Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Why on earth was AM & TM's time traveller episode nominated for an Environmental Media Award?  I can't recollect what it had to do with the environment?

I think the time traveler guy's story about the future involved "energy wars," and the guy they were trying to save invented some kind of alternate fuel source.  I don't know why that would get it a nomination though, it was pretty much an afterthought to the real plot.

• Love 1

Maybe in a more general sense, but I don't know if this theory makes sense in under the microscope. I mean, episode 3 was finished far before Marlowe had any feedback on the beginning of the season.

I think he also considered the feedback from the finale (non- wedding and such). And he already knew that the first two episodes of the season wouldn’t sit too well with viewers who enjoy more humorous and Caskett-centered Castle episodes. His plea in interviews was to be patient.

On the other hand he had people like me -  who might have considered a wedding a natural ending point for a series they got bored with – hooked again. And the line-up for the episodes (despite the wedding) looks interesting. Castle undercover with kids, Caskett undercover with horses on a ranch, and then it’s nearly time for another chunk of the mythology.

The show is always like this though.  It has angsty episodes, then puts them aside for fluff.

But he did go a bit overboard this time. Two months, being shot, Dengue Fever, amnesia, a frantic video, a dinghy… Hard to believe no one is interested in investigating anything. If only for security reasons.

KaveDweller, I bow down to your superior recollection of that largely forgettable episode, and to all who remembered the pink appearances in Beckett's wardrobe.  Next up: all the times Castle wore blue... Just kidding!  You guys have good memories.  Will keep an eye out next time she wears that colour.

• Love 1

This mythology feels like it's being written with one eye firmly on fan reactions so it will go in whatever direction they think they get away with and that's no way to write a story.  

I thought that as well. But as you said, the story is so vague and the outcome is, as of now, non-existent, so it's hard to judge anything. They have to give a little bit more for an informed opinion. Right now I want some more clues and I would like them not to suck...

I thought that as well. But as you said, the story is so vague and the outcome is, as of now, non-existent, so it's hard to judge anything. They have to give a little bit more for an informed opinion. Right now I want some more clues and I would like them not to suck...

Yeah, best of luck there!  :-)

KaveDweller. I too bow down to your recollection of that episode which I wanted to forget, seems I made a very good job of it.

Apologies if this has already been seen but a bit on the up coming "wild west" (post wedding?) episode, I don't think it's that spoilery so I've posted it in here.

We've Got TV Scoop From Castle's Stana Katic, Revenge's Emily Van Camp, and More at Glamour.com

Meanwhile, Castle star Stana Katic brought her sister, Gigi, a physical therapist who was in town from Chicago. The statuesque beauty spent her summer in Florence, Italy, where she was shooting the film The Tourist. "I [lived on] gelato and pasta, and it was amazing," she gushed. "I loved being able to walk everywhere and see art. It was like having your eyeballs on constant stimulation."

(Stana stunned in a Roksanda jumpsuit and Dana Rebecca earrings, along with Saint Laurent shoes and a Ferragamo clutch.)

Now that she's back shooting Castle, what can fans expect in the coming weeks aside from that all-important wedding? Well, a throwback to the wild, wild west for one. "There's a wild west episode," revealed Katic. "I'm in costume, and it's probably one of my favorites ever. It's super awesome, like Raquel Welch meets Clint Eastwood!"

Meanwhile, Katic had no idea that her show was a recent plot point on The Mindy Project this season when Dr. Lahiri (Mindy Kaling) becomes intrigued with the show after her boyfriend's mother (Rhea Pearlman) reveals she's obsessed with it. "That is so cool," said a shocked Katic. "I had no idea, but I love that we're part of [pop] culture like that!"

Stana tried her best, but boy, that opening bit was written as poorly as some Castle episodes.

Why on earth was AM & TM's time traveller episode nominated for an Environmental Media Award?  I can't recollect what it had to do with the environment?  Didn't like the episode enough to rewatch.  

The only thing I remember about that episode is that there's a scene where you can clearly see their stand-ins/doubles getting out of Beckett's car and walking into the plant. <snort> Oh and the part about Beckett being a Senator and C/B having 3 kids in the future. lol 

Edited by S55
"I [lived on] gelato and pasta, and it was amazing," she gushed. "I loved being able to walk everywhere and see art. It was like having your eyeballs on constant stimulation."

She lived on gelato and pasta and still looks as thin as she looks?  Life is not fair.

• Love 1

I'm going to guess the guy in the CTV promo is someone they arrest early on, and then based on the ABC promo they find out that he's set up all these other murders (including Castle and Beckett?).

They sure don't waste time on releasing the sneaks, do they? Nice to see references to Castle being a writer! And in a lit set!

Lol Martha doing voice exercise with Castle like she did with Alexis in an earlier season. I'm glad that we are finally getting to see the other sides of his writing life. Yay for an indoor daytime set where it actually looks like it daytime. Hopefully this Jim Adler ep is an improvement over his last one.

I loved that sneak but what's with releasing them even before the last episode has finished airing in some places? 

Nathan and Susan together are wonderful.  I adore these kind of scenes where they remember he has a writing career and he's successful. May be they really are going to concentrate more on Castle as a character this season. I see Martha is fussing over that jacket he's wearing good for her, not too sure about that one, again it looks too bulky for him. Where have you hidden those beautifully tailored suits and jackets he used to wear Luke?

And I second the cheer for a set where you can actually see what's going on.  Someone paid the electric bill that week obviously. 

The next episode actually looks more interesting than I anticipated so the promo did its job. ;)   I thought Castle was always in technology's warm embrace with his twitter and gadget toys etc, or am I confusing Castle and Nathan heh.  Nice to see Castle the author get some spotlight on the show and makes sense for the show to plug his books again.  I do like getting a sneak peek right after an episode and it was nice to see Martha in thespian mode and finally getting something to do.  The Nikki Heat stalker angle made the Jordan Shaw 2 parter more compelling and hopefully the Caskett stalking angle can do the same for the COTW here.  

It's the People's Choice Awards time again folks!

If you're keen on the general all consuming madness that comes with these "awards" the voting is starting here for the nominees.

And if you want to avoid the crazy then may I suggest installing tumblr savior it's great for avoiding crap you don't want to see.

People’s Choice Awards 2015 will air live on Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2015 from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on CBS. Make a date in your diary...or don't and pray if Stana wins again Nathan tweets her congratulations to save himself a world of pain. 

Oh no. Not the PCAs. It really brings out the very worst in this fandom and the worst in some of the actors as well. I wish neither Stana OR Nathan could get nominated again and then it would save us all the headache. My vote is Caskett for favorite couple and RySposito as favorite bromance and that's all for this show. For the love of god, please not a repeat of 2012. Shudder.

• Love 1

I hate them, for starters they're a joke of an award ceremony since it allows repeat voting so what's the point?  Winning an Oscar or an Emmy great news but if you're winning based on basically how rabid and determined your fan base is in comparison to another's forget it I'm not interested. And I agree it also brings out the absolute worst in human nature (at least from what I've seen) with Castle "fans" attacking each other badgering people to vote all the time and attacking fans of other shows too. 

• Love 2

If the wedding really takes place in Terri's episode 7x06, then hopefully there'll be some good Caskett leading up to it in 7x05.  I didn't expect much originally from the 7x05 episode description.  There needs to be at least a scene or more where Caskett seriously revisit the wedding conversation or at least where they stand with each other after they made a date to discuss in a month in 7x01 (no idea if they had that conversation offscreen ;)).  Presumably they are going to have some heartfelt discussion before any wedding unless they are going for the surprise route... which I don't know would make sense considering the huge surprises they already had to derail the last wedding.  Maybe they'll save all wedding related stuff for 7x06 to 'surprise' the audience but I still hope for some quality Caskett in 7x05 if they are getting married shortly after.

Edited by madmaverick

Didn't we see some spoiler pics weeks ago, where Castle was held at gunpoint in front of a coffee shop? I wonder if that happens in 7x05 (would kind of fit with what we saw in the promo) and is the trigger for the wedding in 7x06 (if that's the episode where it happens; which I'm assuming it is).

Edited by Lucynda

Didn't we see some spoiler pics weeks ago, where Castle was held at gunpoint in front of a coffee shop? I wonder if that happens in 7x05 (would kind of fit with what we saw in the promo) and is the trigger for the wedding in 7x06 (if that's the episode where it happens; which I'm assuming it is).

Those pics were from 7.06.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1

I'll say it again: These writers don't know how to incorporate Alexis/Molly into this show anymore. They also don't seem to realize that Molly is not a cute teenager anymore and that she needs adult storylines. If Molly weren't so close w Nathan I'd bet good money that Molly/Alexis wouldn't be a regular anymore. We'd see her 6/7 episode a season. Castle's daughter should have been a few years younger when this show started b/c that would open up more story now. Right now? Alexis doesn't fit anymore. She should be at college, in a dorm, or interning and Martha should have her own place. But b/c this show has to play up comedy all the time .. Castle's mother and daughter living w he and his fiancee is so hilar! NOT! 

• Love 1

I'll say it again: These writers don't know how to incorporate Alexis/Molly into this show anymore. They also don't seem to realize that Molly is not a cute teenager anymore and that she needs adult storylines. If Molly weren't so close w Nathan I'd bet good money that Molly/Alexis wouldn't be a regular anymore. We'd see her 6/7 episode a season. Castle's daughter should have been a few years younger when this show started b/c that would open up more story now. Right now? Alexis doesn't fit anymore. She should be at college, in a dorm, or interning and Martha should have her own place. But b/c this show has to play up comedy all the time .. Castle's mother and daughter living w he and his fiancee is so hilar! NOT! 

But let me play Devil's Advocate here. Maybe all that you say is true about Alexis. BUT...she leaves. And?

Castle has a portion of his character eroded, loving father and son (including Martha having her own place; she'd never be seen at all, I think!) and is just Beckett's husband? That's no good, either.

Sure, the show is FINALLY getting off its lazy ass, remembering the guy is an author, but will that be sustained? Considering what has come before, I doubt it.

So, in essence, Alexis and Martha have to be around in some capacity since the show only decided 7 SEASONS in that its namesake needs focus. Well, Martha and Alexis were his character's saving peripheral grace while in his holding pattern of nothingness, so at least they help define him beyond boyfriend/husband.

But Castle has always come up woefully short for its secondary cast, and it's sad. They ALL deserve better.

• Love 4

Looks like Rob Hanning is writing 7.11. And I'm still wondering when newbie writer Amanda Johns is up to bat.  

Technically Hanning wrote Episode 11 last year, since Limelight was originally Episode 11 before it got moved to 13 when scheduled.

I reckon Johns, Waugh and Frost will either be Episode 12 or 13 (or will be left until Episode 18-19). Though Frost did have his episode in Sweeps last year and we know there's the two-parter in February which DA/AWM will probably write.

Technically Hanning wrote Episode 11 last year, since Limelight was originally Episode 11 before it got moved to 13 when scheduled.

I reckon Johns, Waugh and Frost will either be Episode 12 or 13 (or will be left until Episode 18-19). Though Frost did have his episode in Sweeps last year and we know there's the two-parter in February which DA/AWM will probably write.

And on the heels of that, Rob Kyker (head of props) said Christine Roum wrote 7.09. He called her Christina, but I'm presuming he meant Christine. ;) 

Since 7.06 is suppposed to be some sort of "what-if" episode, why is everyone convinced that there will be a "real" wedding and not just some sort of alternate-timeline (or whatever it is) plot point? That way they can have the wedding cake and eat it loo, and continue to string the possibility of the actual wedding along for damn ever.

why is everyone convinced that there will be a "real" wedding

If I remember correctly, there were photos & video of Nathan wearing a wedding ring while filming an episode or two after 7x06.

And on the heels of that, Rob Kyker (head of props) said Christine Roum wrote 7.09. He called her Christina, but I'm presuming he meant Christine. ;) 

KFC confirmed that a few days ago here too. So got eyes and ears everywhere *looks for Big Brother*

7.06 for me is either going to a massive hit or miss. The problem with being spoiled (and visiting threads like this) is you know or can analyse how some stuff goes down. So when you see it on screen it's whether it'll meet expectations.. Not sure if what I expect five minutes (basically final act if you look at it that way) will cut it for some fans, but I didn't expect anything less when it comes to this show anyway.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1

Frost is 12.

• Love 1
But let me play Devil's Advocate here. Maybe all that you say is true about Alexis. BUT...she leaves. And?

Castle has a portion of his character eroded, loving father and son (including Martha having her own place; she'd never be seen at all, I think!) and is just Beckett's husband? That's no good, either.

Well he can still be a loving father and son without us ever seeing Martha and Alexis.  They can just make vague references to them every so often.  I mean we never see Beckett's father or anyone other than Castle and her co-workers.  She's not just Castle's wife/fiance.

But, I do agree they shouldn't write them both of the show.  They just need to utilize them differently.  I think they could make them more lighthearted like in the earlier seasons.  Why does it have to be Alexis or Martha having a problem?  Just break up the case scenes with Castle and Beckett meeting Martha and hew new boyfriend for dinner.  Or going to one of her acting performances.

Them remembering Castle's a writer isn't really that new.  They always do that at the beginning of the season because that's when the Nikki Heat books come out.

• Love 2

I hope they make the most of the lead in with some discussion between them about their decision to finally take the plunge into wedded bliss.  However if that's not going to happen then at least give the fans some decent Castle and Beckett interactions whilst on the case. 

7.06 for me is either going to a massive hit or miss. The problem with being spoiled (and visiting threads like this) is you know or can analyse how some stuff goes down. So when you see it on screen it's whether it'll meet expectations.. Not sure if what I expect five minutes (basically final act if if you look at it that way) will cut it out for some fans, but I didn't expect anything less when it comes to this show anyway.

I can't say I've got huge expectations after the disappointment of 6.23, I thought the marriage should have taken place then so anything after that feels like a contrived delay which is annoying but hey may be five minutes of Castle and Beckett genuine wedding goodness at the end of an episode can make me wipe those bad memories away then again may be not.  Either way I'm getting to the point where I'll just be glad when it's over and done with, I'm tired of the build up which feels like it's been going on for far too long and the constant speculation. I'll read it but I'm no longer excited by it.

I'm more interested to see how the writers are going to approach the relationship after they're together. Is there going to be any marked difference in how they approach things when they're finally Mr and Mrs Castle?  Will the writers relax a bit more when it comes to showing them living life as a married couple or will things stay the same or become even more hesitant and restrictive? That's what intrigues me more. 

• Love 2

I'm more interested to see how the writers are going to approach the relationship after they're together. Is there going to be any marked difference in how they approach things when they're finally Mr and Mrs Castle?  Will the writers relax a bit more when it comes to showing them living life as a married couple or will things stay the same or become even more hesitant and restrictive? That's what intrigues me more. 

Second this.

• Love 1

Nathan & Michele Garman on the Castle set(x)

The actual twitter link they've got on there doesn't work. It's a BTS shot taken of them working on the Christmas episode I presume. All I can say looking at that is I hope any scene involving this particular group doesn't involve Castle getting all excited around them, don't let me down Creasey's you've done good so far. With any luck they were for background decoration only. 

Well, considering the title for 7.10 and the type of characters we're led to believe are being played by the actors Nathan tweeted about yesterday (how's that for spoiler-free-ish talk, lol), I imagine shooting scenes in a strip club isn't too far fetched for the episode's basic plot/premise. It's entirely possible Castle & Beckett had to visit there to talk to said witnesses/informants/potential suspects. They ~do tend to hang out in strip clubs sometimes. lol 

Frost is 12.

Thanks for sharing! And apologies for repeating old 7.09 info. I need to check upthread sometimes before I post what I ~think is new info. lol 

Second this.

Ditto. 

• Love 1

I don't think that photo is the best. I thought it was actually a cute dress, very flowy and light. And can a ponytail be adorable? Because I thought her ponytail was adorable.

I don't really like PopCandies videos because they're weird and stalkery to me, but this one isn't too bad (if you ignore the end where they just zoom in). I think you get a better feel for the dress than that photo. And I always like how Stana's so gracious to the paparazzi, even if it sometimes has a small note of disdain to it.

• Love 1
And I always like how Stana's so gracious to the paparazzi, even if it sometimes has a small note of disdain to it.

Awkward moment when they seem to mistake her for someone else.  She handled better than I would have.

• Love 1

But, I do agree they shouldn't write them both of the show.  They just need to utilize them differently.  I think they could make them more lighthearted like in the earlier seasons.  Why does it have to be Alexis or Martha having a problem?  Just break up the case scenes with Castle and Beckett meeting Martha and hew new boyfriend for dinner.  Or going to one of her acting performances.

Having Martha and Alexis around is not a problem if they're used properly but the trouble is they're not. Alexis especially is often more annoying than cute now and Susan is increasingly having to play dumb and ditzy in order for the character to have something to do and seem relevant that can get irritating real fast. I agree why can't they go back to what they were doing before, give Martha a love interest again, hell they don't even need to show him, did we ever see Chet? But they made a pretty good storyline out of it involving some quite tender family moments.  As for Alexis get her a job, get her some friends, get her a college project to do, just get her doing something that doesn't make me want her off my screen every time she opens her mouth.  

Well, considering the title for 7.10 and the type of characters we're led to believe are being played by the actors Nathan tweeted about yesterday (how's that for spoiler-free-ish talk, lol), I imagine shooting scenes in a strip club isn't too far fetched for the episode's basic plot/premise. It's entirely possible Castle & Beckett had to visit there to talk to said witnesses/informants/potential suspects. They ~do tend to hang out in strip clubs sometimes. lol 

I should have posted that shot may be n the spoiler thread sorry, sometimes I forget which one I'm on. I didn't know about Nathan's tweets but thanks, I don't mind the venue or if Castle goes there for whatever reason as long as they don't have him looking way more enthralled by them than he ever looks when he's with Beckett which for some reason the writers think is highly amusing. 

Edited by verdana