Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I need to watch Z Nation.  Haven't even seen the 1st season yet (*hangs head in shame*).  The Strain and Penny Dreadful, and Gotham are also on my "need to watch" list.  (I'm a little hesitant about Gotham, but feel like I need to check it out anyway, just to see if its worth watching/following or not)  Sleepy Hollow is a slight possibility that might be given a chance as well.

I recently [the past few weeks] watched Dr Who, Sherlock, and The Flash.  (despite it being a CW product, the first season of TF was actually really good)

Work and college/NFL football have cut down the available time to put towards watching/catching up on shows, but I've gotten some watched and the first 3 on my "need to watch" list are bugging me to get watched, but that's where I'm at currently.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ETA:  Anyone watch American Horror Story, all 4 seasons (that have aired)?  I watched AHS: Murder House, but have yet to see Asylum, Coven, or Freak Show.  I see S5/Hotel starts up on 10/7.  I wonder if it will be mostly just a season long 'knock-off' of The Shining?  I think I might check it out, to see how similar it might end up being.  Is Jessica Lange still starring on the show?

When does Sleepy Hollow start back up?

And AHS: Coven was excellent, btw.

When does Sleepy Hollow start back up?

And AHS: Coven was excellent, btw.

Looks like SH starts back up a week from today (yesterday now, technically, but whatever); Thursday, October 1.  Do you like it?  I don't want spoilers, but is it sufficiently 'scary' enough to be considered a horror type show?  That's what I've always thought of it as, anyways, having never watched it (yet).

And I need to watch the Asylum-Coven-Freak Show season of AHS at some point.  I ended up having to marathon Murder House about a year to year-&-a-half later after it first aired, after catching only the first few eps during its initial run.  Family health problems threw a big kink in to normal life, thus normal TV viewing habits.  I will admit to some skepticism about her going in, but Jessica Lange just killed it in MH.  Loved the way she just made you hate her character, she did a bang up job with it.

• Love 1

I would like to see Penny Dreadful but I don't have Showtime. 

And Z Nation is my favorite cheese fest right now.  And they seem to have a bigger budget than FTWD.  And FTWD is just leaving me frustrated and pissed off.  I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt at first but the last episode has pretty much convinced me to mourn what could have been.

I still haven't watched Jericho yet but I'm thinking of watching a few episodes this weekend.

• Love 2

I have yet to watch Jericho, myself.  (I think its knowing the fact it got dropped a third of the way into S2 has been staying my hand)

And speaking of that, I hope everything with kikismom is ok.  Haven't seen her in months.  As much as I like reading posts and comments by everyone else, it hasn't been quite the same without her around.

• Love 2

I have decided that TWD needs Doc from Z Nation.  I would love to see him bust up into the ASZ looking for some Oxy.  Maybe even a Roberta/Rick stare down (which she would win by the way).

I'm becoming a Mommy tomorrow.  A friend of mine rescues kitties and I'm adopting one and am kind of nervous about it.  I've always had dogs in the past but decided a cat would be better since they're more independent and will better tolerate me working 12 hour shifts.

• Love 3

I have decided that TWD needs Doc from Z Nation.  I would love to see him bust up into the ASZ looking for some Oxy.  Maybe even a Roberta/Rick stare down (which she would win by the way).

I'm becoming a Mommy tomorrow.  A friend of mine rescues kitties and I'm adopting one and am kind of nervous about it.  I've always had dogs in the past but decided a cat would be better since they're more independent and will better tolerate me working 12 hour shifts.

NurseGiGi - don't you worry about a thing.  Your instincts about cat v dog and long working hours are solid (the sole reason I became a crazy old cat lady was the JOB).  I am here for any and all of your kitty questions & concerns, 24/7.  Seriously.   I am the steward to 9, now 8 (as of today, of all days to mourn loss and rejoice in rebirth) ... and I can assure you this kitty will fill your life with love and delight for many years to come.  Patience and a soft voice is all you need ... and, of course,  TREATS!!!  :-)

• Love 2

I have yet to watch Jericho, myself.  (I think its knowing the fact it got dropped a third of the way into S2 has been staying my hand)

Don't.  That had nothing to do with the quality of the show, and everything to do with someone in the CBS executive suite being an absolute moron.

• Love 3

I'm becoming a Mommy tomorrow.  A friend of mine rescues kitties and I'm adopting one and am kind of nervous about it.  I've always had dogs in the past but decided a cat would be better since they're more independent and will better tolerate me working 12 hour shifts.

Please PLEASE don't get just one! Contrary to popular belief, cats aren't independant in the way people many think they are. They enjoy company too. Twelve hours is a lifetime for a little kitten and it will be extremely lonely and miserable. Two kittens can play, snuggle together and groom each other

I did rescue work for many years and we wouldn't adopt a kitten to someone who is not home all day. It's not humane.:(

• Love 3

Please PLEASE don't get just one! Contrary to popular belief, cats aren't independant in the way people many think they are. They enjoy company too. Twelve hours is a lifetime for a little kitten and it will be extremely lonely and miserable. Two kittens can play, snuggle together and groom each other

I did rescue work for many years and we wouldn't adopt a kitten to someone who is not home all day. It's not humane.:(

Well, if it's not recommended I adopt just one then maybe I shouldn't go through with it.  I can't adopt 2 cats at once right now and would rather do what's best for him.

• Love 1

Well, if it's not recommended I adopt just one then maybe I shouldn't go through with it.  I can't adopt 2 cats at once right now and would rather do what's best for him.

I've had just one, then multiples, and now back to just one indoor again.  Sure, it is better if they have the company of you or another kitty, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it cruel and unusual punishment to have a singleton (especially knowing what alternatives await most shelter cats).  Just make sure you have plenty of playthings and distractions ... I amused myself and my cats with backyard and window bird feeders.   Kittens DO need more company and attention than older cats, but whatever you do, be prepared to spend a lot of your home time heaping attention on your furbaby and get used to posting with a cat draped on you and/or your keyboard!  :-D

• Love 2

Well after battling sickness for a month my fur baby Nitro died.  It's taken up most of my time as he was diagnosed with Mega Esophagus and had to eat upright and stand upright for at least 10 minutes after eating.  He was a big dog, my back is shot, and my heart is broken :(  He was skin and bones when he died as he did NOT want to eat and he hated the "mush" I had to feed him and had to have all his water in ice chips and jello.  I keep telling myself that at least he didn't suffer (he didn't get bad until the very end) but it just sucks and my house is so quiet.

• Love 2

Well after battling sickness for a month my fur baby Nitro died.  It's taken up most of my time as he was diagnosed with Mega Esophagus and had to eat upright and stand upright for at least 10 minutes after eating.  He was a big dog, my back is shot, and my heart is broken :(  He was skin and bones when he died as he did NOT want to eat and he hated the "mush" I had to feed him and had to have all his water in ice chips and jello.  I keep telling myself that at least he didn't suffer (he didn't get bad until the very end) but it just sucks and my house is so quiet.

There are no words to express my sorrow for your loss, kj4ever

As I sit here trying to deal with my own kitty's loss of yesterday, I find a small comfort from bonding with like-minded animal loving friends here at PTV.  I've been through the wringer with the very long illnesses of my other 4 furbabies, and the total shock of having to OK euthanasia yesterday - totally unexpected.  The pain and emptiness is the same, and kind words & reassurances only serve to remind me that I am not alone with this loss.  I wish I could be more eloquent, but I am pretty much gutted myself and have a major case of the puffy crylids to boot.

My broken heart goes out to you, my friend.

• Love 2

I've had just one, then multiples, and now back to just one indoor again.  Sure, it is better if they have the company of you or another kitty, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it cruel and unusual punishment to have a singleton (especially knowing what alternatives await most shelter cats).  Just make sure you have plenty of playthings and distractions ... I amused myself and my cats with backyard and window bird feeders.   Kittens DO need more company and attention than older cats, but whatever you do, be prepared to spend a lot of your home time heaping attention on your furbaby and get used to posting with a cat draped on you and/or your keyboard!  :-D

So does that mean we will be seeing a lot of NurseGiGi posts that will have been auto-kittyrected?  ;-)

And my condolences, kj4ever.  Losing a pet is always hard.  We lost a couple of cats due to health problems that were due to extreme old age.  They both were put down right in our living room.  But better that than watching them suffer just because we didn't want to let them go.  Takes time, but it does get better.

• Love 2

As I sit here trying to deal with my own kitty's loss of yesterday, I find a small comfort from bonding with like-minded animal loving friends here at PTV.  I've been through the wringer with the very long illnesses of my other 4 furbabies, and the total shock of having to OK euthanasia yesterday - totally unexpected.  The pain and emptiness is the same, and kind words & reassurances only serve to remind me that I am not alone with this loss.  I wish I could be more eloquent, but I am pretty much gutted myself and have a major case of the puffy crylids to boot.

Ahh I am so sorry for your loss too WQ.  I was so swimming in my own circle of shit I didn't see that you lost one too.  It just sucks.  My eyeballs actually hurt Thursday night, like were so swollen it was painful.  I know it will get better as time goes on, but out of all the animals I had him and I really had a tight bond.  He was one of those that had to be right by my side at all times...I've stepped over something that is not there like 20 times since he died so I think it is extra hard because it is just a constant reminder.

He also died in my lap and was doing the "breathing" thing that happens right before someone dies so it brought up the memories of my Dad passing last year.  It has not been a good couple of years for me, that's for sure.  Lost my Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Kitty Kat Martini and now Nitrol.  I am due for some good years.

As far as adopting....I remember I felt guilty with my cat and Nitro because I work a lot.  I did a vendor event for local rescues and when I voiced my fears they were all like "You have no idea what theses animals would go through if you didn't adopt them - don't you ever feel guilty!"  Now after saying that I've had one cat and then I've had 2 cats together.  I'd have two if possible, because when I just had one it drove me nuts and woke me up during the night like 3 times a night.  Once I got the second cat it bothered her instead...lol

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 4

kj4ever - you have had a terrible few years haven't you?  I know you feel like a punching bag when the hits just keep coming (I lost my 4 long-time companion kitties in 3 1/2 years, then had a respite for 2 years before this happened).  There's always one that is a special soulmate - mine died 2 years ago and life is very different without him.

I've also got the puffy swollen eyelid thing going - I call them "crylids".   My icepacks have been doing double duty soothing my aching arms and my aching face.  It sucks.

So does that mean we will be seeing a lot of NurseGiGi posts that will have been auto-kittyrected?  ;-)

iRWTV36 - I wouldn't doubt it.  My cat is always laying his face on my keyboard, ENGAGING THE CAPSLOCK, or adding something like "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" to my posts.  Once he walked across the keyboard and unhid a major Game of Thrones spoiler, the little fucker.  He's also butt-dialed the last # called on my phone.  :-)

• Love 3

Well, getting this kitty is a very big step for me.  I haven't had a pet since my sweet little weenie dog died 8 years ago.  I was heartbroken and swore I would never get another pet.  But, for whatever reason, I just love this cat.  He was about 3 months old when my friend took him in from a woman who had gotten him for her son. The woman's husband didn't like having a kitten around and threw the poor thing against a wall.  Anyway, each time I would go to her house he would immediately come climb in my lap for neck rubs and tap my face with his little paw when I stopped to let me know he wasn't done with me yet.  He's 6 months old now and I'm getting him on my 6 days off so he can have some time to get used to his new home before I go back to work.

Walnutqueen and kj4ever, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

• Love 2

I had a singleton cat who was perfectly happy on his own when I went to work. I worked 10 to 12 hours five days a week and, on occasions when I slipped in during the day, he was sleeping on my bed, sleeping on the window sill, zonked on catnip or playing with his toys. He was an anxious cat (he was on Prozac for eight months) so the shelter said he was suited to a home with no other pets. He died unexpectedly last year; so sorry to read others are going through losses.

• Love 2

Awww, NurseGiGi - it sounds like this little guy has chosen you, which is what all my boys did, too.  He's very lucky to get you, and I'm sure he will be a great source of comfort and affection for you.  Cats can be such a calming and loving presence - every one of them has a unique personality, but once they bond with you, it is a wonderfully fulfilling relationship.  You will be an excellent Mum.

Irishmaple - thank you, and I am very sorry for your loss, too.

• Love 1

I need to watch Z Nation.  Haven't even seen the 1st season yet (*hangs head in shame*).  The Strain and Penny Dreadful, and Gotham are also on my "need to watch" list.  (I'm a little hesitant about Gotham, but feel like I need to check it out anyway, just to see if its worth watching/following or not)  Sleepy Hollow is a slight possibility that might be given a chance as well.

I recently [the past few weeks] watched Dr Who, Sherlock, and The Flash.  (despite it being a CW product, the first season of TF was actually really good)

Work and college/NFL football have cut down the available time to put towards watching/catching up on shows, but I've gotten some watched and the first 3 on my "need to watch" list are bugging me to get watched, but that's where I'm at currently.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ETA:  Anyone watch American Horror Story, all 4 seasons (that have aired)?  I watched AHS: Murder House, but have yet to see Asylum, Coven, or Freak Show.  I see S5/Hotel starts up on 10/7.  I wonder if it will be mostly just a season long 'knock-off' of The Shining?  I think I might check it out, to see how similar it might end up being.  Is Jessica Lange still starring on the show?

I have. I preferred Asylum, to Coven or Freak show. I think Jessica Lange might be making an appearance.

I watch way too much TV. 

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( My Walter is still with me,but I worry. He's the only one I have left (of my dogs). 

My cat George, tipped my new-to-me monitor onto the floor, a few weeks ago. I'm usually okay with them knocking things over, but a string of things had already been broken, and we can't afford to replace everything. I wasn't angry for long,once I found that it was mostly okay. I was more angry at myself, for having left the door open, when he kept sleeping on my old monitor. 

We've also had a raccoon in the kitchen, several times. I now remember to shut the back door. One morning, gone 4am, I thought dad was up early. Nope... raccoon under the sink, looking for cat food. He had no interest in the vegetables, in bags on the floor.

I had a singleton cat who was perfectly happy on his own when I went to work. I worked 10 to 12 hours five days a week and, on occasions when I slipped in during the day, he was sleeping on my bed, sleeping on the window sill, zonked on catnip or playing with his toys. He was an anxious cat (he was on Prozac for eight months) so the shelter said he was suited to a home with no other pets. He died unexpectedly last year; so sorry to read others are going through losses.

:(

• Love 1

I'm so sorry to hear about the pet losses today. I think the 6 month old kitty will be fine, he's not 2 weeks old. He's already adapted to new situtations before. I had a cat, Monkey, for many years and he was the bestest. He was not clingy, he didn't wake me up at night, he was almost completely silent. I got a chirp from him when I got home from work, he'd jump on the edge of the couch for a chin scratch and then he was mostly done with me. He was always nearby but he wasn't a lap cat, he enjoyed being in his window hammock and playing on the porch. So one day I decided that maybe he was lonely, maybe he wanted a brother. So I brought home Nacho. Oh dear lord have mercy did I misjudge that one. He could not stand Nacho from day one. And it wasn't like they fought, there was no hissing or craziness, Monkey just completely ignored him. Nacho would come poke at him to play and Monkey wasn't having it.  You could just tell that he was annoyed by Nacho every minute of every day. Nacho is exactly oppostite, that's a needy gd cat! Omg he wants up in my business 24/7, apparently thinks I'm dead at night and must come wake me up to make sure I'm still breathing. Always, always always wants my food like his big bumble butt aint getting fed. He is highly active and for some bizarre reason he eats packing tape. Any box that gets delivered he will eat the tape and the cardboard. He is clearly not the sharpest crayon in the box, oi vey! Monkey passed away about 5 years ago but Nacho keeps on ticking. He's destroying my house, lil varmint. 

I'm desperately trying to hold on to my a/c being turned off, it's been humid which isn't comfortable but I'm trying to save a few bucks. Might sell some blood to dig my way out of a few bills. 

• Love 3

I'm so sorry to hear about the pet losses today. I think the 6 month old kitty will be fine, he's not 2 weeks old. He's already adapted to new situtations before. I had a cat, Monkey, for many years and he was the bestest. He was not clingy, he didn't wake me up at night, he was almost completely silent. I got a chirp from him when I got home from work, he'd jump on the edge of the couch for a chin scratch and then he was mostly done with me. He was always nearby but he wasn't a lap cat, he enjoyed being in his window hammock and playing on the porch. So one day I decided that maybe he was lonely, maybe he wanted a brother. So I brought home Nacho. Oh dear lord have mercy did I misjudge that one. He could not stand Nacho from day one. And it wasn't like they fought, there was no hissing or craziness, Monkey just completely ignored him. Nacho would come poke at him to play and Monkey wasn't having it.  You could just tell that he was annoyed by Nacho every minute of every day. Nacho is exactly oppostite, that's a needy gd cat! Omg he wants up in my business 24/7, apparently thinks I'm dead at night and must come wake me up to make sure I'm still breathing. Always, always always wants my food like his big bumble butt aint getting fed. He is highly active and for some bizarre reason he eats packing tape. Any box that gets delivered he will eat the tape and the cardboard. He is clearly not the sharpest crayon in the box, oi vey! Monkey passed away about 5 years ago but Nacho keeps on ticking. He's destroying my house, lil varmint. 

I'm desperately trying to hold on to my a/c being turned off, it's been humid which isn't comfortable but I'm trying to save a few bucks. Might sell some blood to dig my way out of a few bills. 

My cat Oliver was like that...He would come and sit next to me (never ever in my lap) I would pet him like 4 times and off he went.  He jumped in my lap a total of 2 times in 15 years.  He was a big food whore though and would beg like a dog when you ate.  One time I cooked for a new boyfriend and Oliver jumped on the table, took the pork chop off his plate, and ran under the bed.  It was funny as hell.  Well I thought so.  He didn't so he went from new boyfriend status to ex boyfriend status rather quickly.

• Love 3

Nacho is a beggar. Oh my, he acts like he's never been fed and he's ginormously rotund. Honestly, I did pick him because he had a cute little bumble butt when he was a baby. He just waddled. It was adorable. There's virtually nothing he won't eat. I've seen him pounce a dropped cheeto, peanut, mushroom. And the face! He will paw you like a starving orphan if you're reaching into a bag of chips. And I learned never to set anything thing down, not a plate or a glass, he was knocking drinks over left and right. Everything is his!

• Love 2

My Beanster was a total Cheetos snob.  No other snack bags were permitted - the affronted stink-eye he gave me if he came running to the crinkle of a bag opening and saw it wasn't Cheetos was more than I could bear.  He licked the orange off each Cheeto before it reached my mouth, and also helpfully licked the Cheeto dust from my fingers.  I haven't been able to eat a Cheeto since the day he died.  :-(

My Shoe Shoe loved French fries.  He was a polydactyl with 1 extra toe on both his back paws, but 2 extra toes on both his front paws.  That gave him the equivalent of opposable thumbs, and he was able to hold those fries in his big ole mitts while delicately munching.  One time he went for some fresh-out-of-the-oven tater tots, and burned a little soul patch on his chin.  :-)

Oliver was huge too...He was every bit of 25-30 pounds.  He was a big old Tomcat though so even without the extra padding he would have been a huge cat.  He used to flip over Cheetos too WQ!  I had to put them in the cabinet above the stove because he could open all the other cabinets and he would get them out and go to town on them.  He never did it with anything but Cheetos!

In other news, am I the only one who is just terribly disappointed in FWD?  I mean I know it's not like our Mothership, I told myself not to hold it to that standard but that of a new show, and I still can't believe the suckage that comes from that show.  I mean it is God. Awful.  You know a show is bad when a junkie, torturer, and insurance salesman are your favorite peeps.

• Love 4

Oh yeah, FWD isn't winning me. But unless there was something else on at the same time that's where my channel is. But I don't feel guilt or worry about spoilers if I'm out on Sunday night now, I just watch when I get to it. No big whoop. I do have 1 friend I think I'm disowning but it isn't specifically because he gave up on FWD, he is just a giver-upper, there is no quicker-picker-upper that will unchuck the wood that he hath chucked. That means absolutely nothing but I think I'm in an abusive relationship with my house. I whine and cry about the money I've poured into it but I think it just comes up with new things to cost me because I whined and cried. I should have taken my beating on the roof and been silent because now I may be forced to fork out for new siding.

[small voice] I kinda like FTWD, and the characters everyone else loves to hate. [/small voice]

nachomama - since becoming semi-disabled and poverty stricken, my house has also become somewhat of an albatross.  But I love it fiercely, and will hang on to the dilapidated dump 'till the day I die, if only for the critters nobody else wants to take on.  :-)

• Love 1

I am trying not to be completely Debbie Downer in the fwd forum because some people there (including walnutqueen :P ) like it, but I abso-fricking-lutely hate it. 

Day 1: zombie drug dealer

Day 3: riots from police shooting people

Day 12 (or whatever): we are fenced in our community and LA is completely empty

Whaa?

Where are people being concerned that CIVILIZATION IS ENDING and the majority of the world's population is dead or eating people? Do they just not get it? I really wanted to see society descend into chaos, but with no people in LA, it's kind of hard. And the military crap..well. Dumb. And I abhor Nick, Madison, and Travis. And the torturer. And the faux nurse. And the play dress up teens. And...wait. Why am I watching? I guess maybe I'm hoping there will be paper thrown on the ground, and one will be a newspaper that has blown across the country from King County, GA mentioning a certain deputy being shot or something. 

As an aside, I got the Michonne sling bag for my birthday, and I can't tell you how cool I look with the katana handle slung over my shoulder. Ha.

http://www.minotaur.com.au/showpic.asp?path=Messenger%20Bag/1624869.jpg

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 3

So, despite all the other (past, or still running) shows in my "queue to watch" list, I just started Fringe.  Only watched 3 eps so far, but its sci-fi, so good chance I'll keep watching just because of that.  Already a bunch of different 'cliffies', 'wtf's, and open plot threads, even after just 180 minutes into the show.  Definitely not a 'self-contained episode' type of show.  Glad I am just now watching and can binge on it, because I think the wait between weeks would have just about done me in, for a show like this.

And kikismom, I see you liked me missing you.  Welcome back (maybe?)!!  *internet hugs*

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

So, despite all the other (past, or still running) shows in my "queue to watch" list, I just started Fringe.  Only watched 3 eps so far, but its sci-fi, so good chance I'll keep watching just because of that.  Already a bunch of different 'cliffies', 'wtf's, and open plot threads, even after just 180 minutes into the show.  Definitely not a 'self-contained episode' type of show.  Glad I am just now watching and can binge on it, because I think the wait between weeks would have just about done me in, for a show like this.

And kikismom, I see you liked me missing you.  Welcome back (maybe?)!!  *internet hugs*

Thank you! I missed everybody! Cannot wait till Season 6 begins; not long now...

• Love 6

Don't know about y'all, either, but there are pages upon pages of vitriolic diatribe about FTWD in it's own forum, and seemingly endless room for more of the same.  Which is why I don't read much of it there anymore.  Heavy sigh.  :-)

It's hard to read forums when the majority of posters are hate watching. I dislike that for you!

nvm - totally wrong thread.

Not totally wrong. Have to figure a bit of small talk about it was okay. You know, since that is the thread title. :P Other one's good too.

• Love 1

As an aside, I got the Michonne sling bag for my birthday, and I can't tell you how cool I look with the katana handle slung over my shoulder. Ha.

http://www.minotaur.com.au/showpic.asp?path=Messenger%20Bag/1624869.jpg

Please tell me you wear this to take your kids to school and PTA meetings and shopping for groceries where you stab the fruit and slide it down your blade. I would just love to think that crowds part for you and you scare people in coffee shops etc. 

I watched the first season steadily, they lost me a bit in the second, but I will give you one small thing to take with you when you watch (not spoilery) when viewing the main chick...keep in mind her strong resemblence to JANICE the lead singer hippy chick of the muppet band. YOU'RE WELCOME :D

• Love 2

Don't know about y'all, either, but there are pages upon pages of vitriolic diatribe about FTWD in it's own forum, and seemingly endless room for more of the same.  Which is why I don't read much of it there anymore.  Heavy sigh.  :-)

Truth is, I'm not a hate-watcher; I do feel, though, this show had a tremendous storytelling potential which has to date been largely squandered by Kirkman and TPTB. What you're getting from me is disappointment, not hate. :/

I'm remarkably similar to an optimist in many ways, though, so I keep hoping they'll pull it out somehow. So I keep watching, and hoping. And FTWD is still better than much of its competition; it simply suffers from being in its parent's shadow, so to speak. And let's face it - TWD throws one helluva big shadow. :)

• Love 2

Yep, I'm terribly disappointed in FTWD and don't think I'll be back next year.  I don't hate-watch shows, I just move on.

My cat is a she, not a he as I first thought.  Which is good since the name she has wound up with is Pinky.  Kitty Cat Pinky, actually, to appease both of my grandkids. And I'm afraid she is already very spoiled.  Sigh.

I have 2 new WD t shirts.  One with Herschel's farm on the front, the other with a Top 10 Walker to do list.  I would love to have that Michonne bag, though.

• Love 2

FTWD is still better than much of its competition; it simply suffers from being in its parent's shadow, so to speak. And let's face it - TWD throws one helluva big shadow.

I think Z Nation is a better ZA show, and Better Call Saul a better spinoff.

But Fear the Walking Dead has helped me understand the praise I've read over the years for Frank Darabont.

• Love 3

Better Call Saul surprised me in so many ways. He was a character I didn't like on Breaking Bad, no interest whatsoever and I freaking love it. 

And I'm clarifying, you think Z Nation is a better ZA show than FTWD, correct?

I think Z Nation is a better ZA show, and Better Call Saul a better spinoff.

• Love 1

Truth is, I'm not a hate-watcher; I do feel, though, this show had a tremendous storytelling potential which has to date been largely squandered by Kirkman and TPTB. What you're getting from me is disappointment, not hate. :/

I'm remarkably similar to an optimist in many ways, though, so I keep hoping they'll pull it out somehow. So I keep watching, and hoping. And FTWD is still better than much of its competition; it simply suffers from being in its parent's shadow, so to speak. And let's face it - TWD throws one helluva big shadow. :)

Me too Nashville.  Really there is more chance for them to improve this show then TWD.  I mean there are some characters from TWD that they wouldn't touch like Michonne (even though they say no one is safe whatever) but with this show they can just kill off the dead weight, which is most of the main cast...lol

I'm watching the most excellent PBS show "E.O. Wilson - Of Ants and Men" and the opening scene has the great man himself sitting on a porch declaring:

When I'm finished with this, I'm going to Hollywood and look for a career.  Applying for a slot as a zombie, in one of those zombie movies where there are a large number of zombies.  You never know what director might pick me out, you know, as an ageing zombie.

Oh please, pretty please, make it SO!

You think Z Nation is a better ZA show than FTWD, correct?

Yes. I don't expect FTWD to be as great as TWD, but it's not even as good as iZombie, much less Z Nation.

I read an article suggesting season 2 of FTWD should start over yet again with new characters. Maybe each season could be a zombie outbreak anthology, like American Horror Story?

• Love 3

Yes. I don't expect FTWD to be as great as TWD, but it's not even as good as iZombie, much less Z Nation.

I read an article suggesting season 2 of FTWD should start over yet again with new characters. Maybe each season could be a zombie outbreak anthology, like American Horror Story?

I think that would be amazing....And you could see all the different struggles in different parts of the country and/or world.  I mean California has great weather, but without utlities running that place is going to become a desert real quick.  Water will be a huge issue.  The midwest has their winters, east coast is so populated....So many different issues...

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 3

I have the first season queued up to record during the marathon starting tonight. I should record season 2 but I doubt I'll have time to watch them, but I haven't watched season 2 since season 2 really. 

I'm starting "the Leftovers" from the beginning I hadn't watched so we will see if it intrigues me.

• Love 1

I'm starting "the Leftovers" from the beginning I hadn't watched so we will see if it intrigues me.

If you're the kind of person who needs answers, then this is not the show for you. As the name suggests, The Leftovers is about the people left behind, rather than how or where or even why 2% of the Earth's population disappeared.

Season 1 was based on a book by Tom Perrotta (Little Children). His cocreator is Damon Lindelof (Lost). Season 2 is a reboot.