Type keyword(s) to search

Jenna Wolfe -- exercising nutritiously

AntiBeeSpray
  • Start Topic

This is your thread for discussion of Jenna Wolfe on the Today show.

There is one condition: No over acting in here. I understand that some of you don't like her, but lets keep it to just civil discussion with some snark in between.

Cross the line, and this thread will be locked without warning.

Also, this thread needs a title (keep it appropriate, nothing uber mean spirited, thanks). Suggestions are welcomed.

I never paid much attention to Jenna, but Mrs QF LOVED her for a while. Then she soured on her after Jenna ran around declaring how easily she lost her baby weight, and I guess really rubbed my wife the wrong way (we have an 18 month old and Mrs QF has had the more typical "slowly getting back to normal but still struggling to feel like she did pre-baby). I wonder if Jenna's "Everyone can lose the weight, look how hawt I am" routine has turned off viewers. 

My beef with her when she was a newsreader is that she made the stories about HER- cracking lame jokes after or during each story. She just comes across as brash & abrasive. I found myself yelling at the tv "just shut UP" more than once on the weekends as she attempted to be witty instead of just reading.

She's much more like able now that she is just doing her nutrition or fitness segments. She isn't trying to be an amateur comedienne anymore.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 2

As I have said before, Jenna W used to bug me until I realized that Lester adores her - and that was good enough for me!  I miss her on Weekend Today, but I am enjoying her segments on Today when I get to see them.

I couldn't stand Jenna as the weekend Today newsreader, but she's tolerable as the fitness correspondent.

She cracked me up this morning in her segment with Jeff Rossen. Has the man never exercised before?

Jeff: [Does 2 squats] "Ow. That hurts my knees"

Jenna: [sounding concerned]: "Your knees hurt?"

Jeff: "Not my knees. My thighs. They're burning"

Jenna: [sounding annoyed] "Yeah. That's supposed to happen. Keep going"

• Love 2

I couldn't stand Jenna as the weekend Today newsreader, but she's tolerable as the fitness correspondent.

She cracked me up this morning in her segment with Jeff Rossen. Has the man never exercised before?

Jeff: [Does 2 squats] "Ow. That hurts my knees"

Jenna: [sounding concerned]: "Your knees hurt?"

Jeff: "Not my knees. My thighs. They're burning"

Jenna: [sounding annoyed] "Yeah. That's supposed to happen. Keep going"

I loved everything about this lol. Seriously, he complained that everything burned.

• Love 2

I have come to like her.  I just would like to see her pull it back a little.  When she subs for KLG she seems frantic and interrupts Hoda often.  Hoda seems a bit tense in this situation, too.  She is witty and upbeat but a tad manic.

I have come to like her. I just would like to see her pull it back a little. When she subs for KLG she seems frantic and interrupts Hoda often. Hoda seems a bit tense in this situation, too. She is witty and upbeat but a tad manic.

I think you are confusing Jenna Bush with Jenna Wolfe.

So, noticing Jenna Wolfe was not on the Joy Bauer weight loss segment, I googled & saw she has left the Today show?

Christmas wishes do come true! :)

Glad they did not make a big to- do about it on the show, unless I missed it.

• Love 1