Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Las Vegas

Best episode in a while. I read the AV Club review of this (http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/modern-family-las-vegas-202722), and I agree with it in a couple of ways: It had a very satisfying build up to a sort of crazy conclusion, in much the way that early episodes did, and by focusing on just the adult characters they were really able to narrow the focus of the stories. It makes you realize that this is really a show that just has too many characters to be consistently good. It's hard to believe that this debuted in the same season as Archer. 

This show has been just okay to me this season (and last season) but this episode reminded me that when the show is firing on all cylinders, it's capable of being really good. Once everyone started running in and out of the three hotel rooms, they did the kind of comedy they're good at.

• Love 1

Its a long time since I laughed so much at Modern Family. I was choking at one stage from laughing so much. Reminded me a lot of some great Fraiser episodes and a little bit of Fawlty Towers. Just perfect farce.

• Love 1

This show has been just okay to me this season (and last season) but this episode reminded me that when the show is firing on all cylinders, it's capable of being really good. Once everyone started running in and out of the three hotel rooms, they did the kind of comedy they're good at.

EXACTLY. Those scenes just had a fantastic rhythm to them.

It was nice to have an episode that was focused just on the adults for once. I think that really contributed to the way the whole thing came together.

I didn't realize the kids weren't in this episode. No wonder I enjoyed it so much, and I normally hate farce. I could still do without Phil, but I thought Claire was fun -- probably because she wasn't mothering a bunch of miserable teens.

The straight-man butler nailed it, and I love that they gave him the last joke before the break.

• Love 1

Reminded me a lot of some great Fraiser episodes and a little bit of Fawlty Towers. Just perfect farce.

I immediately thought of "Noises Off" -- I was just waiting for someone to walk in with a plate of sardines!

• Love 1