Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I like how his other photo was posted 168 weeks ago.

Re: Stana ever showing up: would it be possible that they have a plan in place to film two episodes simultaneously? I know other shows have shot things out of order (and I think Castle has, too, especially with two parters) where they'll jump around to accommodate schedules. So if Sister Cities runs until the end of the month, maybe they've got a plan to knock out all the scenes that she's not part of in both the first and second episodes, and then go back and finish them out when she's around. That's the nice thing about starting filming two months in advance ... they have a little more wiggle room in the timing than they go towards the end of the season (when they go from shooting to airing in five weeks).

LOL at Rob's sarky response, I bet cast and crew are starting to get quite a few of these.

Someone is going to repeat his answer out of context and freak people out.

I dont get the apparent annoyance at Stana for having "movie career." Its not like she's going around acting like she's above Castle or anything. She's just working in another project.

• Love 1
(edited)

I find that fans of TV shows (not movie franchises) feel very proprietary toward its actors. They eye with suspicion all other roles, sometimes even from the past (see Firefly). Current roles in a different project often invoke comments about David Caruso and frequent reminders about being grateful for what you have and so on. Another sign of tunnel vision and entitlement issues, widespread through any and all fandoms. During my time in the Castle fandom I saw it directed at NF many times, now seems to be Stana's turn. Maybe she went through that after For Lovers Only though, I don't know.

Edited by Gant
  • Love 2

I find that fans of TV shows (not movie franchises) feel very proprietary toward its actors. They eye with suspicion all other roles, sometimes even from the past (see Firefly). Current roles in a different project often invoke comments about David Caruso and frequent reminders about being grateful for what you have and so on. Another sign of tunnel vision and entitlement issues, widespread through any and all fandoms. During my time in the Castle fandom I saw it directed at NF many times, now seems to be Stana's turn. Maybe she went through that after For Lovers Only though, I don't know.

Which I don't get. Are there roles for some actors that I identify them with more predominantly? Sure. But their profession by its very nature is not meant to be 50 years and a gold watch, doing one role. Acting is about branching out, playing a variety of different characters and temperaments.

And as discussed here and, I'm sure in other forums and sites, a long-running series is both a blessing and a curse as it allows for some financial security, but that is offset with being boxed in with one character and, in some cases, risking being solely identified by that one show forever, no matter how many other roles one may do after the series ends.

Since acting is a creative profession, it surely must be frustrating if you can never stop being fenced in [see poor George Reeves and Superman as an extreme example] and are typecast, etc.

So I get why actors may take on other work when a show is on hiatus, to keep things fresh and expand their acting muscles, a bit of freedom.

• Love 1
(edited)

I find that fans of TV shows (not movie franchises) feel very proprietary toward its actors.

I can't comment on movie franchises because I'm not invested in any to that degree, but I would have thought people fannish about superhero franchises and mega fandoms like Star Wars might get a tad proprietary also?  What I find more scary is how fans of actors can feel very proprietary towards their idols, to an extent where they think they know what that person might think, feel, react, and so wage war and defence on their behalf accordingly.  Too often people forget that they don't actually know the person they've seen on screen for 7 years or whatever as character and actor lines get blurred after so long.  I just find a sense of ownership along with worship for another fellow human being to be too much for my personal taste.

Current roles in a different project often invoke comments about David Caruso and frequent reminders about being grateful for what you have and so on. Another sign of tunnel vision and entitlement issues, widespread through any and all fandoms. During my time in the Castle fandom I saw it directed at NF many times, now seems to be Stana's turn. Maybe she went through that after For Lovers Only though, I don't know.

There are those who are freaking out unnecessarily, imo, over how involved Stana will be with Castle this season, but now I also see those who are keen for her to move on because Castle is now seen as beneath her talents, unlike artsy indies. ;)  Of course I don't understand why anything has to be either/or.  Plenty of actors juggle tv series commitments with film projects, and imo, they get the best of both worlds.  Good paycheck and a chance to stretch more artistically.

Stana tweeted about wanting to do a FLO sequel (I personally sincerely hope not!) but then she deleted her comment.  Wonder what that was about?

BTW, that's Mrs. Katic to you.

Shouldn't it be Mrs. [stana's husband's surname that I can't possibly spell!]?

natef209 I'm social media awkward.

Lol.  His social media bios are rather pithy. 

I'm surprised he's jumping on the instagram bandwagon at this late stage.  Maybe he's decided to give it a try now or to replace whosay, maybe his team is on him to get on it. Stana was on it, off it, and then on it again.  Actors really seem obligated to be on social media, preferably as many platforms as possible these days.  But how many can you possibly do if you want to do it all yourself and not have your team do it for you?  Got to leave some time for work. ;)

Nathan and Stana's instagram handles leave me a bit mystified.  Not sure what the 'dr' in drstanakatic is about unless she has a secret Ph.D. no one knows about, or maybe it's short for 'dear'?  And 'natef209'? I would have thought that was fake if he didn't link it himself.  Did an imposter take over his name account?  (OK, what's the Robocop reference?  Too long since I watched that.)  And have to say, that's kind of an unflattering pic to post for starters.  Maybe that's the difference between guy and gal actors.  I don't think you would find many actresses posting even slightly unflattering pics of themselves in this image conscious age.  But he's obviously going for his own comedic bent.  Bus pointing?  Sometimes I don't get him, heh.

Edited by madmaverick

The best part, I think, is that it's already taken. There's a natef209 on OK Cupid in Texas (interests work, the gym, relaxing after work and the gym, guns).

For some, it doesn't matter that another project is taking priority for the time being (it won't be forever for Pete's sake). All that matters is Stana is not where some believe she's "supposed to be" right now. 

Frankly, what the current situation has accomplished is cutting down on some of her nuttier crazed fans who hang out on location constantly in the hopes of seeing/talking to/getting a picture with and/or autograph from her. And that's a blessing if you ask me. 

Shouldn't it be Mrs. [stana's husband's surname that I can't possibly spell!]?

It's not a name that rolls easily off the tongue, Brkljac. I'll follow Rob's lead and stick with Mrs Katic. 

I dont get the apparent annoyance at Stana for having "movie career." Its not like she's going around acting like she's above Castle or anything. She's just working in another project.

Yeah how dare she! The cheating little minx abandoning her one true Castle love while she does something she's invested in and presumably finds creatively fulfilling for a few more weeks. Katic is certainly no David Caruso. By the looks of things she won't be back on set until August so there's plenty of time for fans who feel she's betraying the show (and them) to get even more worked up into a tizzy.

It's not like she's playing truant, TPTB must have known about her schedule for a while and whilst it may impact on the first few episodes of the season that's just the way it goes and I'll take that into account when the time comes. It's not the writers fault and this is what happens when a show ages and the cast want to increasingly work on non Castle related matters to alleviate the monotony. I expected this, she signed on for another season but she would have asked for things in return that were negotiable and this is the result Castle fans. She's able to spend time on certain filming projects and they accommodate her accordingly. I'm sure they'll do exactly the same for Fillion if it became necessary and fans will get a few Beckett heavy episodes instead.   

The funniest example of this attitude I saw when fans learned that Nathan Fillion took part in the Much Ado filming during the filming of Castle and also started complaining that he used his precious Castle time for another project. The funny part was that he mostly filmed on weekends, even if Castle accommodated him a little with no Fraturdays or similar things, and that it only became known after the fact anyway. Like months after it was filmed, and no one noticed his absence for the episodes in question when it was actually happening. So I thought the complaining was absurd. Next summer, when he had several projects to promote, like Monsters Uni, Much Ado and Percy Jackson there were again complaints from the Castle fandom described above, how he needs to be grateful for Castle and promote it instead of his summer projects, how he forgets Castle for the "movie career" and such. So I guess it's the usual thing. We'll hear even more of this nonsense when Stana Katic's projects start coming out all at once and she does promo for them, droves of people reminding her of her Castle roots will arrive with banners flying. If Castle is still going to be a thing at that point.

(edited)

There's a new 'ship' on Castle.  

http://t.co/c29yK3Xl0T

Just trying out drama stirring, Ausiello style. :P  I miss the Castle ABC promos that sizzled rather than just being about the funny.

Frankly, what the current situation has accomplished is cutting down on some of her nuttier crazed fans who hang out on location constantly in the hopes of seeing/talking to/getting a picture with and/or autograph from her. And that's a blessing if you ask me.

You may have spoke too soon.  I see that the location stalkers are out in force again.  Is it like a hobby?  Toks already shut down a fan who was asking for their shooting schedule, and if Stana would be on set because it was imperative that they meet her. ;)  Wouldn't be surprised if those fans try to track her down wherever Sister Cities is shooting at.  Not surprised at the lengths fans will go to anymore to get to the subject (object, really) of their desire.

It's not a name that rolls easily off the tongue, Brkljac. I'll follow Rob's lead and stick with Mrs Katic. 

Shouldn't it be Ms. Katic? Or Mrs. B, if she so chooses?  Can't think of the last actress who on a husband's name professionally after marriage... oh wait, Amal Clooney.  But she's not an actress.  ;)

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan 

Unsolicited advice... Stand up straight, hold you stomach in...you lose ten pounds and ten yrs... prepare to be carded!

Unsolicited Advice..look in the mirror smile ironically and give yourself a round of applause...be sure the lighting is good!

Loving Susan's nuggets of advice heh.  She's reminding me of a no nonsense high school teacher.  Susan enjoys better lighting in the loft, but as for the bedroom and the precinct...

Edited by madmaverick
I miss the Castle ABC promos that sizzled rather than just being about the funny.

I liked the ABC House promos. I thought they were creative, funny, and had innuendo that was characteristic of early Castle.

Can't think of the last actress who on a husband's name professionally after marriage... oh wait, Amal Clooney.

If they're want to incorporate their married name, most just tack on their married last names, I think, at least professionally: Courtney Cox Arquette, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Jada Pinkett Smith, Kim Kardashian West. The number of famous women that change their legal name is probably a lot more than we're aware of. The only person that comes to mind as going by her married name is Victoria Beckham. Stana Katic Brkljac is kind of a mouthful, though. (And wow, autocorrect hates it! hahaha.)

(edited)
Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  4 hrs4 hours ago

I've been thinking about possibly doing a Castle Q&A soon. Would anyone be interested? #Castle #CastleSeason8

Oh Erik..if you value your sanity, don't.

Here's the youtube version since ABC don't like us foreigners checking out their clips. Sigh

Modern Castle - Mash-Up Minute

Yeah no sizzle there definitely played for laughs. 

Nathan was great in Much Ado, I think he surprised himself and he admitted he was scared but sometimes it's good to be scared and then go for it. 

Had to laugh at Susan's no nonsense advice as for the lighting mention that gave me a chuckle. 

I liked the ABC House promos. I thought they were creative, funny, and had innuendo that was characteristic of early Castle.

Yeah absolutely. I liked the part #1 of that which is the clip I remember. 

Edited by verdana

Lol I never seen those promos before but I wasn't paying much attention back then. I youtubed the 2:30 min promo and cracked up at creepy guy from Lost.

Hey, maybe Alfred got to do the master bath, but I'm going with Martha's apartment or an office (home/campaign) for Beckett depending on which storyline tptb went with.

CastleArtDept: We have designed and built a whole new permanent set..any guesses?
(edited)

Hmmm new apartment for Martha that's my favourite or praise be Alexis finally moves out. 

Bolt hole for Beckett...just kidding.

Since I'm convinced she's going to be captain not Senator a campaign office I've stuck off my list of possibles.

Castle already has his PI office which I presume he's kept so he doesn't need another one.

Edited by verdana

It is a lot of hair, but Molly's hair is still really long, so it definitely could have been more traumatic ... but the way that they're talking around her makes it sound like a storyline decision, not like it was her idea.

... time jump, maybe? (I'd hate if it was a significant time jump [like, a couple years and Beckett is a senator] and not just the normal few months. I hate time jumps in shows in general, though, not just in this case.)

but the way that they're talking around her makes it sound like a storyline decision, not like it was her idea.

At the beginning of the video, she or someone says it's for a good cause.  There are several organizations that accept hair donations to make wigs for cancer patients, but they require that it be a certain length of hair, often at least 8 inches. So perhaps that's why they cut so much.  I know gals who deliberately let their hair grow long enough for a donation before they get a haircut. 

It sounds like someone says "locks of love" at the end, which is a charity where people donate hair to make wigs for kids with cancer. So maybe she's doing that? But then you'd think she'd say that instead of calling the clip 8x01 BTS. I can't think of why they'd force Molly to cut her hair for a storyline....how could it really matter?

It is a lot of hair, but Molly's hair is still really long, so it definitely could have been more traumatic ... but the way that they're talking around her makes it sound like a storyline decision, not like it was her idea.

... time jump, maybe? (I'd hate if it was a significant time jump [like, a couple years and Beckett is a senator] and not just the normal few months. I hate time jumps in shows in general, though, not just in this case.)

I hate time jumps too, but they would need to do one even if they are just making Beckett captain. She said in the finale that she could run her own precinct within a year, so I don't think it would be immediate. I feel like there may be a jump though, there have been references to changes and a time jump is the easiest way to do that.

It sounds like someone says "locks of love" at the end, which is a charity where people donate hair to make wigs for kids with cancer. So maybe she's doing that? But then you'd think she'd say that instead of calling the clip 8x01 BTS. I can't think of why they'd force Molly to cut her hair for a storyline....how could it really matter?

The video has #locks of love as a tag, and their minimum is 10 inches of hair. That's sweet of Molly!

Ah ... I didn't notice that. That makes sense. I donated by hair the last time I drastically chopped it off, but not to Locks of Love, I don't think. I think my salon sends all their donations to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. They require slightly less hair, iirc (I think their minimum is 8 inches) but they don't take any sort of color treated hair.

Either way, I really like the idea of donating your hair, especially if you're going to gut it anyway!

(edited)

Totally OT, but I had my guy cut off 18" of hair which went into the garbage because it can't have ever been dyed, and it can't have grey in it. They're wigs for children. They're going to be outgrown, probably (hopefully) shortly, and dyed hair would still look better than acrylic. I think they're being way too fastidious.

Edited by Julia
(edited)
Sandra knows best © ‏@Sandraxf  3 hrs3 hours ago

Stana is returning to the #Castle set next week and going to post bts photos on instagram https://instagram.com/drstanakatic/ . You can all relax now.

It won't end there, I bet the next fuss will be that she doesn't post any pics of her and Nathan together.  

Lets hope they don't come over like those annoying messages that made it sound like this was the end of her Castle career which would promptly set the fans off again on a fresh round of hysteria.

As for any possible time jump on the show I presume they'll do what they've always done - incorporate one relatively quickly to take account of the hiatus over the summer - I don't see that changing even with the new showrunners on board.

Edited by verdana

Don't they ever get tired of drama?  Or can a fandom not be run on boredom? ;)   It's a sad testament that every actor, crew, random person associated with the show, even professional spoiler providers have been subjected to Drama on social media in one form or another by now.

I bet the next fuss will be that she doesn't post any pics of her and Nathan together.

I thought the fuss was about them not following each other on Instagram. ;)  And yes, repeatedly telling them both to do it will do the trick.  Not.  Stop demanding people to do your bidding on social media.  How have people not realized that is off putting and likely gets the opposite reaction?

Nathan with a fan.  Almost missed a ghostly Bowman photobomb. :D  Looks like they weren't filming in the most scenic of environments.

https://twitter.com/MaggieNicholson/status/625000065170477056/photo/1

Will have to see if the ghost of Marlowe resurfaces this season.  In the writing, I mean.

Hey, maybe Alfred got to do the master bath, but I'm going with Martha's apartment or an office (home/campaign) for Beckett depending on which storyline tptb went with.

My dream is that the new set is the master bathroom with a big jacuzzi for couples' soaking (even then we might only see silhouettes ;)), but obviously that's a pipe dream.  In reality, the most likely thing is a Captain's office for Beckett.

Molly did get her hair cut by the Castle hair guy, but not sure if that was a mandated look by TPTB or of her own choosing.  Hope she won't have to wear hair extensions like Stana did.  Doesn't make much difference to me whether a character has long hair or short as long as the look suits the character.  Maybe they wanted to give Alexis a more sophisticated look, or just to refresh things a bit?  Now if Susan ditched her wig, that would be a real shocker, heh.

Great that she's donating her hair and that there's a charity to make useful needed things out of it.  We are so wasteful about so many things.... food waste, electronic waste etc., which is really a travesty when there are still so many in the world who go without.  It's bad to hear producers say they prefer to dump things because it costs them less than giving it to a charity.  Or sometimes even charities dump things because it costs them too much to transport them to where it's needed.  But we live in a consumption driven society/economy, and short of making it costly to dump things, I don't see our behaviour changing sadly.

So looks they're filming quite a few scenes in another dodgy sort of warehouse area.  How many warehouses have they filmed in already?!  Of course, some might say their Raleigh set is like one big warehouse too heh.  And I think there was a Sheriff car in the background of Nathan's pic of the crew on instagram.  Are there Sheriffs in NYC?  Too soon to tell if the new showrunners will up the quality of the COTW in the premiere.  It probably won't be just a run of the mill case, but if they're going big, then I hope the quality rises also. 

So Stana's back filming in LA tomorrow, huh? So really she only missed, what, two weeks, and that's including all the pre-episode stuff they did? That's not so bad. The way people blew the whole thing out of proportion you'd think she was planning on being gone until after Christmas or something. Geez.

Two social media posts made me laugh: first, Matt Mitovitch is tired of the Castle fandom drama, too, and Stana's gone shopping.

So looks they're filming quite a few scenes in another dodgy sort of warehouse area.  How many warehouses have they filmed in already?!  Of course, some might say their Raleigh set is like one big warehouse too heh.

Raleigh Studios has quite the history. Seems like even Castle has been touched by it.

Google it, it's fascinating.

Thanks for that tidbit, Wendy.  I had no idea.  

Ah, so that explains Luke's wardrobe choices.  The invisible (or visible... something about wanting to be 'seen'?) hand! :P

Not sure what stage Castle films on (10, 11?), or what lucky show is on stage 5.

Stana Katic ‏@Stana_Katic  

Gearing up to start #Castle tomorrow. Got the 1st two eps in my paws.

Geronimo!

#DivingIn

Hallelujah!  May the drama finally end.

Will be interesting to see if Stana keeps her hair colour and cut for SC for Castle or not.  She may still have to go back to filming SC later on.  I liked her darker hair lawyerly SC look and think it could be a good look for Captain.

I know people like Matt Mitovitch make their living off fans, but they've got to have a lot of patience dealing with annoying and rude fans on social media and their own headache inducing comment pages.

Sound guy @EAkorn did a brief Q&A on his twitter.

Toks Olagundoye ‏@ToksOlagundoye  

VERY true. I'm so grateful for the fans, so I like to to take the time to say hi, but if folks don't like it I may [run]

I'm going to predict that she'll burn out on twitter before season end at her current rate of reply.  And one only has so much patience in responding to rude and obnoxious tweeps. 

Will be interesting to see if Stana keeps her hair colour and cut for SC for Castle or not.  She may still have to go back to filming SC later on.  I liked her darker hair lawyerly SC look and think it could be a good look for Captain.

I didn't see too much of the style, but the darker color is very reminiscent of S1 Beckett.

Well, Matt Mitovitch has the option of failing to post there's a rilly big seekrit I know and you don't neener hur clickbait stories (a ridiculous number of which generally turn out to be some producer teasing "something the fans will respond to") and the people who get inflamed about that kind of crap will take it elsewhere.

Of course, Matt Mitovitch won't have a job shortly after that, so perhaps he should treat his readers with the same enthusiasm he cashes his paycheck with.

(edited)

So Stana's back filming in LA tomorrow, huh? So really she only missed, what, two weeks, and that's including all the pre-episode stuff they did? That's not so bad. The way people blew the whole thing out of proportion you'd think she was planning on being gone until after Christmas or something. Geez.

Two social media posts made me laugh: first, Matt Mitovitch is tired of the Castle fandom drama, too, and Stana's gone shopping.

She's been in LA the whole time since Sister Cities is being shot in and around LA. But as you put, some people act as if she was in the Middle East the whole time (which is where that shopping pic was taken because Amin took a similar one a few months ago). Edited by Nadine

Well, Matt Mitovitch has the option of failing to post there's a rilly big seekrit I know and you don't neener hur clickbait stories (a ridiculous number of which generally turn out to be some producer teasing "something the fans will respond to") and the people who get inflamed about that kind of crap will take it elsewhere.

Of course, Matt Mitovitch won't have a job shortly after that, so perhaps he should treat his readers with the same enthusiasm he cashes his paycheck with.

I disagree. TV Line is a celeb rumor/spoiler site. So people know the score when they click the link. And it gives no one an excuse to act batshit crazy about fiction. That is where personal responsibility comes in.

• Love 2

I disagree. TV Line is a celeb rumor/spoiler site. So people know the score when they click the link. And it gives no one an excuse to act batshit crazy about fiction. That is where personal responsibility comes in.

That's true. It's also true that he knew the score when he took the job, and the job is riling up the crazies for ad revenue. There's an element of personal responsibility involved there too, JMO.

(edited)
And it gives no one an excuse to act batshit crazy about fiction. That is where personal responsibility comes in.

There's very little personal responsibility though when it comes to the crazy side of fandom.  TvLine is clickbait much of the time although they provide legit spoilers too.  I read that site regularly and it can be annoying but I never saw any article teasing that SK wasn't going to be in the first episodes after she signed her contract for this season. That drama was completely fan-created and teased by people who actually knew nothing and had no secrets to tell as it turns out.  

Edited by Betweenthisandthat
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hallelujah!  May the drama finally end.

Will be interesting to see if Stana keeps her hair colour and cut for SC for Castle or not.  She may still have to go back to filming SC later on.  I liked her darker hair lawyerly SC look and think it could be a good look for Captain.

I didn't even notice Stana's hair looking that different, but maybe I missed some pictures.  I've always liked her hair darker though.

And the fan drama will never end.  In twenty years people will be posting on whatever social media is being used then and talking about how someone asked Nathan about his newest project and he didn't find a way to work in a reference to Stana.  

I never saw any article teasing that SK wasn't going to be in the first episodes after she signed her contract for this season. That drama was completely fan-created and teased by people who actually knew nothing and had no secrets to tell as it turns out.  

Right, that was always all fan made up.  TVLine made a point of telling people her contract was for all episodes (because of earlier rumors about that not being the case). Then people heard about her second movie and made up the idea of her not being in the episode.  TVLine said that wasn't the case and everyone ignored him.  Crazy people have selected memories, I guess.

As for any possible time jump on the show I presume they'll do what they've always done - incorporate one relatively quickly to take account of the hiatus over the summer - I don't see that changing even with the new showrunners on board.

I've never really understood why shows feel the need to do a time jump just because they weren't on the air for a few months.  I think the audience is capable of keeping track of things like that.  Unless the story calls for it (like Beckett needing to recover from getting shot, or Castle having to save the world and get amnesia about it), they should just pretend it's been the same amount of time as any other episode.  Especially since the jumps they've done on Castle lately don't even line up with a 4-month hiatus.  Before S6 and S7 we had a two month jump, and at the beginning of S5 we had an unspecified one that must have been less than that (based on Beckett saying she and Castle had been together 12 weeks in Probable Cause). 

But I guess storyline probably may dictate a jump this year to explain Gates being gone.  Unless she's the murder victim in the premiere or something.

Edited by KaveDweller
(edited)
My dream is that the new set is the master bathroom with a big jacuzzi for couples' soaking (even then we might only see silhouettes ;)), but obviously that's a pipe dream.  In reality, the most likely thing is a Captain's office for Beckett.

My dream too but since we haven't seen anything like that in 7 seasons, alas it gets relegated to my Castle fantasies. It could be another room in the loft but that doesn't excite me much since it just means they get interrupted in another place. Although I'm sure Alfred Sole's set design will be wonderful as usual. 

But I guess storyline probably may dictate a jump this year to explain Gates being gone.  Unless she's the murder victim in the premiere or something.

Heh, first Montgomery gets killed then Gates got the bullet (literally) that's one position I wouldn't be aiming for promotion into any time soon - at least not at the 12th. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)
Matt Mitovitch is tired of the Castle fandom drama, too,

Aaah but he loves it really, according to one blog I trawled today he supposedly promised a fan more click bait with another Castle story that's going to stir more shit up, I haven't seen anything yet unless he's had second thoughts or it's coming out mid week. 

Matt's exchange of tweets with those fans was amusing about the number of appearances for Stana and he often make me laugh with his sarcastic comments to those fans misguided, confused, angry or just plain crazy. However, what would be more relevant and important (at least to to me) would be to ask Matt how many of those scenes he mentioned does Beckett share with Castle?

Edited by verdana
(edited)

And in how many of those Caskett scenes do they get naked? :P  Just kidding...sort of.  Yes, I'm always going to hope that Caskett share a lot of screentime together, but if that's not the case in the opening 2 parter, then I at least hope their scenes together are of high quality where stuff really happens and their chemistry is intact.  I don't want scenes which leave me feeling indifferent.

Susan Sullivan
‏@realssullivan
Wear more hats!

https://twitter.com/realssullivan/status/625409333245841408

Good advice!  Out in the sun if not on Castle because I fear what Luke would do with hats.  Susan should dole out her unsolicited advice to Castle fandom for their drama issues. ;)  I hope she's still in her twitter bubble of not having been subjected to the Drama and the Nasty.

This will get Alexis Hawley into the fans' good books for a while at least, heh.

Alexi Hawley ‏@AlexiHawley
Together again #CastleSeason8

https://twitter.com/AlexiHawley/status/625705939568463872

How long has it been since we saw a pic of Nathan and Stana filming together?

Posh environment. :D  Bowman photobombs again!  Let's hope this scene is better lit, but by the looks of it, I'm guessing half their faces will be in shadow.  Especially when they kiss of course. ;)

Edited by madmaverick
I didn't even notice Bowman upon first glance at that photo, lol.

He has to "interrupt" even a bts pic because like he said, you can't give fans all that they want. ;)  But touching is always good, can't complain about that. 

I do like the matching tops, so Luke is off to a good start.  Stana's hair looks lighter again but that could be the light affecting perception as well.

Are those the railway ties that Nathan said were poisonous?  And they are right next to them heh.

(edited)

Heh, why am I not surprised Hawley tweeted that BTS pic given the current hysteria over Stana not being around. I wonder if that's the one time they worked together this episode lol.

He has to "interrupt" even a bts pic because like he said, you can't give fans all that they want. ;)  But touching is always good, can't complain about that.

Yeah quit the interruptions Bowman and let there be light!  He's probably discussing with them where best to put the black out curtains. 

I love Susan, I hope she's in the premiere wearing a hat or not I don't mind but give her something funny and witty to say please to offset against the undoubted serious drama coming our way. 

Edited by verdana

Amanda ‏@TinkonBrink  47 mins47 minutes ago

Possible moment in #Castle S8 where sleepers will be more interesting than "Sleeper"...

Heh. True.

Michal Zebede ‏@MichalZebede  Jul 24

At this moment, Rob Bowman is bringing one of the most chilling, hair-raising scenes in the history of Castle to life. Ready?!#CastleSeason8

More hyperbole or the real deal? Only about ten more weeks to find out. 

Michal Zebede ‏@MichalZebede  Jul 24

At this moment, Rob Bowman is bringing one of the most chilling, hair-raising scenes in the history of Castle to life. Ready?!#CastleSeason8

That just reminded me of Castle's "spine tingling, bone chilling" little ditty heh.  I know not everyone was a fan, but I thought it was quite catchy.

At least this new writer didn't tweet that Bowman was bringing one of the darkest scenes in the history of Castle to life. Heh. ;)

I would hope that all the new writers have binge watched all the seasons of Castle, but with 7 seasons to digest, I fear they may have just watched some "best of" compilation.  Problem is, don't know what they consider that to be.  And if you don't watch absolutely everything, it's easier to get continuity wrong about the little things, but things that matter to fans.

I would hope that all the new writers have binge watched all the seasons of Castle

Yeah, I think it is safe to say that won't happen. Not just Castle, but any such long-running show.

It should, but it won't. Not with deadlines and table reads and meetings.

I would hope that all the new writers have binge watched all the seasons of Castle

In that case, if I were a new writer, I'd definitely take to twitter (or my preferred social media) and start polling the fans for what they consider the best episodes (and why they think that!) and watch what I could. Polling the fans should give you a broad enough idea what tone/theme/event people are looking for (if I could weed out the crazy) so that I could try to incorporate that into my episodes. Win/win for everyone: I try to appease the fans and fans see me as someone they might be able to "count" on.

(edited)

That interview is nothing that I didn't already assume (in terms of her contract negotiations and why she decided to stick around/would want to leave), honestly. It's very much in line with everything she's ever said about her future with Castle.

What I'm more interested in is her brief description of the first two episodes of S8 - "brother and sister" - which is what some speculated here, that XY was Castle's take on things and XX was Beckett's. That's a pretty interesting angle, actually, and I'm interested to see how they make it work.

Also ... I'm amazed at her summer. Geez, girl stayed busy!

Edited by McManda