Type keyword(s) to search

Aaron Hotchner: High and Tight

• Start Topic

I wonder what happened to Hotch in the Mr. Scratch episode..... I think he made him relieve some kind of abuse or bad memory. But how did the drug not affect him to where he didn't kill the team? Or was Scratch planting something in Hotch? Waiting for him to go off at a later time?

What are your theories? What do you think he did?

Well, Scratch dosed him pretty heavily with his lovely cocktail, and Hotch hallucinated Reid, Rossi, JJ and Morgan coming to the rescue, only to have all the males killed.... by Scratch's hand, or his? 

He also was beaten in the head pretty badly, so there may have been concussion involved. Someone help me out here: what did they say to each other that made Hotch start laughing that creepy laugh?

I can't remember!! And I have been looking at some scenes on youtube and I haven't been able to find that particular moment. Maybe I'll "have to" rewatch the episode. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

I wonder what happened to Hotch in the Mr. Scratch episode..... I think he made him relieve some kind of abuse or bad memory. But how did the drug not affect him to where he didn't kill the team? Or was Scratch planting something in Hotch? Waiting for him to go off at a later time?

What are your theories? What do you think he did?

I don't know what happened to Hotch that night, but I've always thought he didn't actually tell Rossi the truth.  Maybe it seemed too crazy.  Maybe he hallucinated that his team would fall for a story about him being in witness protection, that his youngest would end up in prison for murder, that the others would abandon him, too, and that they'd all be replaced by a bunch of strangers.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I don't know what happened to Hotch that night, but I've always thought he didn't actually tell Rossi the truth.  Maybe it seemed too crazy.  Maybe he hallucinated that his team would fall for a story about him being in witness protection, that his youngest would end up in prison for murder, that the others would abandon him, too, and that they'd all be replaced by a bunch of strangers.

Perfectly explains the current situation. And how I feel about it all! Lol. Maybe the twelfth season is Hotch 's hallucination and we're watching it all unfold. 

So where is Hotch really?

3 hours ago, normasm said:

Well, Scratch dosed him pretty heavily with his lovely cocktail, and Hotch hallucinated Reid, Rossi, JJ and Morgan coming to the rescue, only to have all the males killed.... by Scratch's hand, or his? 

He also was beaten in the head pretty badly, so there may have been concussion involved. Someone help me out here: what did they say to each other that made Hotch start laughing that creepy laugh?

That creepy laugh was hot!

• Love 1
On 24/3/2017 at 2:02 AM, Hotchgirl18 said:

What projects or roles do you want to see TG take on next? I'd like to see him in something dark again.

I watched some of Chicago hope episodes not so long ago because of TG. I'd watched a few minutes when it premiered, but I didn't like it. I watched ER instead. But nowadays and only paying attention to TG, let me tell you this, it was a shame they didn't developed his character better.

And that's something I would love to see. A similar character to Dr. Nyland. Cynical and shameless, ambiguous and with a dry and witty humor, half rude and half a teaser... I love TG in Love and human remains.

I think something like that suits TG skills better than the white humor in Dharma and Greg.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, smoker said:

I watched some of Chicago hope episodes not so long ago because of TG. I'd watched a few minutes when it premiered, but I didn't like it. I watched ER instead. But nowadays and only paying attention to TG, let me tell you this, it was a shame they didn't developed his character better.

And that's something I would love to see. A similar character to Dr. Nyland. Cynical and shameless, ambiguous and with a dry and witty humor, half rude and half a teaser... I love TG in Love and human remains.

I think something like that suits TG skills better than the white humor in Dharma and Greg.

I'd like to see him in something like The Devils Child again. I liked that movie.

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 5:59 PM, smoker said:

I lp

Ok. So my phone is being stupid.  Someone told me TG has a new project.  I hope this is true because I can't wait!  Does anyone else like TG?

• Love 2
(edited)

sorry @Hotchgirl18, does lp mean something?

of course I like him, he is a great actor. Although I would like he took his time to come back. Obviously he was pretty unhappy working in LA, aside of other unknown personal and profesional reasons which I don't know or care; and he wanted to be closer to his children. Sometimes, I think he should have left the show before, but that's only his bussiness.

About his acting skills. I think early in his career he did some interesting films. But I guess he was unlucky and after he started on television, films weren't very good. Although it's not his fault, sometimes they have to be in those films because of their contrats. 

Sadly this happens to many actors, at some point they chose all the money they can get because they never know when their careers are going to be finished. I don't blame them, I would do the same I guess.

But it's sad and infuriating, I mean, when I see some of Sean Bean (I think he is a terrific actor) works I can't help thinking: "What the fuck you were thinking man? That's crap! You could do better!! You are not starving, for God's sake!!! and what the fuck I am doing watching this?!! because of you!!!!"

I am sure this sounds familiar to any of you.

That's why I would love if he takes his time and choses something good to come back. I wish him well and I wish myself well.

@normasm you said it all in a wonderful (and short) line! xD

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, smoker said:

sorry @Hotchgirl18, does lp mean something?

of course I like him, he is a great actor. Although I would like he took his time to come back. Obviously he was pretty unhappy working in LA, aside of other unknown personal and profesional reasons which I don't know or care; and he wanted to be closer to his children. Sometimes, I think he should have left the show before, but that's only his bussiness.

About his acting skills. I think early in his career he did some interesting films. But I guess he was unlucky and after he started on television, films weren't very good. Although it's not his fault, sometimes they have to be in those films because of their contrats. 

Sadly this happens to many actors, at some point they chose all the money they can get because they never know when their careers are going to be finished. I don't blame them, I would do the same I guess.

But it's sad and infuriating, I mean, when I see some of Sean Bean (I think he is a terrific actor) works I can't help thinking: "What the fuck you were thinking man? That's crap! You could do better!! You are not starving, for God's sake!!! and what the fuck I am doing watching this?!! because of you!!!!"

I am sure this sounds familiar to any of you.

That's why I would love if he takes his time and choses something good to come back. I wish him well and I wish myself well.

@normasm you said it all in a wonderful (and short) line! xD

That is my phone being a jerk

I love TG and think he should be given something that streches his acting abilities.

• Love 3

I just miss him dreadfully. I have watched a few of the recent episodes to see what is happening to Reid, but without Hotch it's just awful. Don't get me wrong, MGG is doing a fantastic job with what he's been given, but without Hotch the awful writing overwhelms and I can't bring myself to have any interest in the cases at all. I love Paget/Prentiss, but she's just not cutting it. In fact, I feel like she's trying to give a Hotch-like quality to her delivery instead of being herself and it just doesn't work. 

I'm glad Thomas is getting a rest. He looks happy and healthy. But I'm hoping to learn that he has some brilliant new project soon. 

• Love 5

I think Paget, and even Prentiss, is lost, and trying her best. It's a mighty huge job she was given. Hotch was The Lynchpin. He can't be replaced, and shouldn't be brushed aside. I don't fricckin care what TG did. They should honor the character, as they sometimes did even with Gideon.

• Love 8
On 4/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, normasm said:

I think Paget, and even Prentiss, is lost, and trying her best. It's a mighty huge job she was given. Hotch was The Lynchpin. He can't be replaced, and shouldn't be brushed aside. I don't fricckin care what TG did. They should honor the character, as they sometimes did even with Gideon.

Then we must continue his legacy. Even if TPTB want us to forget about him.

40 minutes ago, normasm said:

Well, we can keep his memory alive here and elsewhere, but they should be told we want them to honor the character of Hotch, that they owe it to the fans of the show.

They owe it to us. After what they did to him and the fans. But they probably won't. 

40 minutes ago, normasm said:

Well, we can keep his memory alive here and elsewhere, but they should be told we want them to honor the character of Hotch, that they owe it to the fans of the show.

The finale was decent, but it would've been better if Aaron Hotchner was still on. As far as I am concerned, he is still the unit chief of this team. 

And TG will find success after CM. 

We cannot forget. 

• Love 1

I'm a Gublerette but let's be real, TG is one of the most talented and handsome men out there. I'm very annoyed by the fact that he got fired. It's absurd and ridiculous. People have tempers. Some can control it better than others. Is the other guy/girl he got 'violent' with entirely blameless? Because in most cases, it takes two to tango. There are worse problems in the world than someone kicking someone else. They should have found a way to resolve this mess instead of pissing off viewers by firing TG. Hotch needs to come back. 

• Love 3
On 21/05/2017 at 7:27 PM, Hotchgirl18 said:

Don't get me started. 

Yeah, please don't say anything. Don't give them any more ideas regarding AJC. We don't need more high and mighty line deliveries from her. I swear, someone needs to tell AJC to stop doing that. She's been doing it since Tru Calling. It's very annoying.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, In My Zone said:

I'm a Gublerette but let's be real, TG is one of the most talented and handsome men out there. I'm very annoyed by the fact that he got fired. It's absurd and ridiculous. People have tempers. Some can control it better than others. Is the other guy/girl he got 'violent' with entirely blameless? Because in most cases, it takes two to tango. There are worse problems in the world than someone kicking someone else. They should have found a way to resolve this mess instead of pissing off viewers by firing TG. Hotch needs to come back. 

Yes. Yes. Exactly. And no, the other guy is not blameless. We know his history. They have alienated us. They want to change this show in a completely absurd direction and I won't stand for it. 

• Love 1

I still get a grin on my face.

tumblr_ljha8xBHlI1qb2o85o1_400.gif

3 hours ago, In My Zone said:

Agree. Doesn't everyone have a breaking point; we're all human--expect certain people who are murderers, molestors, abusers, etc.

But it just doesn't feel the same without him. He was the Red Power Ranger of the BAU.

But I am getting used to it.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

I still get a grin on my face.

tumblr_ljha8xBHlI1qb2o85o1_400.gif

Agree. Doesn't everyone have a breaking point; we're all human--expect certain people who are murderers, molestors, abusers, etc.

But it just doesn't feel the same without him. He was the Red Power Ranger of the BAU.

But I am getting used to it.

That's one of my favorite scenes. My ovaries explode during that scene. 

I'll never get over it that's for sure. There's a hole in the team. 

(edited)

One of my favourite "angry Hotch" scenes is from Third Life. (I rewatched it after watching Unforgettable, I remember that episode quite well, but I wanted to see the scenes with Lindsay again)

The Marshall who is in charge of Lindsay and his father in Witness Protection says: "You have no idea  who or what you're dealing with here"

Hotch answers: "Then enlighten me, or stay out of my way".

If you remember the tone, and his face, you'll understand what I mean. 

Edited by senin
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, senin said:

One of my favourite "angry Hotch" scenes is from Third Life. (I rewatched it after watching Unforgettable, I remember that episode quite well, but I wanted to see the scenes with Lindsay again)

The Marshall who is in charge of Lindsay and his father in Witness Protection says: "You have no idea  who or what you're dealing with here"

Hotch answers: "Then enlighten me, or stay out of my way".

If you remember the tone, and his face, you'll understand what I mean. 

Oh I remember that tone and face quite well! Hehehe. :)

Hotch commands many, many of my favorite moments/scenes. Here's just a handful:

"Charcoal gray..."

With Reid and Chester Hardwick 

Profiling the team with Strauss

Washing Elle's blood off her walls

The entire Foyet battle

Talking to Reid on the jet in Elephant's Memory

Firing his glock underwater

Questioning Camryn Manheim

"Sit down and shut up!"

Staring down the cop UnSub when he tried to grab JJ and keep her from leaving the precinct 

Holding Megan's hand while she died

Hugging Reid at the end of Revelations

Shoving Reid into the hallway when Diane's bf recognized him

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Guys, I love that we're reminiscing about our favorite Hotch memories. Lord knows I have a ton of them. Just wish we could have new ones.

I know, but who knows? Maybe he'll come back, whether he was fired or not.

I just wondered what those memories would be, especially when he found out Reid was in jail.

He would have gotten Reid out past yesterday.

Edited by Fashionista7
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

I know, but who knows? Maybe he'll come back, whether he was fired or not.

I just wondered what those memories would be, especially when he found out Reid was in jail.

He would have gotten Reid out past yesterday.

You are 100% right. He would have had Reid out so fast. 

I'm still holding out hope. 

On 6/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, Willowy said:

Hotch commands many, many of my favorite moments/scenes. Here's just a handful:

"Charcoal gray..."

With Reid and Chester Hardwick 

Profiling the team with Strauss

Washing Elle's blood off her walls

The entire Foyet battle

Talking to Reid on the jet in Elephant's Memory

Firing his glock underwater

Questioning Camryn Manheim

"Sit down and shut up!"

Staring down the cop UnSub when he tried to grab JJ and keep her from leaving the precinct 

Holding Megan's hand while she died

Hugging Reid at the end of Revelations

Shoving Reid into the hallway when Diane's bf recognized him

I read that as "Firing his glock underwear."

• Love 6

Yes, the underwater scene was amazing if a little far-fetched. 

It's been quite a while since I checked in here so if I'm repeating myself, forgive me. My favorite Hotch moments are:

Washing the blood off Elle's wall in The Fisher King

Sitting with Megan Kane as she dies

Sitting with the burned woman in Ashes and Dust

Anything with Jack

Telling Reid, "You're starting to get some distance with these" during "physics magic."

"Some people grow up to catch them." 

Conversation with Reid at the end of LDSK.

Conversation with Reid in the van in Damaged where he confides in him about Haley wanting the divorce.

I'm sure there are more but the sleeping pill is kicking in for the night.  

• Love 4