or something?

• Love 1

At first I wondered if Stana had some kind of natural birthmark or something, and wasn't even them trying to do the scar at all.  I think you see it there in Valkyrie too. But if it's really supposed to be the scar, maybe it is just more visible and they want people to remember they can sometimes do continuity?  To see the dead center scar, it really has to be a straight shot at her chest.

• Love 1

I think they realized that if she had been shot straight on center of the chest, she'd be dead. When they take her to the OR in Rise, they say her injury was a GSW to the left chest, and again later that she she was bleeding from her left pulmonary vein, which Josh has to clamp and that her left lung had collapsed ("left tension puemo"). All that fits with her being shot slightly to the left and not dead center. But mostly because anatomically if she had been shot straight on the bullet would have pierced her heart (instead of just nicking the left side) and well, that wouldn't have been a good thing.

As far as having her scar be centered in Kill Shot and Always ... I've got nothing for Kill Shot. In Always maybe they wanted to make sure people realized Castle was kissing her scar and not her breast? Yeah, I don't know. But it looks a bit like they changed things to be more accurate this time around.

• Love 1