Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

Wow he looks so cuuuuute! Like hair combed, well-rested, clean shirt cutie of cuties! I imagine these are from the episode?

Ha! NVM I just saw the sneak peek. He really looks good, and subdued, too. I can't wait to see how he's doing.

Edited by Willowy
because.
  • Love 2

they're from the sneak peak just posted at various places... I love the pink. Guy can wear anything. Just not fair.  

I'll do better screencaps though, once the episode airs. The resolution on the available sites for this preview, frankly, suck.

I especially like the dimple when he smiles. 

and lol yeah. about the er, rear view.

• Love 2

To me, this picture makes him look like every other vaguely good looking guy.  If this had been my first exposure, I would have clicked right on by. 

Put on the tie, and shave the scruff, and he's Reid.  But maybe that's the point of the 'look'.  I think we've seen BTS photos of later episodes, with him looking like a slightly scruffier Reid.

You are needlessly taking him out of context. This is not your first exposure. Spencer's gone through something life changing. He will look and feel different for a while. Possibly, if we are being realistic, he will never go back totally to what he was before, superficially and deep down.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

small sample of my screencaps for this episode (IOW, a Reidstudy from the queen of overdoing it, but in the interest of saving bandwidth.....)

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 2.08.02 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 2.10.52 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 4.43.42 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 2.21.39 PM copy.jpg

not...enough...words to describe how....HANDSOME and GORGEOUS he is!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ReidGirl said:

Thanks, I was looking at the list in the top ;)

You're welcome.

15 hours ago, Fashionista7 said:

Is anyone planning to buy MGG's signature skeleton shirt this year? Because I plan to.

Any tips?

I plan to buy one.

16 hours ago, Fashionista7 said:

Is anyone planning to buy MGG's signature skeleton shirt this year? Because I plan to.

Any tips?

he hasn't indicated yet that there's a new one this year :( the website still shows just the totebags and the Tooth Fairy sweat shirt for sale.

Best to keep an eye on his twitter feed, because the shirts tend to sell out in less than a day. Like ReidFan said though, he hasn't even hinted at a new shirt this year. We can only hope! :)

my best guess is that if he does do something this year, it'll be to benefit Vegas.. he did that drawing that he tweeted/instagrammed etc last week....wouldn't be surprised to see that end up on a shirt or sumpthin' :D

• Love 4

Reidfan, I remember your autumn pictures from last year,they were so beautiful!! (As the example we have above) 

So it's too warm across the Atlantic too? Here we are having very high temperatures, and no rain at all. It's not like autumn at all. 

Wish I had money on me-I'd gladly snap one up and donate some money. 

Eh, well, if I can't do it this way, when I get some funds again, I'll look into donating through some other means, 'cause I'd love to give those people some much needed support. 

• Love 1

While he is there onset, yes, I agree, they should use him much more than they do. For the time he contracted to be "off", I respect his desire to be off.

They should use him, as they did last season, inserted in the story of any episode he's not actually present for.

• Love 4

I think that they are thinking about the fans. I think that they think about the fans a lot more than I previously understood. 

I too would like to see more Reid stuff during his absence. But it was really expensive. They had to set up an entire additional unit on days people were available, which was difficult to coordinate. Matthew even came in on a couple of his days off. Expensive. They had different directors, crew, and cast for his scenes. Everyone who worked both units got paid double. Expensive.

As much as I love Reid and want to see him in every moment of every episode of every season... Matthew wants to be off. I can understand how it's not financially feasible for the show to do such an elaborate workaround every season.

But they tried it, for us fans. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, normasm said:

While he is there onset, yes, I agree, they should use him much more than they do. For the time he contracted to be "off", I respect his desire to be off.

Yes I agree. I also do respect his desire to be off. I only meant while he is still available on the set, why can’t they use him more. If not more then at least similar to his other team members. He literally disappeared after giving out the profile.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ReidGirl said:

Yes I agree. I also do respect his desire to be off. I only meant while he is still available on the set, why can’t they use him more. If not more then at least similar to his other team members. He literally disappeared after giving out the profile.

Exactly.  

The idea that the prison arc was an expensive shoot-around to accommodate MGG's desire to be off raises more questions than it answers.  He was still missing from the expected episodes, shot during October.  If the prison arc was designed to accommodate him again, does that mean he would have otherwise been missing from the end of last season?  I'd understood that the prison scenes were filmed as a package because of the extensive and longitudinal use of that one set, and set of actors, but it was really because of MGG?  Or am I misreading that?

Does it mean that they were willing to blow the budget because they thought they were at the end of their run?  Can't imagine the studio execs would have been happy about it.  

How expensive would it be to accomplish a one day shoot of a few classroom scenes, or a few phone-ins (no extras at all) to appear in the otherwise Reid-less episodes?  Even less expensive:  film him writing in a journal, with a voiceover of his thoughts, as he goes through the healing process, bring him back a little healthier.  And it would give us the added bonus of one or two minutes' worth less of unsub time or running around in the dark.

Edited by JMO
  • Love 5