Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

Orphan black, same. Vikings I've got last two stacked up. Jessica jones is really good! I've been told I must must must watch daredevil. Most of the rest of those I never got into.  But yes I'm getting very apathetic. 

On 4/27/2016 at 11:25 AM, Nashville said:

Just got onto P.tv for the first time since the upgrade.  

Not trying to play the Grumpy Old Man card, here, but I think the new format is giving me brain cancer.

You can "follow" individual topics, but you can't follow a forum?

Is there a tutorial or printer around here somewhere I'm missing?

Well... the re-introduction of "My Shows" is definitely an improvement

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Irishmaple said:

Since the end of this show, my live TV viewing consists of 12 Monkeys on Monday night and Orphan Black on Thursday. Everything else has been relegated to On Demand. I'm two weeks behind on Fear TWD, three weeks behind TAR and I find I'm untroubled by this. I've lost interest in Vikings, never bothered picking up The Magicians or The Path despite being initially intrigued by both. Bosch is available on Crave (a legal streaming service)  Daredevil and Jessica Jones are on Netflix Canada, and I wouldn't mind checking them out but haven't bothered yet. I'm becoming a rather casual TV viewer which surprises me because I bordered on obsessive there for a while. I spent the last couple of nights on four accumulated episodes of Blindspot and let everything else slide. And I enjoyed those episodes.  Is there a cure for that?

The Magicians was super, super good.  Like I cannot wait for it to come back on good.  Like awesome cliffhanger that wasn't just put there to mess with the audience...Imagine that?

I am actually hopeful for tonight's FWD.  My DVR skipped a week and showed me next weeks episode's description and I must say it had me intrigued and wondering if they are actually going to make it better.

Still not in love with FTWD, sadly I'm rooting for the drug addict because he's adapting better.

And this dang thing still won't work on safari. which doesn't help me in the goofing off time from work. having 2 browsers open can be suspicious. and I think 3 times I've typed stuff and not hit the submit reply button then moped that no one cares about my witty comment.

Hey we're on page 69! Also I have $29 to get through Thursday. That's either sad or actually really good planning. Tomorrow I have to switch desks or move desks to make room for new massive equipment. Fun fun fun. 

• Love 4

Ugghhhh! I'm filthy dirty. blech. Cleaning out my old desk and hopping to the new one. Running a vaccuum that basically just rescatters the dust and goes up your nose. The floor mat thingy under my old desk was all falling apart and I hauled it to the trash, getting me all gross once again and there was carpet unearthed after 30 years. The carpet is actually blue not gray! that aint just me, that's 25 years before my time getting dinghy. But I got a better chair and I'm closer to the air vent and farther from the window. The window used to cook me in the afternoon, I was like an ant that someone was focusing a lens on. I have a tremendous headache for today's excursions but I believe I'll be happier once all the dust settles...literally. They're moving in the new equipment tomorrow. if you need to page me I'm now on 20, not 16. :D

• Love 1

I have moved so many times at work and I hate hate hate it!

Went to Vegas.  Came back with a bunch of their money.  Signed up for a bunch of glass art classes at a Chicago Glass House.  Life is good.

• Love 2
On 4/30/2016 at 1:30 PM, Irishmaple said:

Since the end of this show, my live TV viewing consists of 12 Monkeys on Monday night and Orphan Black on Thursday. Everything else has been relegated to On Demand. I'm two weeks behind on Fear TWD, three weeks behind TAR and I find I'm untroubled by this. I've lost interest in Vikings, never bothered picking up The Magicians or The Path despite being initially intrigued by both. Bosch is available on Crave (a legal streaming service)  Daredevil and Jessica Jones are on Netflix Canada, and I wouldn't mind checking them out but haven't bothered yet. I'm becoming a rather casual TV viewer which surprises me because I bordered on obsessive there for a while. I spent the last couple of nights on four accumulated episodes of Blindspot and let everything else slide. And I enjoyed those episodes.  Is there a cure for that?

I'm still all over the place, and miss being able to at least focus on a TV show. I've been working my way through season one of Daredevil again, to prep for season two, but I'm only giving it part of my attention because my mind is elsewhere.

The one thing I still watch every week, is The Americans. Then there's Bate's Motel, as well. I'd completely forgotten about Orphan Black, although I loved it when I discovered it a few years ago. I haven't seen season three, and need to do so, before I watch current episodes. 

• Love 1

I missed season 3 completely so it's helpful that season 4 seems like a genuine reboot. I do feel like I missed things but there's enough of season 1 in there as well as new stuff to make me feel like I'm keeping up. I still hate Helena.

I'm currently working my way through to the end of this season's Elementary. I knocked off episodes 20 and 21 last night, and have 22 and 23 on tap for tonight. Then Orphan Black at 10pm.

(edited)

I do not watch Empire, maybe I should, but I don't, anywho...didnt' it just start back again? I swear I saw people post less than a month ago about the season premiere and now they're talking about season finale. Have I lost my mind?

I kinda want to walk around calling everyone "sastra" and anyone who gets it are my people. I like crazy orphan bestest. 

Edited by nachomama

Reyo yall.  Heavy-duty work project sucked away a solid week of my life, never to be seen again; kept me too busy to check in.

On the plus side, I logged over 20 hours OT in a single week - so the new set of tires for my truck should be more than covered.  ;)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Nashville said:

Reyo yall.  Heavy-duty work project sucked away a solid week of my life, never to be seen again; kept me too busy to check in.

On the plus side, I logged over 20 hours OT in a single week - so the new set of tires for my truck should be more than covered.  ;)

You just described my life unfortunately!

• Love 2
Just now, nachomama said:

Why do I keep seeing tributes to Michael Douglas' life? Below, here, on p.tv. He isn't dead. 

Work is driving me into the ground too. 

Ugh, those clickbaity "promoted stories"! "These celebrities died without anyone knowing" and "30 child actors who lost their lives way too soon"—each with photos of people who are still living.

• Love 1

Yes and I was bored and the "27 celebs who died and we didn't know it" we're Whitney Houston, robin Williams, Kurt contain...OMG WHEN DID KURT COBAIN DIE! Say it ain't so! I can't believe they kept these deaths a secret all this time. 

• Love 2

Part of me wants the zen-ness of the tiny house but holy crap we all know I aint zen and I would go crazy but I love, love, love all gadgets and pully's and hidden closets, stairs. I got to sleep on a murphy bed once and it was a highlight of my life.

and I do understand the irony of millenials cooing over the "tiny house" when in reality tiny houses, ie trailers and mobile homes and rv's have existed forever. A trailer is trash but because a tiny house is "custom made" it makes it better. There's a company nearby that makes Rv's that can go on water. Boom just drive your rv into the water. I want a chitty chitty bang bang tiny house, rube goldberg contraptions abound and it can fly or drive on water. go get it for me, k thanx, bai.

• Love 3

I would actually do pretty good in one.  When my parents passed away going through all their "stuff" was just awful.  So many things that were packed away for years and years and years and never really used.  It really changed my mindset about "stuff" and not wanting anyone to have to go through all my crap.  The money spent on all these things that we think we need and never really use is just ridiculous.

I can retire in 6 years at 50 years old so I might do it then.  In the meantime I've been steadily pairing down.  If I haven't used it in a year I donate.  It is sickening the amount of money I have wasted on one or two time use things.

• Love 3

800 days from now I'm eligible for retirement.

May not retire immediately - but that's still a nice number to have in your back pocket.

Oh wait - it's after midnight now.  Make that 799.  :D

• Love 4

So Prison Break will be back next year, filming in Vancouver.

And outside our office in North Van, near the water facing downtown Vancouver, there is filming, don't know what show is this, I'm gonna find out :))

• Love 1
15 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

So Prison Break will be back next year, filming in Vancouver.

And outside our office in North Van, near the water facing downtown Vancouver, there is filming, don't know what show is this, I'm gonna find out :))

Fellow former Vancouverite here.  Try checking out this site for your local filming info :  http://yvrshoots.com/

Hi walnutqueen, I was looking at that site too and on twitter, I can't find something that is filming currently in North Shore.

Tuesday the crew was here, wed and thu they were out, this morning they are here again lol :))

• Love 1
1 hour ago, piequinn35 said:

Hi walnutqueen, I was looking at that site too and on twitter, I can't find something that is filming currently in North Shore.

Tuesday the crew was here, wed and thu they were out, this morning they are here again lol :))

piequinn35 - I'd probably be spending my lunch break down there trying to pump anyone, including food services, for info!  :-)

I went to Walker Stalker in Chicago last weekend....Tickets were dirt cheap on Groupon, probably because Carl was the biggest name there.  Speaking of Carl, his hair looked just like Farrah Fawcet's in the 70's poster minus the highlights....

It was fun but kind of a rip off.  I can't believe how much those people charge for stuff!

An interesting thing that happened:  Chris from Fear was there and Tobias (the student we saw in season one that kept trying to warn everybody) had booths set up by each other.  When I went by there was no one at Chris's and Tobias had a line...lmao

• Love 5
(edited)

It's a rainy Sunday so I've abandoned my laundry to see X-men Apocalypse. I paid  $17.99 for a Prime (ie reserved) seat because I'm' already paying for 3D so WTF. I have my Coke Zero and my salted caramel ice cream bar. And the woman sitting in front of me has her shoes off and her bare feet on the seat in front of her. Did I just pay $20 to watch a movie in her living room?

Edited by Irishmaple
  • Love 1

I was wondering if one of you smart folks could enlighten me on how to remove a show from my customized home page on the forum.  I haven't really adapted well to the changes that were made, in case that wasn't obvious by my question.

• Love 1

h

5 minutes ago, NurseGiGi said:

I was wondering if one of you smart folks could enlighten me on how to remove a show from my customized home page on the forum.  I haven't really adapted well to the changes that were made, in case that wasn't obvious by my question.

I don't like the changes either, but I figured this one out for you ... click "customize" on your home page & scroll down to the first letter of the show, then expand (red + sign) so all the shows appear.  Your selections will have a check mark next to them.  Just uncheck the one you want to remove, and then save changes at the bottom of the page.  Lotsa luck!  :-)

• Love 2
On June 3, 2016 at 4:53 PM, kj4ever said:

I went to Walker Stalker in Chicago last weekend....Tickets were dirt cheap on Groupon, probably because Carl was the biggest name there.  Speaking of Carl, his hair looked just like Farrah Fawcet's in the 70's poster minus the highlights....

It was fun but kind of a rip off.  I can't believe how much those people charge for stuff!

An interesting thing that happened:  Chris from Fear was there and Tobias (the student we saw in season one that kept trying to warn everybody) had booths set up by each other.  When I went by there was no one at Chris's and Tobias had a line...lmao

Was Chris on a break? I thought the same thing, some booths empty but they'd just close up and go away. And yes ridiculous. I wonder why it was so poorly attended? Maybe rest of the cast actually had to be somewhere? They usually have good turnout. 

I'm watching Roots. The universe is telling me to be a recluse. Tried to go to a movie last week, there was a police stand off in front of the bank I was trying to go to. Then bad weather created a 7 car bumper cars traffic jam. Movie was cancelled because of projector issues. And took me an hour to get home because another accident closed my exit so I had to make a detour home. 

Thanks so much, walnutqueen!  I would have never figured that out.

I've been watching Jericho lately and should finish up the series by tomorrow.  I won't say much about it here except that I like the way the characters stay true to themselves and don't suddenly morph into stupid overload depending on what the plot requires.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/5/2016 at 7:24 PM, nachomama said:

Was Chris on a break? I thought the same thing, some booths empty but they'd just close up and go away. And yes ridiculous. I wonder why it was so poorly attended? Maybe rest of the cast actually had to be somewhere? They usually have good turnout. 

I'm watching Roots. The universe is telling me to be a recluse. Tried to go to a movie last week, there was a police stand off in front of the bank I was trying to go to. Then bad weather created a 7 car bumper cars traffic jam. Movie was cancelled because of projector issues. And took me an hour to get home because another accident closed my exit so I had to make a detour home. 

Nope not on break.  He was just sitting there watching all the people at Tobias's booth...lol  That should be very telling about what a lot of people think of the show!

I think it was so poorly attended because Carl was the biggest there.  There were a lot of the B String - Rosita, Tara, Abraham, Sasha....Carl was the only CDB.  Daryl has always been in Chi in the past but he wasn't there this year.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 1

I imagine Darryl is either on his road trip or only doing press for his motorcycle show. I like the B string in the groups. They have good comaraderie and stories. I like behind the scenes stuff and I'm not standing in lines for anyone cuz I can't afford the signed picture anyway so I'd be good with just cheap admittance tickets. I imagine Rick goes home as often as possible with time off, although he's a good attender, Michonne is a rarity.

I have a friend who thinks we'll road trip up to Atlanta and at least do some casual stalking if not actual tours. We'll see if that happens.

On 6/5/2016 at 9:07 PM, walnutqueen said:

I'm watching the Six Feet Under marathon, and am happy, happy, happy.  Such a good show!

I have Amazon prime free for a month (or another few weeks - this one is going fast). I've been trying to catch up with True Blood, but might try to watch Six Feet Under, before I lose Prime. I had wanted to re-watch Carnivale, and The Americans, but a friend of mine keeps talking about SFU being her favourite show. I only watched a few episodes, when it was on. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Anela said:

I have Amazon prime free for a month (or another few weeks - this one is going fast). I've been trying to catch up with True Blood, but might try to watch Six Feet Under, before I lose Prime. I had wanted to re-watch Carnivale, and The Americans, but a friend of mine keeps talking about SFU being her favourite show. I only watched a few episodes, when it was on. 

It really was an amazing show - I hope you find the time to watch it.

• Love 1

adulting is hard. I don't wanna anymore. Massive overtime this week, yes I want the money but my neck is all crooked and I'm having to cancel my weekly Wednesday hang out. Which I should anyway because my stupid checking account is overdrawn. which it shouldn't be because my damn satellite deducted their fee twice. I'm getting that reversed and they better take back their durn $36 fee. sigh.

And people suck. Why is the world imploding? DO NOT GO TO ORLANDO FFS. wth is going on? I don't understand anything anymore. I'm just so disheartened with the world.

• Love 2