Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: 8 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

The remaining eight chefs compete in a blind taste test, during which wrong answers lead to a dip in a dunk tank, and the winning team gets to spend the day at the Santa Monica Pier. Later, there's a special dinner service honoring firefighters that doesn't go as well as Chef Ramsay wanted.

I actually think Bryant seemed more like his normal self this episode. Maybe his ghetto attitude from the last episode was producer driven. But Fernando should not have gone before Santos…. I don't even know how he or Sade did not get eliminated by now. Sade should have been put up instead of Fernando. If they hadn't had any extra fish, she'd have fucked up an entire course of the meal, and as Fernando pointed out, at a real restaurant it'd have been a bunch of wasted food and money. 

This episode for me painted La Tasha and Bryant as being the final 2. I'd personally be happy with that outcome and be fine with either winning. Bryant seems more like the type that usually wins though. If he could get his temper under control (unless it was producer driven), I could see him winning. 

Who'd have thought Sterling would have gotten the most answers right in the taste test?

This episode for me painted La Tasha and Bryant as being the final 2. I'd personally be happy with that outcome and be fine with either winning. Bryant seems more like the type that usually wins though. If he could get his temper under control (unless it was producer driven), I could see him winning.

Don't see why you would be.  After the reveal of his temper issues, I don't think Bryant deserves to get to the end anymore.  And no, it was not producer-driven.  We've already had both Aaron and Fernando mention his temper and emotions in their final words now, so I think it's real.

That said, Fernando's been kind of boring this whole season and just felt like he was kinda there, so I'm not broken up by him going, even though it is kinda stupid he left before Santos.

I'd like Santos to go next, for sure, but a red teamer will probably be tossed instead.  I hope not, since they're all way more capable than the blue teams (only Sade can probably match them), but that'll probably happen, and then, we'll have our black jackets.

Then again why would temper be an issue? I mean look at the guy they're working for....

And remember how Ramsay said he didn't care about Bryant's temper anyway.

Sterling seems like a nice guy and all and surprisingly can cook better than some of the others but I can't see him in the finals. It would be obvious that the other person would win. He is just a little too silly and scatterbrained to ever get whatever this job is that they get. I don't think it's a head chef position anymore, probably more like a line cook, in which case all that stuff about Bryant's temper and not being able to lead is kind of irrelevant, as they wouldn't be leading anyone.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if Sterling has been the goofball in order to get along with everyone, in a very stressful environment. Because when it comes to cooking, he does know what he's doing. I guess when we reach that point where they take turns running the pass, if he's still there, that will tell the tale.

• Love 2

Then again why would temper be an issue? I mean look at the guy they're working for....

And remember how Ramsay said he didn't care about Bryant's temper anyway.

Ah, but Ramsay said he didn't care about it in the dorms.  Doesn't mean it still won't come out in the kitchen.

• Love 5

I don't think it's a head chef position anymore, probably more like a line cook, in which case all that stuff about Bryant's temper and not being able to lead is kind of irrelevant, as they wouldn't be leading anyone.

Ramsay's farewell comment: "Fernando's cooking was adequate, but his leadership was lacking. Being my next head chef requires both."

**Sidesnark:  If Roe is 33, I'm 16. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

Don't they always claim the prize is a head chef position but then it's really like a line cook or something? To be honest if even the best of the best of these people gets a head chef position, that's a scary thought.

• Love 1

So, Santos -- the misogynist bigot -- whose biggest fan is himself, who came up with a secret plan to eliminate his fellow contestants (most of them minorities), who has derogatorily referred to his female competitors as "girls" (among other things) and whose idea of leadership was the classic pass-the-buck-and-take-credit scenario, is nominated for elimination by his teammates, and when asked if he should stay, claims he is "Boston Strong?!"

This is why Boston Strong needs to be killed with fire. Out of his mouth, it's as appealing as overcooked salmon.

• Love 3