Type keyword(s) to search

"Oh Mandy..." Favorite Angel Moments

Spartan Girl

I thought I'd start a thread for some of our favorite Angel moments.

As the title suggests, I did love when Angel sang "Mandy."  Every minute of "Smile Time" is definitely a classic.

But I have to include the moment when Angel tried to smother Wesley.  That whole scene was so well done: Angel starts out sounding kind and understanding, telling Wesley that he knows why he took Connor.  He goes on to assure that this was Angel talking: he wasn't Angelus or being controlled or anything.  We think he's actually going to forgive Wesley...

And then he smashes the pillow over his face: "Yousonofabitch, you bastard, YOU TOOK MY SON!  YOU THINK I'D EVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT?  NEVER!  NEVER!"  He was literally foaming at the mouth with rage.

I think the whole fake-out is what sold everything.  Angel knew exactly what he was going to do the minute he entered the hospital, and he wanted to make sure Wesley knew that even though he knew the whole story, it didn't mean squat to him.

Plus, as one of the many people that hated Wesley, he so had it coming.

• Love 2

Vulnerable yet still very Cordelia-esque Cordelia hopefully suggesting that Angel hire her at the end of the Pilot. This explanation isn't doing the scene justice, but it just kind of makes my heart swell every time :) 

Angel and Kate briefly connecting over how hard it is to connect. 

...I could list about 40 from just the first few episodes! 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 1

Lindsey's fake hand which gave us my favorite line in the entire series: "Boo-hoo.  Let me wipe away the tears with my PLASTIC HAND!"

Lindsey's evil hand which led to his extremely entertaining exit from Wolfram and Hart.

And any time they made fun of Angel's hair.

• Love 6

I liked the end of the first episode. I don't know the exact quotes but Cordelia was explaining friendship to Angel and Angel asked what would happen if he loses his soul again. Cordelia looks at him for a moment and says "Oh I'm going to kill you dead."

• Love 1

My absolute favorite had to be the moment that got me into Angel in the first place: hearing that Faith was back.

Wes visits Faith in jail and at first they are having the ususal Whedonesque banter until Wes drops that "Angel is gone... Angelus is back."

Faith: Step away from the glass.

• Love 3
On 10/24/2017 at 1:56 PM, illdoc said:

When the evil vampire in the first episode basically says "I can do anything" and Angel says "Can you fly?" and promptly pushes him out the window!!

@illdoc, that was the moment I fell in love with the show!

I also love all of Faith's arc, from Season 1 to Season 4, and the reverse trajectories of Slayer and Watcher. Really, I don't think I could appreciate how much Wesley had changed until I saw him interact with Faith again; each was so vital to the other's identity. I'll also throw in some love for Faith's "Break me off a switch, boy . . ." line to Connor.

"Smile Time" is definitely the most hilarious episode for me, but the funniest moment/bit has to be the Loa aka Darth Burger. I giggle just thinking about it.

My favorite image from the show is Lilah watching the storm in "Rain of Fire/Apocalypse, Nowish."

(Wow, all this off the top of my head! Somebody's ready for a rewatch.)

• Love 3

I know a lot of people thought the show jumped the shark when Angel became a dad, but I loved the moment where Connor had just been born and Angel finally takes Lorne's advice, and lets go of his worry for moment and absorbs the fact that he had a baby.  Him using his vamp face to make Connor laugh was just too adorable.

• Love 1

Angel and Spike's interactions in season 5

When Spike says he has a soul now and Cordy says hers is better in You're Welcome

Wesley and Cordelia imitating Angel and Buffy after Angel finds that Buffy is alive again

When Spike laughs at puppet Angel and Angel beat him up

In 5x2 when Harmony says "Well yeah who here isn't? Except for him, him, her, and what are you again?". 

The scenes with Andrew in The Girl in Question

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 5:21 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I thought I'd start a thread for some of our favorite Angel moments.

As the title suggests, I did love when Angel sang "Mandy."  Every minute of "Smile Time" is definitely a classic.

But I have to include the moment when Angel tried to smother Wesley.  That whole scene was so well done: Angel starts out sounding kind and understanding, telling Wesley that he knows why he took Connor.  He goes on to assure that this was Angel talking: he wasn't Angelus or being controlled or anything.  We think he's actually going to forgive Wesley...

And then he smashes the pillow over his face: "Yousonofabitch, you bastard, YOU TOOK MY SON!  YOU THINK I'D EVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT?  NEVER!  NEVER!"  He was literally foaming at the mouth with rage.

I think the whole fake-out is what sold everything.  Angel knew exactly what he was going to do the minute he entered the hospital, and he wanted to make sure Wesley knew that even though he knew the whole story, it didn't mean squat to him.

Plus, as one of the many people that hated Wesley, he so had it coming.

I'm not sure I ever met anyone who hated Wes, even in his Buffy days. But Angel trying to smother him is definitely a powerful moment alright. 

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 11:44 PM, joelene said:

I think my favorite moment is:

"And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care."

So much better when followed by "Care about this dress for less!" 

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 6:37 AM, catrox14 said:

My favorite moment remains "Well, personally, I kinda wanna slay the dragon.....Let's go to work"

Depends if he succeeded or not?

• Love 1
On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, nosleepforme said:

I loved the "Wes almost smothered by Angel and gang turning on him"-arc when I first watched season three, nowadays I find it kind of hard to muster up sympathy for Angel and hard to understand why the entire gang turned on him.

I think my favorite Angel scenes will always involve Illyria and Wesley. I loved that storyline just so much, but I am also a big fan of the signed dollar scene with Wes & Lilah. Generally, Wes got the best moments in the show.

Not that fond of Wes/Illyria but Wes/Lilah one of the best things about the entire show.