Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

They are never going to kill off Beckett or Castle. The show is going to end this season. The fans will get a happy ending, the debate is whether the reunion is worth the terrible journey they are taking us on.

So whatever happens at the end of 808, It's never going to be 'permanent', whoever looks to be 'killed off' is going to be in both 808 and 809. So who is filming what, when....means nothing if you ask me. The 'death' part will just be what the other characters experience in the 2-3 month the show is off-air.

TVLine is hyping it up when they say it could be for good, clearly it won't be. A cliffhanger, nothing more.

My guess is that Castle or Beckett gets kidnapped/hurt at the end of 808 (my guess is Beckett because Castle being taken is too much like the failed wedding) and they are "found" in hospital in 809 and the season resumes from that point.

They keep talking about a "shift" in 808, so I wouldn't be surprised if Beckett changes her mind but the cliffhanger makes it a moot point.

(I am completely wrong if there's no time jump between 808 and 809, I'm just assuming there will be)

Edited by Chado

They are never going to kill off Beckett or Castle. The show is going to end this season. The fans will get a happy ending, the debate is whether the reunion is worth the terrible journey they are taking us on.

So whatever happens at the end of 808, It's never going to be 'permanent', whoever looks to be 'killed off' is going to be in both 808 and 809. So who is filming what, when....means nothing if you ask me. The 'death' part will just be what the other characters experience in the 2-3 month the show is off-air.

TVLine is hyping it up when they say it could be for good, clearly it won't be. A cliffhanger, nothing more.

My guess is that Castle or Beckett gets kidnapped/hurt at the end of 808 (my guess is Beckett because Castle being taken is too much like the failed wedding) and they are "found" in hospital in 809 and the season resumes from that point.

They keep talking about a "shift" in 808, so I wouldn't be surprised if Beckett changes her mind but the cliffhanger makes it a moot point.

(I am completely wrong if there's no time jump between 808 and 809, I'm just assuming there will be)

I agree that the shift will occur quickly when Caskett finds out that both of them are in danger from the same person. This will allow  the writers to avoid explaining Beckett's emotional issues for now, but I think that the writers need something else to happen for a cliffhanger. The audience needs some hope that the separation will end soon, but that is not enough by itself to guarantee viewers waiting for three months for some kind of resolution. IMO.

Edited by VinceW

Great point, Oberon. What shows could the BI be then? Maybe Nashville (Hayden is known to be taking time off for post pardum depression, but does that show have co-leads?). Or Scandal. Or TVD.

Yeah Nashville could be a possibility. Hayden is probably considered a co lead since all the music cover art is basically Connie and Hayden. Hayden did have reduced screen time last season and they spread out a lot of her scenes over different eps when she had her baby.

Also re: the blind item ... would Castle considered a drama series? I don't know what TVLine classifies Castle as anymore, but I'd be hard pressed to call Castle a drama.

Also, how are details super sketchy? Fall finales are coming up, and as far as I know, we've got at least vague details on all of the Castle episodes set to air this fall, so ... I'm not sure that there's a lot of wiggle room, unless they're going to pull out a shocking "twist" 20 seconds before the episode ends.

I'm still inclined to believe this blind item isn't Castle, but given the fact that I'm wary about this season as a whole, I'm not going to put too much thought into it. If I prepare to be disappointed I find I'm (mostly) pleasantly surprised with what we end up with.

• Love 1

Wasn't the episode with Adam Baldwin originally supposed to happen after Mr. and Mrs. Castle?  That has me questioning how big a cliffhanger we're going to get. But I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

I wasn't thinking there was a time jump between the two because it sounded like a relatively last minute choice to split the season.  I was thinking that if this is about Castle, the finale ends with her in danger and at the beginning of the return episode we find out she was okay.

But if you look at this picture from the prop department, it looks like Castle and Beckett are both in scene 2, which sounds like a normal episode....scene 1 being the murder, scene 2 being Castle and/or Beckett getting interrupted.  If that's worth anything.

http://castlevitalscenes.tumblr.com/post/131643662561/spoiler-pic-castle-8x09-twitted-by-prop-guy-rob

(edited)

The Nashville preview is for next week since the synopsis basically describes the preview. I don't know how many eps the show is gonna have before the fall finale, but next week is ep 6. I know OUAT has 12 and AoS had 10 last season before their break til March. It probably depends if Nashville will be back in Feb or March.

Edited by turnitwayup

Heh. I prefer wine, I'll bring a few bottles.

Here's the link to that TV Line Blind Item, if any one wants to have fun reading the comments.

Felicity from Arrow is a good bet too. Someone is gonna die on the show since they revealed that in the season premier. Question just is, if it happens in the fall finale?

James Brolin interview at The Onion AV Club and they ask him about his role on Castle as his Castle's dad:

AVC:Was Castle more your cup of tea?

JB: Oh, yeah. I loved that. When they called me about it, I said, “You know, if I’m going to do this, I have some ideas about how just dangerous this man is.” Because he had given up his family and his son to be clandestine and to not have any ties at all, because of the spy activities and the assassination activities, and yet he could still be a decent personality. One you shouldn’t trust, but a decent personality. So I enjoyed that the first time, and I enjoyed the ensuing appearance as well. But when they came back and in essence said that they wanted me—or at least I interpreted it that way—as permanent cast, then they basically said—well, they said it, but they didn’t say it—that, “Oh, but we can’t afford that.” And at this point, if someone isn’t if someone isn’t making me an offer that I literally can’t refuse, I love my hammock too much to leave it for too long. [Laughs.] I never thought I would. Early on I moved to the ranch in Paso Robles, I lived in Ojai, and I do love being away from everything, but I’d jump in the car and drive four hours each way from Paso to have lunch at the studio. I don’t feel that way now. I’ve found that “no” is a very powerful word. I wish I’d learned that years ago!

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Supernatural, X-Files, Empire, Grimm, Once, Gotham, Switched at Birth, Flash and More

Question: Any Castle news? —Fred
Ausiello: Rumor has it Kris Polaha’s idealistic public defender character ties into an ongoing piece of Castle mythology. Hmm… BONUS SCOOP: High School Musical vet Corbin Bleu is guest-starring in this season’s ninth episode.

Can't say I'm surprised, Hawley said they'd delve into again and I'm expecting them to link it up with Beckett's investigation in some way.

Edited by verdana

I'm glad he didn't become a permanent cast member, don't like Brolin he seems like an arrogant guy and it shouldn't colour my judgement of the character he played but it did plus I didn't care about spydaddy - two appearances was enough. 

• Love 1

I love how ridiculously optimistic some fans are, first comment "Bed Scene?" Oh please at this point? IF they ever get near a bed again they'll no doubt be dressed like they're about to head off on an antarctic expedition.

So much chatter about this pic. I cant see a d*mn thing but even if u could, do u honestly think they'd leak a Caskett bedroom scene? Highly doubtful...for a few reasons.

Jay Galbo ‏@jayway728  7 hrs7 hours ago

Powerful Scene today on #Castle episode 809 ...Coming to You Soon:)

https://twitter.com/jayway728/status/657391799506341888

If it's a scene that involves Kate's half arsed investigation into Locksat I couldn't are less.

If it's a scene with Castle and Beckett, I'm only interested if it involves furthering their relationship and putting an end to this ridiculous separation arc.

• Love 1

I didn't see anything controversial about your response. My best guess was what you answered with but was just double checking the info - thanks for answering!

If it's a scene that involves Kate's half arsed investigation into Locksat I couldn't are less.

If it's a scene with Castle and Beckett, I'm only interested if it involves furthering their relationship and putting an end to this ridiculous separation arc.

Can I just say I really, really hate those cryptic type of tweets....it's attention seeking and really annoying - especially considering how volatile the Castle fandom is right now.

God help them they start teasing about some possible reunion in the coming weeks and there isn't one, when I think they couldn't do anything further to prove their inept PR skills and further justify fan cynicism and anger they do something to prove me wrong. 

• Love 3

I don't even know why they're talking about 809 to fans. It isn't until March and we haven't even seen the fall finale....Get over yourselves, nobody cares lol.

It's just basic attention seeking.

• Love 2

I don't even know why they're talking about 809 to fans. It isn't until March and we haven't even seen the fall finale....Get over yourselves, nobody cares lol.

It's just basic attention seeking.

And maybe they're attempting to waylay the negative reaction to whatever fall cliffhanger they've dreamed up.

I think they're back in February. I believe Nashville is March.

I'm going to guess that the blind item is for Nashville, guessed them wrong last time although there was a breakup, but guessing them again, ha....because if I keep guessing Nashville, eventually I'll be right ;-). Character Juliette is out on a ledge in the teaser for the next episode. It's a soap opera, so they could drag that scene out for 4 episodes! Heh. Or she could jump, be in a coma, flat line at the fall finale and come back. Hayden P is having some health difficulties right now, so I can see them writing her temporarily out that way.

Edited by TVWithPity

My guess it probably involves her investigation colliding with his disappearance.  It will involve their relationship but it won't end their separation.  It will put more obstacles in the way so we can watch them fight these outside forces to get back to each other, perhaps around the end of season 8. 

My guess as of now.

My guess it probably involves her investigation colliding with his disappearance.  It will involve their relationship but it won't end their separation.  It will put more obstacles in the way so we can watch them fight these outside forces to get back to each other, perhaps around the end of season 8. 

It's going to leave a bitter taste if this is the final season and they spend the majority of it apart when they were much better alternative options they could have explored together. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

It's going to leave a bitter taste if this is the final season and they spend the majority of it living apart when there could have so many other more positive alternatives they could have explored for Castle and Beckett as a couple.

I agree with you.  My feelings as of now tell me this is how they're going to continue the will they or won't they dynamic they have spoken about.  Maybe it also ties in with that "cosmic" quote about their relationship?

Spoiler Room: Scoop on The Flash, Walking Dead, Castle and more at EW

Hi! Could we have some Castle spoilers? — Fred

You may have heard that Corbin Bleu will guest-star in an upcoming episode — well, I’ve got the exclusive details on his role. The ninth episode is called “Tone Death,” and it involves a murder in the world of competitive acapella. The High School Musical alum will play Hunter Washington, the leader of a rival acapella group. Aca-awesome!

A better title in keeping with this season would surely be Tone Deaf.

• Love 1

It's going to leave a bitter taste if this is the final season and they spend the majority of it apart when they were much better alternative options they could have explored together. 

And really, if it's the last season, they should be thinking about DVD sales.  I think sales will be down if people don't have Casketty good reasons to buy them.

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 1

I can tell u i own all seasons but wont be getting this one!

I've heard that the sideline money doesn't really matter to a show, because it's so dwarfed by the money made from actually airing the show.  But who knows?

And really, if it's the last season, they should be thinking about DVD sales.  I think sales will be down if people don't have Casketty good reasons to buy them.

Maybe, maybe not. DVD sales historically lower with every passing season of a show, anyway.

Maybe, maybe not. DVD sales historically lower with every passing season of a show, anyway.

It's challenging to figure out WHAT they're thinking ;-).  As we all know. ;-).

I didn't buy the season 7 DVDs. It was a choice that reflected my consistent dissatisfaction with last season as a whole. 

• Love 1