Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

(edited)

They're running ads on this video, but I'm not monetized (because it isn't my music). 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3
(edited)

I only know Chappell Roan's song Pink Pony Club. This cover of another one of her songs makes me want to check out more of them. I'm jealous that he wears dress better than I ever could and that he has nice legs too....😸

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, Jaded said:

Never actually listened to Pearl Jam songs, but now I understand all those jokes about not understanding what the feck the vocalist of that band is singing lol

Anyways, ninth Nightwish album "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" (2015). And, now, I enter Floor Jansen era of the band. Um, playing back to back, I find no faults with this album at all. It's actually as good as any Tarja era albums for me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Never actually listened to Pearl Jam songs, but now I understand all those jokes about not understanding what the feck the vocalist of that band is singing lol

Yeah. There are songs I can't really make out too.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Yeah. There are songs I can't really make out too.

Great song, that. I've always loved this one from him, too:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

@BlueSkies I forgot about this one until I saw it on YouTube earlier today. This is one I liked/like.

Another good one.  These songs are part great and part hysterical 

• Like 2

So far, final and tenth album of Nightwish "Human II Nature" (2020). Yep, as I remember it, very very very tame in comparison to the rest of their catalogue. Hell, even Angels Fall First with its folkey music sounds whole lot more inspired than this...

As always, subjective assessments of each album:

1. Angels Fall First (1997) - 9.4/10 [Best songs: Elvenpath; The Carpenter; Astral Romance; Tutankhamen; Know Why the Nightingale Sings; Return to the Sea; Nightwish - Demo]

2. Oceanborn (1998) - 10/10 [Best songs: Passion and the Opera; Moondance; The Riddler; Walking in the Air; Sleeping Sun; Nightquest; Sleeping Sun – Live at Summer Breeze Open Air; Swanheart – Live; The Pharoah Sales to the Orion – Live]

3. Wishmaster (2000) - 10/10 [Best songs: She Is My Sin; The Kinslayer; Come Cover Me; Wonderlust; Two For Tragedy; Wishmaster; Bare Grace Misery; Deep Silent Complete; Wonderlust – Live; Deep Silent Complete – Live]

4. Century Child (2002) - 9.3/10 [Best songs: End of All Hope; Dead to the World; Slaying the Dreamer; Ocean Soul; Feel For You; Beauty of the Beast; The Wayfarer; Bless the Child – Radio Edit; Dead to the World – Live At Summer Breeze Open Air]

4.5. Over the Hills and Far Away (2002) - 6/10 [Best songs: Over the Hills And Far Away; 10th Man Down; The Kinslayer – Live; She Is My Sin – Live; Walking in the Air – Live; Wishmaster – Live]

5. Once (2004) - 10/10 [Best songs: Dark Chest of Wonders; Planet Hell; Creek Mary’s Blood; The Siren; Dead Gardens; Romanticide; Ghost Love Score; Higher Than Hope]

6. Dark Passion Play (2007) - 7.7/10 [Best songs: Bye, Bye, Beautiful; Cadence of Her Last Breath; For the Heart I Once Had; The Islander; Last of the Wilds; 7 Days to the Wolves; Meadows of Heaven]

7. Imaginaerum (2011) - 7.7/10 [Best songs: Talkativi; Ghost River; I Want My Tears Back; Scaretale; Turn Loose the Mermaids; Rest Calm; The Crow, the Owl and the Dove; Last Ride of the Day]

8. Endless Forms Most Beautiful (2015) - 10/10 [Best songs: Weak Fantasy; Elan; Yours An Empty Hope; Our Decades in the Sun; My Walden; Endless Forms Most Beautiful; Alpenglow; Greatest Show on Earth]

9. Human II Nature (2020) - 7.6/10 [Best songs: Shoemaker; Harvest; How’s the Heart; Endlessness; All the Works the Adorn the World – The Blue; All the Works the Adorn the World – The Green; All the Works the Adorn the World – Moors; All the Works the Adorn the World – Aurorae; All the Works the Adorn the World – Quiet as the Snow; All the Works the Adorn the World – Ad Astra]

And, looking back at the scores I given, wow, even though I don't particularly care for songs in albums that received low scores (relatively), but it appears that I still give (baring Over the Hills LP album) a score not lower than 7, which is not quite frequent at all. I mean, something in the music of this band really elevates the hearing experience. I don't know. Kinda like with ABBA or something. But, yeah, I guess, I liked Tarja era the best.

Average album score: 8.7/10

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I was just listening to that song last night! Also listened to this one, which is another great one by them: 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Started The Ramones discog. Self-titled album from 1976. Eh, mid album. Somewhere along the way, they forgot to play different chords and different progression, because I swear to god that from "I Wanna Sniff Some Glue" to "Havana Affair" (4 songs) it is the same f*cking song lol.

• LOL 2

I've had a livestream going as I've been doing something, and they're at Disneyland, where music was playing as they ate something. I love the song, and the steel drums.

• Like 2

I just started to listen to The Psychedelic Furs recently. I don't know why I kind of avoided their stuff before. I think I thought their music was going to sound different than it actually does. I don't know if that makes sense or not.
-----

• Like 3

Loving this band. Four singer-songwriters who have solo work formed the band to play together. They take turns singing and switch instruments . Really fun to see live!  Fun cameo by Adam Duritz in this.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

I love this song. 

I was just thinking about you.  Wondering if you were feeling better.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Anela said:

I was just thinking about you.  Wondering if you were feeling better.  

Aw, that's sweet, thank you. Yes, I'm feeling much better :). 

• Love 1

Third Ramones album "Rocket to Russia" (1977). Came out the same year that their second did. Um, in comparison, not as good as the second one; also, I now know where that "bird is the word" come from...

• Like 1

Fourth The Ramones album "Road to Ruin" (1978). OK, it seems that I have heard so far two of their songs before (Needles and Pins, and I Wanna Be Sedated). Also, best album of theirs IMO so far.

• Like 2

Fifth the Ramones album "End of the Century" (1980). Another mid album of theirs IMO. The most enjoyable songs are the demos from track 14 to track 17.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

I love this acoustic version.

That was a fun version, thansk for sharing that :). What a great song. 

• Like 4

Sixth the Ramones album "Pleasant Dreams" (1981). I'd say belongs to the category of one of their better albums, at least an 8 [yep, just counted the liked songs 8.9 out of 10], due to how modern it sounds (really is a product of the 80s; can't mistake that sound). Also, another song that I've heard of theirs in the past - Touring.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Anela said:

Wait, is this the song that was recently - what seems in all the news - that it's a song that what English sounds to non-English speakers? LOL.

• LOL 1

I was watching videos of another band on this YT channel yesterday. I went back to look at other bands and saw one who's music I hadn't listened to in a really long time. In the second video I have it starting after their first song. The first one is kind of meh.

---------

• Like 1

Seventh the Ramones album "Subterranean Jungle" (1983). An above average album, has its ups and downs. Since the previous album, I see Ramones started to experiment with length of songs, now there are a handful above 2 minutes, and even one that is more than 4 minutes long :D

Eight the Ramones album "Too Tough to Die" (1984). Slightly above mid album. As usual, the demo tracks are the best for me. Um, this album sounds kinda tame I guess for the most part, not as much punk as it used to sound in their previous albums...