Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Thanks she sure is fond of that red lipstick, her hubby in that video looked a bit like what the hell am I doing here oh yeah keeping the wife happy lol.

Promo couldn't see anything new in there.  

Castle seems to have someone pointing a gun at him at the 5 sec mark that I don't recognise, from the hangar scene possibly?

Recall her last undercover assignment for the NYPD. She asked no questions and took unknown risks for the job and nearly got killed just because she could speak Russian. This story must be CIA related which we know the series does not handle that well.

I don't think any of that was her fault. She did asks questions about going undercover and the detectives involved gave her inaccurate information.

I don't think you have to worry about Beckett being the bad guy long. I will bet 100 dollars to a bucket of pig shit that Castle has his own secret(s). When it is all said and done all this season will ultimately do is test the viewers tolerance to plot driven characters doing stupid things until they can get back to where they started. Basically it will be just one big long circle jerk.

We pretty much already know that he does. Castle did a very similar thing to Beckett in his missing time, the fact that he has amnesia doesn't change the choices he made during that time. And yes, getting abducted is very different from what Beckett did. But based on Sleeper, Castle was operating under his own fee will for some of those two months. He made that video for Beckett where he said he couldn't tell her what was going on. It seems like after his abduction they told him what was going on and he agreed to help. I bet if he insisted on bringing Beckett in they would have done it.

• Love 1

Castle seems to have someone pointing a gun at him at the 5 sec mark that I don't recognise, from the hangar scene possibly?

Oh right yeah I see it, with all the cuts its difficult to tell where it is but hanger seems as good guess. 

I must admit I kind of cringe at Castle's line to Alexis "I can't help but wonder what else she's keeping from me" it's done in this portentous way that makes me giggle. They might as well be waving a huge red flag up in the air at this point, I'd prefer if if they'd let Nathan produce a good *doubting face* than have to say that, we get it he's unsure of her. 

Can anyone tell who's walking away from Kate in the first second of that promo? Castle or someone else?

At first I thought it was Castle but looking at the clip more closely again I don't think it is, could it be a woman in profile, the person seems to have light brown hair? Everything is so dark it's difficult to be sure, is Bowman directing again? lol

Edited by verdana

Can anyone tell who's walking away from Kate in the first second of that promo? Castle or someone else?

I think she's wearing the outfit she has on when she goes to Bracken (how many changes does she have considering she's on the run, I don't remember her packing a bag when she left for work in "XY" LOL) and I think she might be wearing it when they get caught in SP2. so it might be Bracken. It's definitely not the outfit she is wearing in SP1

Edited by westwingfan

I don't think any of that was her fault. She did asks questions about going undercover and the detectives involved gave her inaccurate information.

If they'd actually asked her to infiltrate the gang for anything more than a meeting in a reasonably public place I think she would have had a different reaction but then of course we wouldn't have had the episode.

The intel was very weak on all the players involved. She should have listened to Gates and declined the assignment. My point was that she was acting a little out of character which always gets her in trouble.

• Love 1

The guy in the clip looks like Spider Man from the warehouse who put the spiders on Castle, but as someone pointed out Bowman is conserving energy and shooting by candlelight.  The other interesting point is some one tweeted https://twitter.com/Castle_ABC/status/648160416988852225    We're married we tell each other things from Kate's voice I think this was the episode where Nate met Krista Allen in Action Hero, or possibly the Ninja.  Found it funny how it works for one party but not the other, just my rant Thanks

The guy in the clip looks like Spider Man from the warehouse who put the spiders on Castle, but as someone pointed out Bowman is conserving energy and shooting by candlelight.  The other interesting point is some one tweeted https://twitter.com/Castle_ABC/status/648160416988852225    We're married we tell each other things from Kate's voice I think this was the episode where Nate met Krista Allen in Action Hero, or possibly the Ninja.  Found it funny how it works for one party but not the other, just my rant Thanks

Yeah, he's the leader of the mercs. SP2 probably is the follow up to where we left Beckett in "XY" when the mercs pulled up and break into her hiding place and Step Momma Castle has to save her sorry ass.

Beckett shouldn't be blamed for what comes out of her mouth, obviously the new showrunners didn't think Marlowe had knocked her down enough pegs.

The "married people tell each other things" was in Castle, PI, when Kate found out he had not only gotten a PI license without telling her, he'd actually rented/bought an office.  I think he did it because he wanted to surprise her, but I can get why Kate was mad about it.

To be somewhat fair to Kate, what's going on is hardly normal circumstances. We're not talking about Kate lying to him for days/weeks about what she is doing or feeling about something.  She was pulled into a classified case.  I'm not saying she did the right thing, but I don't think it makes her a hypocrite, or that it means their marriage isn't good.  And she did say she understood why Castle was angry.

• Love 1

Poor Castle the penny has dropped finally what being married to a woman who deals in highly classified matters really entails.  He should have conducted appropriate due diligence first before marrying her lol.  

As someone pointed out in one of the replies may be Susan needs to take over PR work from ABC....

I agree with Molly.  Susan was born to twitter!  She could easily publish one of those self help books titled Unsolicited Advice heh.

Poor Castle the penny has dropped

You made my mind go to poor Penny for a second.  Can't be easy being her right now with all the premieres.  Such is the life of an actor.

We're married we tell each other things from Kate's voice I think this was the episode where Nate met Krista Allen in Action Hero, or possibly the Ninja.  Found it funny how it works for one party but not the other, just my rant Thanks

Ha, thanks for the reminder about that line.  Shame the writers have amnesia about it and any number of things.  I wouldn't really like to hear Castle throw it in her face just as I didn't care for Beckett throwing his disappearance in his face either.  But yeah, it would be helpful if the characters themselves would stick by their own principles.

I see Luke's moved away from the black turtleneck of doom to the olive jumper of gloom, or should it be tears!

Thanks she sure is fond of that red lipstick, her hubby in that video looked a bit like what the hell am I doing here oh yeah keeping the wife happy lol.

Good for her if she's fond a lipstick she loves, but I'm just not feeling it.  Nor the hair, the sunglasses, or even the dress.  Her look reminds me of a runway model 'look', but I've never found most of them aesthetically pleasing.  I don't claim to understand fashion.  Her husband's hair... oy.  Reminds me of 90s boy bands or David Beckham once upon a time and it wasn't even a good look for him.  Is Luke now going to be ditching Burberry for Ferragamo? ;)

Wonder what kind of alternative travel project she used to go to Milan for a couple of days

Many celebrities mean well, but it's another thing to live the talk day in day out, in every aspect of your life.  I wish people who really do do that and make all the sacrifices involved got the same kind of attention celebrities do for their causes.

Must be nice to jet off for a mini break in Milano or Hawaii.  It's why I'm not sympathetic towards actors when they talk of long hours because they are very well compensated for those hours compared to people in other professions who do hard work, be they nurses or labourers, and have way more perks from their job than normal people.

Edited by madmaverick

Castle ‏@Castle_ABC 11 mins11 minutes ago

Kate has a secret that she must hide & it's causing trouble. Don't miss an all-new #Castle tomorrow at 10|9c on ABC!

https://twitter.com/...160416988852225

I must admit I kind of cringe at Castle's line to Alexis "I can't help but wonder what else she's keeping from me" it's done in this portentous way that makes me giggle. They might as well be waving a huge red flag up in the air at this point, I'd prefer if if they'd let Nathan produce a good *doubting face* than have to say that, we get it he's unsure of her.

So the way they're addressing the problems with the show is to have one of the spouses keep secrets from the other while they spend less time together? They could have just saved the money and rerun the last season.

Enjoying the very active discussion here.  And the snark.  It is somewhat therapeutic for any annoyance felt heh.  I think some posters have called it on what the upcoming arc will entail, e.g. more secrets being revealed from Castle later on, whether or not he realises he's kept them at this time. ;)  I would very much like the writers to surprise me (in a good way), but Castle is a very predictable show.  OK, so we wouldn't have seen this breakup coming but for Hal, but now that they are going ahead with it, I think by the end of the two parter, we'll make a fair prediction of how things will go from there.  If they must be predictable, let us at least hope the execution is deft.  Success or failure of the arc can depend on whether it's emotionally satisfying, in a way that overrides any annoyance with such an arc being manufactured in the first place.  The writers have obviously gambled on angst and secrets as a draw, while most of us have not professed an eagerness for such. Secrets have never been done well on this show before, will it be different this time around?  We'll see if their gamble pays off in the end in terms of the love story, if not the ratings.

Even if I don't agree with a character's decision, I still want to feel sympathetic towards her plight if it's a character I like and care about.  I hope the writers take care to make the characters empathetic both for the audience and towards other characters.  I just feel if Beckett had been more apologetic and empathetic towards Castle in that scene instead of defensive (which can be a very human reaction also), I, in turn, would be feeling more empathy for her as well.  But I guess if they're being too empathetic with each other, there's no angsty arc to be had. ;)   I also felt kind of sad when Castle was strongly making his point that they were always better together as a team.  Beckett agreed with him, but I got the sense that she didn't feel quite a confident about that as he did and that made me kind of sad.  Maybe she also had other kinds of considerations on her mind at that point, or maybe she still has less faith in them than he does.  It's disconcerting because they hug but you know they're not really on the same page.

As for that entrance by Rita, shades of Alias (Irina) anyone?  Since we're going all soapy, do we want Martha to find out about Rita lol?  I really wouldn't be surprised anymore even if Johanna Beckett came back from the grave.  That would be such a meaty arc for Beckett. ;) 

• Love 2
I must admit I kind of cringe at Castle's line to Alexis "I can't help but wonder what else she's keeping from me" it's done in this portentous way that makes me giggle.

It's to make the audience think that yes, she is still keeping something from him.  You know, in case we don't get it. ;)  Subtle they are not  

I'd prefer if if they'd let Nathan produce a good *doubting face* than have to say that, we get it he's unsure of her.

Heh, that would be his soap opera "did I leave the kettle on?" face.

I see Luke's moved away from the black turtleneck of doom to the olive jumper of gloom, or should it be tears!

Lol, it has a nice ring to it though! If we have to pick one I prefer the black turtleneck of doom, the jumper of gloom is fine if you're going for a casual look for the weekend but not professional looking enough for my liking at work considering she's a police captain. 

Her husband's hair... oy.  Reminds me of 90s boy bands or David Beckham once upon a time and it wasn't even a good look for him.

Yeah I noticed that and you're right shades of Beckham, I'm sure Stana loves her husband exactly the way he is...but I'd be looking to do something about that. 

It's to make the audience think that yes, she is still keeping something from him.  You know, in case we don't get it. ;)  Subtle they are not

They didn't used to treat their audience as if they needed the prompting, I miss those more subtle nuances they used to employ, the audience haven't dropped IQ points suddenly they can *get* what you're aiming for without having a line rammed down their throats to make absolutely sure. Nathan did his best there but but I wonder what these actors must think sometimes when they open up a script and see some of the lines they have to say in all seriousness. 

Edited by verdana

I'm so confused as to how the theme of this season is secrets (again ... they've already done that) and that there's supposedly this breakup but yet they're still consulting with each other and kissing. Like ... none of it makes sense.

Also, it's weird to see Stana jet off to Italy for a weekend to go to a runway show. I guess I didn't think she seemed like the type. (And put me down for a big no on the bold, red lipstick. Personal choice, but eye makeup is more my thing.)

Wouldn't it be cool if they go for the full role reversal of season 4 and have Castle lying about remembering & Beckett withholding things to protect Castle. They are bringing Slaughter back. Like Yogi Berra said "its deja vu all over again"

So, 8x08 is filming instead of 8x07. Stana's in Milan, so it likely means 8x08 is Beckett-lite and with Nathan having NYCC and Con Man commitments coming up in the next week or so, I guess 8x07 (when they film it) will be Castle-lite.

When is Slaughter suppose to be back? Or has Adam Baldwin already filmed?

So, 8x08 is filming instead of 8x07. Stana's in Milan, so it likely means 8x08 is Beckett-lite and with Nathan having NYCC and Con Man commitments coming up in the next week or so, I guess 8x07 (when they film it) will be Castle-lite.

When is Slaughter suppose to be back? Or has Adam Baldwin already filmed?

Slaughter is in 8x08

New promo, Castle working with boys from future eps (nice hat by the way) and his new partner, but you could be forgiven in thinking he works with Beckett again after the two parter, so Vikram is with her in the hangar,shootout.

http://stanacentral.tumblr.com/post/130011390817/caskett2461-new-castle-season-8-promo-with-802

Edited by westwingfan

LOL that ginormous hat scared me!  Of course Castle would be sitting in the backseat of his own Ferrari. ;)  But there could be some good comedy from that as long as they don't go overboard.  I liked that they used Castle books to stack up his laptop.  He sure looks to be in good spirits for someone in the throes of a break up.  At least they look like they get in a good snog or two before heartbreak.  And at least it looks like a passionate kiss even if we don't see the lips as usual.

Who's the person who pushes Vikram to the ground?  Is it Castle?

LOL that ginormous hat scared me!  Of course Castle would be sitting in the backseat of his own Ferrari. ;)  But there could be some good comedy from that as long as they don't go overboard.  I liked that they used Castle books to stack up his laptop.  He sure looks to be in good spirits for someone in the throes of a break up.  At least they look like they get in a good snog or two before heartbreak.  And at least it looks like a passionate kiss even if we don't see the lips as usual.

The lack of Caskett in that promo (except for the two parter scenes) is kind of depressing.  Although they certainly seem smiley with each other in the video chat we see.

Enjoying the very active discussion here.  And the snark.  It is somewhat therapeutic for any annoyance felt heh.  I think some posters have called it on what the upcoming arc will entail, e.g. more secrets being revealed from Castle later on, whether or not he realises he's kept them at this time. ;)  I would very much like the writers to surprise me (in a good way), but Castle is a very predictable show.  OK, so we wouldn't have seen this breakup coming but for Hal, but now that they are going ahead with it, I think by the end of the two parter, we'll make a fair prediction of how things will go from there.  If they must be predictable, let us at least hope the execution is deft.  Success or failure of the arc can depend on whether it's emotionally satisfying, in a way that overrides any annoyance with such an arc being manufactured in the first place.  The writers have obviously gambled on angst and secrets as a draw, while most of us have not professed an eagerness for such. Secrets have never been done well on this show before, will it be different this time around?  We'll see if their gamble pays off in the end in terms of the love story, if not the ratings.

It really depends on the writing....

Caskett have pretty much been on the same page since they got engaged.  The conflict they've faced is external(3XK, Bracken, Whoever took Castle), so it will be interesting to see a conflict between them about how to approach something.  On one hand it could be seen as damaging to the love story (and Beckett's character).  But if done well it could strengthen the love story. Seeing them face conflict and come out stronger suggests they'll be able to handle it better in the future.  It would be entertaining to see them always happy, but no couple never fights.  I am a big believer that people who have struggled and made it through something are stronger than they would have been if they never struggled.

I still think it's a bad call for the show to split of Castle and Beckett, when their interaction is the best thing on the show. But it could end up working. It all depends on how it plays out and how long it drags on for.

• Love 1

I think it is Castle because it looks like to him from the angle he's at that Vikram is aiming at Beckett and he doesn't know that Vikram is her new plucky sidekick, will be interesting to see how Castle figures out where Beckett is going to be so he can be there in the hangar, and if he is critical of her about, as he thought, going off alone, what is he doing there apparently without backup. What a pair! LOL

The lack of Caskett in that promo (except for the two parter scenes) is kind of depressing.  Although they certainly seem smiley with each other in the video chat we see.

The lack of Caskett didn't surprise me, that's what I was expecting given the majority of promotion and interviews. It was nice to see them kissing even though it's done in such a way that you can't see them touch lips, I had better make the most of those moments, I could be waiting a while to see the next one. 

The more I hear about how the filming schedules are working out between Stana and Nathan combined with their off screen commitments elsewhere the more I think I'm right in my initial guess from ages ago that fans are going to have to get used to watching episodes which focus predominantly on Beckett one week and then Castle the next. If the writing is good may be they can get away with it but personally I've never been that interested in episodes that focus on just one of them to the point where the other one feels like they're been given a walk on part.

Edited by verdana
As for that entrance by Rita, shades of Alias (Irina) anyone?  Since we're going all soapy, do we want Martha to find out about Rita lol?  

Hell yes bring it on! I want Martha and Rita to have a moment in all its soapy glory. That would be fantastic, Susan would knock a scene like that out the park. 

I really wouldn't be surprised anymore even if Johanna Beckett came back from the grave.  That would be such a meaty arc for Beckett. ;)

I could think of another term to describe it. There was a time when the idea of this happening would have had me laughing hysterically but with Rita suddenly announcing her presence I feel it's only a matter of time (if Castle gets another season) she'll turn up because that's another classic trope. 

I will watch to the end.  I just hope it isn't to learn how horribly far TPTB will push us...!!  But in Hal I trust (even if she IS the prophet of doom!) and she says there's a story here.  I'm willing to see how it plays out.

• Love 1

From reading your posts you pretty much think Beckett is not only wrong but completely selfish and choosing a case over Castle.

I knew people would see it that way. I don't agree at all, but to each their own.

However, feeling that way and saying that's the story are two different things. That's the part I have an issue with and don't understand.

Selfish Beckett who doesn't love Castle is not the umbrella that Hawley and TPW came up with this season but in the posts you have made it sounds like you think they have and I don't get that.

As for how Beckett has been in the past, yes. She was selfish and chose her mother's case over everyone. But that's not what is happening now. This time it's about protection.

So like I said I get not liking it. I'm not making a case as to why anyone should like this arc. But I don't believe it's fair to say it's something it's not.

Beckett is deciding on her own to walk away from their relationship because in her mind that is what protects Castle. That is what selfish is. Her decision making is completely removing what Castle is to her, their relationship, their partnership. He has no choice, no opinion in anything, she doesn't even speak to him about it. That has been shown to be in her character since the start, I struggle to see what has changed? Her intention may be one of protection, but her choice isn't their relationship. How is she choosing Castle in this situation?

Never once did I say that Beckett didn't love Castle, but she can love Castle and choose the case over him, she can love Castle and choose her career over him (she's done that before). She can love Castle and decide she doesn't want to have to deal with him whilst this threat is ongoing. None of this is me questioning her love for Castle. What I will say is that she is taking advantage of him (again), like she did in DC.

Is she expecting him to just simply wait around for her until she decides they can be together again? Is she giving him the greenlight to go see other people?

In my opinion, any attempt by Castle to change her mind is just regurgitating the same status quo that we've seen for years now. And that status quo is Castle waiting. Waiting for her to be ready (again), waiting until he can change her mind, waiting until he can show her it can be done together.

Why is it always Castle who has to sit around and be the doormat? How does Castle not look like the biggest idiot in this situation where he is once again chasing a person who doesn't want to be with him until the threat is gone?

This situation is built to be unbalanced. Are we going to see Beckett wanting to be with him? Are we going to see Beckett second guess herself, her choices? Or is this just Castle being his typical annoying/nosy self until they decide to touch on it again in November.

I'm not questioning her intentions, I'm questioning the balance of their relationship. Explain to me how Castle doesn't look like the biggest loser in all of this again?

Edited by Chado
  • Love 1

I'm well aware this is the spec and spoiler thread, but it seems like the questioning of Beckett's intentions in the upcoming arc is starting to spin its wheels here and go nowhere. So, for the sake of not beating the dead horse into mulch, let's table this part for the moment until we all see how the setup shakes out.

It may be as bad as some fear; it may not. But there is no use in any fait accomplis before things air. So, spec away, but let's move off the sticking point at least until XX airs.

Thanks for your cooperation!

• Love 1
I really wouldn't be surprised anymore even if Johanna Beckett came back from the grave.  That would be such a meaty arc for Beckett.

Look out for all of the jumping sharks!

I hope you all got that I was being sarcastic.  I'll be there counting the sharks with you.  But I wouldn't be surprised if the writers did see it as a meaty arc. More shows than one have gone for the 'back from the dead' trope. 

Let's play count the tropes and count the blue shirts this season! ;)

Finally we'll get to see the breakup scene at last after all this discussion, and yet dreading it all the same.

Edited by madmaverick

'Castle's' New Addition Talks Hayley's "Unorthodox" and "Independent" Ways at THR 

Another interview with Toks who emphasises that she's acting with various members of the cast. 

Any possibility for a love interest for Hayley this season. Maybe Esposito (Jon Huertas)?
It has not really been mentioned. Hayley’s not really that girl. Jon’s very funny and I think as just a comedic device, he has a little crush on her. It’s not mutual. There’s no sexual tension. Hayley may be a lesbian for all we know! She’s very independent. She loves the job. She’s not in it for what guys she can get. I don’t even think she notices guys most of the time. With the way she is being written and played now, if there were to ever be a love interest it would have to be really well developed over a bit of time. She’s not that cutesy, sexy, go-on-a-date kind of girl.

A lesbian character on Castle? Yeah sure fine why not. 

Oh Toks you obviously don't know how this show works, you may have to develop an instant love connection within an episode or two only to see it disappear almost as fast just ask poor Tamala. 

What can you say about how Hayley will be shaking things up this season?

Where we are in filming the season I don’t know that she’s shaken things up all that much. However, also not knowing the show I keep being told things are so different this season and I’m such a good addition from the cast and crew. I think what my addition to it is doing is it’s giving them other ways to go about solving the crimes that are more unorthodox.

I sense they're just taking it as it goes and seeing how the character is received, by "unorthodox" I guess I'll be seeing Castle breaking into a lot more places this season lol.

Finally we'll get to see the breakup scene at last after all this discussion, and yet dreading it all the same.

Hooray! Lets get this over and done with. 

Edited by verdana

CASTLE’S LITERARY IDOL BECOMES HIS LATEST MURDER MYSTERY, ON ABC’S “CASTLE” at ABC

“What Lies Beneath” – When Castle’s idol, a famously reclusive author, turns up dead, Castle is determined to solve his hero’s murder. But as he and Beckett dig deeper, they discover that truth is stranger than fiction. “What Lies Beneath” will air on MONDAY, OCTOBER 12 (10:01-11:00 p.m. ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network.

Another dreaded Watershed-like discussion in the works with plenty of Kate bashing. Not why I continue watching the show, but that is the risk the producers are taking with a separation arc if it lasts too long. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3
A lesbian character on Castle? Yeah sure fine why not.

I'd rather she be a lesbian than succumb to Esposito's "wandering eye", ugh.  Heh, I can foresee some Hayley/Alexis femslash fic coming in the future especially if they play up that relationship more than others.

I sense they're just taking it as it goes and seeing how the character is received, by "unorthodox" I guess I'll be seeing Castle breaking into a lot more places this season lol.

I wanted to laugh when I saw that ABC promo artwork describing Hayley as someone who "crosses the line". Man, they've got to retire those cliched 'line' cliches.  Beckett puts herself on the line, Hayley crosses the line.  Yeah, we get it.  Yawn.  It's actually more interesting to me when a character makes a quietly brave choice like Ryan did in 423.  Martha would probably say something like, "Who needs lines when life is unscripted, darling!".  

Agree with the poster who said that some people simply aren't going to change their minds about the characters in season 8 of a show.  Some people have fixed characters they like and dislike, for rational and irrational reasons, and they'll take their usual sides in the blame game regardless of what happens in the story.  I hope those people are in the minority, because writers do deserve an audience going into a story with an open mind before judging away.

I think it's not just the light bulbs but the angle at which they shoot the kisses which shield their faces and lips.  Why, I don't know?  I just know most other shows don't choose this angle.

CASTLE’S LITERARY IDOL BECOMES HIS LATEST MURDER MYSTERY

I'm actually really interested to know who Castle's literary idol is.  A writer of serious literature, a master of the macabre, an author from another genre altogether?  I'd love to get more insight into his literary tastes and ambitions beyond the usual talk about fellow mystery writers like Patterson and Connelly.  Castle's identity as a writer is so central to his character, it should get more attention both in the personal insights into his character and in the crime solving aspect.

• Love 1
Castle's identity as a writer is so central to his character, it should get more attention both in the personal insights into his character and in the crime solving aspect.

Amen. That's the one I'm most interested in, anything to do with Castle's writing really because they so rarely delve into it other than very superficially or treat it as a joke (the horrible web commercial springs to mind). 

I think it's not just the light bulbs but the angle at which they shoot the kisses which shield their faces and lips.  Why, I don't know?  I just know most other shows don't choose this angle.

I could think of reason but...really there's no point going there for everyone's sanity heh.  I do agree that Castle is the only show where I've seen this peculiar carry on. It is what is and it's not going to change by the looks of things and I've (sort of) made peace with that, savour them because you never know when the next one will turn up! 

I'd rather she be a lesbian than succumb to Esposito's "wandering eye", ugh.  Heh, I can foresee some Hayley/Alexis femslash fic coming in the future especially if they play up that relationship more than others.

Oh God yes urgh...and I'll take a pass on Haylexis femslash fic too. 

I wanted to laugh when I saw that ABC promo artwork describing Hayley as someone who "crosses the line". Man, they've got to retire those cliched 'line' cliches.  Beckett puts herself on the line, Hayley crosses the line.  Yeah, we get it.  Yawn.  It's actually more interesting to me when a character makes a quietly brave choice like Ryan did in 423.  Martha would probably say something like, "Who needs lines when life is unscripted, darling!".  

Ryan was a hero then but got sort of overlooked with the all the resulting drama, if any one deserves a promotion he's the guy. As for Hayley she can cross the line but lets hope she never gets "taken down a peg" by these writers.

Agree with the poster who said that some people simply aren't going to change their minds about the characters in season 8 of a show.  Some people have fixed characters they like and dislike, for rational and irrational reasons, and they'll take their usual sides in the blame game regardless of what happens in the story.  I hope those people are in the minority, because writers do deserve an audience going into a story with an open mind before judging away.

Yeah for some fans their loyalties are so entrenched that they're never going to modify their inherent bias they will stick on the side of one character no matter what happens. However, the writers aren't above blame for inflaming the fanbase if their writing is doing a disservice to the characters and making it very difficult to like or sympathise.  I'll admit I've had issues in the past with Beckett as a character on and off but it was usually often down to poor execution of the story I think they were wanting to tell but did it poorly. 

Edited by verdana
Amen. That's the one I'm most interested in, anything to do with Castle's writing really because they so rarely delve into it other than very superficially or treat it as a joke

Marlowe was clearly never much interested in delving into Castle's identity as a writer.  Makes me wonder why he bothered to make his title character a writer in the first place if he found writing as a profession to be a bore on screen?!  He could have just made Castle a guy with some kind of special skills who follows the cop around like on other crime shows. ;)  I liked it when they brought up his writer's block, the pressure of reviews and competitors and editors and deadlines, and such things that writers have to deal with on a regular basis.  Showing a writer's life isn't just about showing Castle typing at a screen as Marlowe once joked would be boring.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing a scene of him typing from time to time if it gave us a glimpse of his working style.  And why do we never get to see Beckett watch him at work?  That would be such a lovely reversal, especially with her being a fan.

I could think of reason but...really there's no point going there for everyone's sanity heh.

Heh, I think the sanity ship's long sailed maybe.  But they still do clearly kiss, or is the camera deceiving me?  Their lips may barely move (not that we see them), but I think they do kiss for sure.  There were times when we did see more from kisses.  The school dance kiss comes to mind.  And their bedroom kisses last season weren't too bad.  I have to say I never thought that first onscreen kiss in S3 was shot that well either.  I wouldn't rule out someone like Bowman thinking shooting a kiss at a more hidden angle is more cinematic than something that zooms in onto the lips more voyeur style.  At least they seem to be holding each other really tightly in an embrace there and not like they don't want to touch each other. ;)

Oh God yes urgh...and I'll take a pass on Haylexis femslash fic too.

I know that slash is a big deal in some fandoms but I tend to take a pass on it.  Femslash with Beckett, Alexis is just not for me.  Nor is Alexis/Ryan for that matter.  Definitely not.

The big scene tonight will be a test of TPW and AH's skills.  I didn't like the S3 finale confrontation scene, the S4 one was a bit better mostly because of Castle's ILU declaration but still had its problems, didn't like the S5 confrontation scene with Castle finding out about DC either. So they have not scored well with me in the past in writing scenes where they fight.  There's usually some jarring emotional note from one or both of the characters which leave me shaking my head and finding it difficult to empathise with them.

But they still do clearly kiss, or is the camera deceiving me?  Their lips may barely move (not that we see them), but I think they do kiss for sure.  There were times when we did see more from kisses.  The school dance kiss comes to mind.  And their bedroom kisses last season weren't too bad.

They have a tendancy to wrap themselves in a kiss so we don't see much of the kiss and that they are only touching lips.

I have to say I never thought that first onscreen kiss in S3 was shot that well either.

Thank goodness someone else thinks that. It's the oddest kiss and shot really badly.