Type keyword(s) to search

Nigella Nickname Poll

POLL OPEN

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please take 3M off of the poll. That was never intended as an actual nickname. I was just having fun with the others. I, too, don't feel ill will towards Nigella. I just believe she's completely out of her element in this type of script. I have and will always be a fan of her "stand and stir" shows. Thanks.

• Love 1

I am not in love with any of the monickers. My suggestion would be "Nigella Bites" based on the title of her book.

I'm one of those who had never heard of her before this show, and now I'm curious: what is that book title?

I must say I don't have the Nigella Bites cookbook but I have a previous one - Nigella Express I think?  I haven't used it much for cooking because the recipes don't sound that great to me, but the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Her descriptions are great too. I almost want to make/eat the food until I read the recipe and think "that doesn't seem like it'd taste very good."  I like it for inspiration, though.

Nigella Bites ;).  Same title as her TV show of the same name (which I've never seen). She's got a bunch of other cookbooks; this seems like just an add-on to capitalize on any interest generated by the TV show..

http://www.nigella.com/books/view/nigella-bites-9

Nigella's cookbooks preceded her TV shows. Her background is in print and broadcast journalism and she was educated at Oxford.(Her father was second-in-command to PM Margaret Thatcher.) She eventually moved to writing restaurant reviews and food writing. She got her first break in TV when she guested on a British cooking show. Along the way, she lost her mother, a younger sister and her first husband to cancer, the latter right at the time she was becoming very popular.

And as they say... the rest is history.

This is what annoys me about seeing Nigella on The Taste.  She's obviously a very talented individual, but you wouldn't know it by watching the show.  She instead just comes across as a joke.

• Love 1