Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

A Nancy Drew in a hijab would also be pretty groundbreaking, and perhaps what is needed in this climate.

Like Ms. Marvel? Love the reboot and was thrilled to be in the audience at Spokane when the book won a Hugo.

Imagine, a superhero whose family is alive and supportive and who is not traumatized by rape. Gosh.

'Bikini Girl' baffled me. Who wears a bikini under her clothes? What's wrong with a bra and panties, especially since, IIRC, that particular swimsuit had bows or something that would ruin the line of a dress.

Was this some weird offshoot of American puritanism that wouldn't allow ordinary underwear? But does allow the Victorious Secret panty show as a primetime broadcast.

This headline caught my eye.

Forever Creator Dishes More Season 2 What-Ifs: Adam's Escape, Henry's Immortal Fling, a Castle Crossover?! at TV Line.

Despite Forever sharing a network with Castle, there was no chance for a crossover event. “Couldn’t, because Castle was ABC Studios and we were WB Studios,” Miller wrote.

Forever of course was cancelled, a pity since I'd heard good things about it, I wonder if ABC regret that decision given they're so desperate to plug the gaps with Paul Lee hinting about big changes to Castle to prolong its life and laughably praising up other shows that are clearly destined to finish this year. They should have given Forever a chance to gather some further momentum, it's clear Castle's numbers are bleeding every year irrespective of the storylines. Castle was once close to meeting its end in the first season but they kept it but these days shows don't seem to get the chance to build an audience and following. 

• Love 1

It is a shame about Forever.... I watched it and got the sense it was starting to gain momentum. Perhaps if they had renewed it for S2 (even just 9 episodes to start with) it may have continued to build its audience. Word of mouth was definitely growing at the time it was cancelled. It's all conjecture but I wonder if ABC are kicking themselves....in hindsight.

• Love 2

Yeah, I think Forever should've been kept at least to be a winter hiatus show with 10 eps while Castle could end this season. Then if Castle manages to get renewed, they could have the 10 eps winter hiatus that American Crime and Agent Carter have been doing and then have Forever take over Castle's spot back with a full season. It's too bad that Forever wasn't an ABC studio show since that might've help them to get another season.

• Love 1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA1JqcFR4b7/

drstanakatic 11h

Finally got my paws on this honey. Thank you! Everyone!

I am fortunate to be gifted with your love, but Beckett is not created alone. If you love anything I've done with her it is because of her creators Andrew Marlowe & Rob Bowman ... Because of all of the writers who have poured hours of thought & passion into her journey... Because of all of my truly talented, fabulous costars, without whom #Castle would not be possible... and because, of course, my crew, whose artistry, work ethic & humor delight & inspire daily.

We are so lucky to have entertained you all of these years.

My heart to you... All of you.

Smooch,

Stana

Edited by verdana

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, Blacklist, Castle and more at EW

Hi! Any scoop on Castle’s return in February would be appreciated. Thanks. — Rida
When the show returns, Castle and Beckett are finally on the same page. “They’re back together, but they’re keeping it a secret,” EP Alexi Hawley says. “They’re fighting in public and romancing in private, which adds a little spark to their relationship.” Bonus scoop: Jon Huertas and Susan Sullivan will both sing in the a cappella-themed midseason premiere, which features Corbin Bleu.

I'm not finding much funny about this season (unlike the writers) but what I do find consistently amusing is this talk of creating "spark" between them, all they need to do is add the spark into the dialogue naturally and forget about having to generate an excuse to use it like this pathetic separation business. Jesus. 

But on a upbeat note, finally Susan gets something to do other than give crap advice to her son about his marriage. Jon sings in any case so hopefully it should be okay and not cause second hand embarrassment. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

http://tvline.com/2016/01/22/blind-item-drama-series-actor-returning-surprise/   Any guesses as to who the character is and from what show?  Demming, Josh, Capt M, Gates, Sweets from Bones, anyone from Greys?   Fun to see how it works out, darn there is that F word again

Considering how Hawley loves wallowing in the past and doing his own spin on everything, I say Montgomery comes back from the dead and he's involved with Locksat. Depending on how contract negotiations go, both Beckett and her old captain can go out in a blaze of glory together. 

Edited by verdana

That blind item really doesn't sound like anyone on Castle.  I'm thinking Katharine Heigl on Greys.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, Blacklist, Castle and more at EW

I'm not finding much funny about this season (unlike the writers) but what I do find consistently amusing is this talk of creating "spark" between them, all they need to do is add the spark into the dialogue naturally and forget about having to generate an excuse to use it like this pathetic separation business. Jesus. 

But on a upbeat note, finally Susan gets something to do other than give crap advice to her son about his marriage. Jon sings in any case so it hopefully it should be okay and not cause second hand embarrassment. 

Occasionally, Susan has also been allowed to give good advice to her son. Or at least she gave good advice to Beckett (it just wasn't taken). But she definitely deserves a chance to do more.

I'm tired of sites reposting the same quotes from the show runners and pretending it's new information.

Occasionally, Susan has also been allowed to give good advice to her son. Or at least she gave good advice to Beckett (it just wasn't taken). But she definitely deserves a chance to do more.

Pity that the plot required her to ignore it, another weakness in the whole separation saga - it relies on almost everyone behaving OOC to ensure the story can rumble along - as for Castle I found her comments to her son grew more laughable as the separation progressed. Suggesting he leave well alone and things will work themselves out with his wife eventually when the separation had been dragging out for a good few months...yeah right that's a great way for Castle to end up dealing with divorce no 3 and given her spotty marital history she should be more aware of than any one. 

I'm with you on the interviews, most of these places seem to rehash old quotes and dress them us as fresh spoilers. Although with regard to who would be doing the singing I believe that's new information for a change. 

westwingfan. Thanks, this may bode well for my future viewing of S8 that when it comes to Castle related matters my recall can't stretch back even two weeks. 

On a separate note I hope everyone is safe and sound and not buried up to their necks in snow, checked on my news feed and Storm Jonas looks bad. 

Pity that the plot required her to ignore it, another weakness in the whole separation saga - it relies on almost everyone behaving OOC to ensure the story can rumble along - as for Castle I found her comments to her son grew more laughable as the separation progressed. Suggesting he leave well alone and things will work themselves out with his wife eventually when the separation had been dragging out for a good few months...yeah right that's a great way for Castle to end up dealing with divorce no 3 and given her spotty marital history she should be more aware of than any one. 

She had to say that to make the plot make sense.

It reminds me of an interview Susan once gave, where she said that when the writers need Martha to be smart, she's smart. When they need her to act clueless, she's clueless. That pretty much sums up everyone on Castle.

I am fine with checking reality at the door at 10pm on Castle Monday (and sometimes Sunday, these days ;-)). But if they don't do a snowmageddon episode, complete with 40 inches of snow in downtown NYC, it's over for me. No, really! (not really).

But it definitely feels like a missed opportunity -- Castle and Beckett in storm trooper gear, up to their waists in white powder, fighting crime, of course. Chuckles.

Edited by TWP

I am fine with checking reality at the door at 10pm on Castle Monday (and sometimes Sunday, these days ;-)). But if they don't do a snowmageddon episode, complete with 40 inches of snow in downtown NYC, it's over for me. No, really! (not really).

But it definitely feels like a missed opportunity -- Castle and Beckett in storm trooper gear, up to their waists in white powder, fighting crime, of course. Chuckles.

Hee. I guess that is one advantage for the actors that the show takes place in LA but doubles as NYC: Not having to brave the cold! I watched/still watch various incarnations of the L&O franchise in syndication, and I always felt sorry for the actors during winter filming because it is/was actual snow. And sometimes seeing their breath in the cold as they interviewed/scoped out or whatever! And they looked frozen. I guess the nice paychecks made the suffering bearable.  :-)

Some of the thick winter gear and hats were entertaining, though!

• Love 1

Honestly? I think all these drops are testing the waters for feedback. I still think the show is done this year. Both leads seem bored and ratings are terrible.

I hope they are reading the comments then because there isnt a lot of enthusiasm

TV Guide must be looking for clicks or something, so they just reiterated the old quotes.

But does ABC actually think people would watch this show without both Castle and Beckett (or especially without either of them)? I'm almost rooting for the ratings to drop even more in February so they'll announce the end and let the writers do a real series wrap up for the end of the season.

• Love 3

I find it weird that Molly keeps retweeting these "spin-off" links, almost as if something has been promised or implied to her. Why else would she be happy about her job potentially being at risk with its bread and butter possibly not returning?

Maybe she just wants to see her loyal followers tweet about how much they want to see her be Castle PI Jr? But I agree, i think she has been promised something...her and NF. JMO

She could just like the idea that ABC is supporting the show no matter what.

But she probably has been told they'd want her on the "spin off." They gave the character a personality transplant this season so she could play PI with Castle. There's a reason for that. Sounds pretty terrible to me.

• Love 1

If they spin Molly off, I don't think Nathan would do anything more than an occasional appearance to help her get started.  In my opinion, he's going to have enough opportunities elsewhere that it wouldn't be worth it to risk Castle P.I. flopping after Castle was such a success.

• Love 1

Reminder:  Paul Lee also said he expects Nashville to go on for a long time.  Bah-hah, yeah right, given that Nashville hit sub-1.0 ratings this season.  Paul is blowin' smoke.

But yeah, this is repeated click bait and maybe a trial balloon...a spinoff would probably be based on Derek Storm novels or something. 

And why does Molly keep linking these articles?  Likely Molly knows her job may soon come to an end and is wishful thinking, just like Paul.

Update:  Fixed my silly ongoing Paul=Phil mistake ;-).

Edited by TWP

Wouldn't Molly have to be automatically the lead if they want a Nathanless Castle? That's the only way the name of the show can continue with any kind of sense (unless Nathan did intro voiceovers to whatever case the 12th was investigating).

Tone Death Press Release 

“Tone Death” – When a body is found in the theater of Martha’s latest show, Castle and Beckett’s investigation leads them into the unexpectedly dangerous world of competitive a capella. “High School Musical”’s Corbin Bleu guest stars. “Tone Death” will air on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8 (10:01-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), on the ABC Television Network.

They still refer to Beckett as a Detective Beckett but then she's continuing to act like a detective so may be it's not sheer laziness and they have the right idea leaving it like that after all these months. 

I see Molly to her latest tweet about a possible spin off got a whole load of similar responses like this below.

Gabi ‏@breathe_life_in  2h2 hours ago
@MollyQuinn93 @AlwaysCaskett__ No matter the reasons, it's not why people watch the show. Without both, it's better if it's cancelled.

María ‏@heycastles_  3h3 hours ago
@MollyQuinn93 I'm sorry Molly, but Castle is about Caskett's story. If there is no Caskett the story is over.

If TPTB are testing the waters in various ways to try and find out what kind of reception such a new look Castle might get (although frankly if they really have to do that to know then they're dumber than I thought) I think that's been safely answered at this point. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Wouldn't Molly have to be automatically the lead if they want a Nathanless Castle? That's the only way the name of the show can continue with any kind of sense (unless Nathan did intro voiceovers to whatever case the 12th was investigating).

My real worry is a Beckettless show with Nathan and Molly as the leads. ABC may be dumb enough to try a season with Stana because they think Nathan is the draw.  But surely they wouldn't try something without Nathan OR Stana.  Would they? 

An Alexis-centric show without Castle or Beckett wouldn't bother me cause I could just not watch it and pretend it doesn't exist. And cause they could say Caskett is living happily ever after offscreen. But I'd have a harder time not watching if Castle was still present on the show cause I'd want to know how they write Beckett off, then inevitably get depressed by it.

Also, if they are thinking of an Alexis-spin off (which is a big if), I bet Seamus and Jon are pissed. They are the ones who've had a bigger role on the show for 8 years, with very little glory. 

They still refer to Beckett as a Detective Beckett but then she's continuing to act like a detective so may be it's not sheer laziness and they have the right idea leaving it like that after all these months. 

I'm going to go with laziness. Someone just copies and pastes all that stuff and it's probably someone who doesn't watch the show.

• Love 1

My real worry is a Beckettless show with Nathan and Molly as the leads. ABC may be dumb enough to try a season with Stana because they think Nathan is the draw. But surely they wouldn't try something without Nathan OR Stana. Would they?

An Alexis-centric show without Castle or Beckett wouldn't bother me cause I could just not watch it and pretend it doesn't exist. And cause they could say Caskett is living happily ever after offscreen. But I'd have a harder time not watching if Castle was still present on the show cause I'd want to know how they write Beckett off, then inevitably get depressed by it.

Also, if they are thinking of an Alexis-spin off (which is a big if), I bet Seamus and Jon are pissed. They are the ones who've had a bigger role on the show for 8 years, with very little glory.

I'm going to go with laziness. Someone just copies and pastes all that stuff and it's probably someone who doesn't watch the show.

I wonder if the show has to go the Beckett-less route will Jon and Seamus potentially find themselves out of a job as they desperately try to erase all traces of Beckett in an attempt to get the audience to transition to Castle PI?? It's depressing just hypothesising about it....I'm sure the reality would be even more so!

Responses to Mollys tweet were swift and brutal. Not surprisingly. I think TPTB really are that stupid tho.

Normally I would feel bad about fans piling up on an actor's feed like that, but what the hell did she expect?

Some pictures from Tone Death.

I have to say I'm not that impressed with her outfit here looks like she's just got out of bed and put a robe on then skipped to work. 

I'm not even going to start on Castle's wardrobe....sigh

Yeah, she looks kind of casual there.  She's not ever wearing heels. But hey, she and Castle are together. Maybe she did just roll out of bed where they were having lots of make up sex? And she doesn't have nice clothes at the loft because she moved them all into wherever she's been staying?

• Love 1
Normally I would feel bad about fans piling up on an actor's feed like that, but what the hell did she expect?

For people to express their dislike as adults and not anonymous raging douchenozzles?

Sorry, but I can never condone the assholery that Twitter evokes.

• Love 3

JMO but i think all the co stars should keep quiet knowing fans get upset, until ABC is more clear to us about their plans.

But ABC doesn't let folks know: May just tells the tale, axing or continuing. And as long as actors aren't acting like idiots towards fans and vice versa, IMO, actors are allowed their own opinions. They're human, too.

If fans don't like reading them, they can always ignore them or unfollow on Twitter.

• Love 1

JMO but i think all the co stars should keep quiet knowing fans get upset, until ABC is more clear to us about their plans.

Molly may be attempting to rally fans in the hopes that a wave will build for a spin-off. 

I might add that it must be hard to be a lead like Stana and Nathan on a show, because if you decide to leave for other opportunities, you may effectively be sending a whole cast and crew to the unemployment line. I'm all for giving this spinoff idea a go if it comes to that. Who doesn't have affection for some of the cast and crew, and want to see them happily continuing to work. It's a win-win, as far as I can tell.

I'm as likely to watch a spinoff as I am to watch Stana and Nathan in cringeworthy situations because of how whatever BTS issues or contract negotiations impact the story....maybe more likely.  We'll see how things go this spring, but Caskett may be kind of awful. Give me a cast that seems relatively happy and fulfilled in their jobs any day over what we have now. It will make for a more satisfying and entertaining show, for me, at least.

Root for your job, Molly.

Edited by TWP

For people to express their dislike as adults and not anonymous raging douchenozzles?

Sorry, but I can never condone the assholery that Twitter evokes.

I actually think people were expressing their dislike as adults, I didn't see any doucheness directed at Molly. They were just saying they weren't interested in a show without Castle and Beckett.  Which may not have been nice for her to see, since she clearly wants to keep her job.  But if she's going to Tweet that she thinks that's a good thing, she gets to see a lot fans (respectfully) disagreeing.

There certainly may have been assholery that I missed though, which certainly wouldn't be acceptable. 

• Love 2

Did anyone else watch the new Fox show Lucifer? It's Castle except, instead of a charming, bad boy writer worming his way into consulting with a sassy NYPD officer, it's a charming, bad boy actual devil worming his way into consulting with a sassy LAPD officer. And on this show, she has a daughter with an ex not him. But you totally know they're gonna bang if the show lasts long enough.

The actor who played Sorenson even had a guest role in the pilot.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

I might add that it must be hard to be a lead on a show, because if you decide to leave for other opportunities, you may effectively be sending a whole cast and crew to the unemployment line.

I do wonder how much this factors in when the main stars (or showrunners) are making critical decisions about their own jobs/careers. I'm very cynical and I'm guessing it's not something that's high on their list of concerns. It's very laudable but I'm sure everyone knows they could be looking for a new job at any time. It's just the type of business they're in, almost everyone except for a lucky few are living to some degree in an atmosphere of constant job insecurity. I don't think you can rely on any one in this business but yourself. 

If I was a member of the secondary cast and crew on Castle at this point I'd definitely be polishing up my CV and reaching out to friends and contacts to see what work was around. I'm sure the signs will be there if fans care to look way before any announcement is made that something is up because people will need to get themselves sorted out with a new gig way before May. 

Another thing I find odd is when stars quit a show and move on some of their once adoring fans immediately start abusing them for doing so, this reaction always baffles me. Why on earth would you want to keep someone in a job they don't want to do any more? They wouldn't suffer that in their own lives so why expect it of actors?  If Stana and/or Nathan upped and quit I'd say good luck to them in the future and be happy and thankful they wanted to stick around as long as they did. 

Edited by verdana

Remember last summer Jon H held a contest for fans to re-do his highlight video reel?  I thought then, well here it comes shopping for a new role, almost as someone said updating their CV or Resume here in the states.  As for Molly, she can't be that naïve and be thinking all is well with the Hawley Winter version of Castle, so by putting that tweet out she received the honest and frustrated opinions of many fans.  Most I read were professional towards her, and I agree Wendy, hiding behind an alias does not give anyone the right to dish on someone without offering them an opportunity to face the accusations.  I think that the show hitched it's anchor to the leads and failed to develop the secondary cast to a degree where they would be high on a search list for new shows.  Using a football analogy, the head coach is supposed to help develop the assistants so they would someday be Head, but I don't see one secondary character on Castle that would command someone tune in to watch a new show, then hold the audience much like Nathan did in Season 1.  Stana was green (her own admission) and worked very hard to command her following, she is very talented and from all we hear very community orientated and giving person.  What ever Business Reasons do force one or both to leave, the story is dead to me, a writer and his muse, not TBD to have fun according to AH.  Just my opinion.    I bet Marlowe is asking under his breath to those who berated MilMar so much Do you miss me NOW??