Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I got a laugh out of the kid's blouse, other than that, meh. I will give it a shot because what the hell else I got to do? Are there really only 6 episodes to this first season like there was on TWD? We know why they did that, it might have tanked in a huge way. 

• Love 2

I liked it.  I had no expectations, and resisted any urge to compare it to TWD.  But then, I usually only bag on shows or characters I truly despise. 

Oh, and the kid was obviously wearing a ladies' fugly SHRUG.  I only do shopping channels drivebys, but this I know!  :-)

There are zombies. Oooops! SPOILER ALERT. bwahahahahaha

I knew he'd probably picked up the girls dohicky, it was still just funny him all flappin in the breeze.

Not nearly as funny as the models and hosts of the Shopping Channels who seriously try to sell this stuff ... seriously!  :-)

(No offense meant to people who DO wear a bolero shrug with long front "wings" - it's just a look that isn't flattering to most ...  except, of course, young junkie zombie bait with a teenaged hairless chest and a hint o' abs). 

So, did anyone else watch FTWD and, if so, what did you think?  I didn't really connect with any of the characters but I'm going to give it another couple episodes before I make my final decision.  It certainly needs Bear McCreary's touch.

I don't want this new cast hanging out with TWD cast.  No way, no how.

Pretty much all this.

I heard from another person who is a big TWD fan at work, that heard they were planning on having 'crossover events' between TWD and FTWD in the distant future, (if FTWD makes it that far).  After watching the FTWD pilot, my reaction to that possible news is "no, no, no, nooo and HELL NO!!!".  Keep FTWD the hell away from TWD, please and thank you!

• Love 2

I didn't pay attention to the blouse, but it seems like that was all a lot of people noticed in certain scenes. How did I miss the blouse?

I received really bad news today, so I might be getting my passport sorted out - if they can do it quickly - and be going home to England for a while. Although I don't know if I can, because of my dog, almost seventeen, freaks out if I'm out of his sight for long. I thought we were finally getting a break from depressing things this year, even though I've been feeling messed up dealing with things that have already happened. Apparently not...  so I'm trying to distract myself.

• Love 1

Anela - I am so sorry for your troubles, and can totally identify with your passport problems and ageing pet worries.  I'd happily dogsit for you, if distance wasn't an issue (I'm very good with animals).  If you are anywhere near SoCal, I'm your gal.

The blouse/shrug was a non-issue for me until others brought it up in the forums.  It was when junkie kid first woke up and then went running away from terror at the beginning of the episode, wearing a chest revealing something-or-other.  :-)

Hi guys, got back yesterday at 2.30am and got to work for 10am so I was basically a zombie myself most of yesterday. I had a lovely time in Cuba. The beach was great and the pool had a nice shallow end so a non swimmer like me could wallow too. The resort staff were friendly especially the waiter who proposed to me. Twice. I visited Havana which was under construction. Every building worth seeing was under renovation and every road had a crew on it. Car people may enjoy the fact that the cab in which I travelled to Havana was a 1955 Chevy Bel Air (with a Toyota Diesel engine) Gridlock was three cars at a stop sign.

The food was decidedly mediocre unless you were dying for a serving of sliced ham in canned fruit cocktail sauce. We always found enough to eat though. Cuba is a great place to vacation without worrying about overindulging, though my waiter ensured my wine glass was never empty. It didn't make my list of places I'd return to.

I'm waiting for the new show to make it to On Demand before chiming in on that.

• Love 5

Hi guys, got back yesterday at 2.30am and got to work for 10am so I was basically a zombie myself most of yesterday. I had a lovely time in Cuba. The beach was great and the pool had a nice shallow end so a non swimmer like me could wallow too. The resort staff were friendly especially the waiter who proposed to me. Twice. I visited Havana which was under construction. Every building worth seeing was under renovation and every road had a crew on it. Car people may enjoy the fact that the cab in which I travelled to Havana was a 1955 Chevy Bel Air (with a Toyota Diesel engine) Gridlock was three cars at a stop sign.

The food was decidedly mediocre unless you were dying for a serving of sliced ham in canned fruit cocktail sauce. We always found enough to eat though. Cuba is a great place to vacation without worrying about overindulging, though my waiter ensured my wine glass was never empty. It didn't make my list of places I'd return to.

I'm waiting for the new show to make it to On Demand before chiming in on that.

Glad to hear you had a good time.... and also glad to hear you didn't start any missile crisis' while you were vacationing, as well.   ;-)

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Not that you aren't special but did the waiter think he was gonna get a really big tip? Or a free ride to Canadia? I'm sure the weather was nice and you weren't at work which is nice. 

I hope everything works out, Anela.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 1

FTWD....Meh.  I hope the Mom with permanent Resting Bitch Face and bad acting chops gets bit first.  Then her A-hole daughter.  God why can't these people write for women??

I figured I would hate hate hate the junkie, but as it turns out he's the only one who I am even remotely interested in seeing the story play out.  It was just one episode, hopefully it gets much, much better.  I wasn't comparing to TWD either, just the characters were awful.

• Love 1

Shocking as it may seem, I have a girlfriend.  Who has been my light and life and savior lo these many dark days and nights.  Yes, we met on PTV.   She does the Facebook shit (for her huzzbin) and came across a post about a friend who visited a German restaurant in Atlanta recently; saw the director of TWD and Abraham, Morgan and Daryl dining.  My girlfriend doesn't watch TWD, but she squeed on my behalf several times over, and learned that "the director" and "those guys" were very kind and considerate of a tweeny fan-girl who was suitably impressed.  I did a third-hand squee.  :-)

• Love 4

Not that I'm anxious or anything...

To: Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 9:00:00 PM

Result: 41 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

The duration is 41 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

Or 1 month, 11 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units

41 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds can be converted to one of these units:

• 3,542,400 seconds
• 59,040 minutes
• 984 hours
• 41 days
• 5 weeks and 6 days

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 4

I'm watching "Masters of Sex" and I'm looking at this girl, thinking "where do I know this snaggle tooth from?" (I'm a tooth-o-phile, tooth-iast)  IT'S BETH! Emily Kinney, she's got darker hair, I think it's more attractive than her blonde, but it took me a while. 

• Love 1

Does she at least get to finally have some sex?

That is yet to be determined, if she has sex with Mr. Master's I'll be squicked beyond recognition. I never wanted her knocking boots with Darryl but It's icky here because she was supposedly some child of their neighbors. Plus she brings nail scissors to a gun fight. 

• Love 1

I splurged and bought myself a brand spanking new Dyson vacuum cleaner and am horrified at what my old cheapo vacuum was not picking up.

Also, when I was 21 I never would have imagined I would get so excited about a new vacuum cleaner.  Sigh.  

• Love 5

Also, when I was 21 I never would have imagined I would get so excited about a new vacuum cleaner.

Oh, do I hear that! Got a new fridge and had to go open and close the door ten times the first day, just looking and admiring. Nope, appliances did not excite or interest me in the least in the good ol' days.

• Love 4

When I bought a new fridge it was the first time I had an automatic Ice maker or ice and water in the door. I was so excited!

I had some lovely steak and I've been on a baked potato kick. I hadn't baked a potato in years in my house. So I baked a few. And sincerely they are so frikkin good! Today's potato has nacho cheese and bacon. Yesterday had some nice sharp cheddar and bacon. Made some sweet tea too. Yum yum.

• Love 3

I splurged and bought myself a brand spanking new Dyson vacuum cleaner and am horrified at what my old cheapo vacuum was not picking up.

Also, when I was 21 I never would have imagined I would get so excited about a new vacuum cleaner.  Sigh.  

I also splurged & bought a Dyson many, many years ago.  It was used perhaps twice or thrice, and now sits mocking me with it's loudly horrifying noise that could easily be fixed by someone cleverer than I.   I just bought a slightly used $25.00 cheapie HEPA "shop vac" with all the tools, bells and whistles, that works better than the Dyson ever did.  (Anyone want a $500 Dyson for cheap?)

When I was 21, I still cared about housekeeping & such nonsense.  I grew out of it.  :-)

• Love 1

Yesterday I had a desperate urge to drive 100 miles for tacos. Well, I was gonna go to trader joes also and try to meet up with a friend. But I really really wanted those tacos. They have a tempura avocado taco! And mushroom taco. Plus normal tacos and possibly even more delicioso tacos beyond description! My friends son was at scout Camp and she didn't see the message until too late. I was gonna go today and talked myself out of it because of thd weather and sheer sillyness of driving 100 miles for tacos. Sigh. So I stayed home, going to a movie and spent too much money on clothes. But I did get up early and scrape and paint part of my garage. The covered part because its frikkin raining. AGAIN. >:(

• Love 3

I'm watching "Masters of Sex" and I'm looking at this girl, thinking "where do I know this snaggle tooth from?" (I'm a tooth-o-phile, tooth-iast)  IT'S BETH! Emily Kinney, she's got darker hair, I think it's more attractive than her blonde, but it took me a while. 

Hmm.  "Beth" on Masters of Sex.  You must report back to us if she has a 'singing' orgasm.  "What is that awful annoying noise?"Oh, that?  The study participant just reached completion."

• Love 2

The next new Beth is the daughter on Ray Donovan, they inserted her singing the other day and the 2 other things I've ever seen her in they had her singing as well. 

Back in the day everything Dermott Mulroney ever did, he was playing cello. I guess because he plays cello in real life. He had some baby daddy movie where he knocked up Patricia Arquette and his music career was in jeopardy because he was going to have to get a job to support his kid. Then there was something with Martha Plimpton. Several very early jobs in his career all featured cello. I like him though, he can play cello for me anytime. :D

Edited by nachomama

So - the Nashville Dragon Boat Festival was this past Saturday.

Remember a little less than a month ago I mentioned being asked to captain one of the teams?

Well, here's something I didn't mention, because I didn't know at the time - the team didn't exist. Yet. Nobody had done a thing about actually, you know, creating something resembling a team.

So yeah - I had to assemble a team from scratch, and the races only about three weeks away. With the revolving door of people opting in and dropping out (often in the same day), the process can best be described as herding cats.

But I got a team put together, and we placed 26th out of 38 teams - which, all things considered, ain't real bad.

Anyway, that was Saturday - and I had one day to recover from that before hopping a couple of planes out to Albuquerque.

Anybody know of anything fun going on in ABQ this week?

Geez.

• Love 2

The state fair is going on in Albuquerque, if it was couple of weeks you'd have the balloon fiesta. THAT would be frikkin awesome if you just happened to be there at that time. 

If there was no team who the hell nominated you to be captain? If it was fun then all's well that ends well. 

• Love 1

Time is clearly not flying -- which suggests we're not having fun -- but there's at least a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel:

To: Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 9:00:00 PM
Result: 21 days, 4 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

Alternative time units

21 days, 4 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds can be converted to one of these units:

• 1,828,800 seconds
• 30,480 minutes
• 508 hours
• 21 days (rounded down)
• 3 weeks

• Love 3

I loathe FTWD but I am committed to watching it until TWD.  I keep hoping it'll pick up and morph into something...  something I'd love to watch.  Definition of insanity.

Only been to Cuba once and I loved it.  Gorgeous beach, most pristine in the Caribbean.  Also, I want and need a Dyson.  But I'd prefer to buy it using Air Miles ;)

October 11th is around the corner *drumming fingers on desk at work*

• Love 3

I got a new phone finally. Dragged myself up to the Bell Store and signed up for a two-year plan that features minimal data. I do not do social media so do not require much. The phone selection summed up my personality in the proverbial nutshell. The plan came with a choice of two phones: a flat, ugly Motorola and a Samsung. I looked at the nicer model next to the Samsung (which was also a Samsung, as is the retiring phone) and asked if I could have that one instead. Yes, that's me. Offer me a choice of A or B, and I will choose C. I have the phone I wanted and have already missed two calls because I don't recognize my own ringtone.

On the night of October 11th, I will be on a plane from Dublin to Barcelona. I leave Toronto on the 9th, arrive in Dublin on the 10th and leave for Barcelona on the 11th because my sister forgot about TWD. I will have to catch the premiere on demand when I get back on the 17th. You guys are starting without me this time.

I've been catching up on some other shows and other stuff, lately.  Anxiously awaiting the start of S6.  October 11th still feels like an eternity in the future, even if its just 2.66 weeks away now.

Am I bad person for really looking forward to the first season of FTWD ending, just so we can get back to the parent show??  I really though it'd be a nice change of pace and interesting to see a POV of the ZA outbreak, but I'm just wanting it over and back to good old TWD.

• Love 1

I need to watch Z Nation.  Haven't even seen the 1st season yet (*hangs head in shame*).  The Strain and Penny Dreadful, and Gotham are also on my "need to watch" list.  (I'm a little hesitant about Gotham, but feel like I need to check it out anyway, just to see if its worth watching/following or not)  Sleepy Hollow is a slight possibility that might be given a chance as well.

I recently [the past few weeks] watched Dr Who, Sherlock, and The Flash.  (despite it being a CW product, the first season of TF was actually really good)

Work and college/NFL football have cut down the available time to put towards watching/catching up on shows, but I've gotten some watched and the first 3 on my "need to watch" list are bugging me to get watched, but that's where I'm at currently.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ETA:  Anyone watch American Horror Story, all 4 seasons (that have aired)?  I watched AHS: Murder House, but have yet to see Asylum, Coven, or Freak Show.  I see S5/Hotel starts up on 10/7.  I wonder if it will be mostly just a season long 'knock-off' of The Shining?  I think I might check it out, to see how similar it might end up being.  Is Jessica Lange still starring on the show?

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

I adored Penny Dreadful. The first season was a blast. I lost the channel that carries the show here and it was the only show I pined over. I lost Veep and Game of Thrones and a bunch of others, but I was okay with all of that. Penny Dreadful? I'm buying the season 2 DVDs. The Strain is on my must-get- to list, along with Fargo (both are available on Shomi) but with fall TV back, my viewing schedule is getting tight. I'm halfway through season 1 of The Bridge and struggling to find an open spot for it now that Gotham and Empire are back. I liked Minority Report too. And I still want to check out Limitless.

• Love 1