Type keyword(s) to search

Aaron Hotchner: High and Tight

• Start Topic

While I'm happy for him, the synopsis doesn't sound like a show I'd watch, what with the goin' rogue bit. Hope it does justice to Gibson and the Native American actors/community. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I have to agree with you, normasm, I hope it's good enough, usually I get bored easily by that kind of repetitive action shows.

I hope there was a decent/interesting fast paced plot.

Moreover, it reminds me a bit of "The unit". At least, TG's role reminds me of Robert Patrick's in that show.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

I'm a Hotch fan, not necessarily a TG fan.  I'm happy for the actor, and I might watch once out of curiosity, but I can't imagine tuning in more than that.  

• Love 5

Does anyone know what happened to Shadow Wolves

I checked their website and didn't see any news about it being bought (is this word correct here?).  

14 minutes ago, senin said:

Does anyone know what happened to Shadow Wolves

I checked their website and didn't see any news about it being bought (is this word correct here?).  

If you check their instagram page: shadowwolvestv, it looks like it's still in the making. 

• Love 1

I've been watching older episodes recently and I gotta say.. Hotch is one hell of character. He really did hold the team and the show. Thomas Gibson has so much charisma, charm and sex appeal. He has so much presence! What a man!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Sci-fi? I don't know anything about that?

I'm looking forward for his new show. I love every bit of darkness in TG. He's so charismatic. 

• Love 2

Thomas is the “narrator” of an apparently new commercial donations appeal for the Wounded Warrior Project. He also appears onscreen in it. I saw it during a Law & Order rerun currently airing as I type on Sundance Channel.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Thomas is the “narrator” of an apparently new commercial donations appeal for the Wounded Warrior Project. He also appears onscreen in it. I saw it during a Law & Order rerun currently airing as I type on Sundance Channel.

He's been involved with WW for a long while. He does lots of promotion for them. EmC's at their big event every year. I was there about 2 years ago with a friend who is a Vet, and he was there. He was great on stage. Got a great response. Its a big fund raising event that gets lots of celebs involved. He's also close friends with some of the Vets who are involved.  One guy in particular seems to be really friendly with him and his kids. 

• Love 3

I keep trying to imagine him kicking a writer.  Was it in the ass?  A schoolyard shin kick?  How frustrated was he?  Mandy pissed or drunk?  Any clues ever surface?  Glad he's working again though.

Hotch may be the only character for which CM has a well-established, long-term character story instead of just simply having a character for whom "things happen to". The story itself might be a bit cliched- just about every cop drama has a character whose marriage falls apart and/or sees their significant other become the victim of a villain- but I'll give CM credit for actually sticking with it and building it instead of starting it and then stopping it a few episodes later.

Even after his "character story" ended, Hotch still had some significant developments, like his time with Beth and his fateful run with Mr. Scratch. Say what you want about Hotch, there was nothing "flat" about him.

I don't know if his better development had anything to do with Thomas Gibson having better pull backstage than his castmates (or maybe he's just more demanding), but I do find Hotch's development to be quite interesting.

I'm watching old eps of Criminal Minds, and the show really slid down hill once Thomas Gibson was fired. Aaron Hotchner was such a compelling character. Plus, I find myself more attracted to Hotch (and Thomas Gibson) than Reid (and MGG) these days.