Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Willowy said:

Oh I love this so much, as well. Such a romantic piece, and of course Matthew's episode (3) was the best one. Although one thing - Matthew didn't win the Emmy, the creative team behind the concept did. Drake Doremus directed, and Matthew has gone on to work with him several more times. :)

But still...

He should have.

Edited by Fashionista7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

That chick certainly deserved whatever came her way. 

NEVER get between a Mama Bear and her child, especially a child whose Mama Bear mother can do a roundhouse kick that would be Chuck Norris and Jason David Frank from Power Rangers proud.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

NEVER get between a Mama Bear and her child, especially a child whose Mama Bear mother can do a roundhouse kick that would be Chuck Norris and Jason David Frank from Power Rangers proud.

The unsub made a big mistake. As did George Foyet.

10 hours ago, ReidFan said:

no, not darker/evil; not longterm anyway.

What made Reid so attractive (to me anyway) in the first place was his uniqueness. The fact that he was a 'nerd' and not afraid to be so. The fact that he was different from all the others; younger, a child prodigy, awkward, intelligent. If he does the 'darker more aggressive thing' now then he'll be just like so many  other characters and he'll lose what made him so special in the first place. 

I do want him to grow and progress as a person, but he doesn't have to be NewDarkSpencer.

my two cents only....

Well, if not evil, I definitely say darker. This is the only way now. 

Maeve's death changed Spencer too. It didn't make him darker, but... after all the grieving in season eight, he did seem more sassy and sneaky in season nine. And, that awful Rabies episode aside, he proved himself to be quite capable on the field, despite not being seen as the "physical" type. Like when he shot the unsub in "The Caller" and subduded a suspect in "Edge of Winter". I wish they kept him that way, he was badass.

18 hours ago, Fashionista7 said:

She most certainly unleashed hell on the chick who had Henry in the season 7 finale.

And that looked really stupid and cheesy, to me at least. Not as much as the time she managed to beat up a grown man, few episodes prior, but still... 

• Love 4

I think we've already seen Reid reject the darkness, in Red Light.  He's not going to be embracing it any time soon.  He was appalled at his own behavior, even if it happened in the preservation of his life.  

I think he'll struggle with emotional swings, and he'll wonder if he can trust his judgment.  He'll want evidence that his intelligence is still intact, and useful. He'll wonder about his relationships, those he already has, and those yet to come.  I think all of this will happen because he is, at his core, an honorable man, and he chooses to remain so.  That's what mature people do, and I sincerely hope we continue to see mature Reid in the coming season.  

I hope we see an early insecurity, followed by a slow resolution of his internal conflict, leading him to a well-earned confidence and assertiveness (sans arrogance).  Reid's response to his experience shouldn't be either/or and it shouldn't be overly dramatic.  It should be nuanced, and slow, and integrated---three things MGG has shown himself to be expert at portraying.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think we've already seen Reid reject the darkness, in Red Light.  He's not going to be embracing it any time soon.  He was appalled at his own behavior, even if it happened in the preservation of his life.  

I think he'll struggle with emotional swings, and he'll wonder if he can trust his judgment.  He'll want evidence that his intelligence is still intact, and useful. He'll wonder about his relationships, those he already has, and those yet to come.  I think all of this will happen because he is, at his core, an honorable man, and he chooses to remain so.  That's what mature people do, and I sincerely hope we continue to see mature Reid in the coming season.  

I hope we see an early insecurity, followed by a slow resolution of his internal conflict, leading him to a well-earned confidence and assertiveness (sans arrogance).  Reid's response to his experience shouldn't be either/or and it shouldn't be overly dramatic.  It should be nuanced, and slow, and integrated---three things MGG has shown himself to be expert at portraying.

I think I'm going to copy this and send it to CBS, I hope the writers get it and use it !!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JMO said:

Well said JMO. I wish you were part of CM writing panel.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JMO said:

I add my voice to say you said it perfectly, JayMO

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, JMO said:

I am still confused by the Reid poisoning drugs thing. Did he do it to knock those two gang guys who killed Delgado and were gunning for Reid out of commission? And he didn't know that so many other people were also going to take the drugs and get hurt ? Or did he want to expose everybody who was involved in the drug club? Did he do it partly for revenge also? I would not blame him at all if part of him did it for revenge. I actually kind of like that, lol, it proves he's no saint. 

I apologize for being so dense and not understanding!

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ReidFan said:

and attention all fanfic writers....His eyes are HAZEL. Not brown. Here is proof. And the resolution was so high I can even see his contact lenses......

hazeleyesandcontacts.jpg

Hazel eyes are so pretty.

• Love 1

oh boy..... I've still got half an hour or so of the movie to go, and I'm up over 400 screencaps. Overkill?

always figured anything worth doing was worth overdoing.....

I actually liked this girl way better than AnnaLynne McCord's character lol......

up soon, a stupid amount of screencaps of Pink Towel.....

bedkiss.jpg

• Love 1

Watched it again last night with the boy. Loved it, and the 21-yr-old's opinion was also two thumbs up. He kept interjecting Spencerisms into the dialogue where appropriate and I was dying laughing.

One reason I dig the film so much is that as warped, sick, and gross as most of the women are, they all are in control of what's happening. No matter the circumstances that got them there, by the time we get to them in the film, for good or bad they are grabbing the reins and taking charge. Most movies like this use the women as sexual props, and there's a bit of that, but the overused word 'empowerment' is a definite running theme throughout, and they all have agency (even though it's really crazy and awful). The director even made sure to touch on that in one of the Q/As after a screening.

• Love 1

Pink doesn't match my bathroom.

Oh who am I kidding?  As if it would ever see the bathroom.

"Hey, Riff? Why you got this towel in this glass frame in the middle of the living room?"

• Love 4
On 8/5/2017 at 10:03 PM, Hotchgirl18 said:

Hoo boy. That's all I got to say. Lol

Pretty much sums it up. Wowee. This movie looks wild. I appreciate the commentary and screencaps from those of you who've seen it already-good to have an idea of what to expect. 

LOL at the photos from the NYC showing. He's such a dork :p. 

On a different note, just saw this link elsewhere earlier and thought it worth sharing. It's not much of an article, just a series of gifs with little one-liners underneath, but still, amusing and true regardless :D:

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Spencer-Reid-Criminal-Minds-GIFs-43827490

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

On a different note, just saw this link elsewhere earlier and thought it worth sharing. It's not much of an article, just a series of gifs with little one-liners underneath, but still, amusing and true regardless :D:

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Spencer-Reid-Criminal-Minds-GIFs-43827490

OK, we have seen those scenes a thousand times... but we can watch them again. At the end of the article there is another link to a collection of pictures, I had seen most of them but not all, so thanks for sharing!!

• Love 1