Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Chili's

3 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

What?! I hadn't heard that!! I voted early and was looking forward to doing it again. I have a feeling for the yearly elections they probably won't, which whatever, parking is easier at my normal polling station. And I do understand it can be hard to find people to staff but it really seemed popular.

I hadn't heard that either. I also voted early and really appreciated that (getting to the polling place during its operating hours on election day would have been nearly impossible for me this year) and it was definitely popular. Something like 40% of all registered voters in my town voted early (the town clerk gave updates every day on Facebook). 

But I wonder if it's less expensive just to allow anyone a mail-in ballot, as they do in many other places. That would accomplish the same result in terms of giving people more flexibility. 

13 hours ago, Kalliste said:

We also don't get an opportunity to vote on things like you are. We vote for our candidates and then they work on hour behalf... and then do the opposite of what we'd actually like.

Oh, I don't know. That doesn't really sound all that different from how it is here. Sure, there's the pretense that we get to vote on things, but usually it doesn't actually work in our favor unless that's what they wanted to do anyway.

I voted early and it was wonderful. There were only two other people in the building at the same time I went to vote. I'm from a smaller town in a very far suburb of Chicago, thought. I heard other early voters had long lines to wait in.  That was back, oh so many months ago, when I still had hope for the future. I've pretty much given up at this point.  I'm so utterly disgusted with everything happening right now, on all sides.  But...I don't want this happy place to turn political, so I'll leave it at that.  

We saw Get Out over the weekend. It was excellent. I was really uncomfortable with the social commentary, because there were a lot of examples of stupid things white people say to prove that they're not racist, that are just really obvious bending over backward and makes us look stupid.  I cringed a couple of times thinking, crap, I've said shit like that!

Here's a question? Did you ever want to see what I look like in comic book form? If so, read this! http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Half_Hearted_Headache/5535547/

Last Sunday, a friend of mine put together an awesome scavenger hunt for our group of friends. We divided into 3 teams of 3 and then headed out for adventures unknown. Each team got 5 envelopes, a box, and a bag and were told when we could open our first envelope and proceed. The comic above covers it pretty well, but it was a riot!

There were 5 locations we had to go to and each location had a puzzle you had to solve in order to figure out how to get to that location and then a puzzle you had to solve once you got there. There was also a 4 page list of "bonus" things you could find on your scavenger hunt in order to earn more points. 

Originally, the entire thing was timed. However, since this was the first run through of this type of thing, there were some issues in which teams would solve a puzzle faster or slower than anticipated and it held up some of the destinations. So the timed aspect of it was cancelled around halfway through. 

Here were our destinations: 

Clue 1 led us to a laundromat where we had to dress up in clothes found in the bag we were given and take pictures before heading to the next spot. 

Clue 2 was a bunch of QR codes that kept rick rolling us until eventually it took us to another address. When we got there we had to play a game of battleship and each "hit" was a different shot! Unfortunately, one of those shots was a shot of Malort (the most foul tasting liquor ever invented). I almost barfed it right back up!

Clue 3 was in Morse code and led us to another address in which we had to stop a nuclear bomb from going off! Or, at least, that was the puzzle. We had to use teamwork to guide a glowstick into a "containment unit" that was really a safety cone using nothing but three strings. 

Clue 4 took us to an escape room in our friend's garage that we had 30 minutes to solve! We solved it with 7 minutes left! Booyah!

Clue 5 took us to a very run down shopping mall in which we had to recreate that old egg drop experiment - create a secure place for the egg and then drop it from the second floor. Our egg did not survive. 

Other things we did:

• Took a picture of an 8 inch tall ice cream cone which we convinced the folks at McDonald's to make for us! The best part was an employee yelling to his manager "he wants 8 inches" as he was trying to explain what we were asking for! 
  • Dressed up a fire hydrant in clothes. 
  • Stalked people at the local Walmart until we could find and take a picture of a guy with a mullet. 
  • Dressed our (very large) buddy up in a child's Spiderman costume. 
  • Drew a dirty picture and hung it on a Starbucks community board. We're not welcome back. 
  • Stalked around a graveyard looking for a grave that had dates of 1800's on it. 
  • Crammed 3 people into a port-a-potty for a group picture. 

All in all it was an awesome, if very long, day! We had a blast and we were so tired at the end of it! The hunt started at noon and we didn't wrap it up until about 5. More like 6 after we went through everyone's photos and videos. 

We ended up grabbing a bite to eat with some friends, so I was going going going for about 8 hours. We all had a blast though! Our friend is going to put together another one for us in the fall. However, I believe that there is a sub-reddit which helps people plan these types of things! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Glory said:

Clue 1 led us to a laundromat where we had to dress up in clothes found in the bag we were given and take pictures before heading to the next spot.

Clue 4 took us to an escape room

Clue 5 took us to a very run down shopping mall in which we had to recreate that old egg drop experiment

• Took a picture of an 8 inch tall ice cream cone which we convinced the folks at McDonald's to make for us! The best part was an employee yelling to his manager "he wants 8 inches" as he was trying to explain what we were asking for! 
  • Dressed up a fire hydrant in clothes. 
  • Stalked people at the local Walmart until we could find and take a picture of a guy with a mullet. 
  • Dressed our (very large) buddy up in a child's Spiderman costume. 
  • Drew a dirty picture and hung it on a Starbucks community board. We're not welcome back. 

... after we went through everyone's photos and videos.

In order by what I edited above... 

1- what did you end up wearing?

4- Had you done an escape room before this scavenger hunt day? I know a few friends who have done ERs.

5- Did you have to find or buy things in the mall to make the egg device, or were you limited to whatever was provided in the bag you were given?

"He wants 8 inches" will never NOT be funny.  Does McD's charge more for super huge ice cream cones? Did you use the child's Spiderman costume on the fire hydrant?  Did you have to explain what you were doing with Walmart mullet guy, or did you just have to take a photo, like sneaking up on him? WHAT DID YOU DRAW ON THE STARBUCKS PICTURE?!!

Lastly, were you instructed to shoot photos/ videos yourself, or was someone tailing you, shooting your three-some?

You know that I already read the comic yesterday (Glory posted it to FB) and I just want to say how awesome your friend is for doing this. Sounds like fun! I gave up watching the BBT a few years ago, but when their episode doing the scavenger hunt happened, my sister on the east coast called me and said I HAD to watch that night's episode, so I did catch it. I'll have to look for that sub-reddit.

1- what did you end up wearing?

Leggings, shirt, dress, belt, hat... it was ridiculous. All clown looking and ginormous

4- Had you done an escape room before this scavenger hunt day? I know a few friends who have done ERs.

Yup. But I get angry because I obviously know all the answers and no one listens to me. So, this was a good team to do it with. We were good at teamwork. 

5- Did you have to find or buy things in the mall to make the egg device, or were you limited to whatever was provided in the bag you were given?

We got a box that had straws, rubberbands, etc... in it. 

Does McD's charge more for super huge ice cream cones?

They charged us for two cones. 

Did you use the child's Spiderman costume on the fire hydrant? 

We used the hat and the shirt from the laundromat

Did you have to explain what you were doing with Walmart mullet guy, or did you just have to take a photo, like sneaking up on him?

We snuck up on him!!! Stealth mission. 

WHAT DID YOU DRAW ON THE STARBUCKS PICTURE?!!

A dick butt. Obviously. 

Lastly, were you instructed to shoot photos/ videos yourself, or was someone tailing you, shooting your three-some?

We took all the photos/videos ourselves. 

25 minutes ago, King of Birds said:

You know that I already read the comic yesterday (Glory posted it to FB) and I just want to say how awesome your friend is for doing this.

For sure!! It was a really fun day!! He put a lot of thought/effort into including making the giant nuclear puzzle game, putting together all the clues, designing the puzzle room... but he said he enjoyed it!!!

• Love 1

I am now a person who has seen Logan. Anyone else seen it yet? Thoughts?

I was told there was a lot of violence before going but wow, there is a LOT of violence. Pretty damn brutal.

• Love 1

Yes, to both. I saw Logan, and felt it was very violent as well. My generic thoughts (since we're on chilis and not the movie thread) is that it was well done, very sad, and it may be the first comic book movie to make me feel bad.

Saw Logan today. I've seen just about every X-Men movie and some of the standalone Wolverine ones. After the church scene in Kingsman and a lot of the stuff in Deadpool, the violence didn't bother me. That being said, there was a lot more emotional impact to the violence in Logan. And Patrick Stewart was heartbreaking. I can't say I enjoyed it as in it was a fun movie, but it was very good and will stay with me for a while. 

• Love 1

That scavenger hunt sounds terrific! We did a few scavenger hunts for parties when I was a teenager, but they were never anything nearly that good!

I have not seen Logan, so I can't comment on that.

RE MA early voting: I heard about the controversy on a local news program, but it was not clear that they are actually going to get rid of it, only that some complaining was being done (apparently it costs money to do it), and so there was a debate going on.

We're getting a blizzard on Tues. I love that we get advance notice for things like this, though it seems a bit late in the season for it to happen.

I want to see Get Out. Even if it's uncomfortable. After all, we all used to watch The Office, so we know how to be uncomfortable in the hands of a show. It's part of what I like about a certain kind of media-- it might make me cringe, but it's almost good medicine.

Speaking of uncomfortable, Michael Scott was referenced on a news-related tv show I was watching earlier today; someone was describing how uncomfortable they were with something a politician had said, and explained it as "It's like Michael Scott from The Office!" It struck me that it's been a long time in tv years, since The Office went off the air. But the cringing remains-- I mention this not because of the political context, but because of the Office reference. I haven't heard one in a long time.

(edited)

I binge watched 2 seasons of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend over the last week. OMG. I'm in love. It's so amazingly ridiculous. I can't even. 

I'm not a huge X-Men fan, so I probably won't see Logan. I can't wait for the new Thor movie in order to see my favorite ugly-hot actor, Jeff Goldblum, wearing some AH-MAZING eyeliner. 

jeff-goldblum-thor-ragnarok-crop.jpg

Edited by Glory
29 minutes ago, Glory said:

I binge watched 2 seasons of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend over the last week. OMG. I'm in love. It's so amazingly ridiculous. I can't even.

It's a fun show, I started watching s1 last summer. Remember when sacrebleu and I did that "vote for your favorite theme song"? Part of the reason I enjoyed that project was because the Crazy Ex-GF (season one) theme was on rotation in my head. "She's so broken inside!!" Plus, I know about West Covina CA. And she moved there from NYC!

PS- good luck to the Great Northeast this week!

Edited by King of Birds
3 hours ago, Glory said:

I'm not a huge X-Men fan, so I probably won't see Logan. I can't wait for the new Thor movie in order to see my favorite ugly-hot actor, Jeff Goldblum, wearing some AH-MAZING eyeliner. 

jeff-goldblum-thor-ragnarok-crop.jpg

Hell yes!! CANNOT WAIT!! The colors in those pictures look amazing. And so different from what we've seen. But first--Guardians of the Galaxy in May. I am so excited. WOO!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Glory said:

I love that show. So fun and weird. And today I was listening to the latest episode of the podcast The Sporkful and the person who recorded the sign off (they have listeners do that) introduced himself as "Paul from West Covina, California" and I immediately burst into song.

• Love 2

Well, those are okay reasons too, LL. But seriously - as a Weird Al Yankovic fan since an early age, it was the music that really caught my attention. After all, as Rachel herself says:

Celestial orbs have tons in common with, well, human ones — or so Bloom thought after an eighth-grade science class. “I was fascinated by white dwarf stars. They’re so dense with material,” she says. “When my boobs were getting big, I was like, ‘These are dense! Like a dying star!’ “

The other funny thing is - on CXG they will hang sometime at a Boba joint, and I was all "WTF is that?" Since ya know, I'm always up on the hip happening drinks. I swear at first I thought "Is it a coffee thing?" - but learned it isn't. And then I noticed has it's been spreading throughout the Valley. One of the nearby coffee/donut/breakfast places now has a big "Boba" sign up.

And, like chili's itself... nope, haven't tried it yet. Any of you?

Edited by King of Birds

on CXG they will hang sometime at a Boba joint, and I was all "WTF is that?" Since ya know, I'm always up on the hip happening drinks. I swear at first I thought "Is it a coffee thing?" - but learned it isn't. And then I noticed has it's been spreading throughout the Valley. One of the nearby coffee/donut/breakfast places now has a big "Boba" sign up.

I did! And was unimpressed. It's essentially sweet tea with tapioca balls (TWSS!) in it. I think someone figured out a way to charge latte prices for tea-- which costs about 2 cents to produce. 

I do love Crazy Ex-girlfriend, though. Some of those songs are total earworms -- that are a little odd to have running through one's head (the UTI song springs to mind)

I've tried Boba. It's weird. It's a drink you chew. I don't know... I do like Thai Iced Teas (even though they're 7000 million calories) and somtimes they have the little tapioca bits in them. 

Heavy Boobs is my favorite song. Followed by Shit Show. I love them all though. I like to sing the Sexy Getting Ready song in the morning. I crack myself up. 

• Love 2

Everything is closed. I slept til 2pm. They didn't even bother trying to plow my street til a few minutes ago. The snow had built up halfway to the top of the STOP sign across the street from me. Thanks, Blizzard! So far we haven't lost electricity, so I'm taking it as a cinematic day off. The snow is blowing so hard, the air looks like it's full of fog. The wind is loud, but if I imagine a musical score instead of the minor freight train sound of high wind, it's a perfect setting for every movie you ever saw that wanted to get people into a cabin somewhere with no distractions or escape. But even better, because as long as the grid doesn't go out, I have tv, internet, hot water, and heat.

I love CExGf. It's hard to choose a favorite song because so many are so awesome.

I had never heard of boba, either. And now that have... I like tea and I like tapioca, but I'm not sure I'd like them together. I might try it at home if I run out of things I know for sure I like, but it doesn't sound appealing.

Those wildflowers really are beautiful.

I can't speak from experience wrt the DC cherry blossoms, but there was quite a bit of talk here in MA, about how things that have started to bud in general are in danger when we get this kind of weather. Where I am, it's a little early for much to be budding (I'm at high elevation, as well as being near the MA/NH/VT border so a way different climate zone than DC), so we shouldn't see much damage here. But even just a half hour south and in the valley it's probably a lot worse, so if it gets really cold in DC I'd say they'll have a pretty big loss (the snow itself might be OK, but it's the temperatures that are usually the bigger problem).

----

I was all set to post, but then I decided to actually look it up instead of running my mouth on uninformed speculation. I'm so old I remember when you couldn't just look shit up on the web on a whim, and had to either guess or go to the library and spend half a day rooting around for answers.

Anyway, this is what I found: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DCs-Cherry-Blossoms-Will-Be-in-Most-Danger-Overnight-416136423.html

Also, for future reference: https://cherryblossomwatch.com/

Heavy Blooms should be a song now.

15 hours ago, King of Birds said:

The other funny thing is - on CXG they will hang sometime at a Boba joint, and I was all "WTF is that?" Since ya know, I'm always up on the hip happening drinks. I swear at first I thought "Is it a coffee thing?" - but learned it isn't. And then I noticed has it's been spreading throughout the Valley. One of the nearby coffee/donut/breakfast places now has a big "Boba" sign up.

I'm surprised this is new to you, actually, because I recall it being a fairly popular thing back around the time I was in graduate school, so more than 10 years ago, and I've never been one to be aware of trends before they get big. I've had it, but I'm not really a fan. I don't like solid things in my drinks as a general rule. But also I found something weird about the taste of the drink both times I tried it.

I don't think I have a favorite CXG song, but easily the one I sing the most is "I Give Good Parent". It just gets stuck in my head for days at a time. 

Edited by smrou
  • Love 1

I first heard about boba several years ago, but it's not something I'm interested in at all.  I don't even like pulp in my orange juice, so I sure don't want tapioca (which I don't like anyway) in my tea.  Like Glory, I love Thai iced tea, but strictly without tapioca.

It's been bright and sunny here (although below freezing) for nearly two weeks.  Even though it's not particularly warm, I am loving the sun and the lack of additional snow. It seemed it snowed nearly every other day in January and early February (I'm exaggerating, but not by much).  I just want it to start warming up and heading towards spring.

After reading this thread, I went to the Thai restaurant for dinner for an egg sammie and a boba tea.  Because I looove me some boba.

Favorite Crazy Ex-Girlfriend song? Like Glory, the Sexy Getting Ready Song cracks me up.

But @SACREBLEU - what does this do to the cherry blossoms? Will it kill off all the bloom? 

We're expecting several days of temps @ freezing so-- looks like a bum year for cherry blossoms. 

The thing about this snow is the fact that it happened after the time change-- so there were kids out playing/sledding past 6pm-- because it's still light-- that felt so bizarre.

It was fun yesterday-- but the snow refroze overnight-- and it's nigh-impossible to walk in (also the dog wants to romp in the woods-- and I can barely manage the  terrain in these conditions.)

22 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

It was fun yesterday-- but the snow refroze overnight-- and it's nigh-impossible to walk in (also the dog wants to romp in the woods-- and I can barely manage the  terrain in these conditions.)

Yeah, the snow, rain, and freezing temperatures made it really difficult for my dogs to go out this morning. As in they're nearly refusing to go out because it's so hard for them to walk. It's just about solid enough for them to walk on, but there's an occasional fall through. And the worst is the frozen jagged pawprints that they hate but it's where they want to go. Sigh. I hope it warms up and melts!

This morning was so icy and gross. I spent close to 3 hours snowblowing and shoveling yesterday and was too lazy to go out and do the end of the driveway again before bed even though I could see that the plow had been through a few more times and left some big chunks. It wasn't a lot (most of the plowing happened before I started or while I was still out there) so I figured I'd just do it in the morning. That was a bad decision because those chunks were frozen solid by this morning. I chipped and kicked away what I could but ultimately just had to drive my little car over the big chunks and hope for the best. 

We got about 6 inches (pauses for a comment by @KingofBirds ) of snow. 

So, not too bad. It is melting pretty fast. It will be gone by tomorrow. Rigby (my puppy) love it and was frolicking. Lexi (my old lady) was like "fuck you puppy!" and peed in the house because she didn't want to go outside in the snow. Bitch. 

34 minutes ago, smrou said:

This morning was so icy and gross. I spent close to 3 hours snowblowing and shoveling yesterday and was too lazy to go out and do the end of the driveway again before bed even though I could see that the plow had been through a few more times and left some big chunks. It wasn't a lot (most of the plowing happened before I started or while I was still out there) so I figured I'd just do it in the morning. That was a bad decision because those chunks were frozen solid by this morning. I chipped and kicked away what I could but ultimately just had to drive my little car over the big chunks and hope for the best. 

I saw that little plow pile last night and thought the same thing: Get it in the morning, there's not much. Yeah....bad idea. Effing solid. I had to chip away a square in my pajamas this morning to get the trash and recycling out. It could hold all over 150 lbs of me--it was SOLID.  It was a right pain in the arse. 

• Love 1

I forgot to wear green.  Well, really, I didn't even realize what day it was. I never know what day it is half the time. I know it's Friday, but it seems like it shouldn't be the 17th of March already.

• Love 1

Late to the boba discussion, but I agree with everyone who doesn't like to chew their beverages, so I've never tried it even though boba shops are quite prevalent in HI. They tend to serve boba in other ways, too - for example, at a fancy buffet, you might find a liliko'i (passionfruit) panna cotta with lavender-infused boba. I HATE flowery flavors, so I'd just scrape the boba off.

No snow here in FL, of course, but I did 33 years in Minnesota, so I can empathize.

It was in the 50s yesterday, and about 9:30, I was surprised to hear sloshing because it was way too cold to swim. I went into the living room, where my husband was watching TV. He noticed the floor was wet, and then our soaking-wet cat walked by us. We think she just fell in (and, thank God, figured out how to get out) but aren't entirely sure cat #2 didn't push her.

Edited by Babalu
  • Love 2

A little while back there was a small discussion about applauding at the end of the movie. There was some light applause at the end of Beauty and the Beast yesterday. I loved the movie and so did the families that were in there, too, and it was wonderful, communal, joyful moment.

Also, the movie is very good. Daughter asked to watch the original animated with dinner and it came off as cartoony (which, animated for kids, so no duh) but it does make a good point of how far animation and live action movies have come. I saw the animated in the theaters when I was in high school and it didn't bother me how Maurice and LeFou were just so exaggeratedly goofy. The characters in the live action were all better served.

• Love 1

I LOVED IT! 

It was so beautiful and sweet. Everything was just perfect and I couldn't have imagined any better casting. 

There was clapping before the movie even started and then some cheers at the end! Very fun to see in a packed theater. 

• Love 1

I haven't seen it yet, but the only negative review I've seen was from my nephew's wife, and she's a bit, shall we say, not-well-rounded.  She's a nurse, but has no taste or common sense. She's kind of trashy.  Anyway, her complaint was that, 1) It wasn't the original and 2) it didn't have the same songs in it.  I commented on her review that if that's what she wanted, why didn't she just pop the DVD into the player and stay home?

• Love 1

Well. It's spring HERE. Not sure about the Nor'east. I already am taking allergy pills to help with the crazy crap growing due to all the rain. Plus, a house nearby sold and the new owners (who are just going in and fixing up and flippin it) had some guys tear up ALL the trees, plants, grass etc.  The property wasn't in great shape but when I was walking the pup, I think I could feel my eyes burn with all the stuff in the air. 

Sympathies to KoB: Particulates are the worst!

Not feeling springlike here at all, but I have an enclosed porch (totally uninsulated and the windows are very loose), and I overwintered some plants in pots out there-- and they've greened up. I have them covered pretty well, so it's much warmer than outside or even in the porch outside the covers. So despite the giant snow banks, I am feeling a little springy indoors. My (indoor) cactus plant, which usually blooms in May and Novemebr just bloomed even though it's only March, so maybe the plants know something I don't.

I'm dying for spring. Every day, this conversation occurs in my house

Me: Can we put out the patio furniture yet?

Guts: Is it warm enough for you to sit outside? No? Then not yet. 

Ahhhhh!!! I just want it to be here already!

We may be getting our house re-sided. We got a nasty hail storm the other day and we've been waiting for one in order to run things through insurance. However, I'm wanting to move so I can have a shorter commute to work and Guts is content to stay where we are. I want to spend as little money on the house until we know for sure what we're doing but if I was siding it just for me I'd make different choices than if I was going to re-side the house for re-sale value. So, I'm in a pickle. 

• Love 1

Not exactly spring-like here due to the continued presence of large piles of snow after last week's storm, but the last two days have been warm enough when I left work that I felt comfortable outside in a t-shirt. And looking at weather.com the forecast calls for rain on 10 days out of the next two weeks, so...I guess that's pretty spring-like. 

Edited by smrou

Hey, you guys! I'm getting a puppy! It's a corgi. It was just born last night, so I'll get it in two months. I'm super excited!  I told the cats all about it. They seem unimpressed.

• Love 5

I'm so jealous, @Pixel! I've been wanting a corgi for years, but I don't think my cats would do well with a dog. I hope you'll post pictures sometimes and tell us cute corgi stories. Do you have a name picked out?

• Love 1

A Corgi! A short-tail? I had one in the early 2000s. Great dog.  I stopped and chatted with a guy the other day walking a Corgi- such sweet dogs.

As my dog is getting "up there" I sometimes think if I'll get another one after her. I do get annoyed with people in the park who say "oh get a younger dog now and it'll help" ... etc etc. But they don't know my dog and our bond, and her temperament.  But enough of my yakking- good for you @Pixel!  A 2 month old Corgi. You have fun with THAT training.

• Love 1

Glory, how will you decide on the move? I would try to figure out if you're staying or moving before you do the renovations, if you can.

I used to go to a farm stand at a farm that had a corgi. She would come barrelling out of the fields to greet us and it was awesome.

I never understand that thing about getting a young dog while you have an old dog. Won't it be hard to walk them together? One will want to run and be rambunctious and the other will be slower and more fragile. Seems crazy to me. I know a lot of cats hate it when you bring in young cats in who want to romp and drive them crazy.

Also, one is not a substitute for the other. I never understand why people think that you won't be sad when your animal dies, if you just get another one before it happens. I always bond with my pets too much for them to be interchangeable like that. They always have their own personalities and you form relationships with them on that basis. It's not like buying a new pair of shoes so you can toss the old ones that are worn out without having to go barefoot.

I am looking forward to the rain. It's been so dry here for the past couple of years. We need the water badly. And it will wash away the snow banks, too, which will really make it seem like spring. I am waiting to see crocuses. Should be any day, but there's too much snow to tell if they're up yet.

Supposed to be a record number of ticks this year, though. Not looking forward to that. I know too many people who got lyme disease. 

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I am looking forward to the rain. It's been so dry here for the past couple of years. We need the water badly. And it will wash away the snow banks, too, which will really make it seem like spring. I am waiting to see crocuses. Should be any day, but there's too much snow to tell if they're up yet.

I'm hoping it will make for a very green and pretty spring. 

• Love 1

I don't know... I think having Lexi definitely helped when Dozer passed away.

And Lexi is going to be 8 come June while Rigby will not be 2 until October and it's been great having them both. Rigby keeps Lexi young and she plays with him a lot! I walk her with him about every other day or so and it keeps her sprightly and lean (she was getting fat for a while). 

I do get sad thinking that Lexi is already 8 (we adopted her when she was 5). And I think Guts might want something other than a Frenchie eventually, but I'd be sad not having a dog in the house so having dogs of differing ages makes sense to me. 

Possibilities, I'm not sure how we'll decide. I should say, I'm not sure how I"ll decide. It's mostly me that wants to move. And I really only want to move because I hate my commute. But I love my job so I'm not going to quit over it. I do like that we have a lot of disposable income for trips and such - we'd be a bit housepoor for a while if we moved. So that's staying my hand I think. Right now I'm leaning towards not moving and really making the house we have exactly what we want. We'll see. 

• Love 1

Congrats @Pixel  Corgis are the cutest!

During my adoption quest, I applied for a corgi/shepherd mix that basically looked like a corgi on steroids (he was 40 lbs) but the rescue group said he needed more socialization and had to go to a home with another dog.

I ended up falling in love with a shar pei/lab/pit mix-- but I think my next dog will be a corgi or dachshund.. or a Lagotto, one plays at the park where I take my dog-- those things are crazy cute.

• Love 1