Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

It's a shame no one in charge at MSNBC doesn't sit them down and tell them to get their shit together, or come contract time, they'll be shown the door. I've said it before, they are not the main draw of this show. They're getting incredibly tiresome.

It would be well served to bring in two people that don't have this weird/sick relationship that almost on a weekly basis causes embarrassment on set during a show and from all reports, drives their staff crazy. 

This isn't cutesy stuff when Mark Consuelos co hosts with Kelly Ripa and they argue or tease each other.  

• Love 3

Holeeeee shiiiiite. I was looking around the www for some context on the second video suomi posted, but instead I came across this and I feel super ultra extra icky about Joe (and their relationship). I mean. ...

Part I... the fight (the prelude features Katty Kay even). Mika calls Joe out for being sexist, calls him out on acting like a chauvinistic pig, he verbally slaps her around and tells her to read her own book (to see how great he is).

Part II... Mika's apology, embedded in the link, at the bottom of the page. Joe takes the opportunity to go after her some more and it's really uncomfortable.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-goes-off-on-mika-brzezinski-after-she-asserts-hes-being-chauvinistic/

Part III... An open letter for Mika to KNOW HER VALUE.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/joe-scarborough-mika-brzezinski/163276

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Holeeeee shiiiiite. I was looking around the www for some context on the second video suomi posted, but instead I came across this and I feel super ultra extra icky about Joe (and their relationship). I mean. ...

Part I... the fight (the prelude features Katty Kay even). Mika calls Joe out for being sexist, calls him out on acting like a chauvinistic pig, he verbally slaps her around and tells her to read her own book (to see how great he is).

Part II... Mika's apology, embedded in the link, at the bottom of the page. Joe takes the opportunity to go after her some more and it's really uncomfortable.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-goes-off-on-mika-brzezinski-after-she-asserts-hes-being-chauvinistic/

Joe did apologize a few days later. This incident was right around the time Joe’s divorce was being finalized. This in no way excuses Joe’s behavior, but maybe explains it a little.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Oh Snap! Joe!

I couldn't take it another "it's complicated, its in a box, that's all I'm going to say" line of crap from Mika.  It is nice that the media is finally calling them out on their bullshit with the pictures and the cozy behavior.

And of course, Joe and his "but what about" crap.  The interview is about you and Mika's affair, not Donald Trump. 

• Love 1

Doesn't MJ have Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic on quite a bit?

Well here's something that might have Mika rethinking that booking - he just hired this dipshit Kevin Williamson formerly of The National Review who thinks women who have abortions should be hanged.  Wonder if we'll see her go off on Jeffrey like she did on Michael Wolfe. 

And Jonathan Swan of Axios thinks it's great that Goldberg hired him!

And we all know how Joe feels about a woman's right to choose. He once defended the man who eventually killed Dr George Tiller. 

Fuck all of them. 

Mika one of these days you're going to wake up and realize your fiance is an asshole. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

On recent shows, instead of sitting together at the regular table, Scarborough has appeared in front of a blue screen, similar to the ones of the NYC set, displaying the name of the show, while Brzezinski has been sitting in front of what seems to be a TV production office.

But they’re actually yards away from each other, working out of a London broadcasting facility. We’re told the pair — who secretly dated for a while before Page Six revealed their engagement in May — are in the UK on family business.

Their simultaneous absences are a headache for staff. “It’s very difficult working on a show where the two stars are in a relationship,” said a source.

The network has shipped separate teams of producers and crew out to the UK for each host, as they work from “different locations,” we’re told … with a wink.

https://pagesix.com/2017/07/23/joe-and-mikas-constant-traveling-is-annoying-their-staff/ 

21 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I may regret throwing this out into the universe, but it’s been quite awhile since Scarborough released new tunes. I wonder what’s up there.

Last I heard, very recently, he removed his stuff from iTunes. I'm pretty sure he's past due on the once-a-month EP releases he promoted. He was paying his musicians and singers well enough that he was their primary employer.

1 hour ago, suomi said:

Last I heard, very recently, he removed his stuff from iTunes. I'm pretty sure he's past due on the once-a-month EP releases he promoted. He was paying his musicians and singers well enough that he was their primary employer.

Good thing he kept his day job eh?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, suomi said:

He was paying his musicians and singers well enough that he was their primary employer.

Wait. Seriously? I heard them play at Hot Stove this year. A friend does some sound stuff at Paradise so I was there for hours and hours on end. That’s all to say, I was well intoxicated by the time Scarborough made their way to the stage, but shade me shocked that’s any of their primary gigs. 

I've seen this quote or a variation of it a couple times and I'm pretty sure I remember Joe sharing the same info. At this point I've read and watched too many interviews to remember which is which. (In medical terms, I am a poor historian. LOL)

Scarborough told GQ he's "been in garage bands since he was a teenager," but the morning show vet is now making a legitimate run at the music biz. He even pays his eight band members out of his own pocket, one of whom told GQ that it's "enough to make this our priority."

http://www.nickiswift.com/62838/mika-brzezinski-joe-scarborough-facts-may-know/

I know he makes bank but, seriously, his music career is totally a very, very expensive vanity project. As someone once said, "Why can't Joe Scarborough have his mid-life crisis in private?"

For those who haven't seen it posted elsewhere, the article has a link to the Sept 2016 GQ interview - just before/just as their covers were pulled. It's a long one.

Eight minutes ago oakville said

Trump won the Electoral College with 46% of the popular vote.  The NY Times article from yesterday gives the GOP an estimated 214 seats in 2018. Morning Joe makes it sound like the GOP will be wiped out.

Nate Silver at 538 has the results of six recent polls. T's approval rating is well below 46% in all but one (38-45%).

I couldn't figure out how to edit the order of the videos, sorry. The first video above uses a few clips to critique Rachel and Joe on David Gregory's Race For The White House. This third video shows that segment minus commentary and is titled Joe Scarborough Behaving Badly: Did He Leave The Set?

2 hours ago, suomi said:

Mika discussing healthy eating, body weight, addiction/obsession, and Joe.

https://youtu.be/CY1x6xtC9HI

(link cannot be embedded)

They never commented on my intellect . . . HEE!

Thanks for posting these suomi.  Her mom is a lot more normal than I pictured her, I thought she would be much more brittle.

• Love 1

I was reading replies in Peter Daou's recent Twitter post about Morning Joe (sorry I don't have a link on hand, the tweet said something about the hypocrisy of today's this is propaganda call when they had a propaganda script against Clinton all election cycle), and this lovely still image was in the thread. It must be from one of his music videos? I thought it deserved to be shared with the class.

DZyJah6V4AAJRYz.jpg:large

• Love 2
4 hours ago, suomi said:

How long have she and Joe been together? This was 2013. This was something that was really just Mika's thing, so I don't quite get why Joe is there or why Joe, his weight, his diet, his stories about her eating disorder even come up. 

(edited)
37 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

How long have she and Joe been together

That is the question that none of us know the answer to. Joe got divorced in late 2012/early 2013, and I am assuming his divorce was at least partially related to the affair with Mika. There was also a blind gossip item from 2013 (which later proved to be true), which said that at that time that they had been having an affair “for years”. Also, after the engagement there was a story in the daily beast that in 2013, the NY Post was going to out  them, until Mika got Roger Ailes to squash the story.

so combinng  all these tidbits, my best guess would be 2011. 

Edited by cased

Mika and husband Jim sent clever/humorous family photo holiday cards every year. One example: after Mika fell down the stairs with 4-month-old Carlie and Carlie was in traction for 5 weeks (followed by a body cast for 8 weeks) ... their card was a hospital photo of older sister Emilie, Carlie in traction, and the parents in scrubs. The caption was "From Emilie and Carlie and the Parents of the Year."

After the Imus brouhaha in April 2007 MSNBC took its time in selecting a replacement and after various rotating auditions for the slot MJ unofficially came into being in July (and was announced as a permanent replacement for Imus In October).  For the first year Mika worked under her existing MSNBC contract at day rate and remained on call to fill holes in the broadcast schedule. After close to a year on MJ she signed a proper contract and was no longer required to be on call for random assignment.

Mika traveled A Lot during her nearly 20 years in network news (and didn't see her girls for two weeks following 9-11 because her availability never meshed with theirs) but evidently none of that compared to the travel pace for MJ. The kicker is that the holiday card during MJ's first year featured a photo of Jim and the girls and the babysitter and the caption read "If you see Mommy, please wish her a Merry Christmas." The photo caption in her book reads "First year of Morning Joe we mocked my long hours and constant travel by switching me out with a replacement mom." The current year does not appear on any of the holiday cards but ... the first year MJ existed was 2007 and the first full year of MJ was 2008.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, XOQueens said:

The spray tan is strong with this one.  There comes a time when turning your body orange just isn't worth the pain in the ass and the stained clothes.  I'm sure all the scientists who have studied food obsessions over the years are thrilled that Mika pointed out to them that people can be addicted to food. 

Mika should work on her addiction to assholes, one in particular. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, teddysmom said:

Joe's arch nemesis is on Twitter defending Trump firing Tillerson. And she's getting a large ration of shit. 

She just got her award for her humble dedication to the cause.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, Chloesmom said:

Thanks for posting these suomi.  Her mom is a lot more normal than I pictured her, I thought she would be much more brittle.

Brittle is the perfect word for what I was expecting. Especially after Mika wrote about Moms butchering a roadkill deer for a fancy dinner that night while on her way to pick up little Mika at school. I came away from that video thinking she was a sweetie.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Hold up. Did Joe give her the same engagement ring as her first husband?

I noticed it too xoqueens.  If you watch the video around the 3:50 mark, the ring looks huge and I always remembered her wedding rings are being rather modest.  I even had to check to see when the video was posted to make sure it was when she was still married.  Weird.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I noticed it too xoqueens.  If you watch the video around the 3:50 mark, the ring looks huge and I always remembered her wedding rings are being rather modest.  I even had to check to see when the video was posted to make sure it was when she was still married.  Weird.

It looks like an oval solitaire. So being the nosy bish I am, I checked a pic of the one from Joe and it's an oval solitaire too, but it looks bigger. Lol. This seems oddly in character, in some weird way. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

It looks like an oval solitaire. So being the nosy bish I am, I checked a pic of the one from Joe and it's an oval solitaire too, but it looks bigger. Lol. This seems oddly in character, in some weird way. 

Ok, I sincerely hope that in an effort to hold their marriage together Mika's husband didn't upgrade her original engagement ring and then Joe had to go and buy the same thing but bigger.  He would, douche.

• Love 1

The one where Mika encourages women to dig deep to know their value with a full length mirror awkwardly placed in the background of what looks to be a bedroom she shares with her boss.

• Love 2
On 4/3/2018 at 3:07 PM, XOQueens said:

She just got her award for her humble dedication to the cause.

Joe will never forgive Maggie Haberman & her colleague at the NY Times for outing Mika & Joe's attendance at the New Year's Eve party at Mar a Largo. Joe claims that he went there with Mika to try & secure an interview with Trump. Trump was on their show almost every day during the primary. Why would they need to go to Mar A Largo on NYE to get an interview?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe will never forgive Maggie Haberman & her colleague at the NY Times for outing Mika & Joe's attendance at the New Year's Eve party at Mar a Largo. Joe claims that he went there with Mika to try & secure an interview with Trump. Trump was on their show almost every day during the primary. Why would they need to go to Mar A Largo on NYE to get an interview?

Wait til Joe gets wind of this. According to this reporter, she's one of the people Trump calls and leaks to, on the condition they say it's "unnamed WH staff". 

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/why-does-press-keep-reporting-if-trumps

Of course, Joe's no better. But will he be smart enough to leave it alone, or will he fire up the feud again. 

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT 

• Love 4

Haven't said anything until now but I've been wondering about liposuction. Awhile back, when she looked thick and was wrapped in a robe every day for a couple weeks? Because you wear a body stocking compression garment for about three weeks after the procedure. She is looking trim and fine lately and can't help telegraphing her awareness of her torso on camera, like she did while wearing the structured top earlier this week. This completes our report from the shallow end of the pool.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

This completes our report from the shallow end of the pool.

My favorite part of the pool.  You may be onto something. 

Wouldn't it be easier to lay off the 300 calorie Starbucks drinks and/or start running again? 

Maybe she got one of those waist trainer things like, yes the Kardashians wear.   I'm leaning in on this hard. 

• Love 2

I want to know who these poor women are on her IG account who thinks she's giving them good advice. 

Mika the only thing that got you where you are today is dating your boss.  So dig deep and know your value and stick your leg in the air like you just don't care.   We all know the truth. 

Your current career is the product, not of your brilliance as a cough cough journalist, or your in depth knowledge of foreign policy like the rest of your family, but of cheating on your husband and hurting your daughters because some nitwit thought you were hot and offered you a job to get you into the sack. 

• Love 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

My favorite part of the pool.  You may be onto something. 

Wouldn't it be easier to lay off the 300 calorie Starbucks drinks and/or start running again? 

Maybe she got one of those waist trainer things like, yes the Kardashians wear.   I'm leaning in on this hard. 

I'll play. Lol. I don't think she stopped running, she would mention it every once in awhile and there were some videos of her in running gear. She does seem really out of it lately, like something's making her emotional in the bad way. Anyway, I'd bet more money on she stopped eating again than liposuction.

Edit: Donny was just on Wallace's show. Now he has a good plastic surgeon. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Wait til Joe gets wind of this. According to this reporter, she's one of the people Trump calls and leaks to, on the condition they say it's "unnamed WH staff". 

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/why-does-press-keep-reporting-if-trumps

Of course, Joe's no better. But will he be smart enough to leave it alone, or will he fire up the feud again. 

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT 

Joe was getting scoops from Jared during the transition. He was trashing Bannon & Miller. Joe & Mika also got scoops from Dinah Powell. They are gone now.

5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I want to know who these poor women are on her IG account who thinks she's giving them good advice. 

Mika the only thing that got you where you are today is dating your boss.  So dig deep and know your value and stick your leg in the air like you just don't care.   We all know the truth. 

Your current career is the product, not of your brilliance as a cough cough journalist, or your in depth knowledge of foreign policy like the rest of your family, but of cheating on your husband and hurting your daughters because some nitwit thought you were hot and offered you a job to get you into the sack. 

Tough but fair. Mika's career prior to working on Morning Joe was going nowhere. She probably could still be doing overnight CNN.

5 hours ago, suomi said:

Haven't said anything until now but I've been wondering about liposuction. Awhile back, when she looked thick and was wrapped in a robe every day for a couple weeks? Because you wear a body stocking compression garment for about three weeks after the procedure. She is looking trim and fine lately and can't help telegraphing her awareness of her torso on camera, like she did while wearing the structured top earlier this week. This completes our report from the shallow end of the pool.

Good Eye, Suomi !

• Love 3
16 hours ago, XOQueens said:

like something's making her emotional in the bad way

Gosh what could that be?  Maybe her waist trainer is too tight. Or maybe Catholic guilt is kicking in....finally. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Gosh what could that be?  Maybe her waist trainer is too tight. Or maybe Catholic guilt is kicking in....finally. 

Guilt requires a degree of self awareness. ?‍♀️

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Guilt requires a degree of self awareness. ?‍♀️

I think that's why when asked she won't talk about it. She can't bear to face what she did, so she just brushes the pain she caused under the rug, because she has a big diamond ring and rock star boyfriend and it's like she's 22 again and the hot popular smart girl.   I hope she takes a minute and watches David Letterman talk to Jay Z about infidelity and the pain it causes.   She isn't even self aware enough to work on being a better person. She's too busy telling everyone else how to live their lives. 

• Love 2

http://www.instyle.com/news/morning-joe-mika-brzezinski-know-your-value-wage-gap

Morning Joe Cohost Mika Brzezinski Will Never Make This Money Mistake Again

“It hit me like a ton of bricks: I had missed when my stock was up. I wasn’t going to miss it again,” she says. Brzezinski remembers sprinting to the producer’s office, swinging open the door, and telling him: “I know it’s a little late and I already signed my contract. But here’s the deal—I’m not coming to work tomorrow, okay? 

Joe's disappeared from her story on this this time around.

The president can expect some pointed words from Brzezinski in those new pages. “Trump was in the book the first time and he is certainly in this book the second time,” Brzezinski says. “I give a very behind-the-scenes look at some of the things he’s said and done to me and Joe, the behind the scenes lowdown on the facelift tweet, and the obsession that he has with women’s looks, the destructive nature of his presidency as it pertains to women.”

I won't lie, I'm more than ready for this gossip. Lol

• Love 2

"No chemistry like this anywhere else on television"

Is she kidding?  Matt Lauer & Katie Couric, Regis & Kelly,  Willie Geist & Savannah Guthrie, those are just a few from back when she started with Joe. 

She's gone to not knowing her value, to over appraising it so much it's ridiculous. 

Even people who swear they're huge fans of the show on their Twitter feeds tell them how bad they behave, etc.  

It's the concept of the show that is popular, not these two idiots. 

• Love 2